PDA

View Full Version : [EOI] Sunshine Coast Hinterland Camping/drinking/Bonfire/Fireworks Weekend Cruise

project.r.racing
07-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Okay peps, Mark (marcs_sp20) and I after some crazy brainstorming have come up with a wonderful and exciting idea for the whole AGT family to enjoy.

We have come up with a wonderful cruise that involves the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland roads mixed with good ole' family fun.

We'd be cruising for half the day (Saturday) and then setting up camp near kenilworth for the night were large amounts of food, booze will be consumed and we will party around a bonfire singing old 80s rock songs (Gavs fav) at the top of our voices while setting of fireworks. (Thanks to Marc as he is doing the Tweed Heads run to get them.)

Then the next day (Sunday) we wake up with our hangovers, have breakfast and cruise alittle more and either head home or back to my place for some showers/dvds/real food.

What it will cost you per person:-
$5.00 camp fees (to be checked)
$5.00 for fireworks (to be supplied by Marc)
Food for your dinner and breakfast
Optional booze for getting yourself pissed

If this sounds like your cup of tea, let either Marc or myself know so we can start organising dates so we can include everyone.

Ryan + Marc

p.s. there are many twisties and no cops in kenilworth also!!! so some nightime sideways "Dangerous Gavinator Driftio" action may occur!!!

chicaboo
07-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a problem publically ****ting in a forest, any chance there will be a few portaloos handy? :p Sounds like a fun weekend away though.

bourbon
07-05-2006, 10:03 PM
yes sounds like a great idea guys! i shal be up for it... :D

project.r.racing
07-05-2006, 10:03 PM
cold showers and normal poop rooms are available to use there! fire wood supplied also.

pub at kenilworth to buy booze.
will check on camping fees but prolly $5.00 for the night.

list of stuff to bring:-
car, friends, tent, esky, food, matches, torch, dunny paper, fuel, money camera, cooking tools, drinks, fireworks, loud music, cbs, sleeping bags, marshmellows, etc

let us know what dates suit guys? or if any weekends don't etc?

Ryan + Marc

marcs_sp20
07-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I havent been able to get fireworks for a while but from memory u can get a box of the fun stuff for around $100, thats cheap considering how much fun we can have with it all.

So if u were to put in say $5 each, the fun go pretty far.

Also i thought up that this event be held in late july/early August, just so we can get the numbers up and as many members to this event as possible.

Marc + Ryan

Beckie
07-05-2006, 10:22 PM
that's a good idea.
Just think about the weather too though, Winter!!!!!
then again the august winds didn't kick in til about mid - late august last year from memory...
Spose you could just wear lots of jumpers tho :p

CRA23
07-05-2006, 10:23 PM
all i saw was fireworks and drinking, and im goin to be there

project.r.racing
07-05-2006, 10:24 PM
I havent been able to get fireworks for a while but from memory u can get a box of the fun stuff for around $100, thats cheap considering how much fun we can have with it all.
cool, so i'll get to blow some seroius s@#$ up. I am there!!!

bourbon
07-05-2006, 10:25 PM
that's a good idea.
Just think about the weather too though, Winter!!!!!
then again the august winds didn't kick in til about mid - late august last year from memory...
Spose you could just wear lots of jumpers tho :p

or have someone there to keep you warm :p haha! or you can just get so drunk you dont feel it!

project.r.racing
07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
On a more serious note, peps who are drinking will not be allowed to drive and keys will be hidden away somewhere safe for the night.
Management of this cruise does reserve the right to refuse car keys to any patrons. Failure to follow this rule could result in a kick to the balls.

Ian
07-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Well im keen. If id knowen about this last night I might of saved some funky stuff for the fireworks.

On a more serious note guys, be careful with thoes fireworks. We had one accident with minor explosives and it made a damned mess out of the poor dudes hand... The medics spent nearly two hours patching it up and even then he had to be evaced off to the local hospital.

Other then that, I dont drink, so if anyone wants a sober person around to secure keys and ****, Im your man.

boostedbatman
08-05-2006, 03:33 AM
Sounds like uber fun
We will be there me tinks
And late July there may be 2 cars from the Bat Stable
No no not the big winged avenger but something else special
Team Blue or Team Grey??
I cant yet decide
Fireworks are fun when used safely..........ish
And No attempts to blow up things, thats when the trouble starts
Especially if Alcohol is concerned
Winter Bonfires are the BOMB! And a good excuse to bring a tent for 2 :cool: And one sleeping Bag :D
Does anyone play guitar??

