PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Install

MrShadow
14-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Wooooo!!!! Car goes into the audio shop on Saturday for front speaker install and sound dead front doors!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Yeah!!!!!! can hardly wait.

woooot????

Nah, BOOM!!!!!

MrShadow
21-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey Ladies, well, the car went in today to have some speakers installed. All I can is, goddamn it sounds f@&king sweet as!!!! I've got the biggest smile on my face. After spending just over $1,000 in total (over 1 year), it sounds amazing. So the current specs are:

Kenwood HU w/ 6 stacker CD
2 x JBL GTO Series 3-way 6x9 in the parcel shelf
2 x JBL GTO Series 2-way 7x5 in the front door
Front doors sound deadened (spelling, is it even a word??)

teeheehee, LOVE IT!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Notes:
1) JBL no longer make the speakers I have. They're bringing out new models.
2) It's cost me more than normall as I've done it step-by-step (ohh, baby... <80's music, agghhh> :wink: ). If you do it all at once, you could try and get some sort of discount, and you only pat for one lot install, not two (I installed the rear speakers myself).

Dogo
21-06-2003, 07:18 PM
mmm envious of
"The Satisfaction before the Realisation its Time to Upgrade Again and Spend More $$"

sounds good. glad ur happy!!

yes, its called sound deadened. so ur correct there. any idea what they used ?

MrShadow
21-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Hehe, yeah, I'm already having to make up my mind as to where I go now. i have a couple of options:

1) 6 channel amp with another set of 7x5's in the rear doors (so I'd have a 6 speaker amped system)

2) Upgrading the HU. This would give me more power than the 4 x 45W I have now, but still only 4 speakers and non-amped

3) 4 channel amp for the current speakers

4) 6 channel amp driving the 4 current speakers, with the other 2 reserved for a future (JBL) sub.

5) As per option (1), but with yet another amp driving a JBL sub.

I think either option (2), (3) or (4) are my preferred options but for now, I'm going to worry about CAI, exhaust and air filter.

Either way, for the sub and amp, I'll be going JBL. As for what they used to deaden the doors, I have no idea! I know it came from Jaycar (they're right next door to Erina Car Sound (http://www.erinacarsound.com.au/)), they used about 1.5 meters, and it cost about $40, and it sounds awesome!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Critter
21-06-2003, 07:49 PM
My suggestions....
You will fairly wet yourself with a decent 4 channel outboard amp running the 4 speakers you have now in front doors and rear shelf. Huge diff no risk.

Personally I would run a decent 2 channel amp to the fronts, power the rears off the HU (they don't need as much power) and get a monoblock 1 channel amp and drive a sub properly.

Since you have gone the JBL route they have good things in all those areas.

IMO give the 6 speaker trick the flick

mrpayner
22-06-2003, 12:11 PM
teeheehee, LOVE IT!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice one bruvva!! That's fantastic mate.... 8)

Adam

MrShadow
23-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Well, my next course of action has been chosen. A friend has an Apline 4 channel amp and a 12 inch (not sure of brand, both about 4 years old) free-air sub. Ohh, yeah baby! :lol:
Smoken'!!!! :D

And the price, super!

OTO-10W
16-09-2003, 07:10 PM
whats with all this 7x5 ich speaker stuff i just wacked a set of 6" splits in the fron 6" splits in the back running off a 4 channel clarion amp with a mono block alpine amp running 2 15" subs in the boot :D

Cosmo Dude
16-09-2003, 08:35 PM
whats with all this 7x5 ich speaker stuff i just wacked a set of 6" splits in the fron 6" splits in the back running off a 4 channel clarion amp with a mono block alpine amp running 2 15" subs in the boot :D

5X7" are the standard size in the front doors and 6X9" standard rear on the parcel shelf in the hardtop, no 6" in the back doors that is a hatch thing. No cutting or drilling required.

Rod