PDA

View Full Version : eoi : final showdown - 323 v corolla drag warz

Pages : [1] 2

twilightprotege
20-04-2006, 09:28 AM
ok kiddies, here's the go. this is the final put up or shut up day.

rules are simple and there will be 2 categories.

FI vs FI

NA vs NA

and the rules are there is no rules. anything is allowed, and i mean anything. slicks, unlimited weight reduction, fluffy dice and even type-r stickers. this is a PURE RACE event. there are no prizes for doing a quick time in street trim.

we've got plenty of time to get prepared. 3 june looks like the go. the next saturday tnt after that isnt until 15 july! the next tnt on a saturday is 6 may (too soon) and then 27 may (weekend after compak attak - i'd get killed by wifey for doing 2 events in a row like that, even more so killed becuase her burpday is 3 days after that)

so who's in?

boostedbatman
20-04-2006, 09:47 AM
I will pop down and if I find a chassis soon enough I will roll with the G-Spec auto boys hehehe
I am looking

SedanBG
20-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Sounds interesting.. I may be up for it. but how many FI corolla's are there?

boostedbatman
20-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey Stilton
You post 19mins after the initial conceptual idea is dreamt up
And you want a count
Count this, I know you will like it....
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/objectiveperformance/batman.gif

twilightprotege
20-04-2006, 10:07 AM
i know of 1 around.

chicaboo
20-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Hey Stilton
You post 19mins after the initial conceptual idea is dreamt up
And you want a count
Count this, I know you will like it....
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/objectiveperformance/batman.gifAre you suggesting he's a batty boy? :p

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 10:26 AM
On topic guys

Naturally, i'll be there, baring total engine failure in the interum.

CHiMPY
20-04-2006, 11:22 AM
My mate has a turbo 'rolla. Shame you lot are dirty queenslanders :p

Ian
20-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Im in the same boat as adam.

DeZZar
20-04-2006, 03:44 PM
DAMMIT!!

I'll be in the United States - 28th May to 18th June!......I miss another event! AGAIN! :mad:

Ian
20-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but isent that your first post on the forums, therefore making this the first event you missed?

unless your a toyota driver?

DeZZar
20-04-2006, 04:01 PM
....yeah I guess it is the first post here. regular on OMC forums - friend of Kurts....black sp23 driver....

Northy
20-04-2006, 04:58 PM
ok kiddies, here's the go. this is the final put up or shut up day.

rules are simple and there will be 2 categories.

FI vs FI

NA vs NA

and the rules are there is no rules. anything is allowed, and i mean anything. slicks, unlimited weight reduction, fluffy dice and even type-r stickers. this is a PURE RACE event. there are no prizes for doing a quick time in street trim.

we've got plenty of time to get prepared. 3 june looks like the go. the next saturday tnt after that isnt until 15 july! the next tnt on a saturday is 6 may (too soon) and then 27 may (weekend after compak attak - i'd get killed by wifey for doing 2 events in a row like that, even more so killed becuase her burpday is 3 days after that)

so who's in?

be carefull what you wish for.....

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Here we go again =)

Northy, I trust you can arrange things on the TOCA side of things?

Make sure everyone is aware of the rematch rules...

bourbon
20-04-2006, 05:03 PM
YAY! here we go again...all this **** over again...i just hope NO ONE..NOT 1 PERSON comes in here and bitchs about another persons set up... if you talk it up and lose dont cry...get over it...

ill be out there that night probs...might be havin my own race against LYNX :p haha...go the G-Specs

Northy
20-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Here we go again =)

Northy, I trust you can arrange things on the TOCA side of things?

Make sure everyone is aware of the rematch rules...

now that my car has new engine and gearbox might be time for some educating to be done hehehe...

SILVABULLIT
20-04-2006, 05:08 PM
now that my car has new engine and gearbox might be time for some educating to be done hehehe...

Now now take it easy tiger and harness the energy and embrace the morning sun ready to go out and buy your new drag radials :p :p :p

For all you sooks out there it is a joke so don't bloody whinge.(as have the last couple of times I've mentioned this it is a JOKE)

Gav after you read this go to the fridge and have a nice big calming drink to relax a lil ;)

bourbon
20-04-2006, 05:08 PM

and what happens when we educate you not to TALK IT UP BIG...you do realise when you talk big you have massive shoes to fit...thats why you lay low...and over fill your shoes on the night :p

bourbon
20-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Gav after you read this go to the fridge and have a nice big calming drink to relax a lil ;)

i got some milanta to go with my granny spec...you want some???

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 05:17 PM
New gearbox? any particular reason why? aftermarket/custom ratios? or another stocko toyota box?

There will be a couple of BIG surprises from the mazda side that i know of at least.

Get some of your old school nasty turbo rolla friends to turn up, i'm sure our boosted 323 cousins are annoyed that they'll have no competition on the night.

SILVABULLIT
20-04-2006, 05:23 PM
New gearbox? any particular reason why? aftermarket/custom ratios? or another stocko toyota box?

There will be a couple of BIG surprises from the mazda side that i know of at least.

Get some of your old school nasty turbo rolla friends to turn up, i'm sure our boosted 323 cousins are annoyed that they'll have no competition on the night.

New gearbox due to a test drive by a Toyota mechanic not being able to change gears and destroy 3rd gear synchro,3rd gear and selectors all in one go.Not to mention tried to deny it happened but northy's RSM(which had been reset) had 9200rpm on it at 177km'hr. MMM..... must have been a quick test drive for the clutch adjustment which was why it was in there in the first place.

chicaboo
20-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Gav is on the relaxalil, I think recently I have been getting it confused with the laxalot!

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 05:29 PM
New gearbox due to a test drive by a Toyota mechanic not being able to change gears and destroy 3rd gear synchro,3rd gear and selectors all in one go.Not to mention tried to deny it happened but northy's RSM(which had been reset) had 9200rpm on it at 177km'hr. MMM..... must have been a quick test drive for the clutch adjustment which was why it was in there in the first place.
hahaha....yeh...one thing i've always wondered...what do mechanics get upto when they get the keys to sports cars =) .... 9200rpm? thats overspec again is it not?

chicaboo
20-04-2006, 05:30 PM
New gearbox due to a test drive by a Toyota mechanic not being able to change gears and destroy 3rd gear synchro,3rd gear and selectors all in one go.Not to mention tried to deny it happened but northy's RSM(which had been reset) had 9200rpm on it at 177km'hr. MMM..... must have been a quick test drive for the clutch adjustment which was why it was in there in the first place.WTF do they test his clutch? QR??? Lucky I got a slow car that don't go that hard... :p

SILVABULLIT
20-04-2006, 07:50 PM
WTF do they test his clutch? QR??? Lucky I got a slow car that don't go that hard... :p

The exact same question Northy asked when he switched the car on. Why the need for that revs and speed to see if the clutch is adjusted properly.

Lordworm... Powerfc bump up the limiter. Our guess was the 9200 was on a down shift as limiter is set at 8700rpm. And a bad down shift into third at that :mad:

twilightprotege
20-04-2006, 07:56 PM
if i get beaten, i get beaten. i dont care. i just want it to be a no rules appart from NA vs NA and FI vs FI event. settle the "issues" once and for all.

for the record. my car will be in EXACTLY the same trim as the previous drag night. nothing more taken out, and only the centre console and glove box back in (as they are now back in the car after a long holiday)

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 08:06 PM
The exact same question Northy asked when he switched the car on. Why the need for that revs and speed to see if the clutch is adjusted properly.

Lordworm... Powerfc bump up the limiter. Our guess was the 9200 was on a down shift as limiter is set at 8700rpm. And a bad down shift into third at that :mad:
what so the MORON just changes down to 3rd and dumps the clutch, at high RPM and minces the gearbox, then tries to blame Northy for moving the revs around?
Surely a mechanic should know better etc.

Yeh i know the powerfx can move the limiter around....i just thought after previous trips to 9k, it was being left alone....given the, erm, explosive repurcussions last time.

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 08:07 PM
if i get beaten, i get beaten. i dont care. i just want it to be a no rules appart from NA vs NA and FI vs FI event. settle the "issues" once and for all.

for the record. my car will be in EXACTLY the same trim as the previous drag night. nothing more taken out, and only the centre console and glove box back in (as they are now back in the car after a long holiday)
I'll be in simillar trim..only I cant afford my mickey thompson drag radials :P so stocko tyres it is.

Car should be good for 16.2s again if nothing more happens to the car between now and then.

bourbon
20-04-2006, 08:13 PM
and ill be running grandmas warp speeds of 18seconds :p haha! GO ME! just wait how many weeks away is this? i might be runnin 17s

marcs_sp20
20-04-2006, 08:20 PM
IM THERE!! I wanna lower my times considerably and i wouldnt mind running up against the rolla boys. I may have a mate that owns a rolla that may be some competition for ya bourbs :p

bourbon
20-04-2006, 08:23 PM
ill be versing lynx if he comes out...hopefully my service has happened before then...and whats ya mate got??? even if its a jet car ill take him on!

twilightprotege
20-04-2006, 08:29 PM
yeah bourbs gotta get into the 17's. is your car going on a diet???

