PDA

View Full Version : Canberra cruise wrap - Had a great day

Critter
25-11-2002, 07:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Just to say that I had a great day (after a bit of mucking around at the start, but you get that....).

Good to catch up with everyone and "yack Astina".

sik_astina's car looking awesome now that sticker is gone off its ar$e :D

Looking at Mal's "tap the throttle and GO!" on the freeway had me thinking (more...) gotta get me some of that.....

Some damn fine rides about the place and good people that belong to them (and yes that includes Eric and Dean with the "ring-ins") :)

All Good. Anytime fellas.[/color:post_uid0]

EZZY
25-11-2002, 09:05 PM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]yeah, had a great day....except for the 8hrs driving in total.
can we go somewhere nearby next time?

yes mick, we are still waiting for the photos!!!

& thank tony for the hospitality! :D[/color:post_uid0]

IZG-00D
25-11-2002, 09:28 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]i have the photos of mick and his EX-cyber car...
if anyone wants a copy of the pics i took, let me know and i'll email it to you. i still have it on the digicam.[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
25-11-2002, 09:29 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Yeah I had a great time too. *After the inital don't want to
go because my car is all bingled feeling I ended up having
a great day. *The drive home with all the thunder was way
cool. *Love the smell after the rain so loved driving through
it. *So thanks for a good day. *Oh and the arm is still good
and red *:(

Regards

Mal
p.s Critter, remember each one of those highway overtaking
passes chews through the fuel. *I used a lot less on the way
back cause wasn't doing it anywhere near as much. *Fuel
guage works opposite to the boost guage *:( * But wouldn't
have it any other way *:D[/color:post_uid1]

BigMal
25-11-2002, 09:43 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Hey Mick,
Just wanted to say your car looked sick on the road when I
dropped back and followed behind you. Makes the car look
fatter without any clutter like the cyber badge on the back.
Your's looked great as well Peter. Just that you hung back
a bit too far for me to do it often. The BA Hatches have a
real glued to the road look from a distance which is great.
Looked ominous the dark shape on Micks ready to pounce
on Critters car in front.

Regards

Mal[/color:post_uid1]

IZG-00D
25-11-2002, 09:54 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]thanks mal. you guys where to fast for me to tail. plus it started to rain on the way home. i have a few great shots of your car from behind with the 18s chromes shinning and perfect ride height. i wish my car where that low. (and also one shot focus on my side mirror with you and mick in the reflection)

i had a great day except for the long drive and the dead insects on the front bar (I SHOULD HAVE SPRAYED THE FRONT BAR WITH INSECT REPELLANT), but was worth it. finally got to meet some of the guys in the forum.

mick, send me a copy of the pics you/leanne took.
thanks[/color:post_uid0]

EZZY
25-11-2002, 10:15 PM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]can i have some pics too?
man, i wished i had my mazda yesterday. oh well, maybe one day in near future. :([/color:post_uid0]

IZG-00D
25-11-2002, 10:20 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]no probs eric.... ill send them to you tonight onto your yahoo account.
NOTE: all pics are on email size cause Hi Resollution is too big to send over dial up.

some1 should organize another cruise for ALL astina owners to attend (no excuse)... including EZZY
:D[/color:post_uid0]

EZZY
26-11-2002, 12:18 AM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]in that case, i will have to pull my fingers out of my "sore ares from yesterday's driving" and get that thing running?
the front end is still on two stands and dan's engine is still sitting on the ground.
no pete, dont send them to my yahoo account. send it to my other one. thanks.[/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht
26-11-2002, 12:26 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]still? wow! :O but when you've got a TT to drive, fair enough :;):[/color:post_uid0]

pr1mo
26-11-2002, 12:31 AM
[quote:post_uid0="IZG-00D"][color=#000000:post_uid0]some1 should organize another cruise for ALL astina owners to attend (no excuse)... including EZZY
:D[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]pete,
the idea of a melbourne/sydney members weekend campout in aulbury was thrown around some months ago.

could happen......who knows![/color:post_uid0]

zoom
26-11-2002, 01:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Had a great day except had to leave to baby sit my niece. Thanks to mal and tony for convincing me to put the turbo engine in (all that is needed is to convince my girl friend its a good idea).
Great to put some faces to names. Tony I have a number for you to try for the fuel relay. Call me and I'll give you the details.
Maybe wollongong should be the next one Close for canberra and sydney guys.[/color:post_uid0]

sik astina
26-11-2002, 01:07 AM
[color=#0000FF:post_uid2]Yeah guys

I had a great day, as did Leanne. The last pic I took on my roll was a shot of Peter's car so I'll have to get my mate with his digital to get a pic of me removing my "oh so popular" cyber sticker on the front :p Arse end sure does look alot better without it though doesnt it! :D

As soon as I get the pics developed I'll scan em and put em on my site for all to see (not that I got that many pics). Hey Pete, did you get any good shots of my car (and others)? You can send em to my e-mail when you got the time if you like.

Thanks to Tony and the Canberra guys for taking us around canberra. Great to meet up with everyone again after so long without a cruise.

How about the next cruise be in Wollongong?? :cool: There's a beach you can actually swim in (unlike that lake thing near that flagpole lol) And it also gives Theo and Nay no excuse coz they got my place to stay at hehe :p

-Mick[/color:post_uid2]

BigMal
26-11-2002, 02:05 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]We could always do a sat/sun overnight thing down the
south coast rent out a whole motel or something go swimming,
fishing getting pissed etc etc etc. I liked the lunch yesterday
sitting around having a chat about not just cars but normal
stuff as well. Maybe in the new year whilst everybody is still
in the festive mood and lots of people are on holidays and not
worried about work monday.

