PDA

View Full Version : Search for white Tail-Light European-!!TAIL!! Foglight

Gotti
20-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Hi @ all!

First of all sorry for my bad English :oops:

I'm a young Lantis-Fan from Austria (Europe) and I'm looking for a white foglight for the tail of my Lantis! It's the left one from the faceplate of the car boot. In Europe (Germany, Austria) the Lantis has a white and a red one! I want to displace the red one by a white one!

Is anybody here who can help me to get someone?? *perhapse cheap and easy*??

Thanks a lot!

mfg
Michael

MyCar: http://mazda-community.de/page/lantis15.php?get=member&id=9 8)

BigMal
21-05-2003, 01:13 PM
The rear sctions here are all dual white for the reverse lights. They
are glued in so is not an easy process the change them. The rear
section also is not cheap to buy here so I cannot recomend a cheap
answer for you. Sorry we are just lucky I guess.

Regards

Mal

MrShadow
21-05-2003, 01:36 PM
First off, welcome to the boards!!

Secondly, we've already had somebody from Europe ask this exact same question, and unfortunatley the answer was the same as Big Mals above. Sorry... :(

Gotti
22-05-2003, 07:15 PM
:? no :cry: no :cry: no :cry:

is there realy no chance to get such a light?? Doesn't anybody now any scrapyard, where i can get something? My Lantis is a 96th year of manufacture, and my fog light isn't glued in :shock:
Perhapse somebody knows anybody in Japan who can sale me something?? :(

Cosmo Dude
22-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Gotti,
Can you show us some pictures? (web sites) It may be easier for us to understand.

Rod

Gotti
22-05-2003, 10:18 PM
look here http://www.astinagt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458&highlight=kahl

the car has two white Backlights! I will need the left one, because in Europe this one is red!! :cry:

Cosmo Dude
22-05-2003, 10:38 PM
I will have a look tomorrow.
Knowing Mazda they will want to sell the entire pannel. If that is so I will look for a good used one.
If it is legal in Austria is something for you :lol:

Rod

Gotti
22-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Thank's a lot!! :D

I'll hope you will find one, because i can't see the red one anymore, I think it breaks the optic of the car boot

greets
Gotti

BigMal
22-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Gotti,
Just to be clear its not a fog light its a reverse light that only comes on
when you put the car in reverse unless yours are wired different to ours.
Are you absolutely possitive your red piece is not glued in as all of ours
are and glued in very well.

Ta

Mal

BigMal
23-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Gotti,
That thread you referred us to. The guy Kahlua ended up getting them
in europe from a place xxx. Wouldn't that be the cheaper way for you to
go as well ?? Maybe give us some details about this place to save us
time when the next Austrian asks this question.

Ta

Mal

Gotti
23-05-2003, 12:14 AM
I#m sure that mine isn't glued in, because i had removed it before on week because i've paint the panel in my car colour!!!

Thats not important for me if it's a reverse or fog light, electrical things are no problems for me! :roll:

Kahula won't tell me where he has this ligth from, and i'm looking since a long time..... :cry:

BigMal
23-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Thats a bit of a low act by Kahlua not to tell you. Wont help
him if he comes here again.

Will look around for you.

Do a search for Lantishe and they have a shop SKPH or something like
that have a look on there.

Regards

Mal

StreetRacer
23-05-2003, 02:17 AM
shop SKPH

what is this ?

it's a site ?

shmulik

bRaDiNhO
23-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Lantische Site:

http://www.netlaputa.ne.jp/~haha/lantische/

It's Japanese so a lot of the symbols are weird.

Cosmo Dude
23-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Much to the suprise of Frankston Mazda the lefthand reverse light lenz is a seperate item BC6A-51-250 and (Drumroll) costs AUD $71.30 :shock:
Postage is about $10.

Rod

mrpayner
23-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Holy mother of god......That's a bit ridiculous!!!!! $70 for a bit of freaken plastic!

My goodness!

