PDA

View Full Version : Cooloola Skid Pan Day - 20th August 2006

project.r.racing
22-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Okay all you load mouthed and internet racers. :D Here's the chance you have been waiting for you stick it you your fellow Queensland AGT member(s.)

There is another Skid Pan day on the 20th of August, 2006 in Gympie. It was an awesome day the last one of these events that I ran in.

There'll be none of this turbo vs. NA crap that normally goes on, as the extra power doesn't really matter out on the pan. It's all about your car control and you as the driver. It don't matter if you are running a stocko car either. Give it a go...

Where else can you go and get your car sideways with the knowledge that the cops won't hunt you down and the fact that you cannot bust up the car also?

Who is prepared to try to give me a ass kicking? And I have no problem losing either! As much as I'll try to not let you win. Toyota, mazda, ford? Bring it on!!! :D:D:D

Giving all you peps 4 weeks notice so you all can get ready for it. So no one can pike out on it. I'll be very, very dissappointed if no one from AGT shows up this time again. Hope to see you there. Put your name on the list if you wanna come and any ideas for the day regards our AGT club.

- My Ideas -
-> I have all my camera gear sorted out now, so who wants a pic of there car fooly hetic bro sideways action with massive negative lock?
-> Big breakfast at my place in the morning as I know most of you will be driving far distances.
-> Or afternoon/evening BBQ. Was great last time!

Ryan

deejayryry
- add name -

Astro Boy
23-07-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm in, will bring the utility!!! :p

Its had practise! ;)
http://www.ndscc.org/phpwebsite/images/photoalbum/3/1147690750_IMG_8338_comp.jpg

BTW, when ryan says he expects to see at least one AGT member, i DONT count...

Of course we all know the real reasons... at the end of the day, what you don't know can't hurt you.... right?

Anyways, cya there!

deeyaryry
Astro Boy
- add name -

Ian
23-07-2006, 01:10 PM
deeyaryry
Astro Boy
Ian

Ohhh Yeah

Giggidy Giggidy

marcs_sp20
23-07-2006, 01:23 PM
deeyaryry
Astro Boy
Ian
marcs_sp20

This shall be fun as!!!!

project.r.racing
24-07-2006, 10:47 AM
deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian
marcs_sp20

coolies to greg, ian and marc for giving it a run. apart from gregand myself, have you guys done anything like this before? if not, you are gonna love it.

event starts a 10am, so kinda need to need to get there about 9am or so to register. must show current driver license and car must have current registeration also. entry fee is $25. event is in gympie, 149km/1.5 hours from aspley mcdonalds. so some people will need to get up early to start driving. a few of the long distance guys may be able to stay here saturday night, but that will be confirmed closer to the event's date.

ryan

Beckie
24-07-2006, 12:22 PM
any room for spectators?

chicaboo
24-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Beckie, you wanna see what it looks like for a certain someone from outside of the car from a change? :p

I might be going, I'll see how things are coming together for me closer to the date...

Beckie
24-07-2006, 12:38 PM
lol...
i love going in skidpans and watching cars play in them :p, just don't particularly want to do anything with my astra atm though after putting a certain little dint in her after a night of emotional driving a few weeks ago...(Perhaps females shouldn't drive when emotional after all lol) i'm sorta apologising to her still at the moment :p and want to get my confidence up again.
I've tried to get up to gympie for one of these days a couple of times with a few of my other car mates....but something seems to come up each time lol so i'd like to actually make it up there :D

chicaboo
24-07-2006, 12:45 PM
The Mt Cotton skidpan is a little more than 10mins from my house, but I've never been to watch or participate funnily enough...

project.r.racing
24-07-2006, 01:28 PM
any room for spectators? there's always room for spectators, cost to you - $nil.

gav cuz bro - you better come, the SP18 needs a good track day :D

Beckie
24-07-2006, 01:32 PM
lol ok sounds good.
count me in then :D

bourbon
24-07-2006, 06:16 PM
might be up for it...not 100% sure yet...as i need money to pay off debts and so on...ohhh and a wedding to goto :p hahaha

Astro Boy
25-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Ryan - You don't need a CTP extention?
- Can you take passengers? If not, why not!!! You can in grass motorkhana's! :p
- Do you reckon i could get away with saying the ute is RWD?! :D

project.r.racing
26-07-2006, 05:13 PM
no need for CTP extension, you CAN take passengers.

yu only need drivers license and rego...

ute as RWD yes, i was competing in 4cyc RWD before i relised that i ticked the wrong box. was competing against turbo 4s and winning. :D but changed classes after 2 stages back to FWD. they don't check so i think it would be fine.

ryan

Ian
27-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Yeah this should be good. Ive been on the Mt Cotton skidpan before as part of my driver courses.... Their well setup there!

chicaboo
27-07-2006, 09:41 AM
You've been on the Mt Glorious skid pan before... I hear they are well set up with guardrails. :p

Ian
27-07-2006, 10:33 AM
?

