PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Challange / Motorkhana / Cam Licensing Info

project.r.racing
08-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Dude, any given pass over Glorious is more wear and tear than the QLD Challenge...

Ok... 1. you need a nav... anyone... basic map stuff... not hard...

2. 2kg worth of fire extinguishers...
3. Basic looking first aid kit...
4. If your car has the battery in the factory standard position then you don't need a blue triangle...
5. Car club membership... $35
6. Cams license, one time licenses can be had for about the same amount...

That's IT!

Seriously guys, get an AGT group together... this is the most fun you'll have with a standard street car in one day...

$110 bucks, all costs, lunch included....

Last year's closed speed sections included the autocross track, 2. sprint round QUT gatton campus, 3. sprint down prince henry drive at toowoomba, and a couple sprints round wivenhow dam...

Its not more risk that anything you guys do an any street on any given day, except that you know no one is coming the other day...

I'm entering my brand new $33k ute full well knowing that if anything happens to it my rally and financial carreers are in ruines... so you guys have no excuses!!!

Posted by Astro Boy

project.r.racing
08-05-2006, 08:04 AM
so both driver and nav need a cams licence, and how hard are the cams licenes to get ive been thinking to get one for while but allways gone cbf?
http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?...rs&ObjectID=311

it's really simple, check out link.

ryan

project.r.racing
08-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Looks like at least a few of us will be getting the 2S licenses, I'm thinking if the PC license cos I wanna start running queensland raceway in pro cup / modded streets. At $341 + $44 cams handbook, I better start saving now.

There is a Motorkhana at Federal which is just north of cooroy this Sunday (Mother's Day.) $20 entry if you wanna play...
If you wanna see some grass / dirt action? Come to this. Blue Lightning will be in it!!! Or you can just come and watch. I think lunch may be provided. Greg???

ryan

Nate
08-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Dude, any given pass over Glorious is more wear and tear than the QLD Challenge...

Ok... 1. you need a nav... anyone... basic map stuff... not hard...

2. 2kg worth of fire extinguishers...
3. Basic looking first aid kit...
4. If your car has the battery in the factory standard position then you don't need a blue triangle...
5. Car club membership... $35
6. Cams license, one time licenses can be had for about the same amount...

That's IT!

Seriously guys, get an AGT group together... this is the most fun you'll have with a standard street car in one day...

$110 bucks, all costs, lunch included....

Last year's closed speed sections included the autocross track, 2. sprint round QUT gatton campus, 3. sprint down prince henry drive at toowoomba, and a couple sprints round wivenhow dam...

Its not more risk that anything you guys do an any street on any given day, except that you know no one is coming the other day...

I'm entering my brand new $33k ute full well knowing that if anything happens to it my rally and financial carreers are in ruines... so you guys have no excuses!!!

get ready to die wrx's :p

if anyone wants to know what the queensland challenge is about or is thinking about entering we will get a group together at my place on a weekend for a bbq / beverages and i will go over everything the event involves so you know exactly what is going to happen and how safe it all is!

Quick run down :

As greg said its a touring road event. You rock up in the morning, they give you a road book (all your directions) and a time card. the idea of the event is to get from a to b (usually starts at willowbank, up to toowoomba and back to ippy somewhere) with closed road sections along the way where you are timed over a small section of road.

using the road book and the instructions enclosed you have to navigate your car over a set route gathering clues and answering questions along the way. along hte route you will encounter closed sections of road whre you go as fast or as slow as your like to set a time. there are approximately 5-7 of these sections varying from 500m to 3 kms of road, all under extremly safe controlled conditions

winners get prizes and what not and its a great way to meet a lot of people and when the cost is that of your average speeding ticket (and you get to keep you points) why wouldnt you enter??

if anyone wants to know more PM me or suggest a date for a bit of a info evening (aka piss up)

the event is generally run around the end of july!

Ian
08-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, im intrested as either a driver or a nav, so if anyones looking for a nav or to be a nav, hit me up.

Astro Boy
08-05-2006, 01:42 PM
This year its end of Aug i think! Any questions PM me or Nate...

For those interested this weekend's motorkhana would be an excellent place to start, and i'm the event sponsor, so PLZ show up!!!

I'll also probably have a stage sponsored in the QLD Challenge aswell...

Do it!!! Seriously you guys don't know what you're missing out on!!!

Ian
08-05-2006, 01:51 PM
i wont have the money :S not yet. I went for a job interview today that went well, and if sucessful I should have some breathing room on my finances (enough to get coilovers and a respray asap) but I dont know how soon there looking at starting.

I would like to get more involved with the road-rally events. off road is out of the question for the astina once it gets resprayed tho.

QuicKSilveR
08-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I've been looking for better suspension.......down the track i also wanna race the laser (instead of just 1/4)

Astro Boy
08-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Ok... here we go again?!?!?! where is the relation between needing fully sik fluro coilovers, and doing club level motorsport?!?!

There's some serious over-compensation issues going on here guys... If you do 5 events and get practise, are you going to be faster or slower than having done one event with your fully sik suspension setup?!?! And which ones better value for money... Start putting your money where all your hotshot mouths are and get out there...

I'm yet to have a car with coilovers and i've got a state title to my name... "1.2L single cam FWD.... What's your excuse?"

boostedbatman
09-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Ok... here we go again?!?!?!
I'm yet to have a car with coilovers and i've got a state title to my name... "1.2L single cam FWD.... What's your excuse?"
Ummmm :rolleyes:
Im building it :p

But you know my intentions
And they're not innocent :D

Ian
09-05-2006, 10:44 AM
I never said i wouldnt compete without coilovers. All I said is that if I get this job, I will get them, and even if I do I wont recieve my first pay for probobly another 3 weeks, allowing 1 week until start date, then a 2 week pay cycle, so im not sure if I will have money enough to compete before then.

Astro Boy
09-05-2006, 05:23 PM
meh... i'm over it! :p

project.r.racing
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
when is the info night happening please?

Astro Boy
12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok guys... just found out that i can take passengers whilst competiting in this sunday's motorkhana!!! An even better chance to get up close and personal!!!