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I gotta get into the 15s :P

doubtful that'll happen in time though :\

marcs_sp20
20-04-2006, 08:32 PM
He's got a 99 corrolla conquest, its got a pretty heavy stereo system in it at the moment, and he prolly wont take it out for racing. There's ure advantage :p

bourbon
20-04-2006, 08:34 PM
umm nah a good service...havnt had one for about 20,000km...you no the first night we went out...well the last time my car was serviced was before then. :o im sorry boys havnt had money to service it... and with iridium spark plugs + new leads + oil and filter change should see me sheding some time off...my next mod will prob be the extractors..but ill wait for you to finish yours then we will talk :D

marcs_sp20
20-04-2006, 08:34 PM
hey lordworm what mods are u running under ure SP20 ( i Presume) ??? I saw that u have a pb of 16.2 if im not mistaken and I havea SP20 aswell.

Marc

bourbon
20-04-2006, 08:41 PM
ohhhand also if the miss's has her licence by then shell prob drive her commy out there and i might take it down the strip too, just to see how it goes...its a VN V6 :p haha!

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 08:46 PM
hey lordworm what mods are u running under ure SP20 ( i Presume) ??? I saw that u have a pb of 16.2 if im not mistaken and I havea SP20 aswell.

Marc
Bolt stock motor.
a few minor "tweaks" that could hardly be considered mods... it has the throttlebody coolant bypass done (which keeps the throttlebody slightly cooler meaning more dense air gets into the motor), and a slightly freed up air intake (removed one of the resonators, and hammered out the front grill where the air intake is...makes it quite a bit louder, but nowhere near as awesome sounding as a real cold air intake.....be very careful hammering out the grill if you do it too... you need to make undercuts with a dremel otherwise you'll likely shatter the whole thing..and dont drop it right before you go to reinstall it, otherwise you'll need to get out the superglue like i did....).. not much improvement... less than 5kW on the bum dyno i reckon.

Running that setup, in full street trim, I managed 16.7s with 3000rpm launches.

to get it down to 16.2s, the rear seats were removed, rear parcel shelf cover (cant pull the whole parcel shelf out because in the sedan its structual...), rear speakers, removed the rear spoiler, took out the back seatbelts, then at the track removed the spare and the jack. The noise dampening stuff was also removed from under the bonnet, and destroyed in the process (wasn't that fun twiggy???)

The biggest improvement for me, I reckon, came from removing hte rear spoiler.... its little more then window dressing on the sedan at least...and creates huge amounts of drag. Second biggest improvement came from launching at 4000rpm, and keeping control of it on such a high launch (insane, given i have no traction improving mods on the car at all....and I'm running factory delivered rubber).

At this drag day, I'll hopefully have hte sports exhaust done, a real cold air intake, and a surprise or two...depending on finances and time constraints...

edit: oh yes, its an SP20 :)
edit 2: i'm pretty surprised at what my car is capable of given the minor tweaks that have been done. Its running a good 5 tenths quicker then the specs say it should...

bourbon
20-04-2006, 08:50 PM
it has the throttlebody coolant bypass done (which keeps the throttlebody slightly cooler meaning more dense air gets into the motor),

how do you do that one??? is it simple and cheap? even if not ill do it with the twin throttles..

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 08:58 PM
how do you do that one??? is it simple and cheap? even if not ill do it with the twin throttles..
firstly i wouldnt waste your time on twin throttles mate...if ur going down that road, go quads and be done with it...

secondly... its FREE!

on the SP20...Twilight did it for me like 2wks after i bought the car...basically remove this middle hose thingy, and you're done (bit more too it but its tricky to explain)...basically in its normal format, warm coolant flows to the throttlebody to warm it up to stop it from sticking in the cold.....last time i checked it doesnt snow hear..so its pointless, best to remove it :)

bourbon
20-04-2006, 09:02 PM
firstly i wouldnt waste your time on twin throttles mate...if ur going down that road, go quads and be done with it...

secondly... its FREE!

on the SP20...Twilight did it for me like 2wks after i bought the car...basically remove this middle hose thingy, and you're done (bit more too it but its tricky to explain).

remember i like my car to be differnet...i dont want the same setup as joe blogs down the street...how many astinas you see goin round with twin throttle??

and twiggy you reckon you could look at that for my car too :p haha!

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 09:04 PM
remember i like my car to be differnet...i dont want the same setup as joe blogs down the street...how many astinas you see goin round with twin throttle??

and twiggy you reckon you could look at that for my car too :p haha!
edited my post a bit to explain what its doing a bit better...go back and have a looksee.

and, i dont know of many astinas goin around with quad throttles either :)

bourbon
20-04-2006, 09:07 PM
i no 1 that will be...

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I wont be the only guy running around with quads on my SP20.... but it'll be plenty unique... its the most hardcore intake setup you can have before going FI... not many go for it...

*shrug*... i just have the attitude, why go 2 when you can go 4 :)

but whatever tickles your mum mate :)

bourbon
20-04-2006, 09:16 PM
you can tickle my mum if you want..but its your loss haha :p

im all bout unique too...quads might be in the picture later on...but ill see how twin goes first...then if im lookin for more ill result in quads...

twilightprotege
20-04-2006, 09:38 PM
quads will be far easier. coolant bypass - i did it on pete's amanda's car, but i think it was a little harder than the sp20. cant really remember now, but i'm sure it was only accessability problems. will certainly have a looksie for you

LordWorm
20-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Big Gav: you racing this time? if not, wanna loan a mate your track tyres? :)

chicaboo
20-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Big Gav: you racing this time? if not, wanna loan a mate your track tyres? :)if i get time 2 prepare my car i will, i would like 2 fit the old axle-back, udp, ex/cam n weight reduction b4 running tho... i hav 4stud wheels, n it's arkward splitting the tyres 4 1 event...

gav on pda

SedanBG
20-04-2006, 10:37 PM
OMG... u smegheads post so dam much.. and such big posts..

Anyways.. can we get some sorta list happening? like the Forced guys and the N/a guys and we should list there names and there cars and there aspiration?

just food for though.. of food for thre bum-hungry sluts like me.. dam me anus is ready for a milking .. any takers?

Nate
20-04-2006, 10:38 PM
You Need Help!

xoom
20-04-2006, 10:57 PM
hmmmm 3rd of June .... gonna have 2 try n sort something out @ work 2 try & get up there for this one .... worst case if i can only make it over the weekend i'll just fly up 2 spectate .....

SedanBG love the signature ... LOL ....

Ian
20-04-2006, 11:17 PM
dude... Your sick. I aggree with nate on this one, you need profesional help.

LordWorm
21-04-2006, 05:39 AM
OMG... u smegheads post so dam much.. and such big posts..

Anyways.. can we get some sorta list happening? like the Forced guys and the N/a guys and we should list there names and there cars and there aspiration?

just food for though.. of food for thre bum-hungry sluts like me.. dam me anus is ready for a milking .. any takers?
yes, a list would be good...

1. LordWorm - NA SP20 Protege

chicaboo
21-04-2006, 06:31 AM
Wasn't there a list last time, and then a whole bunch of people didn't turn up? List schmist...

Personally I'd like to see more stivos get into the 14s, and more stinas get into the 15s (like me). After all is said and done, noone cares what car you got, if the time is impressive, and people are having a good time, everyone is happy...

Gav on PC.

LordWorm
21-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Twiggy, just noticed...your rules dont prevent rotories from entering ;)

Any of our RX7 cousins care to join the whooping? *stirs the pot* :)

GTXWGN
21-04-2006, 12:45 PM
would love to come but my motor is completely stripped getting some of the suzuki swift killing treatment

twilightprotege
21-04-2006, 12:58 PM
^ top stuff ross! get that sport fwd record!!!!!

SILVABULLIT
21-04-2006, 09:12 PM
what so the MORON just changes down to 3rd and dumps the clutch, at high RPM and minces the gearbox, then tries to blame Northy for moving the revs around?
Surely a mechanic should know better etc.

Yeh i know the powerfx can move the limiter around....i just thought after previous trips to 9k, it was being left alone....given the, erm, explosive repurcussions last time.

This was all before the Northy mobile threw a leg out of bed :p

LordWorm
22-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Just had a brief look at the TOCA forum... no EOI thread on there yet??? whats the go Northy/SB/Xoom?

QuicKSilveR
26-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm keen as depending on if my motor is in or not. Finally got an LSD diff in the Gearbox so no more busted box. Might be off the road for Forgies though. New turbo setup is almost done

2brag
27-04-2006, 02:58 PM
yay so my mate can bring his boosted bj1.8

i should be there, and might be lacking interior due to retrim haha

Ian
27-04-2006, 03:13 PM
are there going to be any boosted rollas there?

LordWorm
27-04-2006, 04:02 PM
are there going to be any boosted rollas there?
doubtful.. TOCA doesnt seem to have any old school dirty grubby corolla boost mobiles :(

2brag: you dont need an interior for drags ;) you got sports exhaust yet? if not, i think you and I need to have a little chat ;)

project.r.racing
27-04-2006, 04:11 PM
are there going to be any boosted rollas there? will any rollas be coming at all??? is the real question!!!

twilightprotege
27-04-2006, 08:53 PM
dont worry, plenty will say they'll come, then 4 will race

project.r.racing
28-04-2006, 04:56 PM
dont worry, plenty will say they'll come, then 4 will race pure gold andy ha ha

SILVABULLIT
28-04-2006, 08:19 PM
dont worry, plenty will say they'll come, then 4 will race

Sounds like the same amount of Astina's that ran last time too :p :p :p

But were all of them racing or just "cruising" :p :p :p Sure I heard Barry Manilow blarring out of one of them on the line.... (Wasn't it you Ian???) :D

LordWorm
28-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Sounds like the same amount of Astina's that ran last time too :p :p :p

But were all of them racing or just "cruising" :p :p :p Sure I heard Barry Manilow blarring out of one of them on the line.... (Wasn't it you Ian???) :D
Hahahah... Barry Manilow...

hehe

I think we had a few more cars on the day racing then you guys...but either way... lets try and make it HUGE this time... noone wants to watch the same cars over and over and over and over again....

Tell those that whimped out last time that theres nothing to it...

project.r.racing
28-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Sure I heard Barry Manilow blarring out of one of them on the line.... (Wasn't it you Ian???) :D ha ha gold also, everyone's on fire! Stick that one up ya pipe and smoke it Ian.

marcs_sp20
28-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Tell those that whimped out last time that theres nothing to it...

Thats was my first thinkin... i thought it was going to be hard, but its piss easy!!! Im going out for sure, i wanna run at least a 16.5 in street trim, even if i need some assistance ( Can u drive mine please Twiggy :p)

project.r.racing
28-04-2006, 10:25 PM
race it yourself buster, it's your car, can't claim any times andy runs in it!!!
go out a blast it away in ya own car, enjoy them moment and the learning experience of it all... you can't do that sitting and watching it while someone else trashes ya car!

ryan

marcs_sp20
28-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I have doing it on my own, i just wanna see what its capable of, seeing i've only been to the track once in the sp. Its going be fun anyways :)

project.r.racing
28-04-2006, 11:00 PM
argh but what are you capable of? dig it in yourself and run a PB!!! :):):) i get all excited watching peps go hardore and challenging themselves to new limits!!!

p.s. do you like my new SP20 cartoon avitar?

ryan

Ian
29-04-2006, 12:00 AM
its hard to blare your music out when you have striped the vast majority of your soundsystem out of the car.....

ps...

Assuming im not at work I should be there. Im chasing a 14.5.

chicaboo
29-04-2006, 08:25 AM
p.s. do you like my new SP20 cartoon avitar?Yeah cuz, looks more like an SE20 or a Mazdaspeed Protegé tho.

Run your own car Marc, I handed mine over to Andy for 3 runs, and he only beet my PB by 0.1s, even though it had 40kg less weight and 9kW more at the wheels since my last run...

When I did my 16.6, I felt like I could pull a 16.3 out of my hat that day with a good launch, but when I got that elusive good launch I was so excited I bounced 1st... So, now I'd be looking for a 16.1 with current mods at best. But with my exhaust cam and UDP, maybe a 15.9 possibley.

LordWorm
29-04-2006, 12:14 PM
If the new header and exhaust is designed, i'll be hunting mid to low 15s...

bourbon
29-04-2006, 12:25 PM
ohhhh so just having the desing gets ya mid to low 15s :p hhaha maybe i should look at gettin a desinge...hahahaha :D just stiring ya...

LordWorm
29-04-2006, 12:36 PM
ohhhh so just having the desing gets ya mid to low 15s :p hhaha maybe i should look at gettin a desinge...hahahaha :D just stiring ya...
ok designed and built... hahah

sorry

tired
sick
not with it.

bourbon
29-04-2006, 12:45 PM
dont worry just messin with ya...im tired as...only 2 hrs sleep lastnight and woke up at 5am...tryin to sort of sleep now but its too hot :(...when do youse reckon you can look at headers formine???no hurry either...

twilightprotege
02-05-2006, 09:16 AM
*NEWS FLASH***NEWS FLASH*

i have decided (because i can) that the times for the night will be determined by adding together the reaction time and the elapsed time. (RT + ET). reaction time must be greater than or equal to 0.400 to qualify (ie before that is a foul).

so for example, a 0.800 reaction time and a 15.200 pass will result in a net time of 16.000. the 16.000 will be used to determine the fastest driver/car on the day

LordWorm
02-05-2006, 10:28 AM
*NEWS FLASH***NEWS FLASH*

i have decided (because i can) that the times for the night will be determined by adding together the reaction time and the elapsed time. (RT + ET). reaction time must be greater than or equal to 0.400 to qualify (ie before that is a foul).

so for example, a 0.800 reaction time and a 15.200 pass will result in a net time of 16.000. the 16.000 will be used to determine the fastest driver/car on the day
Be realistic
if a TOYOTA does a 15.2 second pass... we add its reaction time of 3.000s to get a net time of 18.2 seconds... *sniggers*
There you go Bourbs, You're in with a shot now :)

chicaboo
02-05-2006, 11:29 AM
You guys sitting around brainstorming again? :p

Ian
02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
*sniggers*
There you go Bourbs, You're in with a shot now :)
I dont care if burbs car only runs a 18 second pass, its still way funkier then any rolla.

Mad Mat
02-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I dont care if burbs car only runs a 18 second pass, its still way funkier then any rolla.

very tru ian.

hey if bourbs can run i can to. hhhhhhmmmmmm. :rolleyes: :p :D

CHiMPY
02-05-2006, 12:57 PM
My mate has a turbo 'rolla. Shame you lot are dirty queenslanders :p

Hate quoting myself.
But above mate went to WSID recently.

Ran 14.1 in street trim.

Video here (http://mcmonkey.net/tmp/DiZvsFPV.avi)

SILVABULLIT
02-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey all

I'm getting a lot of interest from some of the interstate membersof TOCAU if we have the drag day in July. I've checked the dates and I'd say the 15th July is when there is a TNT. If all are in agreeance then lets set the date and go about getting everyone there.Any problems let me know.

Cheers SB :)

chicaboo
02-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Can do both, peeps on each side of the fence can work on their setup prior to 1st and 2nd rounds. So hopefully I can say I'm 0.5s slower than a hot stivo instead of 1.0s... :p

twilightprotege
02-05-2006, 02:22 PM
15 july sounds good to me at this stage

LordWorm
02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
More time to prep my car.... suites me perfectly

Ian
02-05-2006, 02:49 PM
is there gona be any compitition on the FI side of things?

LordWorm
02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
is there gona be any compitition on the FI side of things?
Only from other mazdas by the looks of it

QuicKSilveR
03-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Hate quoting myself.
But above mate went to WSID recently.

Ran 14.1 in street trim.

Video here (http://mcmonkey.net/tmp/DiZvsFPV.avi)

Sweet a Turbo Rolla to race the Turbo Mazdas.

I'll race with Full Street Trim and some bricks in the back.

CHiMPY
03-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Sweet a Turbo Rolla to race the Turbo Mazdas.

I'll race with Full Street Trim and some bricks in the back.

Like I said though, we are in Sydney. Not dirty QLD :p

GTXWGN
05-05-2006, 11:28 PM
then that makes your mate very lucky

SILVABULLIT
06-05-2006, 06:38 PM

AS he prolly would be going home with a large Mazda "kill list" on his door ;)

LordWorm
06-05-2006, 08:44 PM
AS he prolly would be going home with a large Mazda "kill list" on his door ;)
Not likely, when our boost guys run 12s :P

Nate
06-05-2006, 09:59 PM
i love internet racers ... ill save mine for the track thanks :)

CHiMPY
06-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Sydney is a great place to live ;)

edit:

for the record the car was setup as a track car rather than a dyno queen/drag car.
Just an added bonus that it can go quick in a straight line too..

LordWorm
06-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Sydney is a great place to live ;)

edit:

for the record the car was setup as a track car rather than a dyno queen/drag car.
Just an added bonus that it can go quick in a straight line too..
hope your not throwing drag racers in the same basket as dyno queens... they are 2 different beasts...a dyno queen will go after power at any cost...including traction.
cars setup for drag have to maintain the delicate balance between traction and power....and huge power doesnt always mean super fast times...

boostedbatman
07-05-2006, 06:15 AM
And then there is the driver
A bad driver cant make a quick car fast but a good driver can make a slow car fast
Lets see the 60' times then hey??

LordWorm
07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
And then there is the driver
A bad driver cant make a quick car fast but a good driver can make a slow car fast
Lets see the 60' times then hey??
Oh yeh, forgot about that...

one of my first ever races was against a worked torana i think...looked like an 11 sec car....but the guy got it sideways almost all the way up the track, and ran a 25sec pass.....

CHiMPY
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
hope your not throwing drag racers in the same basket as dyno queens... they are 2 different beasts...a dyno queen will go after power at any cost...including traction.
cars setup for drag have to maintain the delicate balance between traction and power....and huge power doesnt always mean super fast times...
No no.. Just saying that the car was not designed to be chasing big power figures OR to be used as a drag car.

LordWorm
08-05-2006, 07:43 AM
The boys over at TOCAU are really getting motivated and bringing their sydney friends along for the ride! looks like its gunna be an awesome event...

Just read their forums and seems like a Turbo Hilux will be out to have a crack at our best boosted astinas.

Maybe we should try and do something simillar, and get some of our interstate friends to cruise up (perhaps hookup with the sydney TOCAU guys and go up in one massive convoy....)

