PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm?¿?¿

UNV-323
16-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Um. my friend owns an old xcel and he put a pod filter comin from the airbox and now hes taken out the air sensor ****.... the car makes some weird sounds and i just wanted to find out what this is gonna do to his car???? is it gonna screw it up???

JynX
16-06-2003, 01:58 PM
He took out the MAF .... lol

The car needs the MAF to determin the correct fuel level depending on the amount of air flow and density (i think).

Not surprised its running like ****, probably running rich as well.

Rupewrecht
16-06-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm amazed it runs at all!

sik astina
16-06-2003, 02:06 PM
lol damn. put it back on. i remember when my wire came off the air sensor, She wasnt running to good.

-Mick

UNV-323
16-06-2003, 05:28 PM
He took some **** out cuz he had the pod comin from under the airbox and then no filter in the box and he wanted the pod closer to the engine. It makes weird sounds but he reckons it runs faster. It will **** up fuel:air or something wont it. He kinda did something to make me hate him so i dunno if i will tell him. Maybe i will watch his car die....... What do yaz reckon????

sik astina
16-06-2003, 05:33 PM
what ever he did is that bad. i would watch the car die. :twisted:

sirex
16-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Why did he want to put the pod closer to the engine? That makes no bloody sense to me, you know, you want cold air, not hot air :D

Crolla
16-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Luckily the Corolla air flow meter is right on the intake, so it's out of the way, easy to install pod filter.
Mate with an MX-6, is having all sorts of problems installing one, as his meter is part of the stock airbox.

I'd say it's best to put it back. I'll have a look at my mum's excel when i get home though.

BigMal
17-06-2003, 12:56 PM
I love hearing stories about people who have no idea doing ****
and then wondering why things dont work. What ever happened
to asking first. Maybe thats why he owns a excel.

Crazy

Mal

Dutchy
18-06-2003, 09:06 PM
i recently put a k&n drop in panel filter for my asti and i decided that a CAI would be appropriate at the same time. And in all my muckings around i for got to put the plug back into the air flow meter and when i went to turn the car back on it would seem to start and then cut out straight away i thought that id really killed it. but after puttiing it back on it was all good. :)
but yeah jynx u r right it needs to match the air to the fuel or it wont run properly or at all!!! :roll:

dutchy

Cosmo Dude
18-06-2003, 09:17 PM
I love hearing stories about people who have no idea doing ****
and then wondering why things dont work. What ever happened
to asking first. Maybe thats why he owns a excel.

Crazy

Mal

First, don't do your research,
Second, F#@k around with it untill it breaks,
Third, Tell your friends that it's FULLY SIK
Last, find a forum that can tell you how bad you've stuffed up and know that the air flow metre is suprisingly important and a 100-300mm tube to the pod filter would be a 1-4kw benifit, cold air even better.

My 400mm tube added 20kw, long story with many variables :D

Rod