PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Annual Cruise ideas

Pages : [1] 2 3

KittyKatSmack
16-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Just thought I would get in first and start a thread on the '07 Annual Cruise.

I would love to see all the associated clubs work together for one MASSIVE event.
Between us at AGT, and OMC/OMZ, the fordlaser.com and mazdafours, lets all make it a huge event to remember.

Red Frog: You did such a terrific job with the Annual Cruise to Berrima that I would love to see your talents at work again to make it one to remember.

So yeah, this thread is just for ideas, and to invite everyone to share thoughts.

How about it?

Cheers
^..^

chicaboo
16-08-2006, 06:45 PM
PLEASE keep OMC out of OUR general annual cruise! They will organise their own "stuck in traffic for 2 hours then stand around with open bonnets in a carpark for 4 hours in 40 degree heat" cruise if they like...

But the AGT cruise has flavour, it's something special. What Leigh put together earlier in the year was really good. If only she could have used her powers for evil and banished all the traffic from Woolloongong coast and Macquaries Pass, then it woulda bee 100%.

Personally, if I'm driving a million miles for a southern cruise, I want to go on 2 or 3 cruises over a weak rather than 1 big ****ty cruise with 100 cars in it...

LordWorm
16-08-2006, 07:03 PM
PLEASE keep OMC out of OUR general annual cruise! They will organise their own "stuck in traffic for 2 hours then stand around with open bonnets in a carpark for 4 hours in 40 degree heat" cruise if they like...

But the AGT cruise has flavour, it's something special. What Leigh put together earlier in the year was really good. If only she could have used her powers for evil and banished all the traffic from Woolloongong coast and Macquaries Pass, then it woulda bee 100%.

Personally, if I'm driving a million miles for a southern cruise, I want to go on 2 or 3 cruises over a weak rather than 1 big ****ty cruise with 100 cars in it...
you do get 3 cruises

the sleepy cruise down south
the huge massive fkoff cruise
the sleepy cruise home

Cosmo Dude
16-08-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't mind traveling and would rather a more 'boutique' meeting.
Australia day would be just a little too post Christmas for me to bankroll a trip up north (unless I can swing a work trip).
Other than that I'd be up for a weekend gathering in the 2007.

twilightprotege
16-08-2006, 09:06 PM
i'm definately with gavvie on this one. big big cruises suck.

what would people think of moving the annual cruise back further in the year when the heat is a bit less anti-polar-bear-gav???

Mazda_Brian
16-08-2006, 09:27 PM

I am quite offended by this statement, but I do know the cruise you are reffering to, and this was NOT OzMazdaClub's annual cruise, it was a long weekend cruise that was organised in the wrong area at the wrong time.

OzMazdaClub's previous annual cruise was to Bobbin Head national park, where we had BBQ, prizes, giveaways, soccer, cricket, frisbies, people getting into remote controlled cars, etc.

Anyway, if I am invited I would love to come along, as Berrima last year was nothing short of awesome!!!!

B.

chicaboo
16-08-2006, 10:04 PM
No fuzz cuz, I'm not saying don't have an OMC cruise, or that noone should go to either one. I am saying dont' combine the two. It is somewhat historic to maintain the flavour of the clubs cruises, and there is a distinct difference in the memberbase and their outlooks on cars and towards each other between OMC and AGT.

Soz that your offended, hope that explains a bit.
Cheers, Gav.

papatonga
17-08-2006, 12:37 AM
I was in attendance oon both of the cruises that happened at the beginning of the year.

I believe that the first cruise lacked quite a bit of planning. I am sure this has been rectified and will not happen in the future.

The cruise that Red Frog organised earlier in the year was just awesome. it was a lot more thought out and involved plenty of fun roads...i'd definately be up for another similar cruise

Red Frog
17-08-2006, 12:58 AM
GAH!! *blush ;) * if u're gonna do something, do it right! and i like getting it 110% right, if possible. i'm happy to help organise the 2007 annual agt cruise - of course! - but a little closer to the date. i'm trying to get a hunter cruise up and running for october, so that's the focus atm.

thou in saying that.....
maybe this time we should do an o/nite annual cruise so it's worthwhile for any interstaters, whereva we go?
so a sat-sun. then it's a lot more relaxed and no rushing around. i'm more than happy to get us the best deal on accom ie. roomy cabins in a c/park, where we can all hang out, drink, talk, hav a campfire (so long as there's no firebans!) etc etc. or even camping. if i wasn't a teacher, i'd be working in tourism ;) lol

how bout up nth nsw this time? inland around bellingen (about 40mins sth of coffs harbour) and dorrigo national park? that area would have some fantastic rds and gorgeous scenery!! this is half way for the sydney and qld ppl. is much further for the mexicans, but we're never going to please every1. ne suggestions on this?

KittyKatSmack
17-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread.
I do understand the differences between AGT and other clubs cruises, but we had a schmozzle with 2 cruises on the same weekend and members of both clubs had to choose. This is really what I'm looking at trying to avoid.
There are also those members that believe a cruise is driving at irresponsible speeds for hours and hours at a time. I will admit to you all that I cannot do that with my health at it's current standard - or lack thereof.

I do like the overnight idea.
If we want to do something like that, then definately not during the hottest part of the year.

What about an Easter Weekend Cruise? Not sure when that is on in 2007, but it is usually April/May. People get some time off work, and with enough notice, surely most people can not let themselves get double booked for other events.

I certainly vote Red Frog as Cruise Co-Ordinator (memory flashback: Julie - from the Love Boat!) The Frog does excellent recon on the roads and area, provides maps so everyone knows where they are going, ensures facilities at stops as well as having meaningful/entertaining stops that aren't all standing around with bonnets up.

It's good to have a variety so that lots of people can choose to either look under bonnets or go and have a nice meal or go and look at some tourist attraction in the local area.

I think up North is an excellent idea. I have been to Byron Bay once, and would love a chance to see that area again. Aaron and I also travelled the inland route in February, so we can recommend Dubbo (the Zoo is amazing).

For any mexicans that want to travel for this shindig, our home is open to any and all to stop over. We can do a 'road trip' to meet up with our Sydney members and then head on up North.
The QLD members of AGT always put an effort into travelling for these big cruises, so I think North is a wonderful idea. Although we have family in Coffs Harbour, we are not interested in visiting them.

I love Frogs idea of campfire n fun, as long as I don't have to sleep in a tent please?
Cabins would be nice, and if we booked for 2 days, it gives everyone some time together as well as the opportunity to do fun stuff in the area.
because I have suggested the Easter Weekend, we really do need to think about booking ASAP as we all know that Easter can be a nightmare to find accom if we don't plan ahead. The other option might be March, as it isn't too close to Xmas or easter, and isn't searingly hot everywhere you go. If we are travelling North, we can go closer to winter and get lovely weather. Lets face it, anything is better than winter in ACT lol

I'm going to go and look at some of the local tourism websites, and with any luck, I will post some linky links for everyone to have a squizz at.

Cheers and lets keep this bubbling along and ensure we all have a fantastic event for people so that we can ensure a good time is had by everyone :)

Mazda_Brian
17-08-2006, 04:10 PM
No fuzz cuz, I'm not saying don't have an OMC cruise, or that noone should go to either one. I am saying dont' combine the two. It is somewhat historic to maintain the flavour of the clubs cruises, and there is a distinct difference in the memberbase and their outlooks on cars and towards each other between OMC and AGT.

Soz that your offended, hope that explains a bit.
Cheers, Gav.

Sorry, took it the wrong way....

OMC will not be setting up a competition cruise near the same time as this cruise, as this would mean the members that are on both sides would have to choose which club they would prefference, rather than enjoying the differences of both clubs.

The thing I like about both clubs is there is a difference, some people like to drive, have a nice meal, and a chat, etc, and drive home, and others like to drive and drive, and then have a 5 min chat before going home again, and then there are others that would be happy to just m,eet at Point A, lift the bonnet and brag about what's done underneath.....

The 2 clubs have done a great job in covering the taste of many members, and it's awesome to get a change to chop and change flavours.

If I am invited, I would love to come along, and an overnight option as Kitty is suggesting would be awesome, and I would preffer cabins as well, drive up somewhere, have a BBQ in the evening, chat and tell camp stories until our eye-lids fall closed, and then retire to bed.

Sleep in in the morning, wake up to Bacon and eggs, and tomatoes, chat all morning about anything, then drive home lunch time/afternoon.

Doing all this in the company of good friends.

B.

skitz
17-08-2006, 04:55 PM
so um if this so planned thing happens where were u planing of going?????

Red Frog
17-08-2006, 08:08 PM
well my map decided to take a trip sumwhere.....
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/klish21/dorrigo.png

but after i posted last nite, i did realise that a weekend isn't long enuff and DID think of the easter long weekend being a great idea instead.
yah!! this is fantastic: easter falls RIGHT at the beginning of april, so it'll still be relatively warm!! that was my only issue: that if it was late april, it will be getting cooler and shorter days.

easter 2007 long weekend: fri 6, sat 7, sun 8, mon 9 april!! that works out really well!! that allows every1 to get to the destination, then a couple of days of R&R and cruising, then there's time to get home.

Dorrigo Mountain Resort (http://www.dorrigomountainresort.com.au/cabins.html)
Prices work out to be $48/head for 3 nights! (http://www.dorrigomountainresort.com.au/cabin_prices.html)

KittyKatSmack
18-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Fantastic work O'Froggy one!
Sounds perfect.
And as they say "great minds think alike" or "fools never differ" either way, I think we can make a good go of this one :)
The time of year is fantastic, and with 7 months notice, it should come together quite nicely :)
Yes, we need to book ASAP.
If people pay in advance for their accom, then that reduces actual costs on the cruise weekend to petrol and food. It also means we have great accom, that the date is plugged into everyone's diary and that means people won't get double booked with family obligations or promising to do X, Y or Z on the same day.

I'd like to suggest a new topic/thread that will contain only details.
If anyone wants to chat about it, we come back to this thread so we have one specifically for details and people don't need to wade through conversation to find what they're looking for.
I can helpfully move any posts that appear in the wrong thread. ;)

Accom: That place looks really awesome, I would like to add my vote.
I'll also be greedy and book the twin share cabin for Aaron and I - trust me everyone, you don't want to sleep in my cabin, I snore!!!
I also noted the cheaper alternative for those people that want to pitch a tent here:
http://www.dorrigomountainresort.com.au/candc_prices.html
At least that means we have something for everyone.

I would like to see us open it to car enthusiasts of all kinds, and show everyone that the AGT Family welcomes one and all. For example, Ian and Anita from the XR6Turbo club would probably come if invited.
I would also like to encourage all the members from VIC and SA to join the fun, and if anyone wants to travel across the paddock from WA - mega Kudos!!!
I know we can always count on a strong representation from QLD, so come on rest of Australia, are you up for the challenge? LOL

Alrighty, I'll stop blathering for the moment, but I do think it's a great idea and I hope that AGT gets behind it and supports what could turn out to be a huge event.

Cheers

Great stuff Leigh, you're the champion cruise director!
*does big cheerleader dance*

skitz
18-08-2006, 02:47 PM
that all sound pritty cool atm are noobs from act cool to tag along?????