Ive never hit a guard rail on glorious, whered you get that from?

chicaboo
27-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh, whatever you drove your car into back in June when you damaged the front...

Mad Mat
27-07-2006, 11:02 AM
hey i'm up for it. so u can have passangers on this thing right. lol i might get my mate with the lada to come. lol :P

just closer to date call me or sms me. 0403061678 thanks

deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian
marcs_sp20
mad mat

project.r.racing
27-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh, whatever you drove your car into back in June when you damaged the front... a nebo tree?

bourbon
27-07-2006, 04:04 PM
yeah it was nebo :p hahahahhahah!

Ian
28-07-2006, 09:27 AM
tree-stump to be precise.

Sneaky bastards thoes tree-stumps. They snuck up on me!

chicaboo
28-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Shouldn't be too many of those near the skid pan I hope. There's a track down south that has trees not so far from 2 or 3 of the corners, Winton I think? And then there is the track at Stapylton that is always getting closed down, it's got trees galore if you get it wrong, and a lake too!

Beckie
28-07-2006, 12:51 PM
hmm darlington park raceway (not sure if it's still open) but i remember doing a couple of car launches there with my old work.
On one that I didnt get to attend, i remember hearing about how one of the drivers tried to drift one of the new cars just on the track and ran it into a tree...
there's a fair few trees around that course.

Astro Boy
02-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Bump! ;)

project.r.racing
02-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Bump! ;) someone is eager. doon't worry, i am counting the day until this event arrives, 18 days to go!!!

chicaboo
02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
oh well, atleast I will hav my nice shocks on by then. Tell me, how taxing is a skidpan on ones tyres? Should I put my old barely legal Sumitomos back on just for this event?

Astro Boy
02-08-2006, 07:15 PM
No...

project.r.racing
02-08-2006, 07:18 PM
oh well, atleast I will hav my nice shocks on by then. Tell me, how taxing is a skidpan on ones tyres? Should I put my old barely legal Sumitomos back on just for this event? nebo would hurt your tyres more that a skidpan. i only did 6km in the last event - 2km travel between stages and 2 km of wheel spin. it's very easy on the car's suspension and tyres.

chicaboo
02-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Phat, now I only have to worry about an early start to drive there. :p

project.r.racing
02-08-2006, 07:27 PM
well you guys should organise something between yourselves to get here. only 2nd time i don't have to drive the furtherest. i'm happy to do a big breakfast here, but that means getting here a 7am with means leaving aspley about 6ish.

project.r.racing
05-08-2006, 04:59 PM
deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian
marcs_sp20
mad mat

2 weeks to go!!! :D any motorsports peoples gonna come?

project.r.racing
12-08-2006, 05:54 AM
deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian
marcs_sp20
mad mat
- add name here -

1 week to go!!! Everyone on the list has my mobile number. Call me to find out details, (after 4pm please.)

Any AGT motorsports peoples gonna come? eg B3M.

Gav gonna come? And after Tambo last weekend, don't tell me the box is busted.
Anyone on the list now not coming? Please let me know.

Good chance for a new AGT cruise! You can also come and watch, it's all free. Maybe get a ride in someone's car too. A good way to spend 6 hours.

It's a 300km return trip from Aspley.

BBQ + cold drinks are sold there by the kart club to raise funds for there club.

Ryan

chicaboo
12-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Tentative yes.

Astro Boy
13-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Skirt! :p

chicaboo
13-08-2006, 09:25 AM
I went for a 300km hell ride yesterday after getting my wheel alignment (which was out by miles), and the car got better throughout the day, or atleast I got arsier? Anyhow, it should do ok on a skidpan now I bleev.

deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian (will drop out)
marcs_sp20
mad mat
Chicaboo

project.r.racing
13-08-2006, 12:24 PM
directions for people that are gonna just turn up on the day. i'll be there at 9pm unless something else is organised before hand.

