PDA

View Full Version : June 17/18 - Rally Queensland

Nate
05-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Coates Rally Queensland will be held this year on june 17/18 in caloundra and imbil. ( about 1 hour or so north of brisbane. Providing the lada is back together and we have hte funds (we are trying our hardest!!) the lada will be entered and as usual all agt members are invited to come and join in the festivites as we push our 1.3 litres of Russian vodka fuelled quasi fury thru a forest (hopefully not literally this time). we will be camping up there on saturday night with the apropriate beverages with good times to be had by all. This is a round of the ARC (AUSTRALIAN RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP) so all the legends of Aussie rally will be around! we will also need to nominate a service crew for the event so if you want to get really up close to the action now is hte time to raise your hand!

So basically ... get your but into gear, pack a tent and beer and head up to the forest for the best dirty weekend you have had in ages

Nate

chicaboo
05-05-2006, 01:06 PM
If I can stay at Ryan's place I wouldn't mind going up there for that as a spectator.

marcs_sp20
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
U know im heading up nate! ill prolly make my ippy cruise the sunday after, if everyone agrees to it

marc

Mad Mat
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
i will be there on saturday and sunday for a nice camping/drinking night. and also as service crew. if u want be. i am good with a hammer. but still in the L's for engine work. know that basics. so. if u still need a hand i am there

aw we can't forget the rallying to. :p

boostedbatman
05-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I will check with the Cat to see how dumped with work she will be around then, problem for a teacher is that work doesn't finish when she gets home. May be around marking of end of semester assignments and exams but if we can find a way young man we will be there

project.r.racing
05-05-2006, 03:12 PM
hmmm, isn't the end of day service point in Caloundra also? if so wht would you be camping out at Imbil?
I'll stay at my place for the weekend. haha lol :D
Put me down as service crew me thinkz!!!

Ryan

Nate
05-05-2006, 04:34 PM
i dont know where it is... i will give you details when i look further into it

Ian
05-05-2006, 04:41 PM
if I can hitch a ride and find a place to crash, ill come, assuming nothing like uni/work say otherwise

Nate
08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Service :

Ryan
Matt

Spectating :

Gav
Ian

ryan and matt i need your shirt sizes and $12.50 ;)

ferdinand_911
09-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Keep an eye out for our red Suzuki Baleno F16 aswell...

Went through the Supp regs last week and the event is no longer based from Caloundra. It's moved to Twin waters resort at Mudjimba (for finiancial resaons I think). This will be my third rally Q as a competitor and about my 6th in tot...really good event for eveyone who goes.

See you there.

Nate
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM

Went through the Supp regs last week and the event is no longer based from Caloundra. It's moved to Twin waters resort at Mudjimba (for finiancial resaons I think). This will be my third rally Q as a competitor and about my 6th in tot...really good event for eveyone who goes.

See you there.

will do mate ... be sure to say hi on the day :p

project.r.racing
09-05-2006, 05:49 PM

See you there. 5 minutes drive from my place, nice!!!

it was originally move to mooloolaba but becasue the old farts there started complaining that it would attract hoons it was canned for mooloolaba and moved to twin waters. will be better out there anywayz.

ryan

2brag
09-05-2006, 07:09 PM
5 minutes drive from my place, nice!!!

it was originally move to mooloolaba but becasue the old farts there started complaining that it would attract hoons it was canned for mooloolaba and moved to twin waters. will be better out there anywayz.

ryan

looks like ill have to stay at the missus place that weekend seeing she lives at the enterance of Twin Waters

project.r.racing
09-05-2006, 07:14 PM
i'm thinking friday nite cruise to see it peps

ferdinand_911
09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
For all the official info:

http://www.rally.com.au/events/queensland06

Cheers!

Ian
10-05-2006, 12:08 AM
your going up still right gav?

Mind if I grab a ride in the gavmobile?

Beckie
10-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Service :

Ryan
Matt

Spectating :

Gav
Ian

ryan and matt i need your shirt sizes and $12.50 ;)

I wouldn't mind coming up as a spectator as well...maybe... if i'm allowed :p
Don't want to be cramping guys style.

boostedbatman
10-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Bugger it Nate
I will come anyway
If you need any tools etc then let me know, you remember what I have here, but I will keep a close eye on my 17mm socket (lucky I have 4 then hey)

Nate
10-05-2006, 08:04 AM

we dont have any of that :p

sure pete come along ... the only other thing we could really use is another trolley jack ... so bring that along if you like

Service :

Ryan
Matt
Pete

Spectating :

Gav
Ian
Ianette

Ian
10-05-2006, 12:38 PM
humm bec if your gona come we might take one of our cars then...