KittyKatSmack
18-08-2006, 05:45 PM
LOL, skitz, that's the whole point
Everyone is Welcome :)

Red Frog
19-08-2006, 09:39 AM
hang on, before we get too over excited ;) could we make a poll miss kitty to see if everyone is happy with a long weekend cruise and is happy for us to organise it? i don't want to step on anyone's toes, if they had other suggestions or might be a little disinterested due to the location. i know we're never going to please everyone, but lets get a bit of a poll happening to get a concensus on what people are interested in.

to date these people have shown interest in the above cruise:

kitty + aaron
red frog
chicaboo
skitz
brian + danielle
papatonga
rod
twiggy

Rupewrecht
19-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Will have to see closer to the chosen date, but it sounds promising atm.

boostedbatman
20-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Dan you WILL be there as I WILL
So Ner
In case anyone missed that
I will be driving a MAZDA of inexplicible and unknown descendancy
If anyone wants to see what a dumb idea can evolve into as time and boredom passes then turn up to this and you may be fortunate enough to get a ride in the scary machine, I will be scared thats for sure

Aaron
20-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Just to throw my ideas into the mix as a resident of the Coffs harbour area for a number of years.

The roads will be average to good surface and there may be some cool nights and perhaps some frosty roads as well. The trip up to Dorrigo Mountain can be done balls out, but I strongly suggest no one tries it as there's more chance of coming back dead than coming back a hero.

I can definitely suggest a couple of tours from the Dorrigo base including:
* Down through the hills to Bellingen, quick highway run up to Sawtell, cruise through the main street, then jink into Coffs Harbour for some pics by the sea, Fish and Chips at the Marina. Then continue the journey back into the hills through Coramba and onto Nana Glen (Home of Russell Crowe). Do coffee/drinks there, then either go up ont he back roads through the hills back to Dorrigo, or jink back out North to the highway and hop up the coast a little more.

* Dorrigo out west to then head north through the hills, pop out at Grafton and return via the coast.

Overall it depends if people want activities (like what watching/surfing/lounging/bush walking/marine park) or sight seeing through the region.

Activities could be blend into cruises such as the trip down to Coffs stopping at the Pet Porpoise Pool for their afternoon show. Big Banana to take the Mono-Rail tour around the place etc.

The Dorrigo/Glenreagh steam railway is a definite option, I don't know if it's running completely between the two ends yet but I think the Dorrigo end has a decent setup....Dorrigo Mountain Railway or somethign I think.

----
On the organisational front i woudl like to think we could run the cruise under the banner of AGT, but honestly it woudl be awesome if we could invite OMC/Mazda4s/Fl.com etc along for the trip, all our cars and forums share common platforms and getting us all together would make it one of the biggest mazda/ford small car gatherings around. Joint cruises can be great when we planned and managed, we at AGT have the people and the skills to make it happen.

The main thing is to separate "transit" cruises where we're going from Point A to point B enjoying the scenery, and "display" cruises where we're working to show the group off to the public. Each requires different levels of hanging together and with good planning everyone can enjoy the experience.

I would also like to suggest we select a national charity and raise some funds over the weekend. Be it by running a couples of raffles (I'm sure B3M , ausmicro, and a coupel of our other resident businesses could offer some affordable prizes) taking donations, or having a public display. Yeah this sounds odd coming from me, but I reckon the PR opportunity from having us roll up, potentially get the local Ford Dealers and the local Mazda Dealers on-side for some promo photos and some assitance in making the logistics up there happen (say we ask every attraction to donate $$ of each ticket we pre-book to the cause?).

I'm suggesting the above not becuase I have a do-gooder syndrome but becuase we'll be travelling in a group, drawing a lot of attention and not be able to go fast thanks to double-demerits. Everytime we stop we will attract attention, lets use that for a positive. It will put our group in a good light over the weekend, maybe get us some media (good for those of us with businesses) and good for the overall perception of modified car owners - which is pretty crap through regional Australia.

Anyways my thoughts as they stand :)

A.

Mazda_Brian
23-08-2006, 08:35 PM
kitty + aaron
red frog
chicaboo
skitz
brian + danielle
papatonga
rod
twiggy

Where's my name :( (jokes)

Add me to the list froggy one, as Danielle and myself would be intersted as well

B.

Red Frog
23-08-2006, 08:48 PM
hey brian, james can fit u w/ glasses if u want :D
re-read the list hun....... :p hahaha (1 post to go.....)

marcs_sp20
23-08-2006, 09:02 PM
kitty + aaron
red frog
chicaboo
skitz
brian + danielle
papatonga
rod
twiggy
Marc + most probably tash.

I haven't been on an interstate cruise yet, but what i have heard from members up here that went at the start of the year, im just going to have to experience it for myself :)

chicaboo
23-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Everyone gets along, and nobody fights, it's a wonderful experience. :p

Red Frog
23-08-2006, 09:28 PM
it's all goodness and stuff bro. and THIS time we can hav drinkies if we stay overnight. plus i'm in charge of the entertainment. it will involve a pinata, chocolate, fire (unless there are firebans :p ) and a guitar. oh and copious amounts of alcohol B4 the pinata and guitar come out :D

Red Frog
23-08-2006, 09:32 PM
oh and how COULD i forget......crazy hats/wigs. THAT my friends is an AGT requirement at every annual cruise, apart from berrima, cos i forgot. but DEF at this year's annual!!

skitz
23-08-2006, 10:21 PM
um no offence ment to anyone but am i like the youngest on this list?????

i am 18???will be 19 by then!!!
also coming closer to more solid plans plz let me know acomadation stops and whats the estimate on $$$$ for this thing. how much should i save????

thanks guys
kyle

Red Frog
23-08-2006, 10:31 PM
lol nah, if nate adds himself, then regardless of when he was born, he's the youngest kid on these forums :D lol
but in all seriousness, there's ppl that'll prob come who are 17/18.

when we've got more permanent plans, a new thread will be posted and all the details will be there.

skitz
23-08-2006, 10:33 PM
cool thanks man

skitz
24-08-2006, 06:50 PM
hey guys i got a mate that is going to be tagin alone he drives a peugeot 405 is it cool for him to tag???? he thinks he will own us lol

skitz
24-08-2006, 07:34 PM
he is a bit up himself lol he just got the car and thinks he is king **** lol

skitz
25-08-2006, 04:25 PM
um i just had a look on a map at where u r planing on starting and it is a fare way up lol i am gussing 6-7 hrs from canberra depending on traffic lol thats cool though i was just wondering if from dorrigo u were going to be going down or up???

man i am so going to be getting lost lol would any one leaving from lower sydney be interested in meeting up and heading to dorrigo from a easy to find place lol ??

marcs_sp20
25-08-2006, 07:23 PM
um i just had a look on a map at where u r planing on starting and it is a fare way up lol i am gussing 6-7 hrs from canberra depending on traffic lol thats cool though i was just wondering if from dorrigo u were going to be going down or up???

man i am so going to be getting lost lol would any one leaving from lower sydney be interested in meeting up and heading to dorrigo from a easy to find place lol ??

We usually stay in packs so we cant lose each other...

skitz
25-08-2006, 09:08 PM
no i mean getting from canberra to where ever we are meeting up lol thats where i will get lossed

mike_d87
25-08-2006, 10:18 PM
i'm also interested, it sounds like a fun weekend

boostedbatman
26-08-2006, 05:16 AM
he is a bit up himself lol he just got the car and thinks he is king **** lol
By the time he leaves the annual AGT event he wont, he will wish he had bought a better car :D
kitty + aaron
red frog
chicaboo
skitz
brian + danielle
papatonga
rod
twiggy
The Bat and the Cat

Joczy
26-08-2006, 02:38 PM
hah aww sound slike you guys are planning an awesome cruise here. Id have more chance of sighting Elvis than I would trying to get any time off over easter wokring retail.

Aaron
27-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Skitz,
Kitty and I will be leaving from Canberra :) Tag-along is no probs although it's more like 8 -9 hours to get to Dorrigo from Canberra.

A.

skitz
27-08-2006, 06:10 PM
are u serious lol 8-9 hrs lol :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nah thats cool and thanks lol

cool yeah i am still in lol

thanks for letting me tag lol ;)

what day u guys heading up???

howcomeyougotone
27-08-2006, 06:21 PM
By the time he leaves the annual AGT event he wont, he will wish he had bought a better car :D

...you drive an astina

skitz
27-08-2006, 06:30 PM
dont be knocking astinas matt

ecspecially his it is cool well from what i have seen online lol

chicaboo
27-08-2006, 06:36 PM
...you drive an astinaWITH 300HP!!! I'll have you know the batmobile is the fastest stationary Astina not getting around... :rolleyes: :p

skitz
27-08-2006, 06:53 PM
what u mean not getting around ????

anythink with that many horsiey's should be getting around quite well :D :D :D

chicaboo
27-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Hehe, I'm sure someone will enlighten you. ;)

skitz
27-08-2006, 07:34 PM
what u have to tell me know u cant just leave me hanging...

someone anyone!!!

chicaboo
27-08-2006, 07:38 PM
It's in pieces all over his house, but I understand it's gonna be a rocket when put back together. :D

LordWorm
27-08-2006, 07:42 PM
It's in pieces all over his house, but I understand it's gonna be a rocket when put back together. :D
no its getting a rocket engine put in the back...
:P

no batmobile is complete without one!

skitz
27-08-2006, 08:04 PM
lol will it be at the 2007 meet up?????

boostedbatman
28-08-2006, 03:47 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSS
Although I will apaologise in advance for the fact that it will make all this power completely unassisted
And if anything you drive will beat it on the twisties and hillclimbs I will buy you a banana
And with the cost of Bananas come Next year that could well be the best prize in history :rolleyes:
So dont 'BAG' an astina just yet :D

skitz
28-08-2006, 09:40 AM
cool i cant wait to see this car!!!

this hole meet up in 2007 is going to make me spend a lot of money on my astina because i will see all the cool things u can do and i will want lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

skitz
28-08-2006, 01:38 PM
hey so out of curiosity is that cabin place where everyone will be staying the hole time or is it a different place every night also how many nights and has anyone booked in yet????

Lunchbox#bg
28-08-2006, 06:38 PM
may be intrested But id have to think about it its like 13 hours drive i live in albury lol

Zooming Bravo
29-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Lets say that Janet's Astina maybe interested but as there is going to be a Bathurst 12hr for production cars and the talk is that Mazda will be entering a fully backed team this might clash the dates but if not we are in...

Nate
29-08-2006, 09:57 PM
not going to filter thru all the posts ... just give me the dates and im in :D

Lunchbox#bg
29-08-2006, 10:04 PM
im in and a friend of mine bjr22n off fl.com aswell :)

Laser the Amazer
29-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Lets say that Janet's Astina maybe interested but as there is going to be a Bathurst 12hr for production cars and the talk is that Mazda will be entering a fully backed team this might clash the dates but if not we are in...

thanks for reminding me

my car racing buddy looks like he will be entering that, so I'll probably be going to that.

I may be able to tag along in the Astra

see what happens, when there is a date decided

Rob

Zooming Bravo
29-08-2006, 10:24 PM
I also have an interest in this event as a flaggie...