Billetting has been touted about on the TOCAU cruise thread for the sydney siders, so in the spirit of good healthy competition (and so you can sabotage the toyotas while they sit in your driveway the night before! ;)) Maybe we should offer some hospitality if we can?

edit: would be awesome if we could just take up one entire staging lane with mazdas and toyotas! would certainly make for some good photos! :)

Also are we going to be bbqing again? or what? did we want to bbq again? I don't mind arranging it, but I don't particuarlly wanna be stuck behind the grill this time... so if someone else wants to step up give us a hoi.

chicaboo
08-05-2006, 08:49 AM
TOCAU vs TOCKO? Sounds interesting. :p

Nate
08-05-2006, 10:21 AM
if you really want to do this lets book out willowbank and have a toyota vs mazda night ...

bringing the hilux defeats the purpose of the whole event ... i make as well ring up all my rotorary mates and get them to come along :p

LordWorm
08-05-2006, 10:31 AM
if you really want to do this lets book out willowbank and have a toyota vs mazda night ...

bringing the hilux defeats the purpose of the whole event ... i make as well ring up all my rotorary mates and get them to come along :p
Willowbank would cost MILES too much... mind you, i wouldnt mind paying $100 to have free run of the track for the night...get like 30 runs in or something :P

The hilux is coming because its a free and open night...we cant stop it.. .plus the toyota guys aint bringing any turbos, so our boosted astinas have noone to play with... at least they'll be able to have a chop at something now.

By all means ring the rotaries... everyone likes to see (and hear) them go =)

I mean obviously they wont be in the same class as the other ppl...and obviously the TOCAU guys know that if the hilux beats the boosted astinas, the result wont stand because the hilux has 6cyls and prob butt loads more power.....just like we're not going to have an RX-7 pound the crap out of some stivo and chalk it up as a well deserved win for team mazda....but it doesnt mean that they cant come out and play.

Ian
08-05-2006, 10:47 AM
I dont like hearing rotaries go... The sound annoys the fu*k out of me personally. But they go hard, so whos to care?

we should investigate the cost of hiring the track out for a night. If its like 1k and we have 20 - 30 people, its doable.

Theres me, nate, GTXWGN, Fanta, possibly gav, andy, yourself, burbon (go hard son!), possibly others like lynx, 89SP etc from mazda, equal numbers from toyota if not more, I reckon we could manage to raise enough cash to have a dig at it.

Nate
08-05-2006, 11:01 AM
i can say it will be more than 1K ... you will have at least 10 staff on ...

LordWorm
08-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeh you'd be looking at prob $250 per staff they have on so theres $2500, plus the $1000 or more to hire the venue....

and then what night? they aint gunna do it on a TNT where they get poop loads of cars and make a killing!!!!!

absolutely tops idea...but a bit pricey

Best we could MAYBE hope for is to con them into letting us use the DYO ET setup for our races like the harleys did one time (though the harleys were having an actual event, screaming eagles round i think it was)

If we got the mitsubishi and suzuki forums onboard as well maybe we could get the numbers to have a full on event...maybe... maybe next time we'll look into it :)

boostedbatman
08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I mean obviously they wont be in the same class as the other ppl...and obviously the TOCAU guys know that if the hilux beats the boosted astinas, the result wont stand because the hilux has 6cyls and prob butt loads more power.....just like we're not going to have an RX-7 pound the crap out of some stivo and chalk it up as a well deserved win for team mazda....but it doesnt mean that they cant come out and play.
Dont let the number of cylinders hinder the event I mean if my car was finished would that not count as an astina??
Bring it on Hilux or not
As for bringing all other makes and models I dont think its the best idea, not for fear of loss or win but rather it will make too many different cars and you may as well just race the normal crew that turn up to the 'bank.
Keep gatherings to a limited class/ make so that you still have comparios to play with, then once you play with one type then go and race another. You then could take the best from each series and have an all out but dont mess up the preliminaries in the meantime

Ian
08-05-2006, 03:24 PM
IMO other classes / makes / models can come and join in the fun if there willing to chip in, so long as its still dominated by the competing classes, they just arent eligable for any of the awards.

This is why im not too concerned about the upcomming corolla vs astina night, its a NA thing so im just gona go to have a blast... As far as FI cars go I probobly got one of the slowest FI astinas anyway and any turbo rolla with a bit of work done to it should be able to beat me.

LordWorm
08-05-2006, 04:10 PM
IMO other classes / makes / models can come and join in the fun if there willing to chip in, so long as its still dominated by the competing classes, they just arent eligable for any of the awards.

This is why im not too concerned about the upcomming corolla vs astina night, its a NA thing so im just gona go to have a blast... As far as FI cars go I probobly got one of the slowest FI astinas anyway and any turbo rolla with a bit of work done to it should be able to beat me.
True... i mean even if you hit 14.5 as you think you will.....there are rollas out there that SHOULD be going quicker NA....throw an SC on and they are gunna be killers...but as yet noone seems to have SC'd the 2ZZ

batman: we would let you race...after all, noone messes with the caped crusader :P just as long as the jet engine is deactivated for parity, and keep those batarangs to yourself :P

chicaboo
08-05-2006, 06:10 PM

Ian: Your car isn't slow in a straight line, it pulls really well in 4th and 5th. eg: I raced Tim when he was on stock boost, and he had 2 passengers in his car plus race wheels, and I had me in the car (2 ppl) and my race wheels, and there was a gap of 1 car length between us by 180 with him in the lead. I raced a green TX3 turbo called 10WKH (a passenger in each car, so me still disadvantaged) and I could stay neck and neck with him til 140 before he would crawl/walk away from me (ask Nate). My car feels slower now with the quiet exhaust which lacks torque, but I can live with it atleast...
Hang on, what was my point? Errr, who cares what time you run, go and improve your technique if your keen, that way you can maximise what you have.

Ian
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
yeah its a dream to drive on the highway, I can easily accelerate and overtake in 5th, and the throttle is extreemly responsive as it sits right on boost.

And I dont doubt theres a rolla somewhere thats NA and quicker then 14.5.

LordWorm
08-05-2006, 10:16 PM
yeah its a dream to drive on the highway, I can easily accelerate and overtake in 5th, and the throttle is extreemly responsive as it sits right on boost.

And I dont doubt theres a rolla somewhere thats NA and quicker then 14.5.
Northy's bum dyno will no doubt tell you thats the case *battens down the hatches, sounds the air raid alarm* :P

Nate
08-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Ian: Your car isn't slow in a straight line, it pulls really well in 4th and 5th. eg: I raced Tim when he was on stock boost, and he had 2 passengers in his car plus race wheels, and I had me in the car (2 ppl) and my race wheels, and there was a gap of 1 car length between us by 180 with him in the lead. I raced a green TX3 turbo called 10WKH (a passenger in each car, so me still disadvantaged) and I could stay neck and neck with him til 140 before he would crawl/walk away from me (ask Nate). My car feels slower now with the quiet exhaust which lacks torque, but I can live with it atleast...
Hang on, what was my point? Errr, who cares what time you run, go and improve your technique if your keen, that way you can maximise what you have.

you know who the passenger in the KH was dont you

Ian
08-05-2006, 10:35 PM
if northys car can pull a 14.5 and beat me, thats well and good for him... Im not exactly going to be angry at him for doing well am I?

But if his friend can beat me thats a different matter. When his friend beats me I will give credit to his friend. Im not trying to stir anyone up here, but anyone can come along and go yeah thats good but my friends brothers girlfriends husband can beat that.

chicaboo
09-05-2006, 07:34 AM
you know who the passenger in the KH was dont youNo I don't. Dunno any of the Ford bois.

Nate
09-05-2006, 10:49 AM
mr cheese man himself

QuicKSilveR
10-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Bring on the 2JZ Hiluxes

boostedbatman
10-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah thats it
Kick its arse Ryan :D

SILVABULLIT
10-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah thats it
Kick its arse Ryan :D

But make sure you don't leave your gearbox all over the track :p :p

QuicKSilveR
11-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Hahaah Tru. But my new LSD should hold up just fine.

LordWorm
12-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Ok following the success of the last drag day's pre-drive bbq, I'm going to do it again.

This time, I'm proposing I get $5 to $10 off everyone, and do the full catastrophy, chicken kebabs, steak, onions, sausages, breadrolls, no salad...cos you dont make friends with salad..

This interest anyone?

I plan to not be cooking the whole damned time this time either...so i think we best find a park with a decent bbq that actually gets hot...(took half the afternoon to warm up to near cooking temp last time).

Anyway, lemme know what you think.

SB/Northy if you are lurking in here can you put it to both the threads on TOCAU and see what the go is....half the reason I thought of this was to show a bit of hospitality to those sydney siders you've got cruising up for the event!

GTXWGN
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
gutted i so want to race but my motors in bits..i almost got all the parts..

i got 550cc injectors, 45psi map upgrade, wiseco forgies , metal head gasket , gtr conrods, arp bolts/head studs , gt3071 turbo, mazdaspeed clutch pack 4 spider lsd , straight cut 3rd....

cant wait to race the beast.......be interesting , cos i got the 12.7 on 17psi on a stock GTX motor on the gt2871 turbo with viscous lsd...now i got a mean as lsd , i can even shim it so its almost a locker......also will be running around 25psi aswell on the new gt30........also some head work

sorry im excited.....

