PDA

View Full Version : GB FS: PAR racing flywheels for BG astinas and BPTs!!

jim bob
31-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Howdy,

after the loss of fordlaser.com the group buy for PAR flywheels is back

Whats going on,

Group buy for PAR racing flywheels for all Mazda B series engines. Chrome moly, nitrided and shotpeened. Will be available for B6, B6T fwd/4wd, BPT (235mm), BP N/A (BG astina and tx3)

weight 4kg. Stock weight is around 9kg. Less than half.

Price: $495
availability: 3-4weeks from order

why?: greatly increased acceleration, increased engine braking, increased throttle responce, higher rpm ability. less rotating inertia.

Here are the pictures (SR20 version shown)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/Jimbobtx3/Mechanicals/PARSR20.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/Jimbobtx3/Mechanicals/PARSR202.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/Jimbobtx3/Mechanicals/Rear.jpg

So who wants one?

89sp1.8
31-08-2006, 08:53 PM
looks good...but dont have the cash atm, other prioritys.
wish i did though :)

MeFo
03-09-2006, 10:57 AM
looks good...but dont have the cash atm, other prioritys.
wish i did though :)

Ditto...

BigMal
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
What size clutch do they take???

jim bob
03-09-2006, 10:12 PM
These will take the 235mm BPT clutch if thats what you are wondering

MeFo
04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
So does that mean you'd have to upgrade the clutch on a BP?

jim bob
05-09-2006, 11:54 AM
no, two version available. Stock BG version and BPT 235mm version

Osprey06
05-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Jim Bob,

so long as this will suit a B6T (smaller clutch than BP??), then put me down for one.

Cheers,
James

PS. Let me know when/where you/PAR want the $$$.

MeFo
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
So if you had an NA engine you'd still be able to fit the 235mm version so long as you upgraded the clutch aswell?

jim bob
07-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Yep, thats correct. Bolt pcd etc to bolt up to your crank is identical. So if you wanted you could go the 235mm flywheel and buy a BPT clutch and everything would be fine. BPT clutch plate will fit on BG Gseries box spline

chicaboo
07-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Jim bob,

I cannot find a website or application listing for PAR flywheels. Fidanza and Rocket have been stuffing me around royalé on a flywheel I've had on order with them for 2months. What are my chances of getting a flywheel to suit a 1.8 BJII 323 or 1.6 MX5/Miata?

Cheers,
Gav.

Rupewrecht
08-09-2006, 04:07 PM
One question which I had that wasn't answered before the forums went down - would this flywheel (Chromoly/lightweight steel?) need to be machined (like a regular flywheel) or resurfaced (like aluminium ala fidanza flywheels) when changing the clutch?

It depends on a few things.

Basically this flywheel will survive a lot more abuse than any other flywheel out there. Its nitrided and shotpeened. Both increase the surface hardness. You have a nice hard layer on the top that can take some serious abuse. Once you wear through this layer though, you will have to either retreat the flywheel or get a new one.

I've been told you will get a minimum of three machines out of it before you will need to do this.

Whether or not you will have to machine between clutch changes depends on the clutch type and how hard you slip it. I would think with a fibre clutch there is a good chance you won't have to but I cannot say for sure.

These flywheels kick butt over a fidanza for two reasons. PAR concentrate all the weight into the centre of the flywheel instead of the outside. Its about where the weight is as much as how heavy it is.

Also a steel flywheel is always better than aluminium. It is rigid and won't bend and flutter under high clutch loads. It also won't crack or shatter.

these are serious race part for made by a reputable company.

Ok peoples, it's closing this weekend.

Hook into this thread if you're definitely after one.
http://fordlaser.com/viewtopic.php?t=40961

jim bob
12-09-2006, 12:41 PM
chicaboo - Fidanza make flywheels for both the BJII and the 1.6 miata.

alas our group buy is not for a flywheel that will fit either. Probably best waiting. Rocket are wallys most of the time on special orders. They dont care about the little people.

It will be Rockets fault, not Fidanza's. They will just be making excuses. If you can get your money back I suggest buying one directly from a US company over the net. You'll get a better deal and you will get it far quicker.

chicaboo
12-09-2006, 12:48 PM
chicaboo - Fidanza make flywheels for both the BJII and the 1.6 miata.

alas our group buy is not for a flywheel that will fit either. Probably best waiting. Rocket are wallys most of the time on special orders. They dont care about the little people.

It will be Rockets fault, not Fidanza's. They will just be making excuses. If you can get your money back I suggest buying one directly from a US company over the net. You'll get a better deal and you will get it far quicker.
Thx JimBob,

Let me explain about the BJII flywheels from Fidanza. They make a flywheel that specifically fits the 2L SP20/Protegé5, but not the 1.8L version. However, the flywheel from the 1.6L MX5 will fit the BJII 1.8L. I do not know what model of 1.6 MX5, nor if it matters? But that's why I wanted to know if PAR doing anything that will fit directly or indirectly.

Rocket seem to be farkers, I would assume you are right saying it is them and not Fidanza. But the end result is the same, I'm stuffed around with no flywheel 8-9 weeks after paying...

Gav.

Chi_Lantis
27-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Man!! that flywheel sure is something! do they still have these around??

Rupewrecht
27-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry, the gruoup buy closed a few weeks ago. You could order one yourself from PAR, but it'll cost about AUD$600

Chi_Lantis
01-10-2006, 08:46 AM
hmmm not too bad i suppose mayb i can get one for christmas lol do you have the link to getting one of these?

i have a GTR engine sitting inside a 323F BA chasis with the G25M-R so which 1 will i need?

chicaboo
01-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Sorry, the gruoup buy closed a few weeks ago. You could order one yourself from PAR, but it'll cost about AUD$600
Where does one find info on PAR flywheels? In particular, an application guide/chart.

Gav.

Osprey06
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
website is HERE (http://www.par-engineering.com/)

I haven't been able to find an application list (other than the mainstream subie, nissan stuff etc.)