PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CD Stacker/Changer in front door pocket

Batmobile
08-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Guys,

I wanted to add a Pioneer CD Stacker to my audio system - a 6 disc one model No. CDX-p670 and was wondering if I could fit it into the front door pockets of my '96 Astina Hardtop.... its the pocket with the flip top lid that doubles as an armrest on each front door.

Has anybody tried to do something similar? Will it fit? Any issues re vibration and skipping given that its going to be next to the mid for my front splits (mounted in factory location) which do make quite a pounding (if I do say so myself!)? I have some sound deadener in the front door already but may have to beef that up. What about wiring the thing?

Anything you guys could add could be useful.

Cheers fellas. :)

ABC
08-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Never occured to me to put it there but that's an awesome idea :)

Try putting a portable CD player in the door pocket and drive around with your passenger listening to it or something like that.

Would probably be an absolute bitch to mount. Also, make sure that you check the clearance for the CD caddy to get out - the lids don't flip up to full vertical. :D

Pictures Pictures Pictures when you do it! :D :D :shock:

Rupewrecht
08-05-2003, 04:11 PM
It''s been discussed, but no-ones ever done at as slamming of door isn't very good for cd lasers :?

but apart from that, there's only the issue of running the wire from the Hu to stacker

Trav
08-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Slamming doos - not good.

Wiring - more dificult - it will be difficult to get the wiring through, as there is not much room left in the wiring housing once you fil it with mirrors, locking, windows, speakers and door light...

Batmobile
08-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Well, I think the general consensus is that its all too hard... doh! :roll: Oh well, I thought it was a good place to put it, as I really didn't want to mount the stacker in the boot. Maybe under the passenger seat or something perhaps.

I'll have a chat to my local installer to get his views but thanks guys for your contributions. As usual AstinaGT is a font of useful and relevant (well mostly relevant!) information!!

Trav
08-05-2003, 05:28 PM
6 stacker won't fit under seat - already tried. Anyway, that's where the floor vents are for the rear seats....bummer huh?!?!

Rupewrecht
08-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Do you have an airbag in the top of the passenger side dash? as it could go in that space if you have one with the glovebox up there...

Trav
08-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Dan- you silly billy... if it don't fit under seat, hows it gonna fit in the upeer glove box???(yes I tried that too...)

Batmobile
08-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Do you have an airbag in the top of the passenger side dash? as it could go in that space if you have one with the glovebox up there...

No I don't have the airbag.... but there's even less room in that secondary glovebox than in the door pocket!

But thanks anyway for the suggestion... may get my installer to play around with that one.

Rupewrecht
08-05-2003, 05:36 PM
remove the glovebox :P

it can be done, it's just a pain in the ass.

and pioneer stackers must be huge, because my JVC one (10 disc, mind you) would fit in there if i could be bothered removing the glovebox liner...

Trav
08-05-2003, 05:38 PM
okay, give you that - it would fit if you emoved the liner, but that is a lot of stufing around...

JVC Stackers are tiny, so you would have less of a problem...

Rupewrecht
08-05-2003, 05:40 PM
ahh, fair enough then. glad i've got one :wink:

yeah, you basically have to remove the whole dash, as the screws to remove the liner are jammed up against the tubular steel structural brace that runs across behind the dash...

or you could just cut it :wink:

Trav
08-05-2003, 05:54 PM
or you could just cut it :wink:

hmmmm - I can now laugh at this one...

Yes that top box is a real cow to get at...

Dan...Stop posting back to me...how am I ever gona catch up... :wink: :P

Batmobile
08-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Gasp! Cut my baby :o

Well its an option I suppose...

Mebee should have gone with JVC instead!!! Having said that, I'm very pleased with my Pioneer Deck, hasn't given me a lick of trouble and the animated screen is a killer for Ohhh and Ahhh factor.

Dogo
08-05-2003, 10:42 PM
my stacker fits quite happily under the seat. even with the seat all the way down. the front of the stacker is at the front of the seat, resting on the bump that goes along the front of the seat. so i can easily access it while driving.

thats a clarion 6 disc. possibly the same model as the one that guy is selling on this forum.

i think putting a stacker is easiy enuf. i contemplated it for a long time. nothing too hard there as long as u can get the plug thru the door wire harness as well as the wire ;)

but the stacker would be damaged very very soon.

MrShadow
09-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Kenwood 6 stack CD players fit nicely under the front passenger seat. There's even enough room to fit your arm between the stacker and the seat!

sik astina
09-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Kenwood 6 stack CD players fit nicely under the front passenger seat. There's even enough room to fit your arm between the stacker and the seat!

Yep they sure do. i put my 6 stacker in Leannes astina the other day :D

-Mick