Red Frog
29-08-2006, 10:54 PM
kitty + aaron
red frog
chicaboo
skitz +1
brian + danielle
papatonga
rod
twiggy
The Bat and the Cat
mike
lunchbox +1
dave + janet
nate dawg fo shizzle
coley (of course u'll come!) + maybe thupaman --> we gotta hav at least 2 superheros
rob

looking good me little chicadees! 22 that have shown interest. better get cracking and produce a few options of which rds we can cruise along at sum pt this wk ;)

DATES ARE: EASTER LONG WKEND 2007 good friday 6th - easter monday 8th. plan is to stay fri, sat & sun nite. i'm bringing the guitar, u can bring the harmonica.

Red Frog
29-08-2006, 11:32 PM
.....oh and i did mention, there WILL be a pinata :D and sum1 else can organise the skinny dipping events.....

skitz
30-08-2006, 09:08 AM
gooliys um are we staying in the same place each night??? or are we going to be in a different place each night???

KittyKatSmack
30-08-2006, 01:29 PM
But which funny hat will I wear?????????

DILEMMA

Great work o' froggy one, but the guitar thing is scarin' me!!
What is our position on bringing kids to this event?
I'm not talking about our young members, they're mega welcome.
Instead, I'm worried about youngun's spoiling the rest of our fun.
How can we drink irresponsibly and tell tall stories when we have to worry about sprogs?
I say no kiddies.

Anyway, I sent an email to the dorrigo cabins folks and still waiting to hear back re: pricing and trying to get a club discount.
Are many people interested in pitching a tent or are we all keen to stay in the Cabins?

Hey, guess what?
One month exactly until the hitchin'
wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

back to our regular scheduled programming :D

skitz
30-08-2006, 03:32 PM
i am still keen on the cabin thing but i will have 3-4 people with me and 2-3 cars!
(BA hatch)(MX-6)and (Peugeot 405)

but i am deffinantly in and the cabins are cool with me

skippy
30-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Selling my baby Has been rather slow so who knows I might be in,

Just thinking and I had two ideas.

1. Can the very first post in the whole thread spell out what is that latest plan? This way anyone at any time can go straight to the latest details not having to reverse read to find out and still have no idea what people are thinking (like I am now). Adapation of Kitties Seperate thread idea).

2. Skidpan day, I heard some talking about one and was thinking what friggin great fun that would be, and I imagine many would be up for a day of sliding astina's, I know I would go to more effort to get there if skidpan day was on.
If yall think there is merit in this Idea lemme know and I will start looking into it, but first I need to know where we are planning on going past roughly.

Also just my 2 cents, I like activites as opposed to hours of driving, Drags, skidpan, whatever would be wicked.

boostedbatman
30-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Drags or skidpan or Drags :D
I will still have the itch from not driving my beloved Mazda for almost 2 yrs

skitz
30-08-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah having a el stocko car i prob wouldnt drag but for ****s and giggles i would sus out the skidpan if there was one on the 2007 meet up.

ow and yeah can we start another topic just with the info and use this one to talk about it... would be so much easyer lol ;) ;)

Red Frog
30-08-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah yeah......u need to learn to be patient skitzo! us frogs and kittys lead busy lives!!

kitty, i'm bringing the "kimmy" wig ;) and my devil ears :D lol
i don't mind if kids come either way. but who's would b coming? the only kid i know of is twiggys, rite?

OT: vaughan, i'm so up for skidpan. i was trying to convince SES ppl last wkend to get together and do one. the lastina needs a good excuse to go sideways ;)

neways, on the wkend i'll consult w/ oh bridal one and see about making a new thread. 1st i need to sort out a NSW cruise in oct!!

skippy
31-08-2006, 02:29 PM
yeah having a el stocko car i prob wouldnt drag but for ****s and giggles

exactly what i was thinking,
been meaning to go for sometime but just couldn't justify going all tyhe way there, paying getting to get 2 runs then moving on. Buuuuuuut if a whole heap of us we could book out a track maybe and have race after race with the nothing but ****s and giggles on the mind.
And that way I will have people laughing with me about my um less then overdeveloped driving abilites instead of at me.

skitz
31-08-2006, 03:01 PM
well put, sound cool hey ;)

KittyKatSmack
01-09-2006, 04:40 PM
OK, I will put up a sticky post and lock it so no one can post in it, and that will have the details, and if you want to say something about the ideas n stuff, post it here.

skidpan would be mad as fun.
it would tempt me to bring the MX5 instead of the Stinkmeister.

Frog: I'll msn ya about the other stuff

So, keep the ideas going and I'll update the sticky thread as things firm up!

*grinnage*
check the signature thingo below for the countdown!
29 days to go
wooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

KittyKatSmack
03-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I sent an email to the folks at the Dorrigo Cabins.
This is the email reply I received

Dear T,

We have a web site www.dorrigomountainresort.com.au which may be of assistance to you.

Easter 2007 is available to you at this stage I don't know how many people you wish to accommodate
we have 10 family cabins and 6 double cabins plus 48 powered site a conference hall is also available at a cost of $65.00 per day

Easter is the only time of the year that we insist on a three day booking so your of in on Friday the 6th and leaving on Monday the 9th of April are fine.

Regarding discounts , I can only offer you the hall for three days at $150.00 not $195.00 as we don't discount during peak periods.

Hope this helps in your quest,

Greg Speers

It hold be noted that the Dorrigo Steam & Rail Museum should opening to public By November this year
www.dsrm.org and should be well established by Easter next year.

I don't think we need to worry about the conference hall.
We do need to think about booking the accomodation though.
Easter is a time of year when things are booked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance.
I also know that if we leave it until early 2007, for me personally, I will have very little money left after the Xmas/New Years expenses.
I would suggest that everyone who is interested in coming put forward a booking with the Dorrigo accom people ASAP.
Unfortunately with a wedding less than 4 weeks away, I won't be able to book until probably November, but that is my timeframe for putting in the booking for Aaron and I.

Don't say you are with AstinaGT, we don't want to scare the good folks, LOL, but do way you are with the AGT annual meeting, it sounds a bit posher (is that a word?)

Anyway, that's what I have got, if you're interested and you do something about it, then let us know on this thread if you've made the booking and I'll update the info thread to say who has accom and who hasn't.

Cheers!!!

skitz
03-09-2006, 11:47 PM
cool i will sus out booking in this month sum time after i transfer my car to A.C.T and pay my rego ;)

ps. anyone know what sort of cost i am up for to transfer the car and buy a full yr rego??? in act!! i know i will need one of those slim front number plates so that will cost more (i think)

Zooming Bravo
04-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Like I posted earlier if the Bathurst 12hr race is on for production cars I have put my name down as a flaggie but if not Janet and I will be in for the weekend.

Red Frog
11-09-2006, 12:10 AM
hrmmmm would i get flogged if i said i might have to leave the laser at home and share a seat with sum1 else? around this time i'll b watching my money very closely, so would be keen to spilt petrol w/ sum1.

but if not, this will be the lastina's final cruise. time to move on and do other things as you can understand. i'll bring my guitar and play "leaving on a jet plane".......very VERY drunk ;) but not high ;) lol then i'd have to play "puff the magic dragon" and i don't know the chords for that :D tehehe

KittyKatSmack
08-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Time to resurrect this thread peoples.

Now that the whole hitchin' thing is over and done with, what say we all get back on track for this one?

Bring it on!

skitz
09-10-2006, 11:22 PM
agreed lol but a better point Who R U?... lol i am so never getting ova that lol

KittyKatSmack
10-10-2006, 09:52 AM
OMG we have created a monster!!!
I am happy to keep going on the who r u? but put it at the end of a constructive post please? We want to get this organised :)
I will update the other locked thread with info as we get more details.

So, is the location and time of year alright with everyone?
How many people are prepared to pay for their cabins up front?
How soon can we pay?

We need someone from each state to coordinate the road trips so we all meet up.

Aaron is very familiar with the area and which roads are good and which aren't, so I will nudge him to write up some options when we have more than 5 mins to ourselves.

Mrs Kitty
^..^

skitz
10-10-2006, 09:55 AM
i am willing to pay upfront just let me know when ur going to pay and i will give u the money i will be paying for two:P

also i am sorry i will keep random stuff out of this thread

KittyKatSmack
10-10-2006, 10:26 AM
That's great news skitz.
Looking forward to seeing Heva again too ;)

and don't neglect the random stuff

HOO R U?

Red Frog
10-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Sounds good Miss Kittywaaaaaah.

Am happy to do the organisation for NSW, as usual.
And to organise the payment of money etc.
But like Kitty said: Pay upfront and you get a bed - well as long as it hasn't been booked out!

I'm Me......and You're ****ED!

KittyKatSmack
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
OMG Hektik Frogness!

Any people travelling from down south are welcome to overnight with Aaron and I at Chateau KittyRanch before travelling on and meeting with the Sydney people.

It was just so amazing to have everyone at the wedding, such a good time when we all get together and stuff.

I hope EVERYONE can make this a massive event and we can all have a great time like we did 10 days ago. One of the best parts of the wedding was having my AGT family with me. Seriously, it was the best day of my life, I luv's you all *feel the lurve, go on feel it - not that BIT* LOL

C'mon AGT, lets get this happening.

*bounce*

bourbon
10-10-2006, 01:33 PM
yep me and kaz will be in, nate wanted to do a full day trip down :S i no i dont. are we all gonna meet at armidale before hand. if me and kaz miss out on a bed thats alright we'll pitch a tent :D campin is soooooo much more fun!

Red Frog
10-10-2006, 01:53 PM
what? you'll pitch a tent for kaz? NATE! *yucky yucky* this is a FAMILY forum thanku!!.......

and YEP! arimdale is a good meetup spot. do NOT wanna b taking the pathetic hwy up nth that weekend. new england is def the go.

what's that u say? YOU're what?? OH.......YOU'RE FUKED!

KittyKatSmack
13-10-2006, 06:26 PM
All those that were at the big shindig on the long weekend (30th September) are required by LAW to attend this next shindig.

Must keep the fun rolling on.

Dan - Bring the bug, both of them!

skitz
13-10-2006, 07:44 PM
lol kitty i think most of us will be there anyway!! lol:P

Rupewrecht
13-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Nope, only bringing one car.

KittyKatSmack
15-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Where is the flying beetle anyway?

Did you get to try your Dan Cake?

Hahahahaha, I have just seen a car pinata, might be persuaded to get that!

I can't wait for this cruise, is going to be the shiznitz.

Rupewrecht
16-10-2006, 10:09 AM
The Dancake was an odd thing! And the bug is next to my computer on the desk at home.

newman
15-11-2006, 07:47 PM
ok kids... here is my suggestions for this cruise, i know the area EXTEREMLY WELL! i currently live in Armidale, but my partner lives in bellengin and i have driven the road many times (to those who don't know where armidale its, its about 100km WEST of dorrigo)

MY suggestion is this.
I wouldn't stay in dorrigo, it is the one of the worst possible places you would want to stay. yes its nice to stop and check out hte water fall, and yes it has the fancy skyway lookout, but in all seriousness - it pretty ****. its foggy about 20 hours of the day and you can't see where you going, and there are imbreds walking around that try to scratch your car.

