PDA

View Full Version : Need new subs

chipa
03-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Well I finally killed one of my US audio subs (they had a hard life, but still lasted a decent amount of time :cry: )

So the short story is that I need 2 new subs. With 2 of the old model Jaycar 2x150WRMS amps, I'm able to drive 450WRMS at 4 ohms per sub.

My question is: What 12" subs do you know of that will fit those specifications?

-BraXta-
03-12-2005, 10:27 AM
why not check out the new Dual voice coil jaycar response subs... they sound pretty good and ive had jaycar subs b4 and they are pretty damn good man =D

worth the look =D

they also are made so its either cone out or magnet out =D

i think... lol

Critter
03-12-2005, 10:37 AM
There are AT LEAST 100 choices.
If you want something that looks trick as well as sounds good, you will pay a little more.
If you want to go ported then the choices are fewer (to do it properly, but you could get away with one good woofer. Really the choices are endless. Budget?
If you need some help with enclosure design, I'm happy to help. Been doing that for longer than most members here have been alive....

chipa
03-12-2005, 03:21 PM
The jaycar subs are a little low on the power handling side, which is unfortunate as they are cheap.

Not looking at going ported as I'd like to keep as much boot space as possible. My budget is looking at around the $3-400 mark per sub. My current dual 12" box is about 26lt per side, but that is going to be replaced once I get the new subs.

Ripper323
06-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Mate if you aren't already a member go to Car Audio Australia and surf the forums there, there is massive amounts of information about subs in there. For $400 per sub you can get a couple of decent subs.

Car Audio Australia (http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/index.php)

chipa
08-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Well just so you guys know, it looks like I'm going with the DD (Digital Designs) 1012a sub. The only complaint I've been able to find about them so far is their lack of 'good looks'. As I'm not building a show car, I don't need bling bling subs..