18-03-2006, 10:52 PM
16.243@83.67 ;)

bourbon
18-03-2006, 10:56 PM
nice work mate...stock ? or modded N/A?

LordWorm
18-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Motor is stock.

upped my launch RPM to 4000, which helped alot...my 60foot times were much better then the last time i went out...

Ian
18-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I wish I could of been there, but such is life. It would of meant giving up a $150 dollar shift.

SILVABULLIT
18-03-2006, 11:01 PM
How long's a piece of string?? :p

What do you class as stock??As driven off the showroom floor?

Everyone has a different opinion of what "stock" is....

LordWorm
18-03-2006, 11:02 PM
How long's a piece of string?? :p

What do you class as stock??As driven off the showroom floor?

Everyone has a different opinion of what "stock" is....
motor is stock
we'll leave it at that :) how bout not taking the wind out of my sails right away... my car....runs .4s faster then mazda say it should....i'm happy as a pig in poop :P

chicaboo
18-03-2006, 11:06 PM
You did really well Greg, that's a big wiggly time you got there, your car was obviously not built on a Friday like mine was... :(

Andy says weight reduction is a mod sucker! :p

bourbon
18-03-2006, 11:07 PM
pigs arnt happy in poop...they roll in mud...and they eat left overs :p haha...one day im gonna give a pig a proper cooked meal and see how much it loves it :D

ohhh and i also knocked .004 seconds off of my old PB :p hahahaha

maybe i should of ran with high octane fuel instead of ****ty 95...

LordWorm
18-03-2006, 11:09 PM
You did really well Greg, that's a big wiggly time you got there, your car was obviously not built on a Friday like mine was... :(

motors still stock :P

I'm really happy with the time... means the car is probably slightly better then it should be (machining tollerences, no 2 cars being the same and so forth...i've got a good'n i think..)....should be a good one to mod when i get around to it (read: when the bank balance allows me)

chicaboo
18-03-2006, 11:11 PM
I need to teach a trunk monkey to drag my car for me, as they don't weigh much, and it should make up for all the extra beef in the car.

LordWorm
18-03-2006, 11:15 PM
I need to teach a trunk monkey to drag my car for me, as they don't weigh much, and it should make up for all the extra beef in the car.
dude, you cant do that
and you cant lose weight

that'd be an "unfair weight reduction" :P

Ian
18-03-2006, 11:23 PM
your going to cook for a pig?

I barley even cook for myself, let alone a pig.

Just to be clear, are we talking about the bacon kind arent we?

Ahem

The kind that doesent get around in cars with bright colourful lights that is.

bourbon
18-03-2006, 11:30 PM
yes ian...and yes i will cook for one one day haha...cookin is good you should try it sometimes...cause it doesnt complain when i cook it....unlike anoying little brothers who cry when you try and cook them :p haha jokes i dont try and cook my bro... would be funny though...

ohhh and 2nd of all...you got a problem with cops? what have they done to make you not like them? is it the fact that they are doing there job to try and keep everyone safe?

and also i might be lookin at becoming a cop too hahahaha watch out ian!!! :p

chicaboo
18-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Stock 1.8 Astina - 1154kg
Stock SP20 Astina - 1201kg

Let's say mine weighs 1190kg because I have all the SP20 bodykit and foglights, add 25kg for towbar, another 10kg for alloys, take off 10kg for header, add 20kg for the exhaust. Add 10kg for misc other mods done to car. Therefore the SP18 weighs almost 1400kg with driver. It is not a light car. If I immaceate myself and become a stick, I still weigh 90kg due to my large frame, I still can't win, farkers...