I would suggest that the people coming from the south leave the pacific highway at hexam (end of hte F3) and continue staright ahead up the New England Highway. This is not as pretty as the pacific highway, but its much quicker and lots less traffic. follow the hunter vally all the way to the top, cross the range and enter the north west slopes and planes (peel vally). get to see all the coal mines and all kinds of other stuff you wouldn't see on the pacific highway. Drive through tamworth and look at hte giant golden guitar blah blah blah... then you drive up the moonbi range and into the northen tablelands and the New England. Nice ungulating good quality roads. anyways you arive at armidale and you leave the new england highway and turn onto the Waterfall way, and there are heaps of awesome waterfalls you can look at along this road (this is the road that takes you through to dorrigo).

some examples of the water falls (i have personally taken these shots)

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/310/f/1/Wollomombi_Gorge_by_namwens.jpg

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/067/0/9/Ebor_Falls_flooding_by_namwens.jpg

This is a shot from bellengin looking back at the dorrigo mountain range

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/030/6/b/Great_Divide_by_namwens.jpg

And this is a photo of the dorrigo national park skyway

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/030/1/4/Stairway_To_Heaven_by_namwens.jpg

Now this road isn't exactly the best quality, but it sure is dam fun. tricky high speed corners, no massive drop offs., i've driven it many a time and i have a turbo laser with stock suspension :eek:.

arrive at dorrigo, check out hte scene. have a beer at the 1 ONLY pub there. cruise down the windy dorrigo mountain into bellengin and some some reefa and stay the night. bellengin is approx 30mins from coffs harbour and its nearlly all duel carriage way now so it's pretty quick.

and then return trip could be just back down the pacific. too easy, get to do a full loop of most of northern country nsw!

http://www.nowwhereroute.com/Mapimage/TEMPls1qmtzeqzofwuet10ekvcvx9295.png

and just for fun, here is a shot of the jetty at coffs

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/275/e/6/Risque_by_namwens.jpg

And there is plenty more photos where they came from... to see my gallery click ----> http://namwens.deviantart.com/gallery/

any questions, send me a pm or somthing as i don't check this forum too much :)

skitz
15-11-2006, 07:58 PM
ok kids... here is my suggestions for this cruise, i know the area EXTEREMLY WELL! i currently live in Armidale, but my partner lives in bellengin and i have driven the road many times (to those who don't know where armidale its, its about 100km WEST of dorrigo)

MY suggestion is this.
I wouldn't stay in dorrigo, it is the one of the worst possible places you would want to stay. yes its nice to stop and check out hte water fall, and yes it has the fancy skyway lookout, but in all seriousness - it pretty ****. its foggy about 20 hours of the day and you can't see where you going, and there are imbreds walking around that try to scratch your car.

okay since u r from the area would u know any cool afordable places we could all go then like accomedation i mean!!

also what are we doing with this guys? lol it is getting closer by the day we should start to think about at least puting down a diposit on a place ?? or i could shut up lol :P :D

also i like newmans idea for the drive up there sounds fun and means we wouldnt have too go the same way there and back lol

also we should all meet up before hand so like the vics could meet us in canberra then we could head up and meetup with the syndeyers and then all head up together lol and it could make the drive that bit more fun :P lol we can all chat ova the radios :P

newman
15-11-2006, 08:00 PM
another option would be to stay in coffs harbour... plenty of caravan parks right on the beach there too.
i wouldn't want to stay in ebor in cabins, unless your used to the cold... even at easter. it gets bloody cold there!

We've had annual meets on fordlaser.com and stayed in caravan parks and its worked out really well!

skitz
15-11-2006, 08:02 PM
when u say caravan parks lol u mean in cabins or tents?

newman
15-11-2006, 08:07 PM
viola

http://www.parkbeachholidaypark.com.au/

i would recommend this place... stay there many a time on basketball trips as a youngster... plenty of room for parking... 50 m walk to the beach, tent and cabin option. too easy

skitz
15-11-2006, 08:32 PM
if they are close to u u think u could pop in or call up see if they will do us a deal or anythink lol?

u know u want tooo!!!

newman
15-11-2006, 09:08 PM
coffs is still 2 hours away from me... bit far to just pop in

KittyKatSmack
15-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Well I for one am sticking to the original plan, dorrigo it is.

We have spent so much time in Coffs Harbour as that is where Aaron's parents live and Aaron grew up in Coffs.

I think Leigh's idea is the best and a small community will keep us all together and we can have fun.
We also know the highways in and around Coffs as we have driven them enough times.
So has Leigh, always traipsing off to QLD ;)

Anyway, newman you are welcome to join our event and come to Dorrigo with us or you can organise a cruise for one of the days over the longweekend instead. We'll figure out what we're doing on which day, and you can organise an afternoon trip for everyone. Keep the total down to 4 hours including stops though, especially if it is on a day where people are still arriving.

If anyone has any other great ideas, keep em coming, it's all about everyone contributing after all.

:)

KittyKatSmack
15-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh, and I can't do the tent thing, and I would prefer a cabin over a caravan anyday.

I'm not a Kitty who's into roughing it anymore these days, I did my fair share when I was in the military - filling sandbags and wearing the funny green pyjama's, although I must say the green makeup was a pain in the butt! LOL

Cheers again!

skitz
15-11-2006, 10:15 PM
well thats that then :P lol

leigh (red frog) is GREAT at organising cruises man so it will all work out and she is good with last minute fix ups to ........and if all else fails just spray here with ur wiper jets LOL

newman
15-11-2006, 10:38 PM
yeah sorry, i feel a little rude just coming in and throwing suggestions at you.... just trying to help.

i'd definatly be keen on meeting up with some fellow laser/323 cousins, as i don't see many cause i live in the middle of whoop whoop :( i'll teach you city slickers a lesson hehe

KittyKatSmack
17-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey newman, don't be sorry, it's all good!
It's everyone contributing to the greater whole that makes for a great event.
I'm sure that the Frog and I will no doubt be calling on your local knowledge and like I said, do you want to organise a half day run or something?
No one says we have to stay in Dorrigo but I admit that I wouldn't want to be around Coffs in school holidays (Easter).
We'll all get out and about and check out the sights, but Dorrigo will be better for the big parties in the evenings when the cars are parked and the elbows are bent ;)

Lets keep the enthusiasm going and ensure this is going to be an awesome trip for everyone :)

Bear
11-12-2006, 09:23 PM
All those that were at the big shindig on the long weekend (30th September) are required by LAW to attend this next shindig.

aw crud! and i had so much planned

I'm guessing i'm one of those people without any choice huh?

We'll see if I can sort out at least a mazda by then

KittyKatSmack
18-12-2006, 12:01 PM
*humungoHUGS*

Welcome back Bear.
It will be a great weekend, and you will enjoy yourself thoroughly.
Aaron might want/need a co driver to do the run up there, as I might fly and join in the fun from Coffs Harbour.

And having a Mazda is not a condition of participation ;)

Great to see you back on board AGT :)

skitz
18-12-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah bear u r so in :P a full weekend with me :P cant think of anythink more fun :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bear
20-12-2006, 10:36 PM
hmmm there's a mental image ... me and Aaron crammed into an MX5 tearing up the highway ... I can just imagine a cops reaction staring into that cabin :D

I'm looking forward to it ... and Skitz ... you'll probably get to see why I'm usually considered a bad influence ... the phrase "are you drinking that? and why not?" will probably get used more than once

arden
05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
I havent read the other posts yet but for me, i prefer the annual AGT cruise to be reserved for AGT members. its more of a special once a year event for this forum. Sure for the other cruises, invite omc, omz or whoever.

newman
06-01-2007, 11:23 PM
what about people who have been on astinagt.com for a while but just don't post much? :confused:

arden
06-01-2007, 11:58 PM
what about people who have been on astinagt.com for a while but just don't post much? :confused:

Mate, youre in!!!!u need not even ask!!! :)

Aaron
07-01-2007, 01:03 PM
For a lot of us travelling more than 500km for the cruise the idea of bringing a friend/partner to share driving, fuel and accomodation costs is a good and safe one.

I'm sure every attending will be AGT family be it extended family or the regulars.

A.

Zooming Bravo
07-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Thankgod Janet has an Astina...

skippy
08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Just a little confused as to what is being planned,

Can anyone offer a short description of what is planned, in like 5 or 6 bullet points.

I have read thru a few times and can't nail down what exactly is happening,

Once I have some rough details etc I can look into a drag or skidpan session while we are out there. Assuming people are still keen for this.

FYI,
I did buy the 156 I mentioned earlier, hehehehfunfunfun.

chicaboo
08-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey Vaughan, I think there is a more specific thread put together by Tina with the details here in the Aus wide forum.

bourbon
08-01-2007, 04:49 PM
put down goldie gold and hairy nate on the list :p well be in for sure and will def be camping, more funner we reckon!

chipa
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
So then, this thread seems to have slowed down a fair bit.

Is everyone still happy to keep it going?

Mrs Chipa and myself were looking at coming along but there doesn't seem to have been much happening....

KittyKatSmack
08-01-2007, 06:39 PM
It is still going, this event is going to happen.

I got distracted with that whole Xmas/New Years thing, but rest assured that now that it's over, we'll be focussing on this as one of the biggest AGT events EVER!!!!!!!

Dorifto Dorrigo or BUST

chipa
08-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Cool bananas! Well at this stage you can count Mr & Mrs Chipa in :)

newman
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Once I have some rough details etc I can look into a drag or skidpan session while we are out there. Assuming people are still keen for this.

out of curiousity, where do you plan to be doing this? i think the closest skidpan to coffs is in armidale?

bourbon
09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
we wont be at coffs, well be at dorigo, so even closer to armidale.

skippy
09-01-2007, 09:58 AM
where do you plan to be doing this?

Ahh you are assuming I know something about this, Not so. I have no idea what I am doing but I simply volunteered to find out some stuff.
But your seem to know the area a little atleast so any tips or pointers for us will be greeted with open arms.

Gav,
Yeah I thought there was but couldn't find it.

In other news. I have cleverly worked that there is a skidpan in Armidale now how close that is I am unsure but I have it on good authority there is one there.

skippy
09-01-2007, 10:24 AM
FYI,
Armidale is 125km from Dorrigo,
or 1.5 hours according to Whereis.com

chicaboo
09-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Gav,
Yeah I thought there was but couldn't find it.It's a sticky, so maybe people were prone to looking a little lower: http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7402

Have fun,
Gav.

bourbon
09-01-2007, 12:07 PM
im sure theres gotta be somethin along the coast near coffs or something...

if finding something closer to dorrigo isnt possible, what bout go karts or something like that....

KittyKatSmack
09-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Sounds good to me bourbs.

Let's see how we can break this down. The period we are looking at is fri 6, sat 7, sun 8, mon 9 april!

