PDA

View Full Version : Attn all Novacastrians

Nate
29-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey all ... if you guys have read the other threads i will be heading down your way on the 6th on my way to sydney. at the moent the plan is to leave brisbane at 4am, add an hour for daylight saving and that will put me in coffs at 10am. i know its a 6 hour dirve from coffs to sydney so i guess its probably about 4 1/2 to newcastle. that should put me in newcastle at 2:30 or 3 depending on how many macca's i feel compelled to stop at :P

Anyway after speaking with a few of the newy guys you all get together on a sunday arvo? i wont be able to stop to long because i need to be in sydney for dinner but i would love to stop into newy or even meet on the highway somewhere and catch up with the newcastle guys! anyone keen?

i usually stop at that massive BP near the roundabout at the end of the freeway ... not sure how far that is from newcastle itself? maybe we could meet there ... or near the hexam bridge. oh well let me know if anyone is interested?

tidy protege
29-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah sounds good to me, the bp servo near the big round about is like 5 mins from my house, but if you want to catch up with some of the newcastle boys, hexam is probably ya best bet.

Ill spread the word around to the other astina locals and maybe we can meet up with you along your travels.

Nate
30-10-2005, 09:26 PM
thanks tidy ... i spoke to a couple of the guys and they are happy for the bp but i will leave it in your capable hands ... either or is ok with me because i have to drive past both :P ... i have your number so ill give you a ring and left you know where im at ;)

Red Frog
31-10-2005, 12:06 AM
hey guys!

if anyone is free on thurs day (10th nov) and wants to go crusin' with nate and i, PM me :) we'll prob be nth syd way. not too sure at this stage. but if u've got nothing planned, come along!! :)

bradsp20
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
sounds good!!! keep us posted on whats happening Red Frog / Nate

Red Frog
01-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Will do! We'll figure out what to do closer to the date and geet bak to u. But definitely that Thurs at this stage.

mobsta_Satan
02-11-2005, 12:03 PM
anywy getting back to the point Nate on the 6th, which is this sunday, wen are you goin through and where are you stoping hexham bridge or the BP, personally i think the BP would be alot easier you cant really stop anywhere on Hexham bridge.

platypus
02-11-2005, 12:10 PM
he could stop at the Oak ??

Nate
02-11-2005, 02:10 PM
lol yeah i meant oak ... wasnt sure if it was still open tho? i think the BP is set in place!

so we will aim for 3 pm at the BP? i will probably roll in a bit earlier but that gives me time to fill the car and stretch the legs!

and i have seen lots of cars stopped on that bridge! 2 face planted the wall, another one was squashed between the wall and a truck and amazingly one was on its roof! (that was when i was about 6 tho :p)

mobsta_Satan
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah okay sorry champs, the oak is still there anyway ill try and be at the BP aye at 3pm on the dot.

See ya then Nate lookfor the messed up silver/grey BA

Nate
03-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah okay sorry champs, the oak is still there anyway ill try and be at the BP aye at 3pm on the dot.

See ya then Nate lookfor the messed up silver/grey BA

done! ... it will fit in well with my messed up grey bg :P

... speaking for messed up ... where is the ploughtege?

mobsta_Satan
03-11-2005, 01:05 PM
... speaking for messed up ... where is the ploughtege?
wHAT IS THIS PLOUGHTOGETE YOU SPEAK OF, IS IT SOME SORT OF MAJESTICAL CREATURE

Nate
03-11-2005, 01:28 PM
wHAT IS THIS PLOUGHTOGETE YOU SPEAK OF, IS IT SOME SORT OF MAJESTICAL CREATURE

well the reason it is still running is shrouded in mystery :p

platypus
03-11-2005, 11:35 PM
well the reason it is still running is shrouded in mystery :p
because panels do not make a car run good man

unless you've been watching too much F&F.... mmmm 143kw vinyls.......

the mechanical side of my car is looked after well thanks!! still on most original parts, and second set of brake pads... not bad for 230,000km!!!!

parts that have been replaced on the mechanical side have had some lead back to the driver.... like when my ex borrowed the car for a month or so it kept surging... that was due to a contaminent at the service centre.......... thanks tony!

any way in response to your actual question, sorry mate i'll be at Wyong G-G course with Butters

Nate
04-11-2005, 09:56 AM
because panels do not make a car run good man

unless you've been watching too much F&F.... mmmm 143kw vinyls.......

the mechanical side of my car is looked after well thanks!! still on most original parts, and second set of brake pads... not bad for 230,000km!!!!

parts that have been replaced on the mechanical side have had some lead back to the driver.... like when my ex borrowed the car for a month or so it kept surging... that was due to a contaminent at the service centre.......... thanks tony!

any way in response to your actual question, sorry mate i'll be at Wyong G-G course with Butters

lol it was a joke mate ... your car is probably in better mechanical condition than mine :p

mike_d87
04-11-2005, 05:11 PM
sorry for my ignorance but what BP r u meeting at?? i cant remember seeing ne at hexham unless its the servo near the bowling club and macca's??

Nate
04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
there is one at the northern end or the freeway to sydney (f2?????) right near the roadabout ... its huge and on top of the hill from memory

mobsta_Satan
05-11-2005, 01:52 PM
yeah it is right at the start of te pacific i thnk itscalle there is a round abut and we in NEWY call it beresfield near thornton so yea thats where it is

goldsp
05-11-2005, 04:11 PM
there is one at the northern end or the freeway to sydney (f2?????) right near the roadabout ... its huge and on top of the hill from memory

end of the F3

Nate
05-11-2005, 04:20 PM
damn ... i was one f off!!

Nate
05-11-2005, 08:32 PM
im going to bed ... cya's tomorrow!

platypus
05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
your taking the coast road i presume... hexham bridge has the oak just after you cross it.... like take right (from the bridge) in the left lane, because its in the next intersection!!!

tidy protege
06-11-2005, 11:53 AM
ill be at the bp servo at 2.30 or 2.45, hope to see a couple of 323's there.

mcwilly
07-11-2005, 12:57 PM
sorry i didnt make it had a bit of drama wid a mates car

Nate
08-11-2005, 08:32 AM
tis cool ... met up with the guys and had a good arvo ... thanks to all the guys who came down ... will catch up with those that couldn't on the newcastle cruise!