PDA

View Full Version : M J's BPT Conversion Thread

M J
20-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Well after a couple days, most of the work has been done

Car started first go which was a good sign, only prob it isnt idling, turns on and then just dies, but if it is revved then keeps going. Any possible ideas on whats going on there?

Just a few other niggling things which i have to sort out

*Air box from BP won't fit onto the new AFM from BPT, so i guess i'm going to have to use a pod and get the adapter

*also i think its the boost solenoid??? but its next to the AFM not sure bout where that is meant to be wired up to, how do i post up pics havent done that before

*need to get the exhaust done as well

Any help with these issues would be much appreciated

thanks Mark

project.r.racing
20-02-2006, 05:46 PM
the prob accualty sounds like the motor/engine fuse is dead - or something to do with it or along that line - look in fusebox near feet

323kid
20-02-2006, 08:32 PM
mine did that a bit, just open up the little afm thingy, and make sure there is no moisture in there. that was a problem with mine, a quick blow with an airgun and she ran fine. then make sure you re-seal it.

Ian
21-02-2006, 03:59 AM
Man how many BG BPT are there croping up?

Its an avalanche!!!!!!

Okey so it will start and it will rev up but it wont hold revs at idle?

Check your idle screw bolt thingi, make sure its not too low. Check your AFM. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT UNDO THE TWO SCREWS THAT HOLD ON THE PLUG! There is a butterfly clip that holds it on, thats all that needs to be undone there.

As to the airbox not bolting up to the AFM...

How did you get your engine? Did you get a GTX/GTR frontcut? Or did you just buy the engine? Did you get a loom? Did you get a AFM? What ECU are you running? The engine is not out of a TX3 Turbo is it? Im assuming not.

Not much is compatible from BP - BPT wiring wise, inc the AFM and airbox.

We need alot more info on your conversion.

Thanks
Ian

Ian
21-02-2006, 04:02 AM
Boost solinoid isent necessary, but id recomend pluging it in to start with.

Mad Mat
21-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Man how many BG BPT are there croping up?

Its an avalanche!!!!!!

hell yer it is good to se lots of the bpt's. that should meen that we will kick ass at the drags this weekend. ;)

M J
21-02-2006, 12:29 PM
sorry was just a quick post yesterday

alright then, engine is out of a tx3 and have changed all of the loom, AFM and ECU over from the same car, not using the original stuff. i didnt get a halfcut just the engine from another car which i'm kinda regretting, its amazing how many little things keep popping up that u need

[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1585/p10102352ot.th.jpg] (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10102352ot.jpg)

for the boost solenoid does that loop back on itself like in the photo?

will check what u said later on this evening when i'm home

thanks

Ian
21-02-2006, 02:47 PM
uve got a big gaping hole in ur intake system dude. Id say thats whats stoping it from holding revvs.

At least I think u do. Small res photos for the loose!

ROB-80E
21-02-2006, 09:30 PM
EXACTLY...why wasn't the first thing suggested as to why the car wont idle, CHECK FOR LEAKS. It's amazing how many little vac lines can be left off after an engine swap or conversion. Ian is right, you have a leak in the intake system after the AFM.

If the amount of air that is going into the engine is different to that being measured by the AFM, your car will stall. Idling basics 101. First thing I'd do is plum that hose your talking about in the pic, onto the little outlet on the pipe after the afm...bacially where it looks like it wants to go by the way the hose is holding shape and size. I can't quite make out...but it looks like it may be broken off. If so, block up the hole after the AFM and just leave that hose bleeding to air for the time being. Also, make sure that the hoses from the wastegate actuator goes to a T piece and then to the top of the solenoid in question. If you have a leak on the boost line, you'll be max boosting when you drive it. This = BAD. End result is you've just blown up your motor and wasted all your time and money.

As I said make sure all clamps are done up and all vac hoses are connected.

As for wiring the solenoid...there plug for it is on the same loom as the AFM plug.

Shaggy
22-02-2006, 02:53 AM
I gotta agree with Rob, when I did my conversion the BPT would run but not idle, I was missing the pipe from the AFM to the oil rocker cover causing the engine to run lean :S put it on and she has run fine :D

M J
22-02-2006, 08:59 PM
yup plugged that hole and it idled fine

now just gotta get that tpiece sorted then we'll be in business :D

once again thanks for the help