On the Friday (being Good Friday) I'm thinking that people will be arriving at Dorrigo from all over Australia. Naturally if people want to arrive on Thursday, that is up to them.
So lets count on doing a BBQ catchup get together on the Friday night.
Then we have Saturday and Sunday (Easter Sunday so I'm assuming most everything in Australia is closed) to do karts, drags, whatever. These two days are open to ideas from everyone.
And Monday is a leisurely trip home after a farewell brunch/lunch.
Remembering that it is likely to be double demerits too, our road driving will have to be safe and within the speed limit (AGT supports safe driving practices).

So basically, this means we have 2 days to look, see, do and have fun.

I want to encourage everyone that is coming to the big meet at Dorrigo to develop ideas for things to do.

Bring it on people, and I will update the sticky once we have a clearer idea of what we want to do.

I am really looking forward to this!
Here's hoping it is an event to remember ;)

newman
09-01-2007, 06:14 PM
skid pan ideas....
armidale is the only place, the next closest is probably sydney or brisbane (that has public access and is a dedicated pan). And as you mazda people should know, our gearboxs (entire driveline) are prone to breaking so as fun as it would be, **** trying to get home with a ****ed box etc.., i tried to organise a skidpan day before and they were pretty pompus about it all, only wanted to do it when they wanted too blah blah etc etc. and they were very heavily booked so yeah.
a google search found this link
http://www.sdt.com.au/ADVANCED.htm

go-karts!
http://www.raleighraceway.com.au/pages/gen_f.html
there is a track at Raleigh which is just past bellengin towards coffs harbour, but still 20kms south of coffs (probably 50kms from dorrigo). I have personally been karting on this track within the last 2 weeks! and as usual its bloody fun! but very expensive.
http://www.raleighraceway.com.au/media/misc/RR_OV_pict.jpg

i think i paid $29 for 11 laps, which didn't take very long at all... plus the problem with this on the holiday weekend is it would already be pretty packed and if a group of 20 people turn up and all want to go at once it could almost take an entire day :confused:
also there is a pretty rough dirt road to get to it :(

chicaboo
09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
[Jerry Seinfeld voice]Newman![/Jerry Seinfeld voice]

When you went karting there, did you go on the super duper long track, or the pissy little track?

Gav.

bourbon
09-01-2007, 08:06 PM
i reckon if we can book it for like 20 people, and make a lil competition of it...skippy you reckon you can contact them to see what deals they can do, worst comes to worst we can car pool there :P ill take another 3 people in the back of my car...

newman
09-01-2007, 08:15 PM
[Jerry Seinfeld voice]Newman![/Jerry Seinfeld voice]

When you went karting there, did you go on the super duper long track, or the pissy little track?

Gav.

yeah, when i was there i didn't even notice the little short cut there, i only noticed it once i looked at the photos... the track also has quite a change in terrain! every S corner is like a mini 'chase' like bathurst :D

KittyKatSmack
09-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey fella's,

I'm up for some fun and all that, but can we try to keep the expenses down?

We are pushing it for fuel and accommodation, then we gotta eat etc
Any way we can keep this cheap and cheerful?
It's about the people, but us as opposed to every other bugger off on Easter Holidays :(
I know that we did kinda ask for it by making it a big holiday weekend, but that was the only we can get people to travel any distance.

Has anyone investigated what there actually is in Dorrigo?
Is there some nice scenic lookout we can go to via a twisty mountain road?
*I'm innocent I tell ya*

What are the other options as well?
If people are happy to spend the $$ then they can head off to the karts while the rest of us go on a picnic or see something unique to the area - it's just an idea

Keep the enthusiasm up though, we have a great group of people coming and it's going to be a blast no matter what happens :D

bourbon
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
lets just buy lots of alchamahole and drink drink drink!

newman
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey fella's,

I'm up for some fun and all that, but can we try to keep the expenses down?

We are pushing it for fuel and accommodation, then we gotta eat etc
Any way we can keep this cheap and cheerful?
It's about the people, but us as opposed to every other bugger off on Easter Holidays :(
I know that we did kinda ask for it by making it a big holiday weekend, but that was the only we can get people to travel any distance.

Has anyone investigated what there actually is in Dorrigo?
Is there some nice scenic lookout we can go to via a twisty mountain road?
*I'm innocent I tell ya*

What are the other options as well?
If people are happy to spend the $$ then they can head off to the karts while the rest of us go on a picnic or see something unique to the area - it's just an idea

Keep the enthusiasm up though, we have a great group of people coming and it's going to be a blast no matter what happens :D

for nature related things, check out my post on page 5 ;) i also said in a post earlier that there really is hardly anything to do at dorrigo itself

i'm also sorry to tell people, there is no pulp available in dorrigo ;)

bourbon
09-01-2007, 09:29 PM

no need to worry bout that, why else do you think they call me bourbon :p hahahaha!

newman
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
honestly, i don't even know of a bottle shop in dorrigo, only take away from the pub ....

boostedbatman
10-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the notice on that my new engine wont ever be running on anything less than 100 octane
Bugger now I will have to organise some fuel to take with me

Aaron
10-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Batman, you shoudl be able to fuel on the highway around the Urunga area or failing that Coffs. If you can haul 300km from a tank of juice you'll not really have to worry about fueling in Dorrigo or the hinterland. That said if you _must_ have high octane drop a bottle of booster in the boot just in case.

I know when we arrive we'll be fueling the car _before_ climbing the hill - mainly so we can conveniently drive anywhere without needing to fuel first.

As for things to do - There's some great cruise runs about the place, some great scenery and so on. Ideas include:

* Dorrigo National Park Visitor centre - (at the top of the hill, nice view, bit of info etc)
* Steam Railway (either from the Dorrigo end or the Glenreagh end)
* Urunga - there's a massive long boardwalk from the land out to the beach through tidal flats etc.
* Bruxner Park lookout in Coffs - plus forest twisties around that area
* Coffs Jetty beach area/Muttonbird Island walk

Touristy places:
* Big Banana - free at the bottom, pay for the tour thing (has ice skating and skiiing available too)
* Pet Porpoise Pool
* Assorted watersports

We really have got only two full days and two partial days as people will be coming and going on them. So while I'm all for keepign the group together I think it's also a good idea to be flexible and let people sub-group around.

The Coffs Coast tourism marketing people will be very helpful in providing a lot more info ;) Probably www.coffscoast.com.au for more info.

A.

KittyKatSmack
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about!!
Fanks Mister Kitty ;)

newman: we will all be sure to get our supplies before heading into Dorrigo proper, but thanks for the heads up.

skippy
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
PULP is the 95 stuff isn't it, dam.

Yeah I will have a look and see what I can see around dorrigo,

Re the skidpan or karts, either or not really a biggy to me, I just want to do something, if I am there two days I expect one with driving and maybe an activity and the other will be hungover near a pool or body of water and maybe working up to a late arvo BBQ or cruise

One thing I will say is I personally don't care if activites are a little way away as they are nice scenic roads and driving is fun anyway.

newman
10-01-2007, 08:20 PM
* Urunga - there's a massive long boardwalk from the land out to the beach through tidal flats etc.

here is a photo i took on new years day 2007 from the urunga boardwalk, its really quite nice!

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9899/imgp1429rs8.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1429rs8.jpg)

there may be 95 ron in dorrigo, but there is definatly no 98ron, closest 98 ron is a BP just on the north side of urunga

Aaron
11-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Thanks Newman - I thought that'd be the case with the fuel, it's not a long trip up the hill from there so I'm sure the Batmobile will do fine topping off in the Coffs/Urunga area and then running up.

On a related note - would anyone be interested in doing a "Head 'n' Hump" Run which would start on the coast and basically take in most of the vehcile accessible Headlands, drive the roads along the beaches (all sealed) cut up to a few look outs on the coastal ranges and then do a loop through the hilly country passing before a highway jaunt back down south?

Also who's interested in taking in some of the "out of car" walking exercises like Muttonbird Island & Marina, the Boardwalk in Urunga, The Dorrigo National Park Visitor Center, The Big Banana (not much walking) I would be interested in seeing if we could visit the Temple in Woolgoolga as this is a great landmark most keep driving past and anchors the centre of Australias largest Indian community.

There's so many beaches and coastal rivers to see that we really won't have problems finding stuff to do. I also belive that if we consider mornings to be "free" so that people can rise when they feel like it and plan most events from say 11am. I for one think that doing an evening beach walk/visit would be cool also...

Another consideration is that this will be Easter, and while in Coffs Harbour things will be mostly open there's still not as much trading over the Good Friday and Easter Sunday/Monday. So a day for all the eventing would be Saturday, with resting on Sunday and maybe a couple of light bits of cruising. Friday and Monday would be more about getting to Dorrigo, securing Food! and packing/leaving.

I have set up Thurday > Wednesday to not be at work, so hopefully we'll be there early Friday and leave on Tuesday.

For those outside of a nice driving radius Qantas and Virgin both fly into COffs Harbour and I'm sure you could rent a car for cheap, or be picked up by other participants. Don't consider a Taxi from Coffs to Dorrigo. :) I do know that the flights could end up being cheaper than fuel from say Melb or Canberra for a single body if booked well in advance...

As for costs to get there.

I generally factor on doing 1000km from Canberra to Coffs Harbour, ie two tanks. It's really only about 810km. From Sydney you'd probably be able to run up the highway to Urunga and fuel there, then jump up the hill to Dorrigo. From Brissy you'd want to fuel around Bonville/Boambee (just south of Coffs) and then continue south and up the hill. There are good large servos on the highway just south of the turnoff to Bellingen/Dorrigo.

As we get closer to the date we'll check will all the local supermarket type places and find out their trading hours over the break so we all can be prepared to self cater at night and morning and have food without dirivng 100km to pick up Maccas for everyone

I'm hoping the Butcher in Dorrigo is still going, that is some of the best meat you'll get ;)
;)

A.

skitz
11-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Sounds great man. I cant wait!

As for the "out of car" things why not. As it's double demerits, so if we arnt in our cars it kinda lowers the chance of any issues. I am not saying that the driving wont be fun too but i am up for both. Or what ever is planned out

KittyKatSmack
12-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I am so excited about Dorrigo, it's going to be awesome!

I really want to see some of the sights the area has to offer.
That boardwalk shot of newman's looks great.

Aaron's idea of the lookout points means we can take some nice photo's of the cars with scenic backdrops.

In keeping with an economic event, we could all pack a picnic and that way we can have lunch wherever we choose, somewhere that is not full of holiday'ing folks and their eating, screaming, poo'ing machines.

Speaking of uglee babies, is there anyone actually planning on bringing any rugrats?
Personally, I do not want any spawn staying with us or near us.
It's not like any of us can relax with those things around and I don't want anything to ruin this event for all of us.
I would like to make it a child free zone, less sprogs, more drinkies - We tried a few cocktails at our Xmas Eve party and it was awesome. My new favourite is the "Cuban Missile Crisis". Shall we make one of the nights a cocktail night? Where everyone can relax, have a few laughs, and catchup with each other.
I know I would like to spend some time drooling over the Batmobile :)

Don't worry skitz, there will be plenty of variety and opportunity to enjoy the weekend. I'm all for adding the 'out of car' experiences, and balance it with some of the twisties and nice roads of the area. Hopefully a bit of choice for everyone although I don't want to split the group up if we can help it. For the karts, we might give a bit of choice on that one as I am pretty sure Aaron and I won't have the $$ for it.
Either way, I think we should start plugging in the events we want to do and see where that leaves us.

