PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

white^pony
20-11-2002, 01:40 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]ah finally got the coilover suspension in.....took them 2 weeks of straight labour to construct using super kings coil over springs....koni adjustable shocks and custom made struts.......cost me alittle over $3200 :O ...gives the car 8 inches of thread adjustment overall tho....blasted things creak tho ...but fixing that with rubber inserts this week....peace out ppls..[/color:post_uid0]

kyra
20-11-2002, 11:16 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]F ME!!!!! that's some serious suspension work... i gather you are using the car for club sprints, motokhanas' and the like.
how much different does it feel to your previous setup???

cheers,
Bill[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
21-11-2002, 02:32 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Why the need for custom struts. Everybody else is usually
a cut and weld the thread to the top eg like what Dan has.
I do like the idea of 8inches of travel. Keen to know what
part no.the koni's were as did not think the length of the rod
to the length of the piston chamber(bad term but eh!)
would allow that much adjustment with either the valve
hitting the top of the shock or bottoming out. Least thats
how it was when I asked about my BA ??

Ta

Mal[/color:post_uid1]

Rupewrecht
21-11-2002, 08:40 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]8 inches! GEEEEEEEEESUS! *bows in homage* :D

but yeah, how the hell do you get that much adjustment, and have the shaft be short enough (at lowest height) to still offer suspension travel, yet still have the shaft of the shock long enough at full height? :O

pictures please! :)[/color:post_uid0]

BigBoyLemonade
21-11-2002, 08:59 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hello! Damn where did you get this done? Pictures please!

Are they going to keep the design on call so if anyone wants it they can make it up quickely?[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow
22-11-2002, 07:40 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Holy Sh!t, that's more travel than my moutain bike!

Agree with the others, "Pictures please!"[/color:post_uid0]

white^pony
23-11-2002, 12:56 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]part no? cant get much more custom than this.....even the shocks were rebuild with different valves etc....i honestly couldnt list number of hours put into this suspension...[/color:post_uid0]

white^pony
23-11-2002, 01:09 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]hey guys...

They were originally gonna use my factory shocks...but they were 8 years old..so they just got konies and pulled em apart.....different internals as i said and hpc'ds in black and chrome....atm car sits about in the middle of adjustment and has 4 inches of adjustment each side...ie i could literally sit it on its nuts or jack it up like a rodeo. Took a total of 2 and a half weeks of straight labour to constuct with many spring and shock companies contacted because when was lowered or raised the springs kept bending. However they finally got it right :) . Original quote was $1500 <--dont trust performance centres... Also about the stuts.....my originals couldn't support such a adjustment level so aftermarket ones were used with a custom made 8 inch thread. Also at the time i got 6:4 stainless turbosmart cannon mounted on the left...on a left and upwards angle....Suspension is still a work in progress atm.....springs like to twist on their endings making them clunky on full lock because of their fixed nature...maybe dry grease or rubber.... ???

ps...drives on rails now..[/color:post_uid0]

white^pony
23-11-2002, 01:15 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]oh yeah i forgot to add.....the other car club im in is sponsered by the company who did the suspension and i received a 20% discount....so add several hundred to that :([/color:post_uid0]