GTXWGN
12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
oh my god 15th july - i might be able to make it!

bring on the toyota's , we will see whos a dyno queen

LordWorm
12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
gutted i so want to race but my motors in bits..i almost got all the parts..

i got 550cc injectors, 45psi map upgrade, wiseco forgies , metal head gasket , gtr conrods, arp bolts/head studs , gt3071 turbo, mazdaspeed clutch pack 4 spider lsd , straight cut 3rd....

cant wait to race the beast.......be interesting , cos i got the 12.7 on 17psi on a stock GTX motor on the gt2871 turbo with viscous lsd...now i got a mean as lsd , i can even shim it so its almost a locker......also will be running around 25psi aswell on the new gt30........also some head work

sorry im excited.....
Jesus H. Christ!...guess the turbo hilux has something to worry about now...

crikey :)

boostedbatman
13-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Go Ross Go

Ian
13-05-2006, 01:24 PM
:eek: 25 psi :eek:

bourbon
13-05-2006, 01:28 PM
i sawsilverbullits OKW-141 out lastnight on my way to the gfs place...surpirse it wasnt him drivin it :p hahaha it was a girl! unless if hes had surgery and boy did they do a good job :p she was toyin with me, like she knew me and the car...hahah...what stories have you told her sb...is she ya misses? funny thing was i dont have an agt sticker on the car either..i could just be a random astina driver...

SILVABULLIT
13-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Hahaah Tru. But my new LSD should hold up just fine.

Are you FWD or AWD?? Had a mate with an AWD Laser and was running high 13's and had a few gearbox explosions on the track. You have anything else done to the box apart from the LSD??

Haahahahahahaha. That's pretty funny as it was my wife!!! She came home and told about this car following her then overtaking her and looking over etc etc. I then asked what sort of car was it and she said stuffed if I know maybe a SSS Pulsar or Mazda something(exact words) She then said I wasn't worried about it as I was waiting for it to have a go so I could teach him a lesson...

She gets hassled a fair bit driving to/from work and I have finally got her used to hitting lift without crapping herself :p Often hear a story about some moron in a Commodore of Falcon having a go and she's given them a bit of a touch up. Bad enough for those boys to be beaten by a Corolla but when it's a female driving as well ...talk about salt in the wounds :p

bourbon
13-05-2006, 01:51 PM
well you can now tell her it was an astina boy :p hahaha! i wasnt gonna have a go with her...cause in the mornin i had major gearbox issues...gearbox shop guys reckon i might have a valve in the gearbox sticking...or some electrical issues...

and been told not to drive it hard...i kept lookin over as i thought it was your car...and thought i had seen her face before...howd you manage to get her :p hahaha!

chicaboo
13-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Often hear a story about some moron in a Commodore of Falcon having a go and she's given them a bit of a touch up. Bad enough for those boys to be beaten by a Corolla but when it's a female driving as well ...talk about salt in the wounds :pIt always amazes me why commonwhore drivers feel the need to race little 1.8L cars all the time. I'm not just talking the gay 3.8L V6s, but the 5.8L V8s. Do they brag to their mates how they only just beat a little car with an engine a 1/3rd the size of theirs??? Even so, slow as my car may be, it still takes out stock V6 commonwhores, common story from the Astina drivers I understand...

LordWorm
13-05-2006, 08:11 PM
It always amazes me why commonwhore drivers feel the need to race little 1.8L cars all the time. I'm not just talking the gay 3.8L V6s, but the 5.8L V8s. Do they brag to their mates how they only just beat a little car with an engine a 1/3rd the size of theirs??? Even so, slow as my car may be, it still takes out stock V6 commonwhores, common story from the Astina drivers I understand...
Yeh i've experienced this... V8 HSV thing... had a real go at me... over a space of about 8 seconds i was cleaning him....but then his extra cubes reeled me in...but yeh...seems stupid to even try racing one of us.... Bet they wouldnt be game to take on something their own size....or half there size in the case of a skyline.

twilightprotege
13-05-2006, 08:23 PM
all we need to do is take dinosaurs around a corner and we'll all leave them for dead

LordWorm
13-05-2006, 08:25 PM
all we need to do is take dinosaurs around a corner and we'll all leave them for dead
Thats it...nimble light little 4s, against heavy as hell tanks...not really a fair fight though is it :)

twilightprotege
13-05-2006, 08:29 PM
who cares about fair

chicaboo
13-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh, don't underestimate the driving prowess of a local on a mountain road with a stolen car or a beater. I've seen these guys do the craziest stuff in 4WD's! So a "high powered" commonwhore could still be quite a weapon in the right hands. But typically you would think we could lose them on the twisites, hell we can make it so bikes aren't game to pass us on the uphill...

QuicKSilveR
13-05-2006, 08:53 PM
My Work in Progress. Rushing to make this date......Main thing is getting the Weisco Forgies in and run in. I'll match that 25psi Ross and raise you a GT2876R.

AS you can see the progress is on its way for Bolt on goodies. Just have to fit the GTR Rods, ARP Bolts and Studs, New Gasket Set, Pistons, Valves....the works.

I'm so excited.....have to have someone keep ross on his Toes. Best mod so far is the LSD...better grip and no blowing up.

Only mod to the FWD gearbox is LSD yes, but the FWD only blow diffs and 3rd Gear. So a Straight cut 3rd gear is going on order to make the Box unbreakable.........big burnouts will be had. Well my old setup with much less power was running low 13s ok.....just blew one open diff. My car is actually 4WD but converted to FWD.

Bring on the Toyota anythings....Supras, Hiluxes, Rollas. Try anything - I might get beat but its hell fun.
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4708/fan10gs.jpg

project.r.racing
13-05-2006, 08:57 PM
where is the other half of the radiator? lol :D

twilightprotege
13-05-2006, 09:03 PM
oh yeah, i know some dino's can handle, but the vast majority are tankers. lotsa power, weigh heaps and take 3 miles to stop and need tug boats to turn around.

ryan i agree with you on the lsd there. amazing mod it is. my corner speed has increased heaps and i've lowered my 60ft times at the track. i cant wait to see how your car goes with better wheels and tyres too!

i vote heads up race - ryan v ross. would be a very impressive race

chicaboo
13-05-2006, 09:18 PM
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4708/fan10gs.jpgThose are the sexiest looking turbo headers! Looks like they are done without cuts too? What type of LSD do you run? Andy's 2way scares me, I would prefer 1way or 1.5way given the choice...

twilightprotege
13-05-2006, 09:25 PM
manifold there gav - not header. exhaust manifold.

chicaboo
13-05-2006, 09:33 PM
You farkers and your techy babble! :p She still looks choice though cuz!

You know a B3 is a pissy little Mazda 1.3L best known for it's frugal and economical gutless performance :D

twilightprotege
13-05-2006, 09:40 PM
hahaha

we are happy to deal with all makes of mazda engines ;)

LordWorm
14-05-2006, 08:12 AM
so pretty :)

Fazda power =)
phwoar =)

Mad Mat
14-05-2006, 08:33 AM

man that iks one nice looking engine u have there. drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool (sparks fly out of my keyboard.)

so when do u recon u will have this done and where do u live. that would look nice in my astina :eek: sorry i mean good luck with the modifing ;) :p

GTXWGN
18-05-2006, 08:18 PM
looks like i might bea ble to make it if its run in by then. jambo this year is gonna be huge for mazda powered beasts , so the more practise the better.

heres a little sample of whats going on my beast. i sold the 2871 and got a 3071 , same turbo , gt30 ass end and a bigger cover. its on my top mount manifold which gives an idea of size, also the pic was taken i nthe bathroom for good light on a phone camera, i wasnt wanking on it as previously suggested by others

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8148/3071r1sm7av.jpg

bourbon
18-05-2006, 08:42 PM
ohhh kool i might be runnin a DOHC + Manual then...might take it down to see how i go with it...hopefully a big improvement from the SOHC auto...

QuicKSilveR
19-05-2006, 09:56 AM
The Wagz is still a step ahead of the Fanta Can, unless it has some hardcore lag hahahaaha.

But both cars are going to be running some serious boost :)

QuicKSilveR
19-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Think I'm going to just buy some Toyo R888 for 17" Rims so i can use them all the time one the street. I've bought a Black Forester GT so its no longer a daily.

marcs_sp20
19-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Think I'm going to just buy some Toyo R888 for 17" Rims so i can use them all the time one the street. I've bought a Black Forester GT so its no longer a daily.

Forester GT aye? I recommend joing GTrydaz (www.gtrydaz.com) and posting it up. They always have cruises etc. Mate of mine has one, its currently the lowest in australia...

here's a pic of it.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/296/080420061405ex.jpg

Marc

QuicKSilveR
19-05-2006, 11:06 AM
How do you know its the lowest? There are some pretty low ones up here.

...and Yeah I'm already on GtRydaz

marcs_sp20
19-05-2006, 12:59 PM
It was measured at the recent coffs cruise the guys organised a couple months ago..... It sits at 67mm off the ground, 20mm lower then the next car. The pic doesnt do the car justice.