1. turn right into pronger pde - its as you are entering gympie. aussie rules club on on the left. just passed a 80kph zone and a caltex petrol station.
2. turn right again and then down to the far corner,
3. thru gates into roadtek driver training centre,
4.left then go up to the back,
5. left onto dirt road,
6. keep going onto curcuit and skidpan, you'll see all the cars parked there.

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/confirmedDirections.do?nref=getDir

ryan

marcs_sp20
14-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately peeps, i will not be attending the day, as i will be in toowoomba for a family gathering i supposedly can not miss....

chicaboo
16-08-2006, 10:12 PM
deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian
mad mat
Chicaboo (like I said, tentative)

I had a massive setback today guys, something shat itself on the car today, and it took me a good while to find out what it was. The problem being that it coincided with other things I was doing on the car today, so needless to say I was looking in all the wrong places as the problem was just a freak occurence and not related...

Anyhow, I didn't get any work done today because of this, so I am going to be pretty busy through the nights this week and saturday to meet my committments. It is highly likely I cannot make it to the skidpan on sunday. I'll see how things go, but don't get excited.

Gav.

Ian
19-08-2006, 10:13 AM
deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian (will drop out)
marcs_sp20
mad mat
Chicaboo

You know this for a fact then?

Ian
19-08-2006, 10:15 AM
deejayryry
Astro Boy
Ian (will drop out)
marcs_sp20
mad mat
Chicaboo

I will probobly still rock up!

bourbon
19-08-2006, 10:21 AM
i definatly wont be there. goin to meet kazs sis and neice...should be interesting :p hjahaha... hope you guys have fun

btw ian we agt guys dont no anythin :p

chicaboo
19-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I will probobly still rock up!
do wot u like bro, i'm dropping out afterall. nice double post...

sorry guys, i have a mad irishman screaming out 4 me 2 finish house plans.

hav a good 1,
gav on pda.

Ian
20-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Hah

Or not...

due to events beyond my control and rather personal in nature its questionable if I will be able to get their tommrow, as I unfortunatly must head out at this stage and probobly wont be able to get to bed until about 7am, leaving me in no state to compete in a motorsport event.

You were right gav, im probobly gona pike.

Tho maybe not. If I get their I get their, dont wait around for me.

boostedbatman
20-08-2006, 05:32 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ian
20-08-2006, 12:52 PM
meh.

project.r.racing
20-08-2006, 05:04 PM
they day sucked ass anywayz, greg and i were not allowed to compete. minor details...

ford club turned up also, was a good day, sun was shining brightly.

pics:-
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/smallPicture015.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/smallPicture049.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/smallPicture059.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/smallPicture077.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/smallPicture086.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/smallPicture097.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/smallPicture103.jpg

chicaboo
20-08-2006, 05:18 PM
WTF is wrong with the Datto Pintara? Love the Echo!

Red Frog
20-08-2006, 05:36 PM
wot happened? how come u guys couldn't participate? OH NO! kewl pics but!!

sum1 down here organise a skidpan day! or buy me 1 for my b'day. grrrrr *mumbles under breath...* i plan to take the DRIFT WAGON out including the lastina. wanna see how much more sideways i can get the commo over the lastina :D :D :D actually, i reckon i'd flip the commo. tehehe parentals car....yessss!

platypus
21-08-2006, 07:07 PM
still we all ended up at Noosa in the arvo and overlooking the glasshouse mountains for sunset... we had fun!

skitz
21-08-2006, 08:11 PM
hey someone has to have some goood pics of astinas from the day pop some up :)

Red Frog
21-08-2006, 09:41 PM
yeah and fotos of the sunset/hinterland!! noosa's the best for sunset/silhoutte pictures. the light is just rite.

Astro Boy
22-08-2006, 07:29 PM
noosa's the best for pictures. the light is just rite.
Bloody oathe!!! Things* your jaw would drop for in brisbane don't even get noticed in Noosa... :p

* I'm talking about cars... i swear! ;)

skitz
22-08-2006, 08:28 PM
yeah noosa's nice only been there once lol nice though pop some of the pics up man

project.r.racing
23-08-2006, 09:46 AM
WTF is wrong with the Datto Pintara? Love the Echo!the pintara had an open diff and was smoking up the back rear tyre. (bad angle of pic.)

the echo was 1 of my favourites on the day. those cars must have a semi-closed diff as she was smoking up both sides on the day.

also a gsr 4wd lancer took my fancy also. massive traction even in the wet. the starions always make a appearance!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/small2Picture004.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/small2Picture022.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/small2Picture028.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/small2Picture114.jpg

skitz
23-08-2006, 01:26 PM
man thats a nice lancer!!!!!

