PDA

View Full Version : The Official AGT October 2006 Hunter Valley Cruise! [Finally!]

Red Frog
10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Welcome Welcome one and all!!

You have reached the thread of the Official, most talked about Mid-Lateish NSW AGT Cruise! It has been decided, from popular demand that the Hunter Valley is where this cruise will head to. It will include areas of Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Putty Rd, Wollemi National Park, and finish around Windsor.

During the day it will mostly be driving, with a few stops along the way to take photographs of cars, group shots of AGT members and also of the fantastic scenery. Lunch will be located in the Hunter Valley, which will be determined at a later date.
I will hopefully put together a few activities during the day so we can get to know our fellow AGT members a little better.
As an evening activity, I also propose that we head to the Drive In Cinemas at Blacktown, but this is optional. Imagine: turning up to the drive in with a large group of beautiful cars!

Here is a rough idea of the route we will be taking. Kudos to EddyEdwards for posting this idea in the old thread. I just love it!

Thornleigh - Hunter Valley - Putty - Windsor (http://www.nowwhereroute.com/Mapimage/TEMPgcpnotrzqq31cp55dzfpwazq2018.png)
or
Interactive Map Link (http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelmate/SmartTrip/mappage.aspx?x=0&y=0&fromTown=thornleigh&toTown=Windsor+NSW&RouteType=FASTEST&ViaTown1=pokolbin&ViaTown2=putty)

The cruise will begin at Thornleigh Maccas [as this is our usual meet up place when heading North], head up the Old Pacific Hwy or Sydney-Newcastle Fwy - where at some point we will meet up with the Newcastle Members [Twin Servos is an obvious place], turn off at the Hunter Valley exit and hopefully continue along a less touristy road to our lunch destination. After lunch will be a bit of sight-seeing and then will head out west to meet up with Putty Rd. Putty Rd is really where the "driving fun" begins. It consists of 141kms of brilliant twisties through two National Parks. The cruise will finish in Windsor and we can head off anywhere we like. Either Dinner or Drive In or home if you prefer.

It WILL be a Full day cruise!! Driving is about 4.5hrs all up and with stops, etc, we're looking at 6hrs+. We will definitely be leaving right on 9am from Thornleigh Maccas, so it will be an earlier start - I will post more about times at a later stage. As you can understand, the earlier we start, the more we can include in the trip, the more we can stop to enjoy the cruise and the more relaxing the day is as we don't have to rush anywhere!

The dates at the moment are set for Saturday 21st Oct or Sunday 22nd Oct. I am pushing for the Saturday as there is less "touristy" traffic on the roads. However, please enter your preference for either Sat or Sun in the poll above ONLY if you are interested in attending.

I hope this is enough information to whet your appetites for the time being! Of course I will be updating this post during the next few weeks, with much more finer details of the cruise. So PLEASE remember to keep visiting this post to check what the latest details are.

Thanks so much for the overwhelming interest in this cruise!! I'm so excited to be meeting a lot of you for the first time and catching up with the oldies :D

Cheers for now. I must go and eat my lunch! lol
Leigh :D

Red Frog
11-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Okay official post of times, meetups etc. And lunch stops.

OFFICIAL CRUISE DETAILS!!

What? AGT October 2006 Hunter Valley Cruise

When? Saturday 21 October 2006

Where? Sydney to Hunter Valley, taking the F3 to the Hunter, then after lunch, following the Putty Rd on 141kms of brilliant twisties through two National Parks. The cruise will finish in Windsor and we can head off anywhere we like. Either Dinner or Drive In or home if you prefer. Have a look at this Map for a rough idea of the route we'll be taking. I will print out a detailed route we're taking for each person on the day.

Thornleigh - Windsor via Putty Rd (http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelmate/SmartTrip/mappage.aspx?x=0&y=0&fromTown=thornleigh&toTown=Windsor+NSW&RouteType=FASTEST&ViaTown1=pokolbin&ViaTown2=putty)

Time? Cruise will begin at Thornleigh Maccas carpark at 8.45am to leave at 9am - Guys, I'm not hanging around to wait for late people, so if you turn up late, head to the Caltex Twin Servos about 10am leaving 10.15am, then on to the Hunter. We should be in the heart of wine town about 11.30 for an early lunch. We can stop in Cessnock (or affectionately known as 'Neh-noh') to grab whatever culinary delights are on offer.

Who? All AGT, Ozmazda and OMC members and partners/friends. Please bring yourself and friends who will enjoy a day out with the Club - make sure you add them to the list. Especially those members who haven't attended a cruise before, this is the one to be on! You don't have to have a Mazda to attend (I don't).

Eating? Lunch will be in the Hunter Valley at a nice park. We'll grab takeaway somewhere and head to either a vineyard or a park to eat. So make sure you bring some money for lunch and a rug to sit on. Even a bottle of vino if you so well desire!! *May I sit near you? ;) lol*

Meet up points?
8.45am EARLY!!, leaving 9am - Thornleigh Maccas,
10am -10.15am - F3 Northbound Caltex Twin Servos, Wyong
10.45am approx - at the Cessnock, Kurri Kurri turn-off from the freeway (Freeman's Drive), we can meet up with the Newcastle gang
Arriving Hunter Valley (around Pokolbin area): approx. 11.30-11.45am

What to bring? A clean sparkling car (obviously!), friends, UHF handheld radios/CBs - THIS IS A MUST!! (channel 21 at this stage), camera + batteries/video camera, sunscreen, water, money for lunch, a rug to sit on at lunch, a full tank of petrol and a damn good sense of humour!