Successfully
Sounds like a good time to be had

Beckie
08-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Well im keen. If id knowen about this last night I might of saved some funky stuff for the fireworks.

On a more serious note guys, be careful with thoes fireworks. We had one accident with minor explosives and it made a damned mess out of the poor dudes hand... The medics spent nearly two hours patching it up and even then he had to be evaced off to the local hospital.

Other then that, I dont drink, so if anyone wants a sober person around to secure keys and ****, Im your man.

Im also a non drinker (Unless under serious stress) so the chances of me not drinking are extremely high.
hehe... Beckie's not drinking tonight..... :p

chicaboo
08-05-2006, 07:47 AM
list of stuff to bring:-
car, friends, tent, esky, food, matches, torch, dunny paper, fuel, money camera, cooking tools, drinks, fireworks, loud music, cbs, sleeping bags, marshmellows, etcAnd you guys give me a hard time for carrying a stash of toilet paper in my boot! :D You never know when you're gonna be caught out in the twisties and get bad chorro like SilverBullpit did. :p

I can play guitar, but I don't have much of a repituoiré unfortunately. Unless you like classical and such... :(

Nate
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
you know im there ... set a date and ill lock it in ... just dont make it 17/18 o june ... if you do you will have to ditch the fireworks, camp at imbil and work on a rally car ;) not that that isnt fun :p

Mad Mat
08-05-2006, 02:26 PM
On a more serious note, peps who are drinking will not be allowed to drive and keys will be hidden away somewhere safe for the night.
Management of this cruise does reserve the right to refuse car keys to any patrons. Failure to follow this rule could result in a kick to the balls.

very well put. love to come. love camping and that stuff.i don'y want any fire works in my exaust pipe tho. :p

(ians is good but just not mine :p)

Ian
08-05-2006, 03:02 PM
seriously, stay the **** away from my exhaust, thoes of you who find it funny to put stuff in there **** me right the **** off.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but once was funny, twice was getting a bit dry, 3rd time was lame and thereon after it was just irratating.

Nate
08-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Sorry if that sounds harsh, but once was funny, twice was getting a bit dry, 3rd time was lame and thereon after it was just irratating.

now you know how we feel when you rock up on a cruise :p

Ian
08-05-2006, 03:19 PM
are you joking or should I explode and start a 3 page fight?

redrush
08-05-2006, 03:28 PM
fire up?

Ian
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
rage!

redrush
08-05-2006, 03:33 PM
None of that here, hokay!

And as for me, wont be attending much for a while I'm saving 4k for work on my car, thus hopefully getting 200rwkw off kinda minimal mods! Not that I own an astina anymore though, so have fun!

Ian
08-05-2006, 03:35 PM
stuborn refusal to see others point of view or acknowledge any point made by others!

More Rage!

Also tim, 4k is not really minimal mods. But another 50 RWKW is a big jump for just the mods you have planned.

chicaboo
08-05-2006, 03:40 PM
are you joking or should I explode and start a 3 page fight?
I don't have a woman to piss me off, so feel free to explode so that I may experience the joy of unneccessary rage vicariously through you. :eek:

Ian
08-05-2006, 03:44 PM
will gavette and gavanesse be there? If so, anything they want.

chicaboo
08-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Ryan's busy with them atm, I'll see what I can do. Go service your woman dammit! :p

project.r.racing
08-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Ryan's busy with them atm, I'll see what I can do. :p what the? no one told me!

Ian
08-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah shes booked in for tonight, but times are tight and I thought I could moonlight a second job. ;)

chicaboo
08-05-2006, 04:00 PM
The moonlight money is good, but it gives you a headache after so much. :p

Mad Mat
08-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah shes booked in for tonight

wtf

and i did not mean to start a fight with u. just haveing a little joke on the thread. but if they do that then it is not funny. seriously. i would hate it if some one did that to my car. but if my car was a **** box then it would be ok but BUT SHE ISN'T.

thats my 2 cents.

i would put more in but i am poor. :(

Ian
08-05-2006, 04:17 PM
The things we do for a little cash eh?

Mat, I assume you are talking about the stuff (Unnamed People) keep putting in my exhaust? If so, thx, yes its not that cool but I do realise it was in the name of fun.

boostedbatman
08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
I have just onte thing to say If I have to read through any more bitch fighting on these threads they will be reported. I am getting fed up with it. Yes I have had my go before but now its damnwell everywhere I look to read. I am fed up with it. So grow up all or fight it via PM
Enough
This goes for everybody not just a few (me included)

*yes I will report myself :o *

Ian
08-05-2006, 04:26 PM
duuuuude ease up there... this isent a fight at all... I dunno if nate was having an honest crack or not but since he hates forum fights I assumed not.