project.r.racing
23-08-2006, 02:06 PM
man thats a nice lancer!!!!! what lancer? i don't see 1.

skitz
23-08-2006, 02:26 PM
okay feel free to laugh at me but isnt the white car ether a lancer or a cordia???? plz dont laugh!!!!!

project.r.racing
23-08-2006, 02:53 PM
cordia close - it's a starion. built at the same time... cordia was FWD, starion was RWD turbo 4G63 (evo 2 - 9 engine) car. released in 1981, it was the original engine to sport the legendary 4G63 engine. it was a turbo SOHC back in those days. and how do i know this?

there is 1 in my garage
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/starions001.jpg

there is 1 in my driveway
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/starions003.jpg

and there is 1 parked in front of my house
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/starions002.jpg

plus about 3.5 at the workshop in various states of destruction.

project.r.racing
23-08-2006, 02:58 PM
AND I'VE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION THAT THE NEXT ONE WILL BE ON THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER. IT WILL INCLUDE A SHOW 'N' SHINE AND A SOUND OFF. CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS
www.c3zone.org then go to motorkhana section. you can download entry forms and post them away.

skippy
23-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Sucks to hear you didn't get a go,

Leigh, If you do find one in Sydney I am so most definently in,

but yeah that red ?datto? reminded of a car I saw on the weekend,

Just driving by with a dead Minor bird wedged on the front of its grill, was dam funny

skippy
23-08-2006, 04:11 PM
dam double post

platypus
23-08-2006, 07:19 PM
awesome pics ryan! really well captured!

sorry i just realised i never actually introduced myself!... due to curren tgearbox issues still won't have my car out for aaages, and think that november is gunna be too close for the bub... but after that we shall see how i go!
yeah and fotos of the sunset/hinterland!! noosa's the best for sunset/silhoutte pictures. the light is just rite.
twas rather pretty!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ahb11m/noosa/

(sorry no cars)

shame there was no astinas on the day (well except ryan!)

Red Frog
23-08-2006, 08:07 PM
OMG! BUSH TURKEY!! (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/klish21/Gorgeous%20Pics/) lalala lol i chased one of those around in the reserve at the end of hastings st. very phalic those pics in the hinterland :eek: hehehe the surfboard one: classic :D

just to hijack this thread.................it's MY 1000th post!!! whoooohoo!! hey dan, do i get a prize ?? :D Welcome to the Real Life.......

project.r.racing
24-08-2006, 04:52 PM
awesome pics ryan! really well captured! sorry i just realised i never actually introduced myself!... shame there was no astinas on the day (well except ryan!)
thanks, i try to take good piccies, with the shutter running at 1/2000th of a second at 4 or 5 frames a second, it helps.
how rude not introducing yourself. :D lol
hopefully there will be a minimum of 2 astinas there next time.

will have to get the "F" series box fixed asap.

platypus
25-08-2006, 04:32 PM
thanks, i try to take good piccies, with the shutter running at 1/2000th of a second at 4 or 5 frames a second, it helps.and fast focusing DSLR is better too!! - stupid S1 takes a year to focus damn pro-sumer craphow rude not introducing yourself. :D lol
hopefully there will be a minimum of 2 astinas there next time.

will have to get the "F" series box fixed asap.
dunno how likely that box getting fixed is...

HI-RES
25-08-2006, 06:16 PM
^^^S1 as in canon powershot?
I'm lookin at buyin a S2 or S3, assume/hope they didn't inherit said focus problem???

platypus
25-08-2006, 07:04 PM
^^^S1 as in canon powershot?
I'm lookin at buyin a S2 or S3, assume/hope they didn't inherit said focus problem???
hmm OT hehe

they just focus slowly... unless you go the extra $$$ and get the SLR i havn't seen others that can focus when you say go...

project.r.racing
25-08-2006, 07:21 PM
unless it has a seperate lense, it'll never focus fast enough for action shots. most good DSLR also have AI-Servo's allowing focusing to be changed while taking multiple shots per second.

my camera takes shots up to 1/4000th of a second. up to 15 frames per 3 seconds. and has AI-servo focusing. and about 1000 other goodies that i hardly ever use.

pretty much i run the camera at 1/2000th and set on AI-Servo. when a car enters a corner, i press the buttom the and camera takes multiple shots until i release the button. re-focusing for each shot. makes my job alot easier. :D