PDA

View Full Version : Get To Know each other cruise.

Ian
20-02-2006, 11:25 AM
In a thread somewhere recently, someone made the point that we should have a nice quiet cruise somewhere out of the way with a good hogs breath one night and have a big sit down meal with everyone, so everyone can get to know each other a bit better.

I for one think its a great idea, but since noone ever comes on stuff I orginize :P I might leave it up to someone elese. Besides, im a shte choice when it comes to food.

AstinaBoiV6
20-02-2006, 11:27 AM
yer count me in but we should wait a while .. 2 many cruises 2 close together thats y low turnout as sum1 goes to this 1 but not to the others u kno.... I always have to work dammit...:p i rekon hav it in easter break.. after my cruise remember i have a thread for a cruise durin then.. how bout u n me organize it Ian... make it the best cruise ever :)

Nate
20-02-2006, 11:29 AM
OMFG astinaboiv6 made a sensiable post ... well done son!!

Ian
20-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Well easter eh..?

Howabout march the 19th. Thats a good month away. As for places, im sure theres a decent steakhouse on the gold coast somewhere.

Nate
20-02-2006, 11:34 AM
nah we are doing the twiggy / zoomer cruise in march ... maybe have a feed then on that one how does that sound?

AstinaBoiV6
20-02-2006, 11:35 AM
march 19th ay thats on a Sunday.. yer ok.. hmm u wana make it a meet up like at 10 and cruise down highway to somewhere to eat a steak or sumfin.. I mean we'l organize it properly on another thread with details and stuff and take a count of who wants to come.. that way we will know exactly if worth goin on or not.. :D I hope we can get atleast 25 members that would b awsome.. Photoshoot somewhere nice would b cool.. Any members reading this a new thread about the cruise will be up soon.. please dont plan any other (new) Queensland cruises between now and march 19th as we want the big turnout on this 1 as its not just a cruise but a meet and greet.

oohh i posted after nates comment ohh ok... umm can we have 2 cruises in that month.. like 1 at the start and maybe this 1 at the end ?

project.r.racing
20-02-2006, 11:42 AM
gav and i suggested food in another thread... yummy... hoesbeath or a pizza/pasta place be good

89sp1.8
20-02-2006, 05:24 PM
i like food....but i hate people..ahahaha na jks
yeh ill most likely be there ;)

bourbon
20-02-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah we need to do somethin so we can have sensible time away from the cars :p... dont we also have the coffs cruise just before easter as well?

i reckon maybe instead of these full on days where we drive really fast...we actually cruise and take it at the speed limit... haha i no its hard to do but who knows might be a lil more enjoyable...

for food normally sizzler is a big hit...cause it has the variation types of food but maybe a lil exie...

and how bout we make this cruise in april and make this like a big cruise...try and get as many of the queensland members to come along so we do get to meet as many as possible...

and youll be hearing from me alot less on the forums now :p (POSTWHORE SPREE IS OVER...thought bout it the other night...) maybe we should get the group convos goin again on msn...

323kid
20-02-2006, 08:49 PM
i may just be in, wouldn't mind putting some faces to the names on here.

chicaboo
20-02-2006, 08:50 PM
You may be dissappointed when you see those faces... :p

Ian
20-02-2006, 09:13 PM
so what date is best for everyone? Does anyone have a problem with march 19th? Bearing in mind it will be a mid afternoon / night cruise with very little spirited driving.

More of a social event then a cruise.

Maybe best to leave it later?

chicaboo
20-02-2006, 09:39 PM
If there is no spirited driving, I have a fab suggestion. Let's drive down to Ballina way, on the way there you see the best greenery and get to take in some gentle as you wanna make it mountain drives with even better scenery on the way! There is an area where you can pull up and take a good 170degree panoramic snapshot of the hills, etc...

I dunno what can be done for lunch down that way, there is the big prawn, might be able to have a BBQ (cheap), and on the way back do Hoe's Breath at the spit...

AstinaBoiV6
20-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Il be in given im not working.. But yes i agree we dont need to go over the speed limmit.. what sort of example are we senting for the kids. lol... You know what this cruise could b a chance for all members to bring along their missus/ girlfriend and have a real bonding session... we could go for a late lunch say round 3 - 4 followed by a movie or something.. maybe some sporting events like umm.. pool nar lol i was thinkin more along the lines of like muck around soccer or touch footy or sumfin..

yer my postwhoring days are over 2 matt burbs ,, i just wanted to get senior member status.. that achieved im chillin out.. except on word game.. il post every 2nd or 3rd post after my own..