I'd be recommending that we book accommodation ASAP because I certainly do not want to get there and find we can't all fit, and it would be good to be able to park the cars together etc. I want to stay in a cabin with running water and a bathroom.
If there is a kitchen with a fridge, maybe we can all pitch in for cereal, milk, eggs, baked beans, bread and butter etc so we have enough staples for everyone. Maybe on the Saturday we can have a nice lunch somewhere, but I don't want to rely on takeaway for everything. Too exxy!!
We'll all make a list of what we like and we can all stop at a supermarket/shop on the way to Dorrigo so we at least have enough food to see us through the long weekend for breakfasts and bbq goodness.

I've been updating the first page of the sticky thread, please check to see if your name is on the list, and if it isn't - let me know so I can add you.

It would be nice to spend some time on a nice beach somewhere - we don't get much of a chance to do that here in Canberra ;)

Where is Leigh? Froggy? Where are you O'Frogness?
:p

bourbon
12-01-2007, 01:55 PM
hahahah i think me kazz nate coley and froggy would end up drinkin no matter what...but were totally innocent like we were at your wedding mrs kitty :p

skippy
12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Important to note,

Bottle shops are shut on good friday,

I have been burned before.

newman
12-01-2007, 03:35 PM
you can put me down for attending this 'cruise', it'd be good to catch up with some mazda cousins. i wont be staying in dorrigo though but would definatly be keen for some cruising around.

just a question? how many people intent to be traveling up the pacific and how many up the new england highways?

KittyKatSmack
14-01-2007, 09:31 AM
not sure which way we will be travelling newman, but if you were to post up the different route's and the benefits/disadvantages of each, I'm sure that will help people get ideas on which way they want to travel. It will also give everyone an estimate of how long it will take and what stopovers and shopping trips to do on the way.

Aaron and I are happy to have our southern AGT family members stay with us on the journey north. It's a loooooooong trip for us, so lets make sure it's a safe one and we have plenty of driver reviver breaks.

Cheers from caffiene kitty!!

newman
29-01-2007, 04:16 PM
righto kids, i was there over the long weekend.

Dorrigo only has 92 ron and ethanol fuel
Bellengin only has 92 and 95 ron fuel
North Urunga (on the highway) has a BP with ultimate 98ron
Nambucca has a BP with Ultimate (off the highway) and a Shell with 95 ron
Coffs has BP Ultimate 98ron, Shell v-power 98ron and votex 98

chipa
29-01-2007, 08:59 PM
How far are these towns from Dorrigo? Might give us a better idea...

Has anyone looked at possible accomodation that is free for that weekend?

marcs_sp20
29-01-2007, 09:43 PM
How far are these towns from Dorrigo? Might give us a better idea...

Has anyone looked at possible accomodation that is free for that weekend?

I second that notion.

Also would it be possible to split up the list of ppl who are attending into states? Would make it much easier for members (eg queensland/brisbanians) to organise a cruise together so ppl dont get lost.

Im really looking forward to this cruise, bring on easter ;)

Marc

newman
29-01-2007, 11:25 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/namwens/Untitled-2.jpg

scale bar on the left if you want an idea of distance.....

newman
29-01-2007, 11:28 PM
oh, and to the west is armidale, which is 150 odd kms from dorrigo and they have:
Shell V-power and Caltex Vortex 98

bradsp20
31-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Kitty sounds good

could you please put me down as a maybe

cheers

Brad

skitz
01-02-2007, 09:35 PM
hey kitty are we going to be going coastal or inland from canberra?

KittyKatSmack
04-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Hiya again everyone,

It's great to see everyone is still motivated and enthusiastic about this meet.
I'm really excited about it.
I hope it's not the last time we see Red Frog before she heads O/S!
We'll make it the AGT Annual Meet Farewell Froggy - AGTAMFF!!

skitz: I think we'll go inland but it will also depend on if we meet up with the Sydneysiders too. Best to ask Aaron what is happening on that score.

Has anyone been in contact with the accomodation folks? I sent them an email last year but I am wondering if they're going to get booked up.
We should all think about booking accom ASAP.

I'm hoping that Rupe and Cosmo and the other Victorians will come and stay with us on their way north. We can offer floorspace but the big Sac thingo is headed into the garage until we move because the cats are climbing it and damaging the fabric with their claws.

Seeing as it's February, and the Cruise is coming up soon, we all need to move our butts and get ourselves sorted.

See y'all at the AGTAMFF! :D

bourbon
05-02-2007, 11:32 AM
wonder if ya need to book campingsite...cause i think might get a powered one maybe maybe not cause its kool to have music...

KittyKatSmack
05-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey, anyone heard from Frog lately?
I've been sending her emails, PM's and SMS.
I hope she's doing ok.

Leigh: I miss you!

I would suggest booking ASAP.
We'll be booking in a week or two from now *fingers crossed*

bourbon
05-02-2007, 03:19 PM
froggy was up here last week but should of been back home by the weekend...

KittyKatSmack
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Did she say she was still keen on Dorrigo?

I hope she is.
Wouldn't be the same without her.

I am really getting mega excited about this.
Dorrigo at Easter time and hopefully *fingers crossed* we will go on our honeymoon in May :)

KittyKatSmack
06-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Good friday is the 7th April
Easter Monday is 9th April
Aaron is taking an extra day off on either side of Easter.

It's like 2 months away and counting!!!

Victorian and southern members are welcome to drive to Canberra and stop overnight on our way up North although we can only really offer floorspace at this stage.
It's time to start planning who's meeting where.
If we go the inland route, it means Sydney folks either need to come out and meet up with us, or go the coast route and organise their own trip. I'm hoping Leigh will sort that bit out.
The QLD'ers need to organise their own cruise down south too, so can someone organise that too?
Is anyone coming from SA, WA or NT? Seriously, it would be worth the trip!!

Also, those that are coming, please make your bookings for the accommodation.

newman: are you up for organising one of the cruises?

One final thing, skitz's mate that is coming up is going to be having his 18th while with us in Dorrigo, I think we need to make it a night to remember (or forget *weg*)

Aaron and I will be booking in the next few weeks, and if you want us to book for you, then you need to send Aaron the money.

What else?
hrmmmm I'm sure there will be heaps to do between now and then.
As long as Leigh gets the pinata and guitar for us ;)
How do you spell Coombaiya?
lol

mill_mobile
06-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Damn, i wish i was coming on this cruise :(
I will have to get my sh!t together and come up sometime for a cruise and meet a few of you - sounds like quite a bit of fun ;)
Does anyone know how much about it would cost to take a car up to the *mainland* from *down under*?
I feel very isoloated down here *deep sigh*!

Rupewrecht
06-02-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/ ;)

mill_mobile
06-02-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/ ;)
Thanks ;)
The $$ isnt too bad.
With a bit of luck i will be over this year sometime :)

KittyKatSmack
06-02-2007, 12:53 PM
We will put on a special cruise for you, especially if you are going to make such a huge effort!
It's too bad you can't catch the spirit of tassie to Sydney and drive to Dorrigo for Easter, but it would cost a fortune I'm sure.

We'll have a moment's silence for the mill_mobile :)

newman
06-02-2007, 01:09 PM
KittyKatSmack: at this stage im still unsure if im going to be able to make it :( also organising a cruise will depend on which direction people are going to dorigo from.... But if i can't make it, i can assit with organising a day cruise of some description :)

IF i can't make it, i'll be in Tamworth at the time and i would be keen to meet some of you on the way through depending on if you travel up the New England Highway or up the Pacific...

KittyKatSmack
06-02-2007, 01:11 PM
newman: maybe you can come up on the Saturday or something?
We'll def. stop and say hi if we end up travelling thru Tamworth, depending on the time of day and how buggered we all are with all that driving.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that you will be able to join in on the fun :)

mill_mobile
06-02-2007, 02:07 PM
We will put on a special cruise for you, especially if you are going to make such a huge effort!
It's too bad you can't catch the spirit of tassie to Sydney and drive to Dorrigo for Easter, but it would cost a fortune I'm sure.

We'll have a moment's silence for the mill_mobile :)
Yeah! Sounds like a plan ;)
I might have to suss out the easter option - might be a bit hard to get time off work then tho as everyone prob wants it then :(
When i come i will have to get someone to follow around!!!! or i will have to find a damn fine road map ;)
I am looking forward to it already :)

KittyKatSmack
06-02-2007, 02:45 PM
It would be awesome if you could join in on the fun.

I was just chatting about the whole yearly catchup thing, and saying that in 2008 (I don't know what I'm doing next week, so next year already?????) we will go south.
although I had the BEST time doing Tassie, and the Targa route is brilliant, I think we'll stick to VIC.
Get some of those Victorian members doing some work for a change ;)
*runs*

mill_mobile
06-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Yep, if i dont make it this year i will be keen for that.
Even if i do make it this year i could do another trip ;)
I'm getting excited already *big grin*

KittyKatSmack
06-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Another trip?!?

You have more energy than I do, LOL!

This year I have
March: Dorrigo
May: Honeymoon
Sept: another wedding + our 1st anniversary together
Oct: Dubbo Zoo - maybe

I'm all out but I know the Victorian AGT'ers will look after you and there may be others just waiting for an excuse to travel south :)

Have you considered flying from Tasmania to Coffs Harbour? It might be the cheaper alternative and certainly a lot quicker.
Or why not fly to Melbourne and travel to Dorrigo and back with one of the Vic contingent?

We'd all love to see you join the party :)

mill_mobile
06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Have you considered flying from Tasmania to Coffs Harbour? It might be the cheaper alternative and certainly a lot quicker.
Or why not fly to Melbourne and travel to Dorrigo and back with one of the Vic contingent?

We'd all love to see you join the party :)
That could be an idea...... although i would love to bring Gumby the Green BJ up and give it a decent run!
I will see what happens closer to the time.
I havent been outta Tas for a few years - i think a trip is well overdue.

Sp33dY
06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Mark me as a maybe with Rupey .

*breaks into song and sings Movin' right along by the Muppets (Fozzie + Kermit).*

KittyKatSmack
06-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Rupey and Sp33dy
sounds like a fun trip :eek:

In the bug or the Astina?
What about your car sp33dy? :D

Rupewrecht
06-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Dunno in what yet, i'll have to see.

And he drives a big white racing fridge!

KittyKatSmack
06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I saw, I didn't know they made those things that big!
At least you will have lots of luggage space, and if the accom is booked, you can sleep in the car ;)

Sp33dY
06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Not takin my fridge, with any luck it may be gone by then.... so i may not have a car. :|

Cosmo Dude
06-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Kitty,
99% sure that me and the V6 will be coming up. When you have some detail on the accomodation let me know and I'll send through some bucks.

Sp33dY
07-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Mark me as a maybe with Rupey .

And take me off again ..... too hectic before/after the easter long weekend and I cant get the time off work anyhow, and im havin holidays at end of march already, plus my best friends wedding the weekend after easter . :mad: Sorry!