Adam

Cosmo Dude
23-05-2003, 09:01 PM
Who knows what Mazda thinks when they come up with these prices. Maybe they think that NASA will buy them or that the insurance companys are a bunch of suckers.
For these parts we are a captive market until someone else decides to help us out.

You have the part number to check my story. If I have the wrong part then correct me.

Rod

Trav
24-05-2003, 03:10 PM
prices are based on a number of factors. First it starts off with manufacturing cost. No matter how small, you still have to look at the life of the product it will be in (ie the car), then take into consideration the life of the part (ie the light). The you go into all sorts of calculations to see how many you need to make to ensure there is enough spare parts to cover the life of the car, + accidents. Weigh up that you might need to keep the moulds (ie store the moulds - this == more cost) to make more later, as well as the cost of warehousing the manufactured parts before sale.

I am not siding with mazda here, as some parts are outrageously high, but these are just some of the things that are not considered by the consumer when looking at cost of components. This is why maccas is cheap - high turnover of the same product. With cars it just doesn't work like that.

Well - enough of logistics, i gotta get back to my usability test procedure...

mrpayner
24-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Talking about exceptionally high mazda pricing......Just out of curiosity today I went down to the spare parts division at the Mazda dealer to enquire about "factory" replacement dampers for the Astina. The dude got out his little book and flipped a card under the microfilm style reader that they have here. It would seem, according to the card, that the particular damper for my VIN number [there are ranges of VIN numbers for subtle changes that were made over the years] that the damper needed for my particular model and VIN is NOT being imported for replacement and that they would cost me [as a guesstimate] around $390EA for the damper....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now that is freaken ridiculous!! Koni Sports cost $250EA, I'd be getting those instead!!

Adam

Cosmo Dude
24-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Talking about exceptionally high mazda pricing......
they would cost me [as a guesstimate] around $390EA for the damper....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now that is freaken ridiculous!! Koni Sports cost $250EA, I'd be getting those instead!!

Adam

You do that and the insurance vultures will pick your bones clean. It aint fair but true.
Best option would be to buy the Koni sports and replace the branding with Koni standard.

I've said in another post that the 90 degree exhaust pipe from the cast headers to the next pipe (about 350mm) is $480, no alternative but a set of $380 extractors, good for performance but bad for insurance.

Rod

P.S. Not happy with the situation either.

mrpayner
25-05-2003, 11:21 AM
You do that and the insurance vultures will pick your bones clean. It aint fair but true.
Best option would be to buy the Koni sports and replace the branding with Koni standard.

Rod,

So, going by what you're saying here. If I were to upgrade my suspension using those lovely yellow Koni's and then something happened to my car, you're saying that upon the insurance dude seeing those koni's that they won't pay up?? If so, why not? It's a damper! Wouldn't it be in the same position with anything other than a "factory item"?? [eg, lowering, stereo, engine mods???] That is, of course, unless you tell your insurance agency about these mods. In which case you can say that you've replaced the factory dampers with suitable replacements that are superior to factory specifications.

Also, if you just replace the branding on the damper they're going to know what you've done. It's not hard to research the difference between models, especially as the Koni Sport is yellow and the normal Koni is red.... :wink: Why not just get it sprayed black and roll it in the mud, that why you can't tell the difference! :lol: :lol:

Adam

dfvadr
25-05-2003, 05:36 PM
hey guys talking about pricing from mazda i just made enquiries about tail lights for the sp's an they told me the right one is $173 an the left one is $162 now thats weird

Cosmo Dude
25-05-2003, 05:46 PM
You may be right Adam. Best to use caution when using 'SPORT' parts on your car, remember the insurance companies and the law may not see your improvements the same way you do.
I had so many headaches with the stock HB 12A 6 port Cosmo that the 13B Turbo conversion was a blessing (now it is modified) :wink:

Cosmo Dude
26-05-2003, 08:39 PM
I've just looked in the service manual and it shows that the lenz is held in by one (count 'em) one screw. Truth may be different to what the manual shows. Page T3-18 :wink: