PDA

View Full Version : Finaly going to do it.

.::Astina|Brad::.
21-02-2003, 04:28 AM
[color=#728FCE:post_uid0]Since that modifymycar.com was posted on here somewhere... *i've been playing with it all day. and iv;e gotten to the point where i'm going to actually modify my car. Starting out with wheels and i went and looked at ENKEI Tarmac Evo's today... *light weight racing wheels *apparently the ones used on the Lancer rally cars... * they only come in 17inch * but they cost alittle over $400 each rim...

i'm liking the white wheel look.. there are also Avanti wheels ' Stalker White' *in 17inch only too...

Just lookin for advice from u guys... *i'm not sure if my incurance comp. will allow me to do many mods.. *i want to get it lowered as well... *about 2 inches... *i'm with NRMA not sure if they're anal about thos sort of mods...

i wouldn't mind going to 18 inches.. *but once again.. *not sure if i'll be allowed... *and also i don't know of any white 18's

wat do guys think of the white wheel look??? *i'm also thinking of respray the car yellow or electic blue...

any help appreciated.
Brad.

P.S *u mite be able to see in my avatar the look i'm talking about... *it's one i made in modifymycar.com[/color:post_uid0]

pr1mo
26-02-2003, 11:07 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]check out MOMO GT2 tuning wheels. buy direct from momo/autotek as well save over $80 per wheel :)

cheers mike[/color:post_uid0]

ABC
27-02-2003, 12:23 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]A mate of mine told me that NRMA only allows people to lower their cars 1 inch from standard without changing insurance premiums or rejecting insurance outright.

Haven't researched it myself though so can't say difinitively. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht
27-02-2003, 01:01 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]any wheels you like you can get powdercoated in white for about $40 each, and white wheels are cool - i've been tossing up getting some for my hardtop :)

and electric blue and white looks good (http://hrdwrbob.net/mca/uploads/rupewrecht/mmm323_01.jpg) :)[/color:post_uid0]

ABC
27-02-2003, 07:07 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]The only problem with having white wheels is keeping the bastards clean. Just take a look at any of the new mini's running around with the white wheels. :(

They look the ducks guts though! *:)[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow
01-03-2003, 03:08 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]With the NRMA, you also need:

* 100mm clearance under the car
* Headlights must be 500mm (don't quote me on this number) or greater above the ground
* No part of the guard (or any bodywork) can be below (ie obscure) the rim of the tyre

Not sure about how big you can go on the wheels, I THINK as long as the radius of the rim/tyre combination doesn't exceed the biggest on the plate on the door, you're right.[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow
01-03-2003, 03:10 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Sorry bout the double post...

Rupe, that electric blue 'stina looks f@*ken awsome!![/color:post_uid0]