LordWorm
19-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Back on topic guys... topic being... defeating the rollas again :P

SILVABULLIT
21-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Back on topic guys... topic being... defeating the rollas again :P

"wakes up and wipes dribble from corner of mouth"LOL

chicaboo
21-05-2006, 08:39 PM
It's OK Brenndan, you've always got me to beat.

SILVABULLIT
22-05-2006, 11:59 AM
It's OK Brenndan, you've always got me to beat.

Your too kind Chicaboo ;) I'll use Lordworm as my warmup run before I even contemplate giving you a go :)

LordWorm
22-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Your too kind Chicaboo ;) I'll use Lordworm as my warmup run before I even contemplate giving you a go :)
Assuming my car is prepped...it'll packing more then a few little surprises for you my friend =)

If not prepped, wont be running. cant risk the clutch on more runs in its current format.... will find out over the next week or so if it'll be there ready to run.

Ian
22-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Well hopefully I can sort my situation out enough to be there by then to run... Even if there isent any compitition on the FI side of things except from the other Mazdas (Which I believe I have the slowest of? Oh well, im still keen to give them a go :D)

LordWorm
22-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Well hopefully I can sort my situation out enough to be there by then to run... Even if there isent any compitition on the FI side of things except from the other Mazdas (Which I believe I have the slowest of? Oh well, im still keen to give them a go :D)
Well there will be a hilux out there thats turbo'd apparently, and a few sydney siders are bringing their 1ZZs up, and i *think* if memory serves, someone in sydney has a supercharged 1ZZ? maybe SB can convince them to bring that up to play.

I've more or less opened it right up for FI on their forums...but noone seems willing to go looking for dirty old boosted rollas or even 2JZ powered animals...so it'll be another NA fare i think, with a few FI cars for everyone to oggle over.

Who cares if you are the slowest anyway.. its about getting out, having a bit of fun, watching your PBs tumble etc. Willowbank raceway should be like an icebox in july...PRAY for warm humid days so the track is sticky.

GTXWGN
27-05-2006, 01:10 AM
dont worry my car will be running this week , i just have to drive it to alice ssprings and back revving it up and down before the event and dyno it to run it in. please help

Ian
27-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Alice springs?

Well thats quite a trip. Make sure you pack your cold weather gear!

GTXWGN
28-05-2006, 10:01 AM
haha na its just 1000km of city driving...so annoying

Mad Mat
10-06-2006, 03:17 PM
so with this thing can i run just for kicks please or do i have to have a turbo or beat 17sec to run in the event?

Ian
10-06-2006, 03:29 PM
yeah man

Its a TNT

Im not sure if im going to make it to this, cars developed problems. I suspect its a dodgy waterpump / alternator.

LordWorm
10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeh as ian said, TNT...
went to one not long ago where a guy in a volvo was giving his ride an absolute ring stinging... ran something in the order of 21seconds... was funny =)

You'll be right mate... just ignore the toyota guys when they inevitably put crap on your car because it doesnt have 2 cam profiles and doesn't run 15 seconds and doesnt have a toyota badge =)

SILVABULLIT
11-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeh as ian said, TNT...
went to one not long ago where a guy in a volvo was giving his ride an absolute ring stinging... ran something in the order of 21seconds... was funny =)

You'll be right mate... just ignore the toyota guys when they inevitably put crap on your car because it doesnt have 2 cam profiles and doesn't run 15 seconds and doesnt have a toyota badge =)

can't help bad luck can you Greg :p :p :p :p

project.r.racing
11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
so with this thing can i run just for kicks please or do i have to have a turbo or beat 17sec to run in the event? if you are paying $38 to get in, it's your right to run, you are paying for the right to. doesn't matter about times or turbos.

what matter is that you are giving it a go.

LordWorm
14-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Ok we're a little over a month away till the grudge match...

Time to start a list

please indicate on the list whether you are racing or spectating (and if you have a parts car!), and if you are interested in a pre-fight bbq.

bbq will probably be held as a seperate thingy...i'll be charging about $5 a head...probably an early lunch at a seperate location (the bbq's at the place we were at last time SUCKED)

a simillar list has been started on TOCAU and i'll merge the lists together closer to the date.

1. LordWorm - BBQ and RACING

twilightprotege
14-06-2006, 08:41 AM
i'm not going :p

Ian
14-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Oh well, im sure we will manage. :eek:

I should be there. :D

2. Ian - BBQ and Racing myself (Get a turbo up ya toyota, comeon)

LordWorm
14-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Take on the hilux ian, if it shows

Ian
14-06-2006, 10:59 AM
*if* it shows, it will have alot of compitition. Assuming some of the other turbo'd mazdas / fazdas show up.

LordWorm
14-06-2006, 11:14 AM
*if* it shows, it will have alot of compitition. Assuming some of the other turbo'd mazdas / fazdas show up.
I know of a guy with a supra thats just been tuned for 400kW atw (not overly much to write home about in the scheme of supra tuning i know..) on another forum (not tocau)...

might pm him and see if he's keen to come play?

QuicKSilveR
15-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I did some weight reduction for the special event:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9943/f18hd.jpg

LordWorm
15-06-2006, 08:42 AM
I did some weight reduction for the special event:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9943/f18hd.jpg
imageshack blocked by works firewall :\

so you're coming? add yourself to the list! need to know who i'm catering for for the bbq...

ON THE BBQ MENU WE WILL HAVE:

Steaks
Chicken Kebabs and/or marinated chilli chicken breasts (depends on whats cheaper)
Sausages
Onions
Bread or breadrolls (gunna talk to the baker bout getting breadrolls for cheap if i buy a few dozen)
BBQ, Tomato and chilli sauce
And absolutely no salad!

=)

sound good?

marcs_sp20
15-06-2006, 04:18 PM
3. Marc - BBQ and racing

So is the BBQ going to be at yamanto like it was back in march???

bourbon
15-06-2006, 04:37 PM
im gonna have to let you know closer to the date if will be attending...hopefully i have the DOHC manual by then...just gotta try and wait for one to pop back up again in the auctions...

Beckie
15-06-2006, 06:59 PM
3. Marc - BBQ and racing
4. Beckie - BBQ and spectating most probably

I'll be there ... i think....

QuicKSilveR
16-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Ummm yeah but no, Weight reduction of removing the engine did not seem to pay off, my times are slower by 20 minutes pushing force.

LordWorm
16-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Ummm yeah but no, Weight reduction of removing the engine did not seem to pay off, my times are slower by 20 minutes pushing force.
Saw the pic when i got home :(

i thought you had just done some rebuilding style work?

no ford fanta at the drag day then? :(

Coming to spectate/bbq at least?

QuicKSilveR
16-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, i'll probably come along, esp. if Ross wagon is coming out. I'll cruise over in the Forester (parts car)

GTXWGN
18-06-2006, 09:00 PM
so wats the official date?

LordWorm
18-06-2006, 09:05 PM
July 15 mate...

shall we be seeing you there? :)

record breaking runs on the cards? =)

GTXWGN
19-06-2006, 04:46 PM
might be there, all going to plan, all i need to do is get my plenum welded and radiator, weld tanks.. and to fit the 626 cv's/inner hubs as the standard ones are twisted the splines

bourbon
20-06-2006, 06:12 PM
ok guys really good news...i got my SP today...recieve it tomorrow...so hopefully this weekend will be strippin one of the cars and with luck maybe new engine in mine...

89sp1.8
20-06-2006, 06:35 PM
howd u go with the engine mate? u get her in?

also wat u doing with that sunroof? if u dont need it i got dibs :)

DeZZar
03-07-2006, 08:44 AM
3. Marc - BBQ and racing
4. Beckie - BBQ and spectating most probably
5. Dezzar & Anabelle - Racing (unsure on BBQ)

twilightprotege
03-07-2006, 10:00 AM
will be interesting to watch you race derrick. (and yes i should be on the list)

LordWorm
03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Heres the list of corollas so far.

1. Buddha - BBQ and spectator (may also have one other BBQ spectator)
2. Dee - BBQ and RACING
3. Wei - BBQ and RACING
4. Azza - BBQ and spectating (may be racing closer to the event)
5. SuperDave - RACING
6. Ash - BBQ and RACING
7.Silvabullit - BBQ and possible RACING(have to get clutch fitted first)
8. DHC - BBQ and RACING (what have I got myself into?! )
9. Northy - BBQ and Racing at this stage
10. Northy's GF - BBQ and my Promo Girl

Yeh we don't know many of their names, but it looks like a few are going to actually be racing this time...

I wanna aim for 10 actual racing mazdas if we can!

bourbon
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM
ok by the looks of it ill be racing...with out G-SPEC...
might be at the lunch...and i shall have my promo girl :p

hahahaha go the promo girls!

madaz sp20
03-07-2006, 09:21 PM
want a 02 SP20 with just a non standard muffler :confused: :p

GTXWGN
04-07-2006, 08:32 AM
ok , my car is finished, but theres no way ill have the motor run in, and tuned by then due to funds....plus im going on a holiday to NZ on the 20th and need cash for that. bummer

LordWorm
04-07-2006, 08:35 AM
OK

toyota boys are starting to ask about a schedule. I am still after a bbq venue. A few options on hand here. We can head out to the park we went to last time (not wanting to really do this as the bbq's sucked. They would stay on for 5 minutes, then you'd have to press the button again...and if you forgot, things stopped cooking), or out the front of my place (moorooka on the south side, not hard at all to get to goodna after that for the BP meet). OR we can go somewhere else - open to suggestions.