KittyKatSmack
07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Next time Sp33dy

Cosmo:
Accom is either camping or cabin.
Details here:
http://www.dorrigomountainresort.com.au/cabin_prices.html
http://www.dorrigomountainresort.com.au/candc_prices.html

Aaron and I will be booking one of the double cabins, but the family cabins are also an option for those that are willing to share, and split the costs :)

I'm going to give them a call now and make sure they're not already all booked out!!

KittyKatSmack
07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Please go and check out the other thread for updates.
I've also listed the types of accom so everyone can nominate their preferred option.

For example: Aaron and I have booked a double cabin (I did it over the phone just now) and we will be using their bedding so we don't have to take any of our own.

Also, if you are looking at the prices, please note that it is peak season.

I really want to get the bookings done ASAP.

Cheers,
^..^

Red Frog
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
is this where i post miss kitty?
i'll put myself in a cabin and take top bunk! lol
And i'm thinking Saloon ;)
how do i go about paying/booking? i call them up and book under AGT?
BUT before I do that, who wants to share the cabin.
Nate, Elle, Coley, Kaz, Hairy Nate, Dan? I'm not gonna book a cabin if no ones gonna go in with me.
I'm happy to put it on my credit card, but need an idea of ppl who are interested in sharing.

I think for the NSW ppls, it might b fine to go coastal rds. I dunno what the traffic will be like this year, but i know i drove up to coffs easter last year, and we only got stuck in traffic at buladelah and when lane's were merging. don't mind how i come home.
In otherwords, is anyone willingly to pick me up on the friday morning at the beginning of the F3? or i've got work on the thurs, but will be finished by about 3.30pm.

bourbon
07-02-2007, 07:02 PM
well froggy me and kaz are gonna camp its funner plus we like to camp and its a hella lot cheeaper! :D

boostedbatman
07-02-2007, 08:27 PM
May be having some issues myself
Engine Builder is booked out still and I am doing my best to get hold of the parts I need to get this thing rolling and am having supply issues there as well
8 weeks out and car is still on blocks
I am working to get this done and will be in a bad mood if it doesnt happen
110% effort from the bat to get there
It will ****e me more if just 1 thing ruins this but I still have faith

newman
07-02-2007, 09:40 PM
please remember people, it gets f'ing cold in dorigo.... even in summer! so if you're camping make sure you pack 10 jumpers :) at least

KittyKatSmack
08-02-2007, 08:42 AM
O'Froggy one: I have put you in a bunk in the 'Saloon' like we said ;)

Bourbs: I've put you and Kaz down for a campsite, can you let me know if you want a powered site or not?

Batman: I do hope you and the cat will come, Astina enhanced or not.
Do you both want a family cabin to share with some of the others, or would you like a double cabin to yourselves?

newman: Thanks for reminding us that, is there anyway we can check to see what temp's should be like? BOM for example?
Also, I hope you can come and join us for at least one of the nights of the big meet.

What does everyone think of the Hall idea?
It's $60 a day, which is $2 per person divided by 30 people.
We could hold a big party, fancy dress, funny hats or murder mystery LOL
(just jks about murder mystery as I've never done one and think it would be very funny)
We have an 18th Birthday to celebrate, and maybe we can make some Presentations
ie/ Dirtiest Astina, Furthest Travelled, Most Astina Like Non-Astina, Best Presentation Suggestion etc. Put up some ideas
Who would we get to be MC for presento's and stuff?

If we're all staying Fri night, Sat night and Sun night, it might be best Sat night.
Firstly, shops are open on Saturday for supplies
Secondly, no one will have a long drive home with a hangover the next day
Thirdly, we can see how many cat driven, cat ornamented, beetles we can float in the air with helium balloons LOL

Just an idea at this stage :)

mill_mobile
08-02-2007, 08:55 AM
AAAARRRGGGHHHH
*Cries from not being able to make it*
I think i'll have to stop reading this thread - its getting me depressed :(;)

Rupewrecht
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
is this where i post miss kitty?
i'll put myself in a cabin and take top bunk! lol
And i'm thinking Saloon ;)
how do i go about paying/booking? i call them up and book under AGT?
BUT before I do that, who wants to share the cabin.
Nate, Elle, Coley, Kaz, Hairy Nate, Dan? I'm not gonna book a cabin if no ones gonna go in with me.
I'm happy to put it on my credit card, but need an idea of ppl who are interested in sharing.

well, i'll go in for a cabin if you want, otherwise i'll probably just do the tent thang. i'm easy (and lazy).

bourbon
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
thanx kitty, well prob end up gettin a powered site so we can have music and stuff :D and lights.

KittyKatSmack
08-02-2007, 10:49 AM
roger dodger

When we find out how many want to camp v's cabins, I'll try to get them all together in the one area.

bourbs, can you get everyone that wants to camp with you to give me an idea of numbers?

bourbon
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO CAMP LET ME KNOW SO I CAN LET KITTY KNOW :p hahahha!

newman
08-02-2007, 01:15 PM
here are some interesting facts for dorrigo:

On average, the wettest town in Australia is Tully (N QLD) with an annual average rainfall of 4,204mm. In NSW, the wettest town is Dorrigo with an average of 2,004mm per year.

Ref: (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~darrengiles/articles/factsandfigures.htm)

Dorrigo, New South Wales
April 2006 Daily Weather Observations

on Friday 7/4/2006 the minimum was 4.0 and the max was 19.7 :p

Click Here (http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/200604/html/IDCJDW2040.200604.shtml)

Weather extremes during March 2006

Highest total rainfall
Wettest overall 639.7 mm Dorrigo (Old Coramba Rd)

Ref: (http://www.bom.gov.au/announcements/media_releases/nsw/20060401nsw.shtml)

Average temperature ranges

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/images/chart_temp_dorrigo.gif

However, this is the national park, not the town itself... the Town has a higher altitude than the national park :)

Ref: (http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/parks.nsf/ParkContent/N0011?OpenDocument&ParkKey=N0011&Type=S)

And here is an indication of the terrain of where dorigo is... I've also marked on where bellengin and urunga are, aswell as marked in the elevation to give you some kind of comparison

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/namwens/th_googleearthskywalk.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/namwens/?action=view&current=googleearthskywalk.jpg)

KittyKatSmack
08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
That's awesome newman!!!

Thanks so much, I certainly appreciate it :)

newman
08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
yeah, with that average temp thing, i highly doubt it ever got to 20 in july...

just remember that they are AVERAGES, so the lowest mark is the Average of the lowest temps... so im april i'd still be expecting temp down as low as 0-5 at night :D

marcs_sp20
09-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Just a thought, would it be a good idea making stickers with our usernames on them so that other members know who you are... whats everyone think???

chicaboo
09-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I dunno, some of us are very unmistakeable identities, even at first sight. Everyone recognised the chicaboo straight away. :p

And if we wore nametags, noone would even try to talk to Michael Hope. ;)

bourbon
09-02-2007, 08:36 PM
And if we wore nametags, noone would even try to talk to Michael Hope. ;)

ohhhhhhh come on theyll all be over him...hes the pop star!

Red Frog
12-02-2007, 03:45 AM
I doubt most of us need name tags....you don't forget us on mass, bcos we all shine in our own little ways. Let me see....You shouldn't forget Kitty, Bourbs, Me, Beckie, Chicaboo, Kyle, Dan....all of us have our own "personalities" that are constantly unique to everyone else ;) lol And we all look quite different from one another too.
However, for those who are NEW or relatively new to the AGT family, then name tags for you may be a good idea. I usually respsond to most names neways ;) lol

Alrighty, I'm bringing the guitar and pinata, but i might need someone with guitar talent and skills to play it. i have a limited range of repetoire that i can play on it ;) lol

skitz
12-02-2007, 04:04 AM
ow leigh u called me unique sob sob i am "S,PECI>AL" lol ow and i think we should introduce our selfs as our user name first as it is what the newer ppl (including myself) have gotten to know everyone by and then once ppl have match the user name with a face confuese the crap out of them with ur real name

bourbon
12-02-2007, 11:11 PM
ill wear a name tag hahaah just to shove it all in your faces :p

skitz
13-02-2007, 01:33 AM
just wear ur pimp hat :P

bourbon
13-02-2007, 01:58 AM
just wear ur pimp hat :P

ill wear that toooooo!

Rupewrecht
13-02-2007, 03:02 AM
is that the toilet hat? :p

bourbon
13-02-2007, 03:13 AM
hahahahah nooooooooooooooooooo that went in the bin along long time ago in a far away galaxy where the republic had just been over thrown in the greek council by the democrats where street racing was going on everynight with neons that flash all different colours...and how can i forget where that michael "pr1m0" was actually born a girl and she was a pop star like he is!!!

KittyKatSmack
14-02-2007, 01:36 AM
*remembers wedding music*

hahahahahahaha

Darth Kitty

http://www.neko-sama.com/darthphillips.bmp

chicaboo
14-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Random post: Has ASTINA GIRL gotten smaller lately?

Gav.

KittyKatSmack
14-02-2007, 02:00 AM
um, I don't think so.....

I 'save as' the original one, so it should be the same.

I have been pondering some new ones, and I snurched this one from someone a little while back, what do you think?
http://www.neko-sama.com/lick.gif

chicaboo
14-02-2007, 02:08 AM
I have a bigger version of that kitty licker... :rolleyes: :D

Rupewrecht
14-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Astina girl is still the same size as when i made her!

*insert evil mad scientist laugh here*

bourbon
14-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Astina girl is still the same size as when i made her!

*insert evil mad scientist laugh here*

ahhaha dan you need a girlfriend or a pr1mo what ever one makes you happy :p hahaha!!!

skitz
14-02-2007, 02:18 AM
snap

Rupewrecht
14-02-2007, 02:27 AM
LOL. If i was gay, i'd have better taste than mike!

chicaboo
14-02-2007, 02:29 AM
LOL. If i was gay, i'd have better taste than mike!It's OK big Dahndi, he still digs you! :p

bourbon
14-02-2007, 02:32 AM
hahahaha...has he been booted again??? cause he hasnt been around!!! he coming to this thingy??? if so would he need a big wrestling style entracne with the announcers and all the fireworks and some of his very own pop music playing???

chicaboo
14-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Please, let's not talk about Screech's entrance...

KittyKatSmack
16-02-2007, 01:26 PM
OK, so has everyone decided on what accomodation they want?
Who has booked already that isn't on the list in the other thread?

Who is organising the meet up and cruise from QLD?

We also should start a shopping list so we can all chip in and have enough food for everyone for the weekend, remember that shops will be closed on Sunday. Things like cereal, milk, coffee for the mornings, mixers for evening drinks and CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!