This aint a fight. Were just having a laugh. Cant you tell?

Mad Mat
08-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I do realise it was in the name of fun.

COOL. :D

yer. i so am looking forward to this. never seen frie works out in th bush before. only at the river fire. :(

man that is going to be cold out the in july. better being a buddy.(a female one ;) )

and a bottle of the good stuff.

(which is everything with a alcohol content. hehehe :p )

Ian
08-05-2006, 04:42 PM
we better get cracking on the fireworks then. Im not sure where to buy them from, but marcus is taking care of it isent he?

project.r.racing
08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
we need peps to tell us when they are not available, example: -

nate,gav, ryan, matt - 17/18 june rally of qld

any other times peps aren't available? like it people are on holidays, away at competitions and so forth. we need to know so we can saet a date when everybody can come, cheers.

Ryan + Marc

bourbon
08-05-2006, 05:12 PM
ryan yes ill get back to you when kaz is free...i should be free 999% of the weekends :p hahahaha...

project.r.racing
08-05-2006, 09:59 PM
i should be free 999% of the weekends :p hahahaha... if you go over 100% then thats every weekend!!! :p hahahahaha...

Ian
08-05-2006, 11:01 PM
and then some...

Your gona be comming on cruises after your dead burbon. Could be worse tho.

bourbon
08-05-2006, 11:02 PM
burbon

its "BOURBON" i swear you need to drink it one time to remember how to spell it... :p hahah

why could it be worse?

marcs_sp20
11-05-2006, 04:35 PM
So has enyone got any dates that u cannot attend for me and ryan??? Need to know ASAP so we can start organising qucik smart

Oh and Burboon, we forgive u :p

bourbon
11-05-2006, 05:11 PM
hahaha ill talk to kaz tonight to find out when shes away...hopefully shes back from melbourne before that time...get back to yas :p

project.r.racing
14-05-2006, 09:16 PM
dates people cannot come, copy and add where needed

Ryan - August 20th, Motorkhana

Beckie
14-05-2006, 10:26 PM
For me as far as I know I should be ok whenever.
no dates have come up for me yet that are that far forward.

Red Frog
21-05-2006, 05:01 PM
guys, i'm tentitively (is that a word?) interested if it falls on the 1st/2nd july or the 8th/9th july weekends. and that last weekend is my b'day, so what a great excuse to set off sum fireworks! ;) lol thou regardless of dates, i will be up in QLD from the 2nd-10th july, staying on the gold coast for a weeks holiday. now, time for me to catch up on lost sleep....:p

Ian
23-05-2006, 04:46 PM
16/17th is out for me, will be away with work.

marcs_sp20
25-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Seeing how things arent really going anywhere, we should make it around september now. Gives everyone some time to give some feedback etc.

Marc

89sp1.8
25-05-2006, 03:57 PM
yeah unless sumthin important comes up im in.
oh ya i play guitar too :D me and gav can rip it up lol :p

bourbon
25-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Seeing how things arent really going anywhere, we should make it around september now. Gives everyone some time to give some feedback etc.

Marc

if you make it then maybe make it on one of the footy grand final weeekends?
have fun drinkin listenin to it on the radio...could be good :D

Red Frog
25-05-2006, 09:06 PM
sounds good i'm there - but how bout the Oct long weekend instead, or at least the weekend of sept/oct school holidays?? i think that would suit most ppl. just make sure it's not the weekend of the 30th sept, as i hav special powers to boss gav, hairy nate and nudge boy around, oh and we gotta go to canberra too :D muhahaha ;)

89sp1.8
19-06-2006, 07:37 PM
**bump** any progress atm?

lilsweet
02-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I'd love to come especially if it is in the school holidays. I havent got my license yet. Im a few months off been able to take myself there but if I can go with someone I'm so in

project.r.racing
02-09-2006, 10:00 PM
hello and welcome to the forums

look at the cooloola festival of cars thread in the queensland section... i think that'll be our camping trip i hope.

Tublade
04-09-2006, 11:37 AM
i'll like to attend once a date has been set so i can organise time off.

project.r.racing
04-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Saturday 4th November
Sunday 5 November

everyone happy with this date?

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7404

ryan

Beckie
04-09-2006, 11:59 AM
i'd be happy with that :)

bourbon
04-09-2006, 02:13 PM
sounds good! how much would a rough guess be to camp?

project.r.racing
04-09-2006, 02:25 PM
sounds good! how much would a rough guess be to camp? $2.00 a person i think it is, will get back to you on that also.