I'll leave the schedule upto twiggy...cos he's good at it.

edit: Oh and cost for BBQ is $5 a head. I need numbers. Could anyone who hasnt added themselves please do so, else you go hungry.

twilightprotege
04-07-2006, 08:41 AM
i think same park. easier for everyone. same times as last time etc...whatever they were.

meet, eat, beat corollas, get bagged because i take racing seriously, go home.

LordWorm
04-07-2006, 09:04 AM
i think same park. easier for everyone. same times as last time etc...whatever they were.

meet, eat, beat corollas, get bagged because i take racing seriously, go home.
:p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

marcs_sp20
05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
What about queens park in ipswich itself, it maybe an extra 5 minuutes away from the last venue but is a ****e load better...

Marc

LordWorm
05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
What about queens park in ipswich itself, it maybe an extra 5 minuutes away from the last venue but is a ****e load better...

Marc
Got BBQ area?

marcs_sp20
05-07-2006, 06:56 PM
I will check out a couple bbq areas tomorrow... even better i'll just look on the work database.... seeing i work for the council now! :D:D:D:D

BigBoyLemonade
05-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Pics!!! I demand pics I would love to get up some corolla fan boys!

LordWorm
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Pics!!! I demand pics I would love to get up some corolla fan boys!
Andy gave them a pounding last time...but we got told off for "cheating" with weight reduction and drag "slicks".

now they know we're all doing it...they can do the same, or not, either way no whinging =)

bourbon
05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Andy gave them a pounding last time...but we got told off for "cheating" with weight reduction and drag "slicks".

now they know we're all doing it...they can do the same, or not, either way no whinging =)

dont start this again!!! :mad:

LordWorm
05-07-2006, 10:34 PM
dont start this again!!! :mad:
i thought the whole point of this was to start it again :D :D :D

DeZZar
06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
will be interesting to watch you race derrick.

will be interesting trying again. I hope no expectations are set - I'm pretty average at drag racing lol....hopefully will do better this time.

ecu was all sorted today!! :D :D

twilightprotege
07-07-2006, 06:32 AM
glad it's all sorted - now race! :D

i've got a few things up my sleeve to bring to the drag day. would be amazing if i got a pb with a stuffed gearbox (and if that's the case the GB will be coming out the next day to fix!)

DeZZar
07-07-2006, 08:10 AM
me to! had been dragging on for just about 3 months now.

Don't suppose anyone has some spare sticky front wheels I could borrow? :p (that fit over sp23 brakes?)

was thinking of trying to get some stock 16's or something....

twilightprotege
07-07-2006, 08:14 AM
i know my wheels and tyres fit over the sp23 brakes. maybe kurtles and you can buy a set of 4 and take 2 each?

if all goes to plan, i might even be forcing my induction for the racing ;)

DeZZar
07-07-2006, 08:22 AM
hmmm....how much they worth a set?

twilightprotege
07-07-2006, 08:44 AM
depends on availability. i got an absolute bargain getting the pair for $400, but dont expect that. prob more around $800 for the pair. they are 15x7.5 just fyi

LordWorm
07-07-2006, 02:09 PM
i know my wheels and tyres fit over the sp23 brakes. maybe kurtles and you can buy a set of 4 and take 2 each?

if all goes to plan, i might even be forcing my induction for the racing ;)
Twiggycharger =)

edit: final piece of bent pipe for the twiggycharger was just collected. If it fits together, you'll have those sportivos eating dust =)

Edit again: I am going to tell B3Motorsport's resident photo wh0re to bring his digi cams and video camera again. We'll have the incar camera bracket there and hopefully refined to make it a little more elegant.. So anyone with a BJ (though should fit on a BK also), if you want an incar video of a pass, it can be arranged.

Going to give TERRA Operative some extra batteries, and at least one other digi cam, and i expect all memory cards to be filled to the max with burnouts that flick hot rubber on a certain silver sportivo ;)

SILVABULLIT
09-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Twiggycharger =)

edit: final piece of bent pipe for the twiggycharger was just collected. If it fits together, you'll have those sportivos eating dust =)

Edit again: I am going to tell B3Motorsport's resident photo wh0re to bring his digi cams and video camera again. We'll have the incar camera bracket there and hopefully refined to make it a little more elegant.. So anyone with a BJ (though should fit on a BK also), if you want an incar video of a pass, it can be arranged.

Going to give TERRA Operative some extra batteries, and at least one other digi cam, and i expect all memory cards to be filled to the max with burnouts that flick hot rubber on a certain silver sportivo ;)

What???? You gonna have people throwing it at me as I go down the track?? Cause you know I'll be in front of you so that's certainly not possible from Twiggy wanna be hehehehehe:p :p

LordWorm
09-07-2006, 05:50 PM
What???? You gonna have people throwing it at me as I go down the track?? Cause you know I'll be in front of you so that's certainly not possible from Twiggy wanna be hehehehehe:p :p
Burnout. We're side by side.
And according to the timeslip, i was all over you to about the 330foot marker (and definantly over 60 feet).

=)

I wont be packing much more than last time. Should be under 16s now... headers are on hold due to shoddy suppliers - takes 3 weeks to get a quote and then anotehr 3 to get anything made.

got clutch? you actually racing this time?

LordWorm
10-07-2006, 02:28 PM
<<<<<BBQ CANCELED>>>>>

Sorry guys, had to pull the pin on the BBQ this time - Mrs needs the car right up until race time just about. If anyone else wants to run a BBQ, be my guest!

However, for those that don't want to, schedule will be as follows:

Arrive Goodna BP 2:45PM - check tyres, fuel etc.

Leave Goodna BP 3:00PM SHARP

Arrive Willowbank 3:30PM.

This will guarentee us a decent spot etc (hopefully up on the concrete).

Cruises to the event at your own discression. All cruises should arrive at Goodna BP no later than 2:45 else you risk being left behind.

SILVABULLIT
10-07-2006, 05:32 PM
And according to the timeslip, i was all over you to about the 330foot marker (and definantly over 60 feet).

=)

I wont be packing much more than last time. Should be under 16s now... headers are on hold due to shoddy suppliers - takes 3 weeks to get a quote and then anotehr 3 to get anything made.

No clutch yet as I only got back from overseas on the weekend and yes you were beating me off the line but I like to call it " A Sporting Chance" :p :p :p

LordWorm
10-07-2006, 05:54 PM
No clutch yet as I only got back from overseas on the weekend and yes you were beating me off the line but I like to call it " A Sporting Chance" :p :p :p
oh so thats what the kids are calling a crappy launch now? hahahaha

now your back... flick us an email regarding those pms and let us know what you think mate..

we can chat about it some on saturday.

SILVABULLIT
10-07-2006, 06:58 PM
oh so thats what the kids are calling a crappy launch now? hahahaha

now your back... flick us an email regarding those pms and let us know what you think mate..

we can chat about it some on saturday.

too easy mate :)

twilightprotege
10-07-2006, 09:37 PM
so clutch is going to be the excuse this time? ;) ;) ;)

twilightprotege
11-07-2006, 06:41 AM
how many are seriously going this time?

agt guys?

tocow guys?

tocow guys, exactly the same as last time, are dropping out. WEE WEE claims the reason he is piking this time is, and i quote, "im a best man at my gf's cousins wedding". yeah, like he didnt know he was going to be the best man until last night. the sydney babies havent made the trip up here as they initially promised. how many more are going to drop out before saturday???

LordWorm
11-07-2006, 07:40 AM

agt guys?

tocow guys?

tocow guys, exactly the same as last time, are dropping out. WEE WEE claims the reason he is piking this time is, and i quote, "im a best man at my gf's cousins wedding". yeah, like he didnt know he was going to be the best man until last night. the sydney babies havent made the trip up here as they initially promised. how many more are going to drop out before saturday???
Prob just end up you and me at the end again mate, as per usual...hahaha..

SB wont race without clutch (at least he said that from the beginning) and going by the cruise rule of thumb...only 75% of those who confirm they will be there will turn up.

Oh well..

chicaboo
11-07-2006, 10:27 AM
I might be a surprise entrant, I dunno, I've shared my concerns with you guys...

FLYWHEEL!

MitchEG
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Ill be there to spectate!

LordWorm
11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Ill be there to spectate!
Spectate?

why not race!

whos coming?

I have a couple of people who are keen to bring vehicles as parts cars if people are going solo... got a ute and a van..

lemme know

marcs_sp20
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Im still coming to race, so thats a definite for me, i may even have a mate of mine with a 99 rolla conquest coming to race aswell. ill be waiting for ya's at goodna :D

SILVABULLIT
11-07-2006, 09:39 PM

agt guys?

tocow guys?

Prolly the same amount dropping out from our side as you guys had last time. Sydney boys are mostly at Uni and couldn't make it due to semesters being different to us apparantly(never went to Uni waste of my time and money lol)
but as far as i know there will still be a few going weather permitting. Predictions of serious rain over the weekend don't look good but just have to wait and see. :)

bourbon
11-07-2006, 09:54 PM
ill definatlly be there satday...will have my car put in for CV work tomorrow so i dont get shudders over 2500rpm...and shall be all sweet...then wheel allignment on thursday...see you toca boys out there... ohhhh i wont be runnin so slow this time too...

