PDA

View Full Version : Powerchip 98 gold - Heard of it?

SehnKhan
07-04-2003, 12:58 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I have been poking aorund on the next for some performance upgrading. As I cannot see the turbo option being available for a while (lack of $$$), I have stumbled across something called a PowerChip 98 Gold.
Details Here (http://www.powerchipgroup.com/products/whatis/powerlevels.asp)

Has anyone heard of this at all? It claims to bring about 10 extra kilowatts, and costs $690 for the top of the line chop (3 year warranty). Read the details from the above link, and let me know your thoughts guys, cause I already have a cat back exhaust and pod filter, will be getting extractors and new cat hopefully soon aswell.

Thanks ???[/color:post_uid0]

BigBoyLemonade
07-04-2003, 02:21 AM
[color=#006666:post_uid0]Im not sure but 10kw seems like a resonable claim...

I know some of the guys that races porchses use powerchip and unichip and swear by them..[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
08-04-2003, 06:28 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Sounds like a chip designed for 98ron fuel only so just
be clear high octane fuel only. Have you checked out
chiptorque as they seem to be doing all sorts of things
for the hyundai's inc twin throttle bodies and turbo kits.
If you plan on continuing to upgrade it may work out
cheaper for reprogramming if they have further performance
chips available in their lineup.

Regards

Mal[/color:post_uid1]

SehnKhan
08-04-2003, 06:47 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]At the moment I have shelved the idea for turbo - quite simply it would be too costly for me, and believe me, I have no where near the funding to cover all of the neccessary upgrades for a turbo setup.
As for fuel, I only use Optimax in the car (or on the odd occasion Mobile Synergy). Mal is right in saying the chip is for 98 RON fuel only, for me that won;t be a problem. A place call Performance Styling Centre (who replace HVe) had a throttle body assembly on the site reently, but is no longer there for some reason :(
I'll have a look at chiptorque as a few people have now recommended the item. Thanks guys.[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
08-04-2003, 07:04 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]I just use an example of a place called C.O.M.E performance
where the first chip costs $xxx but the following chips cost
a fraction of the original and you just send back the old one.

Food for thought. You never know where you will end up.
I didn't really think I would have turbo when I drove it brand
new from the dealership but now I think the only thing I could
have repaired under warrenty would be the glovebox.

Regards

Mal[/color:post_uid1]

SehnKhan
10-04-2003, 09:11 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Called the Performance Styling Centre, he too recommended chipsorque, purely on the basis that the chip would have been designed for the car in question, not a generic chip. Thanks Mal :)[/color:post_uid0]

LOW 626
10-04-2003, 09:44 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]you running the 4 or the 6? the computer in the 6 automaticly adjusts its timing to the ron of the fuel, there has been many a debate on this over at mx6.com and it has been decided that it is not worth it as in bang for buck unless your highly modified or running a turbo[/color:post_uid0]

SehnKhan
11-04-2003, 06:49 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Sorry, most of the guys here know I'm not an Astina Driver, I just like the people here.[/color:post_uid0]