LordWorm
18-03-2006, 11:40 PM
yes ian...and yes i will cook for one one day haha...cookin is good you should try it sometimes...cause it doesnt complain when i cook it....unlike anoying little brothers who cry when you try and cook them :p haha jokes i dont try and cook my bro... would be funny though...

ohhh and 2nd of all...you got a problem with cops? what have they done to make you not like them? is it the fact that they are doing there job to try and keep everyone safe?

and also i might be lookin at becoming a cop too hahahaha watch out ian!!! :p
just promise me you'll actually try and catch REAL crooks...not toe the gov line and go on a revenue raising spree..

i think most sports car owners are jack of cops targetting their cars for trivial crap thats often neither here nore there, because its a way to make a quick buck for the state gov coffers, when they should be out trying to stop the people who are really dangerous

Ian
18-03-2006, 11:58 PM
I completly aggree with lordworm.... I could not have put it better myself.

LordWorm
19-03-2006, 12:06 AM
this is a wonderous night...my PB is awesome, and ian agrees with me :)

boostedbatman
19-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Greg I also pat you on the back
Launching at 4000 is a feat in itself
Do you have 60' times?
Finally was that your best mph, for if its not you are able to go faster again (food for thought)
Well done

LordWorm
19-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Greg I also pat you on the back
Launching at 4000 is a feat in itself
Do you have 60' times?
Finally was that your best mph, for if its not you are able to go faster again (food for thought)
Well done
Thanks man

yeh the 4000rpm launch was pretty hair raising... axletramp like nothing else on my PB run out of first...she was rough as guts...if i can ride the clutch a little smoother i'll get the launch away a hell of a lot quicker i think. I also stuffed the change from second to third on that run, waited a little too late and just (ever so slightly) bounced it off the rev limiter...

60 foot on the PB was 2.275..which is my PB 60 foot.

MPH on the PB run was 83.67...i have had it as quick as 85.03...so yes room for improvement indeed :)

My RTs were pretty much consistant all night... high 0.5's to low 0.6's... didnt do my best RT ever last night...but i'm happy that i was consistantly getting the car away.... think i blew just about everyone i raced off the line, except Andy.

Next stop: getting the car quick enough to enter the jamboree next year ;)

SILVABULLIT
19-03-2006, 09:21 PM

Ahh Lord wormie I'd say chicaboo has you on a check mate lol.

Anyway congrats on getting a lil quicker. :)

LordWorm
19-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Ahh Lord wormie I'd say chicaboo has you on a check mate lol.

Anyway congrats on getting a lil quicker. :)
i did stipulate the motor was stock :P

i stand by motor being unmodded :)

its more then a "little" quicker i think :P

low 16s is pretty damned alright i reckon :P

project.r.racing
20-03-2006, 08:32 AM
i did stipulate the motor was stock :P

i stand by motor being unmodded :)

so its the fastest stock motor in a sp20, not the fastest sp20 then huh?
weight reduction is a mod, hence not stock

twilightprotege
20-03-2006, 12:33 PM
good 60 ft times too! with original delivered tyres

LordWorm
20-03-2006, 05:04 PM
good 60 ft times too! with original delivered tyres
on reflection, thats what i'm most happy about..followed by the consistant reaction times throughout the night

twilightprotege
20-03-2006, 09:10 PM
just wait till you can get 6 out of 7 runs with an RT between 0.421 and 0.487 ;) , and not forgetting the 1 out of 7 was only 0.572 and it was on my first run of the night ;)

LordWorm
20-03-2006, 09:13 PM
just wait till you can get 6 out of 7 runs with an RT between 0.421 and 0.487 ;) , and not forgetting the 1 out of 7 was only 0.572 and it was on my first run of the night ;)
yeh

well sat night wasnt my BEST night for reactions..but they were consistant..which is better then the odd 0.4 mixed up with 1.1s and .7s...

clutch was giving me the poops and i was packing death over my 4k rpm launches...so i think i did oright :)

twilightprotege
20-03-2006, 09:16 PM
side note - i wrote that to psych out ryan and ross ;) hehe

boostedbatman
21-03-2006, 03:53 AM
I just cant believe you ran a RT of high .5s even for your first
Tsk Tsk mr twig
Better get back on the bandwagon
Anything other than a .4 is just NOT good enough
*Armchair driving at its best*