LordWorm
12-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Prolly the same amount dropping out from our side as you guys had last time. Sydney boys are mostly at Uni and couldn't make it due to semesters being different to us apparantly(never went to Uni waste of my time and money lol)
but as far as i know there will still be a few going weather permitting. Predictions of serious rain over the weekend don't look good but just have to wait and see. :)
We'll hold off as long as possible before pulling the pin...

bourbon
13-07-2006, 10:04 PM
ok...maybe change of plans for me...sorry guys...today had major issues with power steering...the fluid went everywhere but i might have fixed it already...just gotta wait and see...

LordWorm
13-07-2006, 10:11 PM
ok...maybe change of plans for me...sorry guys...today had major issues with power steering...the fluid went everywhere but i might have fixed it already...just gotta wait and see...
steering? last time i checked a drag way is a dead straight line dude =)

haha

nah bad luck on that...woulda been good to see you into the 17s at long last!

bourbon
13-07-2006, 10:23 PM
steering? last time i checked a drag way is a dead straight line dude =)

haha

nah bad luck on that...woulda been good to see you into the 17s at long last!

well when you have no powersteering fluid in your system at all its not good...ohh i was hopin to get high 16s :p hahahaha...dont say its not possible cause it is... i still might go...just depends on how i feel the car is...

SILVABULLIT
14-07-2006, 10:53 PM

=)

Hey Wormie just found a time slip from last time when we raced and I beat you to all markers ;)

60ft (you) 2.666 (me) 2.405
330ft 7.332 6.681

Etc etc. Thought you'd be interested. And I know it was when I raced you by the time as you were the slowest car I had a run with. (others ran 11.9 and 12.1) :) :)

LordWorm
15-07-2006, 06:21 AM
Hey Wormie just found a time slip from last time when we raced and I beat you to all markers ;)

60ft (you) 2.666 (me) 2.405
330ft 7.332 6.681

Etc etc. Thought you'd be interested. And I know it was when I raced you by the time as you were the slowest car I had a run with. (others ran 11.9 and 12.1) :) :)
Ok i stand corrected.

almost twice the power at the wheels, and gloating over 2 tenths to 60 feet...
=)
cya at the track later.

DeZZar
15-07-2006, 07:53 AM
almost twice the power at the wheels, and gloating over 2 tenths to 60 feet...

hahahahahahahaha......

So....whats the weather report for Ipswich today??

twilightprotege
15-07-2006, 08:08 AM
questionable....

hopefully it'll stay away, but the looming rain will scare a few people to not show up, thus giving us a decent number of passes

twilightprotege
15-07-2006, 08:12 AM
oh and greggles was probably referring to what happened on the track - ie he was ahead of you at the 60 and 330fts because he had a better reaction time

SILVABULLIT
15-07-2006, 08:19 AM
oh and greggles was probably referring to what happened on the track - ie he was ahead of you at the 60 and 330fts because he had a better reaction time

Like I said to him I'm a nice fella and was giving him a sportiing chance :p

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.loop.shtml

Here's the loop of the weather radar to see what's happening. A fair bit of rain out west.

chicaboo
15-07-2006, 08:34 AM
I won't be a surprise turn up afterall, I have decided I will work today, and help people move stuff with the trailer tomorrow. In any case, I don't have my monster exhaust cam installed, and that was my ticket into the high 15s...

LordWorm
15-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Like I said to him I'm a nice fella and was giving him a sportiing chance :p

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.loop.shtml

Here's the loop of the weather radar to see what's happening. A fair bit of rain out west.
No - you just suck :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeh, it can rain its arse off until 11am... then it better fine up.

Have a chat at around 12:30..thats when i'll be callin.

LordWorm
15-07-2006, 10:28 AM
ITS OFF

just called willowbank raceway. The TNT has been cancelled due to rain. :(
We'll have to look for another date I'm afraid.

Please circulate to anyone who wont be online before the planned meetup.

Looks like the weather gods have let the toyota boys off scott free this time!

hahah

cyas all at the next TNT.

DeZZar
15-07-2006, 10:39 AM
bugger!!!

oh well.....give me a chance to get some new wheels!! :P

LordWorm
15-07-2006, 01:08 PM
yeh

next TNT is on the 5th of aug i think.... hopefully i'll have the gun headers in, 2.5in catback and phase 1 of my intake (injen knock off, unless i get a good deal on quads happening) so I can have some corolla thumping power at my disposal =)

SILVABULLIT
15-07-2006, 01:39 PM
yeh

next TNT is on the 5th of aug i think.... hopefully i'll have the gun headers in, 2.5in catback and phase 1 of my intake (injen knock off, unless i get a good deal on quads happening) so I can have some corolla thumping power at my disposal =)

Yep those mods will give you perhaps some of the thumping power that the Corolla's produce. Let's hope the rest of the car and driver can handle it :p :p :p

LordWorm
15-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Yep those mods will give you perhaps some of the thumping power that the Corolla's produce. Let's hope the rest of the car and driver can handle it :p :p :p
Right....

Least i'll be able to put the vast majority of my power to the ground, and keep it there... instead of dropping out of lift and getting uninspiring power that my mothers sewing machine can top through the majority of the rev range.....Lift impresses me so.... :rolleyes:

edit: toss me the keys to the silver turd and i'll PB it for ya first run out too =). That should put to bed any question of driver ability i should think.
=)

Azza
15-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I may have a red pipe next time (hopefully SB hey???) so, I wouldn't neccessarily be saying your letting us off.... :P

bourbon
15-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Right....

Least i'll be able to put the vast majority of my power to the ground, and keep it there... instead of dropping out of lift and getting uninspiring power that my mothers sewing machine can top through the majority of the rev range.....Lift impresses me so.... :rolleyes:

edit: toss me the keys to the silver turd and i'll PB it for ya first run out too =). That should put to bed any question of driver ability i should think.
=)

anymore cockyness... show what ya can do first then speak...get it in the right order!

LordWorm
15-07-2006, 05:26 PM
anymore cockyness... show what ya can do first then speak...get it in the right order!

SB knows i'm having a go. As do most people. Its called friendly banter. There is nothing nasty in it. Just jokes. I'm sure if he were offended, he would let me know. But instead, he will post some other wise remark - to which I will respond with another.

SILVABULLIT
15-07-2006, 05:55 PM
SB knows i'm having a go. As do most people. Its called friendly banter. There is nothing nasty in it. Just jokes. I'm sure if he were offended, he would let me know. But instead, he will post some other wise remark - to which I will respond with another.

Was about to say "don't count your chickens before they hatch" but thought that this one fits better.........

"aren't you putting your horse(or your case shetland pony) before the cart(mazda)

I was keen to see how much quicker the Bourbon mobile was gonna be today too but ahh well maybe next time. :)

chicaboo
15-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I was keen to see how much quicker the Bourbon mobile was gonna be today too but ahh well maybe next time. :)Not only Bourbon, we've all been working towards PBs. It's not likely the farkers at B3M wil have my flywheel by the next meetup :rolleyes: :p , but I will have my cam in, and most importantly, RUN IN by then. So I have a reason to flog the car to chase a PB then. But yes, Bourbon will do very well with his new aquisition, I expect to see him settling down between a 16.7-17.0 after his first few runs. If he is a launch master, there is no reason he can't do even better, particulary with racing slicks and weight reduction. :p

Gav.

LordWorm
15-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Was about to say "don't count your chickens before they hatch" but thought that this one fits better.........

"aren't you putting your horse(or your case shetland pony) before the cart(mazda)

I was keen to see how much quicker the Bourbon mobile was gonna be today too but ahh well maybe next time. :)
hahaha, well, I was offering to PB your car for you... i spose I could still do that if I tie a tow rope to the front of yours and drag you down the quartermile..... =)

Yeh the bourbs mobile should be a killer now... more so when he gets his planned mods on (assume they are still going ahead bourbs?)

Gavvie: we've been chasing the supplier day and night for your flywheel mate... short of an abusive phone call (which wont serve anyones purpose), theres not much more we can do at this stage :\

We do have that price from that other supplier... but was a bit $$$ i know..Shall have a chat with you about it when I next see you.

Having a nightmarish run with suppliers at the moment.... the only people who seem to have their heads screwed on properly are the tyre suppliers .... hrmm.

chicaboo
15-07-2006, 06:18 PM
It's ok, I was just playin', is all.

As for tyres, I was thinking about what you were saying about Andy's new tyres giving him rear wheel steer, and you may recall I felt the same thing when I went from the Sumi's to the Proxes4 aswell. After a while I got used to it, now I just let it slide out a bit cause I know it will stick.

EDIT: well all the cuz bros came over to help and or watch with the install of the exhaust cam on the SPos18. I took it for a drive, careful not to take it over 5000rpm until the cam profile is bed into the shims nicely (or the other way around...). So in a week or so I will be able to start getting into the rev range a bit more, and exploit whatever gains or losses it's afforded me... It's too early for first impressions at this time, so maybe the ECU needs to learn, or maybe I need to get rid of the pee shooter quiet exhaust to reep any benefit from it?