PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone with alot of know how be willing to help?

Ian
09-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Hi guys

As you all know, im doing a BPT conversion.

Anyway, ive heard of people doing it at home, and im woundering if we can all get together and help me out?

Im not asking you to do it for free... There will be free food (bbq at the end and nibilies), drinks(alcoholic), and yes, maybe some cash to thoes who can help :D

That being said, the whole idea is to save on labour, so I cant really offer more then 50-100 (depending on how much cash I have spare at the end) bucks per head and even then thats only if u actually helped, instead of standing around...

Most profesionals arent able to fit me in till feb sometime... Thoes who can are shifty and I wouldnt touch them with a 60 foot poll, and I really wana have this done by jan 28, 2006

so... any takers?

BPT_ASTINA_ENGINE_EXPERT
10-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Hi my name is Antonio

Yeah I was not aware that you were doing a BPT engine conversion. I actually created my log in for the sole purpose of helping you out. I am currently in my third year of a mechanic apprentiship. I actually own two SP astina's and one of them has a BPT engine conversion which I did myself with the help of a close friend. I did it in my garage. I just use the other one for parts as its a bit tired now since its sole purpose was that of rally racing.

Just a couple of queries regarding these nibblies you have to offer. What did you have in mind. What about the bbq, whats happening there? Listen mate I am willing to do the conversion with help from yourself for free (so long as you pay for the parts......and the nibblies) as I think us astina brothers should stick together. It would probably be best if you swung around mine to do it as I have all the necessary equipment that is required to do it in my garage, including a crane. I live in the geebung area. Im on Robinson road. Do you know where this is? If your near here perhaps we should make firmer arrangements and make a day of it. Im very busy but your welcome to come around on the 11th or the 12 th of december as I hav RDO's. If you interested it has to be on these days as im off to bali after those dates. What do you think?

Kind Regards Antonio ;)

pr1mo
10-12-2005, 05:47 PM
haha thats tomorrow :P

Ian
10-12-2005, 06:50 PM
nibbilies, meh, whatever. I was planning on just chucking a barbeque /w some corn chips and beer and whatever I have lieing around the house... Whatever you want I can probobly cater for :P

As to the dates, man, its the 11th today and theres no way I can have the parts by tommrow. The clutch joint wants a few days notice to make up my clutch for me and itll take a while to ship the engine I want from where it is at the moment. Even then, the fly wheel will need to be machined and that will take a few days to get done... Also, the exhaust shop will want a few days notice.

Is it possible you meant the 11th / 12th of january?

Or the 21st / 22nd of december?

I live on the northside, mitchelton. Getting the parts to you shouldnt be an issue, ill just hire a trailor and use my dads territory to tow the ones that are too heavy to move by hand. Nates offered to help as well, so between the three of us im sure we can work something out.

My MSN address is muff_rider69@hotmail.com if you want to talk to me more about it.

Other then that man, I really appreciate (read: Love) the offer for help. If I could get the labour done for free, it would give me alot of breathing room incase something go's wrong, and leave me with enough cash at the end for new rubber / turbo timers and other goochy stuff.

my sisters just rocked up from candberra where she is studying today so my family is chucking a "party" (suit and tie affair) tonight which I have to go to, so I probobly wont be on MSN till late or, if you catch me, right now.

//edit:

The AGT qld xmas cruise is tommrow... You should come along :P

BPT_ASTINA_ENGINE_EXPERT
11-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Ok man, yeah that sounds mad. When is this cruise. Ill bring a couple of mates along as well. Chad has a skline (r32 GTR) and grant has a 200sx. We should all hook up a mad cruise. We have to be careful though I am down to three points due to an incident at aspley maccas the other night. Have you ever been down to aspley maccas.

Yeah so just send us some details regarding the cruise itself and im down.

Your Friend

Antonio

Ian
13-12-2005, 02:14 AM
yeah, my gf lives down the road from aspley maccas...

Anyway man, my engine died last night on the cruise. So I need a new one, asap.

//edit incase you didnt know, the cruise I was talking about was yesterday, sunday the 11th... Sorry you missed it, cause murphies law really bit me in the ass and it was funny.

Ian
13-12-2005, 10:57 PM
*gentle nudge*

what dates are you availible on and can I get a test drive of your car sometime?

much lub
Ian

//edit really need an answer on this. We can rig up a crane at my place using the big metal bar that holds the house up that runs accross my garage, but I really need a profesional hand here as I dont think the repair manual is going to be sufficent completly. Im looking at getting this done really, really soon as my family cannot function on one car.

BPT_ASTINA_ENGINE_EXPERT
18-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey again mate,

Im able to be of assistance for your conversion, looking forward to meeting you at the cruise on the 27th

Regards,

Antonio

Ian
19-12-2005, 08:38 PM
The conversion has started man. send me a msg on 0400 813 419 if you want to help.

My car will be up and running by the 27th, so if thats the first time u meet me, well then... :O you wont be the only turbo BG there.

AstinaBoiV6
30-01-2006, 01:48 AM
any hookers????? :D