Cosmo & Rupewrecht are coming from Melbourne, any other VIC's coming on this trip?
We need to know when you will be leaving and your approximate ETA to here (unless you want to drive all the way through to Dorrigo but that's a loooooooooong trip).
Aaron and I will be sorting out our travel plans once we know what you VIC's are doing etc. The offer is open to you too chipa.
Although we only have floorspace to offer, it's here if anyone wants a break on the journey north and then we can all travel Convoy style
"That's a BIG ten four Rubber Ducky"

:D

Rupewrecht
16-02-2007, 01:55 PM
No idea! I'll just wing it.

bourbon
16-02-2007, 03:10 PM
kitty what you on bout mixers for arvo drinks :p beer all day dont forget its holidays so its BEER O'CLOCK every hour of the day.

and yeah im pretty sure well get a powered sitebut yet to book... :o

Cosmo Dude
16-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Gotta have a chat with the boss, my training schedule has been totaly SNAFUed in the last week so I hope to change my NSW dates to the week prior to Easter and send my kit directly to Perth so that I'm back on track. Else I'll drive up Thursday arriving in Canberra just in time for an afternoon ale or two :D

chicaboo
16-02-2007, 07:27 PM
What is this "SNAFU"?

Aaron
17-02-2007, 10:01 AM
SNAFU = Situation Normal: All F**ked Up

teamjess
17-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm Jesse, found my way over from OMC, then OZMAZDA :)

I lived in the Dorrigo area (Bellingen) for 3yrs, so know the area well and would love to be in on this cruise with my daughter Jordyn (she'll be 3 months old in April) and my BF Matt.

We are going to Bellingen for the long weekend to stay with my parents, and then Jordyn n I will be driving home with OMC from their Coffs Harbour cruise around the 25th of April, and Matt will fly home to Sydney on the Monday of the long weekend (Bellingen is at the foot of Dorrigo mountain)

So we wont need to stay anywhere, but will come up and spend the days etc with you all! YAY

p.s if anyone is in need of a place to stay thats cheaper than a hotel etc, my parents house is an old ashram with 35 beds, 8 bathrooms on 35 acres etc.. lol i'm sure we can work something out if anyone needs it :p

Lunchbox#bg
18-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately I cant Make it this year.....
Couldnt get time off work and my budget wont alow it... (sucks because i finally Got the car To run again after 3 days of Pulling the damned thing apart... i wont go into detail but it made me walk to work at 4 in the morning)
sorry i really wanted to go...

coley
19-02-2007, 09:40 PM
who is coming that hasnt book accomodation ? looking to book 6 person cabin mabye?

chicaboo
19-02-2007, 09:55 PM
I would love to say I will be going at this time, but my leg is still FUBAR and my flywheel is shaking to hell still, so the trip might cost me the big end bearings in my crank. However it's likely that my leg will be better by then, but I don't think my car will be. :( So unless someone wants to drag me around EVERYWHERE with them, I am kinda stuck... AGAIN! iiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeEEEEEEE!

Grumpy,
Gav.

Rupewrecht
19-02-2007, 10:12 PM
You get there and i might use you as ballast :p

chicaboo
19-02-2007, 10:15 PM
You get there and i might use you as ballast :pI'm really handy for left handers! :D

bourbon
19-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm really handy for left handers! :D

YAY im left handed :D hahaha whats handy???

anyway who is kamping???

Rupewrecht
19-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm really handy for left handers! :D

No, with the extra weight in the front of the car, you're going in the boot.

chicaboo
19-02-2007, 10:35 PM
No, with the extra weight in the front of the car, you're going in the boot.With my new wheels I hope!:p

Rupewrecht
19-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Nate said you weren't that flexible.

chicaboo
19-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Nate said you weren't that flexible.Nate's flexible enough, maybe he should ride in the boot. :p

Red Frog
19-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Nate's flexible enough, maybe he should ride in the boot. :p

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/klish21/AGT%20Canberra%20Post%20Wedding%20Cruise/IMG_0002copy.jpg

Red Frog
19-02-2007, 11:52 PM
who is coming that hasnt book accomodation ? looking to book 6 person cabin mabye?

coley, dave :p and i have been allocated to the "saloon" cabin. so you guys are more than welcome to shack up w/ us.
nate: i couldn't hear u properly on the phone, but yeah, as above or you and elle can get ur own. i'm happy with woteva goes :) as i'll b intoxicated for most of the time neways.

coley
20-02-2007, 10:46 AM
i think nate wants to be in with you guys as well is that ok ,im gonna see if thupa man wants to come aswell

KittyKatSmack
20-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Righto, the list of attendee's that have NOT booked is:

chicaboo - remember you wanted a double cabin and it is likely to be booked out soon
brian + danielle
papatonga
twiggy
The Bat and the Cat
skippy - whether you still have the astina or not ok?
Osprey
Mr Shadow & Carine
Bear
bradsp20 Brad + Blackie are a maybe
mike

17 people NOT BOOKED so please please please let us know ASAP what's happening. If you're not coming to Dorrigo, let me know and I will remove your name from the list.

The people who HAVE said they're coming is:
*kitty + aaron
*red frog
skitz + Johnathon <-- who is turning 18 *partay partay*
beckie + astro
*nate
*coley
*thupaman
Cosmo rod- in the new Astina!!
*Rupewrecht
*Mr & Mrs Chipa
Bourbon & Kaz

16 people HAVE BOOKED
Those that have confirmed they're coming and have rung up and booked will have an asterisk * next to their name.

If you don't have * next to your name, can you either ring Greg at Dorrigo Mountain Resort and book, or let me know you want me to book for you.

Keep the updates coming y'all

Rupewrecht
20-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Rupewrecht - DanDave, c'mon you know you want to and the Bat said you

i have booked :p

cya the thursday...sometime!

bourbon
20-02-2007, 05:23 PM
ill have to ring them this weekend...hopefully can do that... :D

Red Frog
20-02-2007, 08:21 PM
hey kittywa,

i'm pretty sure you know, but can you please book for me, and whenever payment is needed let me know ASAP and i can pay whoever.

thanks hun :)

coley: that is kewlness, just as long as there are enuff beds for everyone.
I BAGS TOP BUNK!!!!!!!

coley
20-02-2007, 08:29 PM
there will be enough beds
nate and ell- double
you and me - bunks
dave and thupa man- futon
or me and eric on futon thingy cos that would probably freak dave out if he slept with a thupa man
either that or you and me on the futon yay for us sharing beds
"ahh coley who undressed me last night?????, you did"

KittyKatSmack
20-02-2007, 11:33 PM
there will be enough beds
either that or you and me on the futon yay for us sharing beds
"ahh coley who undressed me last night?????, you did"

OMG
mental picture, oh hang on, there is a picture or 2 of under the table right?

Seriously, I can't wait.
I think I should donate my 'kimmy' to coley seeing as you two will be hanging together.

Dave - you're on camera duty ;)

coley
21-02-2007, 08:51 PM
who or what is kimmy ,so confused right now

coley
22-02-2007, 11:08 AM
just thought i would let you know that thupa man (eric) is comin cos you can put him down on the list, so kitty do we have to ring up the place or what ?once again i dont really know what is goin on but nathan told me to take charge of our booking someone please help me ..........here kitty kitty kitty

KittyKatSmack
22-02-2007, 11:32 PM
you called?

Kimmy is awesome, the Frog of Redness will confirm ;)

Ring if you want, or I can ring for you, just let me know.

This is going to be one awesome get together, I can hardly wait!!!!!!!

newman
23-02-2007, 10:02 AM
so whats happening? i've missed about that last 4 pages of 'info'... and i don't want to read it :P

KittyKatSmack
23-02-2007, 10:35 AM
newman: all the info is in the other thread, that's why it's locked, so you can read one page of info without our chatter.

LOL

I was browsing eBay, as you do, and I found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WOW-5x-BLACK-Party-SUPER-AFRO-fancy-dress-costume-WIG_W0QQitemZ160087663217QQihZ006QQcategoryZ103124 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
How funny!!!

We were chatting with Dr Skitz yesterday afternoon, and came up with an idea. You know how the front panels are not painted and are in grey primer, we said we would get everyone at Dorrigo to sign his car. Poor skitz nearly died on the spot, but I thought it would be cool. I mean, if he doesn't like it, he can just sand it back right?
Or we could all buy one of those spray pack paint cans or the touch up paint pen, in noble green and sign with that, less primer and more noble green LMAO!
Then there's this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/High-Pressure-ELECTRIC-AIRLESS-PAINT-Spray-GUN-Sprayer_W0QQitemZ160087663103QQihZ006QQcategoryZ22 779QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Skitz goes to bed and wakes up to "OMG what happened to my car?"

Rupewrecht
23-02-2007, 10:46 AM
It's scary, but i have both that afro wig, and that airless spray gun...

coley
23-02-2007, 12:26 PM
kitty can you organise it cos i have no idea what im doin........and nates scary so i dont wanna ask him . mabye leigh could do it lol we will be staying with her so it will leigh,dave/dan, elli,nate,thupaman(eric) and i.

Red Frog
23-02-2007, 11:31 PM
oi! hahaha
hey kitty, cole and i had a fab spectacular idea.....
if we're renting the hall out - which i think should be done regardless - we were thinking of having a dress up competition. we can organise awards for worst mullet, best dressed, sexiest tranny, etc etc :)
coley and i already know what we're wearing ;) lol

what dya think everybody?

Red Frog
23-02-2007, 11:36 PM
I was browsing eBay, as you do, and I found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WOW-5x-BLACK-Party-SUPER-AFRO-fancy-dress-costume-WIG_W0QQitemZ160087663217QQihZ006QQcategoryZ103124 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
How funny!!!

We were chatting with Dr Skitz yesterday afternoon, and came up with an idea. You know how the front panels are not painted and are in grey primer, we said we would get everyone at Dorrigo to sign his car. Poor skitz nearly died on the spot, but I thought it would be cool. I mean, if he doesn't like it, he can just sand it back right?
Or we could all buy one of those spray pack paint cans or the touch up paint pen, in noble green and sign with that, less primer and more noble green LMAO!
Then there's this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/High-Pressure-ELECTRIC-AIRLESS-PAINT-Spray-GUN-Sprayer_W0QQitemZ160087663103QQihZ006QQcategoryZ22 779QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Skitz goes to bed and wakes up to "OMG what happened to my car?"

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! :D

bourbon
24-02-2007, 12:14 AM
yes lets do the wig thungy

bourbon
24-02-2007, 12:24 AM
the one id get AHAAAAJJAJAAHAHHAHA
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PRE-HISTORIC-BEARD-AND-WIG-SET-FULL-HEAD-NEW-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ290083691201QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10312 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or would you all prefer
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BR-NEW-REALISTIC-GORILLA-KING-KONG-COSTUME-SUIT-1-NR_W0QQitemZ300083906767QQihZ020QQcategoryZ111238Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KittyKatSmack
24-02-2007, 06:45 AM
Go Team Gorilla!

bourbon
24-02-2007, 10:20 AM
even if i have a gorilla suit on or a caveman beard and hair ill be wearing a hate :p hahahahahaahah! styling thats all it is...STYLING!

Red Frog
27-02-2007, 08:03 PM
i'll be bringing my kimmy retro style!! |+ my red, cute devil ears. they'll go down well if there's a campfire, guitar and pinata!

BUMP grind BUMP grind......DORRIGO STYLE!

KittyKatSmack
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
ok peeps, time is counting down until the BIGGEST EVENT EVA!

I'm going to start hassling those we haven't heard from in a while to see if they're still keen.

Just make sure ya's book because we don't want to find that there's no room for us all.

Is there consensus about hiring the hall for a day @ $60 per day?