Regards

ABC
26-11-2002, 02:23 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid2]Had a great time as well. Was great to sit around and yak about cars and everything else like Mal said.

With my [b:post_uid2]very[/b:post_uid2] standard V6 I felt underpowered, undermodified, too quiet and [b:post_uid2]much[/b:post_uid2] too high off the ground - but was very welcome and had a great day. :)

Apart from waiting an hour and a half for you Sydney siders to arrive :p

Will make a point of making it to the next one and will keep [b:post_uid2]JJ[/b:post_uid2] informed as he is not on the boards.

Thanks again!

Andy. :)[/color:post_uid2]

IZG-00D
26-11-2002, 02:52 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]for the ppl with ICQ and wants a copy of the pics i took, let me know and ill just send them on ICQ as it is faster there instead of email.

mick, i have a few shots of your car on the road which looks better when moving and a few shots on the grass shoot out. i didnt get to take alot of pics cause my 64meg memory stick was set to the highest resollution.

eric, which yahoo? you have two accounts.

BTW thanks to the canberra ppl for the tour![/color:post_uid0]

OY33AH
26-11-2002, 04:32 AM
[color=#FF00FF:post_uid7]Hey Andy, If the next cruise is in the Gong, you wont be the only stock astina there :p I'll definitely bring my baby along for the trip. (a whole 15 minute drive for me lol)

I thought the Canberra cruise was great, good to see so many come along and nice meeting all of you. Can't wait to see the pics!

~Leanne~[/color:post_uid7]

Mr_Bob
26-11-2002, 06:29 AM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]thanks guys (and gals) for making me feel welcome!
have to say you're a friendly bunch
i put my pics up in another topic to avoid cluttering this up.
if you like any particular shot, let me know and i'll email you the high res version.
i think the panorama is at full res, not sure on that, still trying to work out my software :)
(it's actually 2 shots merged)[/color:post_uid0]

Critter
26-11-2002, 09:51 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Panorama shot looks awesome :)[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
26-11-2002, 12:54 PM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]In regards to Mal's idea, I got a house at Copacabana on the central coast. One weekend when I'm back we can do all that.... in return for u all staying I get free beer tho :D[/color:post_uid0]

BigBoyLemonade
26-11-2002, 06:12 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thanks everybody for coming down! I hope you had a great day! The next cruise will be in wollongong or newcastle...[/color:post_uid0]

kyra
27-11-2002, 12:11 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Sounded like a top cruise....

Mal, if you head a fair way down the coast for this weekend away, i'd definately been interested in coming up to meet you guys... fishing, surfing, drinking... sounds like a top idea.

cheers,
Bill[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow
27-11-2002, 01:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]In regards to Mal's idea, I got a house at Copacabana on the central coast. One weekend when I'm back we can do all that.... in return for u all staying I get free beer tho [/quote:post_uid0]

I like the sound of that, I live at Saratoga, just West of Copa. Lovely area.[/color:post_uid0]

TwoJays
27-11-2002, 05:57 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid2]Hey Guys... It's JJ from the cruise (can't have two letter usernames!!!!)...I'm still here after a crappy day at work, so I figured I'd run the gauntlet to the bulletin boards (no one here to bust me!).

Just wanted to echo the sentiments of everyone else thus far...I had a great day, nice to meet everyone!!!! It's a pity I had to leave early...no doubt big mal would've been up for a beer if I'd been able to hang around longer...

Oh, and thanks to everyone for coming to my girlfriends cafe for lunch! Hopefully the Macchiato food was of an acceptable standard! Judging by Mal's Nachos+Garden Salad+three bourbons+a stoli it can't have been all bad!!!![/color:post_uid2]

BigMal
27-11-2002, 09:32 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]What happened to the mates rates then if its the GF's cafe.
Or maybe a buy 3 get the 4th free on the Jim Beams.
Don't be making me out to be a pisshead mate. That Stoli
was for Leanne !! I Needed a drinking buddy :)

Trav
28-11-2002, 02:57 AM
[color=#3A6EA5:post_uid0]mal, we don't need to make you out to be a piss head, we do read your other posts and you do a fine job of that yourself... :p just teasing...[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow
28-11-2002, 03:05 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]mal, we don't need to make you out to be a piss head, we do read your other posts [/quote:post_uid0]
And look at your new avatar :p[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
29-11-2002, 04:15 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Its all good guys. I am not the type who worries
about what other people think of me. If they cant see
me as a fun loving guy who likes the occasional
little drink then thats their problem. I have been laying
on thick all the grog comments this week just to stir
the old pot a bit, same with the Avatar.

Grog is good for you anyway. Kills all the bad and sad
cells first. Thats why you start feeling better and
smiling usually within an hour of starting your drinking.
Cant argue with them facts.

Regards

sik astina
29-11-2002, 07:41 AM
[color=#0000FF:post_uid5]hey guys....

I removed my front Cyber sticker yesterday! Didnt get any pics of it just yet, but you can all ask Leanne if you don't believe it! :p

My windscreen is now home to a sexy "Ezzystyle" sticker (thanks Eric) which I must admit is a hell of an improvement!

Just thought you all would like to know :p :;):

-Mick[/color:post_uid5]

EZZY
29-11-2002, 08:48 AM
[color=#000080:post_uid14]thanks mick.
that reminds me to order more stickers :D[/color:post_uid14]

Critter
29-11-2002, 08:19 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Onya Mick!![/color:post_uid0]