Also, how are you at camping?

bourbon
10-05-2006, 01:39 PM

I have to be back by 1 on thursday however, so we would have to look @ leaving at 12.

ian this is a weekend event :p hahaha

i might be there with kaz...will talk to ya closer to the event

also nate how many in a service team???

chicaboo
10-05-2006, 05:34 PM
I may go service, I prolly won't fit into my uniform by then though. :(
If peeps wanna lift with me I'm not phased.

Beckie
10-05-2006, 09:13 PM

... You may be surprised but I *CAN* deal with camping. - When we camped down at tamworth earlier this year with my family we endured a storm with lightning and wind and thunder and HAIL! And i had to hold the tarp and the tent together... hell freezing and scary, but i did it :D
Nah I'm ok. and yea, we can take my car if you want lol.

Ian
11-05-2006, 01:32 AM
okey, we will see how the astina is feeling closer to the date. She needs new rubber now...

Allways something.

Mad Mat
11-05-2006, 08:59 AM
we dont have any of that :p

sure pete come along ... the only other thing we could really use is another trolley jack ... so bring that along if you like

Service :

Ryan
Matt
Pete

Spectating :

Gav
Ian
Ianette

ianette. nice. soz just had to point that out.

us guys at astina gt have no style like nate said above. but some of us do act like kids. ie nate-o, me, ian (biggest of them all ;) ), nate (running close behind ian in second place :p )...........ect

please feel free to add ur name to the list.

Beckie
11-05-2006, 10:29 AM
lol I did notice the Ianette thing... :p
and I'm aware that some of you act like kids lol. Needless to say I often do as well hehe.
I'm sure Ian can vouch for that.
Anyway, Sounds like itll be a good weekend. Count me in :)

project.r.racing
11-05-2006, 04:27 PM
i'm excited, i can't wait, i love it when the rally circus comes to town

Beckie
11-05-2006, 05:58 PM
i'm excited, i can't wait, i love it when the rally circus comes to town

*Gasps* :eek: a circus??? Will there be monkeys and clowns????

chicaboo
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM
*Gasps* :eek: a circus??? Will there be monkeys and clowns????If Nate and Ian go, yeah. :p

Astro Boy
11-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm no clown... but i am pretty funny looking! :p

project.r.racing
12-05-2006, 03:57 PM
i meant when the whole rally crews come to town, it's always fun.

i hung out with the subaru team a few years back, they always rent a big place on the canals in buddina and have a crazy party sunday night if they win :D

it's always a good 3 days of fun and excitement.

ryan

Nate
12-05-2006, 05:14 PM
i hung out with the subaru team a few years back, they always rent a big place on the canals in buddina and have a crazy party sunday night if they win :D

and 3 days of drinking if they loose :p

project.r.racing
29-05-2006, 09:05 AM
**BUMP** Whats happening here??? I spent Sunday morning up at Imbil checking out some of the previous competitive and non-competitive special stages, (My own personal Recce I guesss you could say.)

Do we know where and/or when Shakedown and Service Parks will be yet?
Is the car finished yet?
Do you have a car you do Recce in?
When (day & date) are you coming up?
What do I need to wear in service?
Do we get passes for serivce areas?

I'm getting bored and need something to do.

Ryan

Mad Mat
29-05-2006, 02:02 PM
yer i am with ryan. i am still in fr the service crew but we need details people. :)

ferdinand_911
04-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Deejayryry,

All the info you'll need is on the event website:

http://www.rally.com.au/events/queensland06/documentation/

Service park is always on the oval at Imbil. and shakedown this year is only about5 mins away (on the friday).

What did the roads look like?? Are they packed or loose?? Which roads did you see?

bourbon
04-06-2006, 04:47 PM
i should still be goin...subs are gonna have to come out i think...unless if we can take up kazs commodore :p hahahahahaha!

Mad Mat
04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
if u want i can take up a trailer if any body needs **** that is to big for there car. just have to talk to the dad first.

bourbon
04-06-2006, 09:18 PM
umm i might bring up a brazier or what ever it is...to try and keep us warm while were not sleeping...and they do a good job...haha

Mad Mat
05-06-2006, 07:53 PM
yer they do a great job. i might bring one to then we can have two fires going. double the warmth. :D. any body hear of a ha-bar-chi? they are also good to.

bourbon
05-06-2006, 09:03 PM
hey nate...

can you post up more details bout this please :p im sure youll know more by now...

Ian
06-06-2006, 10:56 PM
:(

I will probobly have work. A one-off contract with CSC has come up for some emergency infastructure maintaince and installs at one of their buildings, and their paying top dollar.

Half a weeks pay in one day baby!

That being said, we could come up later? Its saturday only.

I need details about travel time to get to where were going...

bourbon
07-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I will probobly have work. A one-off contract with CSC has come up for some emergency infastructure maintaince and installs at one of their buildings, and their paying top dollar.

haha ian should you be releasing this information...isnt that classified...or breach of contract??? just stirin man...

Half a weeks pay in one day baby!

i dont no who would miss that...

That being said, we could come up later? Its saturday only.

I need details about travel time to get to where were going...

sure of course ya can...i think were all stillwaitin for final details from nate :p

Astro Boy
07-06-2006, 10:49 PM
OK.. final details...

Fri and Sat Night, Ceremonial stuff at Mooloolaba Eslpanade... Sat and Sun, Rallying... Find your way to Imbil, and you won't miss it from there... find the service park and you'll either find us, or find someone who can tell you how to get to the speccie point... last time i checked there's a small fee for shuttle bus into the forest... bring $40 including lunch and food and you'll be laughing...

Any other questions find the spectator bit at http://www.bscc.asn.au/Rally_Qld_2006.htm

Or ring myself 0439 774 126 or Nate....

bourbon
08-06-2006, 04:13 PM
okk so where bouts do we camp as most of us who are goin up are camping...

Astro Boy
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
you'll find somewhere... its not something i concern myself with often... i own a ute and a swag... ask me when i need to....

No seriously... that won't be a problem... if you're staying in imbil overnight (VERY F'n cold!) there's plenty of space in service park... hell... if some of you want to camp in out service space, your most welcome, cause we won't be there, but most of our stuff will be...

After sat competition we go back to mooloolaba for some cerimonial show off the cars stuff... then we head back to imbil sun morn... if you don't get to the friday night stuff at mooloolaba, then make sure you do on sat night...

basically just read all the spectator stuff at that website i gave you and you should be right...

BTW... Who's coming?

1. Me
2. Nate
3. ?

Ian
08-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Working saturday, but keen to come anyway!

Maybe I can put some of my super secrete classified camping skills to good use eh bourbon?

1. Me
2. Nate
3. Ian (Late saturday afternoon - will need special arangements)
4. Bec (Same)

bourbon
08-06-2006, 09:47 PM
ok well me and kaz will be up on the satday...and well be campin over night...maybe a few of us should meet up satday at sometime and then head uptogether...and nate well contact ya when were up there...and will have a brazier to keep our area warm...

1. Me
2. Nate
4. Bec (Same)
5. hairy nate
6. kaz

Astro Boy
08-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Don't try ringing me or nate come saturday, i guarantee neither of us will answer... get to imbil, follow all the cars to the service park, then come find either the rally car (green/white/black hatchbach) or the my ute which will be the service vehicle (http://aus4.unlimited-space.com/~ndscc/phpwebsite/images/photoalbum/3/IMG_8341_comp.jpg)...

Nate
08-06-2006, 10:26 PM
just to clear things up, the ute wont be grass hacking on the weekend, well not much anyway ;)

Astro Boy
08-06-2006, 10:45 PM
ah.. you forgetting what happens thurs? :p

Nate
08-06-2006, 11:36 PM
woot ... pacenoting in luxury

Mad Mat
09-06-2006, 05:27 PM
nice. ok me and my mate are coming up on saturday morning so we will be there around 8-9 ish. ok i sort of don't under stand the details. is it like free to camp there. and the $40 is for the bus and other ****. can u drive into the service park to because i will have a lot of **** there thats all.

also i am still keen for the service srew to nate. :D
1. Me
2. Nate
4. Bec (Same)
5. hairy nate
6. kaz
7.mathew (service crew)
8.brendan (mat's mate)

project.r.racing
09-06-2006, 05:34 PM
i live 10 minutes from mooloolaba and 45 minutes from the imbil showgrounds (service park.)

you cannot camp at the service park sorry!!! i'll be at the friday night party also.

i have friends running their mx5 and the evo lancer on the weekend also.

Mad Mat
09-06-2006, 06:19 PM
you cannot camp at the service park sorry!!!

:eek:

so where are we camping ? :confused:

project.r.racing
09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
:eek: so where are we camping ? :confused: thats for you to work out, i don't think nate and greg are camping, so to speak.

Ian
09-06-2006, 09:30 PM
whats wrong with the middle of the bush?

Astro Boy
09-06-2006, 09:45 PM
i'd suggest no staying imbil overnight... its fcken cold, they'll be no cars there anyway as they stay overnight at mooloolaba, so i'd find a nice camping or trailer park and camp there...

bourbon
10-06-2006, 07:34 AM
i'd suggest no staying imbil overnight... its fcken cold, they'll be no cars there anyway as they stay overnight at mooloolaba, so i'd find a nice camping or trailer park and camp there...

ok so you reckon if we go up on the satday well find somewher eto stay easily?
i thought we would be campin near the rally... but ohhh well

anywhere recommended to camp guys???

Mad Mat
10-06-2006, 10:32 AM
hey i found a place to camp if any body is interested.

we can camp at borumba dam which is 10 km away from the centre of imbil. it is $6 a night for adults and $3 for children (nate :D). there is hot showers, bbq, boat ramp and toilets and even more stuff.

i found this info in the RACQ accommodation guide numbr 4570

Astro Boy
10-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Yep, that's not far away at all... or about 1/2 hour away is a camp ground at cooloola...

project.r.racing
12-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Okay, the points of interest for the weekend. I've checked the maps and the itinerary time and this is what I'm doing for the weekend.

Friday night:-
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Heading to Mooloolaba to see the cars up close + collect showbags, etc.

Saturday Morning:-
9:15am - 10:15am
Heading to Cutters Creek (Spectator Park) to see SS2 + SS3.

Saturday Afternoon:-
12:30pm - 1:30pm
Then back to Imbil for lunch (11:30am) and then to see SS7 (800m tarmac stage through Imbil streets.) And onto the service area for a looksee.

Sunday Morning:-
8:15am - 9:15am
Heading to Cutters Creek (Spectator Park) to see SS12 + SS13, (same as SS2 + SS3 from Saturday.)

Sunday Afternoon:-
3:00pm - 4:00pm
Heading to Mooloolaba to see finishing ceremony + winners.

Most arfternoons are free so I'll either head back to Cutters Camp (Spectator Park) to see SS10/Saturday or SS19/Sunday. Or a few other longer stages on the days. There is 3 services on Saturday and 4 on Sunday to see. Saturday night I may even head to Twin Waters to see the cars at Parc Ferme if I'm allowed.

Imbil has a great takeaway in the main street that does the best All-Day Breakfasts for $7.50 - tell them I sent ya and they'll probably charge you double. So look for me or my car.

I would strongly suggest you take:-
A small hand esky -> for drinks and lunches, as sometimes it's slow getting out of the bush.
A CB radio -> so you can gather some information on upcoming situations.
If it looks like it may rain, take an umbrella -> cos it sucks being wet all day.
A change of clothes -> you just never know.
Money: -> at least $50 per day.

Carry more, not less - and you'll have a wonderful day, no matter what may happen.

Ryan
(Who is very excited!)

project.r.racing
12-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Service times at showgrounds:-
A 20 min 10:25am Saturday
B 30 min 1:15pm Saturday
C 2 hrs 3:21pms Saturday
D 20 min 7:37am Sunday
E 20 min 9:22am Sunday
F 30 min 11:53am Sunday
G 20 min 1:54pm Sunday
Finish 3:24pm Sunday

