PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2005 Party - Need to finalise!

mrpayner
10-09-2005, 02:02 PM
G'day sports..

Just a general expression of interest for a christmas celebration of sorts at the Strike Bowling Bar in the Queen Vic building..

To see the available deals - Click here (http://www.astinagt.com/images/mrpayner/melb_xmaspacks.pdf)..and visit the official Strike Bowling Bar (http://www.strikebowlingbar.com.au/city/index.html) website HERE (http://www.strikebowlingbar.com.au/city/index.html)

I saw this place advertised in the "Voyeur" magazine on my Virgin Blue flight to the Gold Coast recently and thought that this would be a fun evening..

Cheers
Adam

Dogo
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
oh wow I didnt realise they had one there too.

I've been to the Chapel St one a few times.
And the bowling bar at Crown

I'd be interested :D

Drunknmonkeyau
10-09-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah i'll put myself in as a maybe mate.

Never been there myself but some workmates reckon it's a great place :D

SehnKhan
10-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Make it a day I have off and I'll be there fool

pr1mo
10-09-2005, 06:08 PM
theres one of them in frankston now too. could do it there then rock on here afterwards :)

Dogo
10-09-2005, 07:06 PM
i bet frankston is a bit far for the 'westies' but if you given them enough beer they might just pass out in the spa overnight ;)

Another idea,
Lets all get really really drunk and then pull Dan's car apart and try to put it together again.
see how many bolts we get left over :D

Cosmo Dude
10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Lets all get really really drunk and then pull Dan's car apart and try to put it together again.
Dans best is 5 spare gearboxes :p

As to the bowling I'll have a clearer idea closer to the date but I'd like to be there.

mrpayner
10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
LOL.. to make things interesting, we'll install everything through the exhaust pipe.. it's big enough! :p

An no Mike, stop try to save money on petrol you tight arse ;)

AP

CityEnd
10-09-2005, 09:11 PM
sounds like a great idea Adam, count me in.

just a few things i'd like to bring up...
-link to the pdf doesn't work :P
-will it be around xmas time and not actually on xmas day?
-the food list looks good, but just one game?

anyway I've been there a couple of times, and the lanes feel... smaller then usual
but the atmosphere is pretty good.

mrpayner
10-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Opps. i fixed the link up, my brain and fingers get out of sync sometimes.. :s

The event will most likely be before christmas.. not on christmas day.

Cheers
AP

Rupewrecht
11-09-2005, 06:04 PM

LOL you'd have to put it together first!

5 gearboxes and 6 diffs :p

but back on topic, i'd tag along - but not to Franga :P

tx3_realm
12-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Payner i think you are on a winner there!! looks just like the kind of place i could do some damage lol or at least keep the conversation above board :P let me know dates and put me down as a maybe

realm

pr1mo
12-09-2005, 07:49 PM
hehe i might catch a train in. city parking = eww

mrpayner
14-11-2005, 12:13 PM
oi nuffies.. when are people most likely to be free?? I'm out on the 10th December due to staff party [can't wait for the champagne train!]

So? When?

AP

CityEnd
14-11-2005, 01:42 PM
what day were u planning on doing this adam? as my weekends r pretty much booked out until the end of the yr, but i would still really like to go to this :)
for the sats and suns I'm busy on 19th(morning), 20th(evening), 26th(all day), 27th(morning), 3rd(morning), 10th(all day), 11th(all day), 17th(all day)

mrpayner
14-11-2005, 05:14 PM
It might even be worth a friday night if everyone's keen?

AP

CityEnd
15-11-2005, 02:02 PM
yeah friday nights is better for me, pretty much all free

so show of hands who's intersted in coming?

adam, let me know if i can be of any help, i can pop down there quite easierly any time.

skippy
16-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Doh,
was sounding good till I noticed this is the Vic section not NSW.

Dam queen victoria gets two building and what did she ever do for me????

Good luck
challenge for ya,

beat 103 with your off hand,

mrpayner
25-11-2005, 06:14 PM
I think my maximum score was about 180.. that was some time ago though..

Anyway, i think i've left it too late to organise the QVB for a christmas function.. but what about just a BBQ somewhere?? Down at the beach would be nice, somewhere like St Kilda or nearby.

Remember that meetup we had at the beech carpark ages ago just after i moved to victoria and we went somewhere?? Who was there... Dave, Dan, Mike, i think Rod was there too.. and that fella that brought the jap-spec hardtop along i can't remember his name now. We can have a BBQ and bring the cricket bat or soccer ball.. just have a bit of a muck around in the balmy afternoon sun..

Whaddaya reckon?
AP

pr1mo
25-11-2005, 07:10 PM
hmm that was around elwood i think. all that area will be choc a block this time of year on a weekend. we could make a bbq of it on that cape schank run quite easily :)

Cosmo Dude
25-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I have a BBQ I could bring, that way we would not be at the mercy of other people or council BBQ maintenance. Just need a place we can all gather.

pr1mo
25-11-2005, 08:24 PM
nyeh so long as theres not like 100s of us could do it at mine

mrpayner
26-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Stop trying to hijack my bloody thread mike! :p I am not driving all the way to frangga just for a bbq..

OK, Rod that sounds like a pretty good idea especially after some stories that i've heard about council bbq's and general hygene..

Dan or Dave, do you remember the place that i mentioned above? I recall a huge grass area adjacent to the car park that would be suitable for cricket/soccer/football/whatever..

AP

pr1mo
26-11-2005, 10:33 AM
dude it was just a suggestion no need to snap. my place is only half an hour from your dream site anyway so im not sure your too far cbf theory works. (refrains from further suggestions)

mrpayner
26-11-2005, 10:58 AM
You did not see the smiley face with tongue poking out? Me not snappy.. :p

AP

pr1mo
26-11-2005, 11:14 AM
haha u can see my point tho. not far for rod to cart his bbq + incorporate it into a cruise and ude have a good day

Rupewrecht
26-11-2005, 12:51 PM
yeah, it was elwood somewhere on beach road.

maybe even altona beach, just next to williamstown. plenty of grass area and a reasonable amount of parking, even at the height of summer (evenings anyway).

but yeh, a bbq sounds like a goer.

pr1mo
26-11-2005, 01:15 PM
hehe glassed areas woooo :) lol nah westside sounds alright no fools go there

Rupewrecht
26-11-2005, 01:55 PM
lol GRASS that was supposed to be. My brain and fingers aren't connected today (moreso that usual)

CityEnd
27-11-2005, 09:36 PM
ewww, do NOT have a bbq at the beach especial elwood beach, i went to a friends birthday once a few yrs back and it was swarming with huge blow files, it was impossible to keep them all away from the food and they like to hang off your back, especially if you're wearing a black t shirt.

pr1mo
28-11-2005, 07:25 AM
logic wins!

nah i think they had an ironman event at elwood once and some ironman stepped on a syringe. there was a heap a putcry about it and the beaches were heaps well swept for the next morning but still a young kid in the junior ironman comp stepped on one. dodgy elwood :P

mrpayner
03-12-2005, 08:57 AM
So what other nice destinations are there.. i'd prefer something central.. Are there any nice spots at Essendon or Carlton? There'd have to be..

AP

pr1mo
03-12-2005, 09:00 AM
severe lack of parking near carlton. essendon isnt super central and most people from down south will will need etags to get there in a reasonable sort of time. that pub in south melbourne was good. what aout albert park?