Ian
20-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, as to the sport idea, theres nothing stoping people from kicking a ball around, but not everyone is the budding athlete

and chickaboo, are you sure the chickaboo could resist the full sik choice bro twisties bro if we do go via the senic route?

I know it would be taxing some of us mighty hard to go around a set of choice twisties at 50 kph.

chicaboo
20-02-2006, 10:03 PM
and chickaboo, are you sure the chickaboo could resist the full sik choice bro twisties bro if we do go via the senic route?I don't really have any choice, I have 1 good tyre and 3 bad ones, and my front brakes gave out the other night going into a corner at 60+. :( I need to cosy the car around for a while until I have it suitable for that sort of thing again...

Ian
20-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Oh Well. The idea of the cruise is a gentle, relaxed, risk free and laid back day. If people wana gun it round the twisties to spice it up a little, noones going to stop them, and the chilaxed people will meet them at the bottom.

Astro Boy
20-02-2006, 11:25 PM
The Tinbilly... or if money is no object, then i think the suggestion of sizzler is a winner...

Ian
20-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Oh gods, I had a mate work at sizzeler, he said there food was choice taste but not so choice health. Like super bad get anthrax (Somehow) hygine.

Astro Boy
21-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Anthrax??? Bud that comes in the mail from terrorists! :p

Oh, i had a mate work at sizzler, he said the food tasted good but wasn't the healthiest option as often it had selmanila growing in it

Try that! :p Not all of speak fully sik! ;)

[Relax, its a joke, i'm not having a crack at you!]

Ian
21-02-2006, 12:04 AM
but my choice ego is bruised bro...

Im going to go fully cry in the sick corner... After I ate at sizzeler.

Astro Boy
21-02-2006, 12:05 AM
LOL! :p

CRA23
21-02-2006, 12:07 PM
what about lazer skermish? its like nomal skermish but with no bruises :D theres a few in brizzy and on the goldy

http://www.laserskirmish.com/SEQ/default.htm

bourbon
21-02-2006, 12:20 PM
no no no...if your gonna do skermish ya cant go the pussy way out :p i bet you anymoneythat laser skermish isnt as fun...plus after wards you cant go hey look at the bruise i got...or HOLY **** LOOK AT MY ASS ITS CUT OPEN FROM THE PAINTBALL...

CRA23
21-02-2006, 02:32 PM
ive had a bad experience with paint ball, i use to go with school every term untill a paint ball found its way in to my nether regions, it was quite painfull, ive never been near a paint ball place since then

bourbon
21-02-2006, 03:08 PM
ahhahah **** dude...didnt yas wear cups? actually non of us did apart from 1 person...

but just try and remember how fun it is...without thinkin bout bein shot and ya royal jewels...

Ian
21-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Burbon man, you have to realise, that these sporting ideas and physical activity ideas are great and all, but dude, the idea of the cruise is a *relaxed* cruise where we can chill, hang out and discuss the weather. While im all for a chance to fill nate with paintballs, It would go against the nature of the cruise. Besides, not everyone on AGT is sporty, and it would not be suitable.

Im still thinking a quiet drive followed by a good dinner and discussion is the way to go.

bourbon
21-02-2006, 04:27 PM
ian...i didnt suggest to go do skermish/laserskermish...someone else mentioned laser skermish and i said paintball is better...so please dont point the finger at me :p (ohh im not gettin ****ty)

i too would like a day were we will just have a cruisy day...no rushes to be anywhere and just sit and relax...maybe have a few drinks sometime durin the day tooo...

89sp1.8
21-02-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah chillied out sounds good..maybe a late arvo cruise..? sundown senic route to a night chilled out dinner down south somewhere..?then night cruise back up...
just a suggestion...

if not im still in for the day cruise :D

we will have to do a night cruise again sometime though:)

Ian
24-02-2006, 05:17 AM
yeah afternoonish / night cruise.

We should get the clasic list going:

You all know what to do, only difference this time is a surgested date.

1. Ian - 19 / march