CEREMONIAL START PROCEDURES
The Ceremonial Start will take place on Friday 16 June at the Mooloolaba Esplanade.
Refer to the maps in Appendices F & K to this Guide, also refer to Article 12 of the Event Supplementary Regulations. The Road will be closed from 4:00pm. Rally Cars must be placed in the staging area between 5:30 and 6:00pm. Cars are to enter the Staging Area from the southern end (turn left into the Esplanade from Brisbane Road). An Autograph Session will take place at the Start Venue from 6:00pm onwards. Merchandise, Spectator Guides and Tickets will also be available at the Start Venue. Crew Members must be in the Staging Area from 7:00pm hours onwards and must be wearing their driving suits. Crew Members who have not attended the Competitors Briefing at Novotel Twin Waters Resort on Thursday 15 June must attend the briefing at 7:45pm which will be held at the Mooloolaba Surf Club. Crews must be ready to line up for the start by 8:15pm. Cars will be lined up in seeded starting order with the first car leaving the starting ramp by 8:30pm. After driving over the starting ramp, competitors are free to do whatever they like until the start of the event at Imbil on the Saturday morning.

Ryan

Mad Mat
12-06-2006, 11:19 AM
ok where is that place where u can camp and do u have a phone number for the place astroboy please.

where are use saying guy's i.e.(nate, greg, everyone. i need ideas where to stay. cars will be to small for to people lol)

project.r.racing
12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
As posted before, you will have to work that out all by yourself, nate and greg are doing there own thing. You really should've worked that out by now. There is a camping ground at Imbil and also Lake Borumba but I don't have the details and think it's crazy attempting to sleep the at night as it will be friggen cold.

project.r.racing
12-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Okay, I went and run the Borumba East, Cutters Short, Borumba Tower, New Traverse and Cutters West Special Stages today.

Borumba East, Borumba Tower looked to have be graded very recently.

New Traverse, smooth tracks but some large rocks also - see pics.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/imbilrecce002.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/imbilrecce001.jpg

Cutters Short is very loose gravel. I lost it on one attempted corner. There are some shallow runs there also. Where the inside of the road sits alot higher that the tyre tracks and I think I removed most of the sound deadening from the bottom of the car - see pics.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/imbilrecce003.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/imbilrecce004.jpg

Cutters West was a wild ride, it was on my way home, back to Imbil, I didn't slow down to see the scenery - see pics.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/imbilrecce009.jpg

Flying finish here for Cutters West - see pic.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/imbilrecce010.jpg

Car after Cutters West Special Stage - looks like i've got half a tree under the car. I really aim for puddles also!!! I can't help it, i like playing in the mud. :D
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/imbilrecce012.jpg

It did come at a cost - I lost the steering/air-con belt on the way home somewhere. Filter was covered in alot of dry mud. And somehow I got the top side of the strut brace covered in mud, above the intake manifold, (weird.)

Ian
13-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Awesome, looks like you had a great time.

Id really like to get into rally one day...

Astro Boy
13-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Fark Ryan you know more than me and i'm IN the rally!!!

One day to finish the car... mmm... not looking foward to it....

project.r.racing
14-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Fark Ryan you know more than me and i'm IN the rally!!!

One day to finish the car... mmm... not looking foward to it....

i'll come find ya friday night or saturday morning ok. I'll be in mooloolaba and hopefully in Imbil by 8ish Saturday morning. But you'll have done a recce by then i'm assuming.

project.r.racing
20-06-2006, 10:57 AM
scott pedder
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/qldrally007small.jpg

old skool
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/qldrally032small.jpg

oops, i broke 3rd gear
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/qldrally063small.jpg

toyota fans!!!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/queenslandrally2small.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/queenslandrally8small.jpg

rear wheel drive ford focus, kool!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/queenslandrally19small.jpg

driftio!!!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/queenslandrally77small.jpg

look, 3 wheels ma!!!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/queenslandrally82small.jpg

Ryan

project.r.racing
20-06-2006, 11:07 AM
That was a fun weekend. Friday nite was good getting up close and personal with the drivers and crews. My son got a go in the silly seat of the Lada.

On Saturday, I spent the day with Nate's ma, pa and sis. We all hung about near Cutter's Humps and watched some crazy cars do the jumps at high speeds. We all had a laugh, something to eat and took plenty of videos and photos.

Then we went back into Imbil to see the Tarmac Special Stage. That was awesome. A few cars nearly lost it exiting turn number 2.

Then onto service where we found out the Lada had killed the front left engine mount and punched a nice big dent into the bonnet. :(

Ryan

boostedbatman
20-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Ha it did that on more than one occasion
But the supercrew popped it all back together to brutalise themselves once more
Hope you both had a great time mixing it up a bit