Anymore questions or things that I haven't covered, post away.
I'm going to send a PM to everyone who expressed interest in attending to get a nay or yah from them and to direct them to this post.

It will be a fantastic day, no doubt about it :D
-------------------------------------------------------------

oh come on guys! you can't just vote and not post :p i'm sitting here wondering who the hell is posting and who's actually interested!

POST something! is the cruise okay as outlined above? do u want any details explained??

rejy
11-09-2006, 07:58 PM
oh come on guys! you can't just vote and not post :p i'm sitting here wondering who the hell is posting and who's actually interested!

POST something! is the cruise okay as outlined above? do u want any details explained??

YES interrested for saturday :D

I think the details are ok i will meet yous at the twin servos then drive to the valley and then when yous start the putty rd run i will prob say my good byes i really want to do the putty rd run i might do a little :rolleyes: , it will be great to meets some new people :eek:

Mazda_Brian
11-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Add me to the Cruise Leigh ;)

And Danielle.

Zooming Bravo
12-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Leigh,

I did vote for Sunday before reading the post but I think your reasoning for Saturday is a better option..

Count Janet and I in and her Astina.....sounds great and lets see whats playing at the flicks as that would be fun to finish it off...

dave

EddyEdwards
12-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Saturday ^.^

mike_d87
12-09-2006, 06:06 PM
i'm a maybe at this stage because i have to get new suspension, i'll see how i go

ATOMIC
12-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Saturday, since it's my 21st Birthday.

Laser the Amazer
12-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm a maybe

not fussed on which day if I do attend

hope you don't mind the Astra

Rob

DB0984
13-09-2006, 09:04 AM
I am interested. May not do the putty rd section, might just head back to newcastle via singleton. depends on the day. Dont care which day.

Beau
13-09-2006, 07:47 PM
im down as a maybe.. i have english HSC paper on friday the 20th, then english paper two and d and t on monday
:(

EddyEdwards
14-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Glad to see your taking it seriously though. I'm gonna go on the cruise anyway - for me it's time better spent because I know I wouldn't study anyway. Just did my Music exams yesterday, only 5 left to do after the holidays.

FLiP
14-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Would prefer Sunday, but work is unpredictable so I'm a maybe as well.

Beau
14-09-2006, 03:57 PM
well i never said i wasnt going.. its still a maybe.. and im with u - probably wouldnt study anyways.. plus - getting out with all the other astinas is time better spent anways ey?? lol.. good luck with urs too

mazdamanik
14-09-2006, 05:41 PM
im a maybe depends on time, work and money:p sunday pro be a better chance

Critter
14-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Likely

butters323
14-09-2006, 11:51 PM
put me down as a mebbe too.. it all depends how uni is treatin me. ATm its been smashing me to bits... hence me not on forums much.. but im keen for abit of hunter. I would meet at the twin servos since im a coastie too.

Joczy
15-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Im more than likely going to have Saturday off, so saturday sounds good to me =)

Red Frog
16-09-2006, 07:14 PM
fecking massive guys!!!
kewl, will make up a post a bit later of yessies and maybes :D

great response!

butters323
17-09-2006, 11:59 AM
lol im just keen to go on a cruise without a smashed up car... lol for once its all in one piece (btw im never at fault hahahah) TOUCH WOOD times a million

Bailey87
17-09-2006, 04:28 PM
i will be there with my car which is finally getting painted well started on the 23rd of september and will be finished in 2 weeks. she is going to be black and lowed so count me in.

Red Frog
19-09-2006, 12:57 AM
looking good guys!

Definates:
1. red froggy
2. rejy
3. brian + danielle
4. dave + janet (in da astina bro!)
5. eddyedwards
6. atomic
7. rob
8. db0984
9. critter - of course u're coming!
10. rach! YAH!
11. bailey87
12. beau
13. mazdamanik
14. 32c

Maybes:
mike_d87
flip
butters
GoGo69 <ozmazda.com>

24.9.06 - Looking good guys! MM and beau, i've put u down for definites re previous posts. if this is not the case, just post and i'll put u back as maybes.

Laser the Amazer
19-09-2006, 06:41 PM
7. rob in the dirty astra ;) lol just j/k!

Thank you much appreciated

Rob

Beau
19-09-2006, 06:50 PM
ill go if brent (mazdamanik) goes :P

that and see how i go with this so called "study"

Red Frog
19-09-2006, 07:23 PM
study smuddy :p yeah ok as a teacher i SHOULD recommend study is an important thing to do....but hell i got to where i am today w/o doing much of it ;) how bout... come on the cruise on either the sat/sun (which eva day we end up choosing) and study really hard on the other day. get up at 7am and just really organise yourself for the day. it's called compromise :D or procrastination. i've neva really been able to figure out which one ;)

Beau
19-09-2006, 07:31 PM
sorry.. but if im gettin up early for this cruise, then theres no way ill be getting up early, just to study.. im a sleeper in-erah..

but hey.. uve convinced me... now u just gotta work on brenton:P

mazdamanik
19-09-2006, 07:42 PM
ill double check wen my uni exams are and will let u no, but i should be ok to come...Beau just wants to steel my rims:p should be able to make it with a nice shiney car:D

Beau
19-09-2006, 07:47 PM
tis true...

anyone bringing a rattle gun by any chance??

i need another partner in crime too.. for creating a distraction.

also - ill bring the bricks

Zooming Bravo
19-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Looks like this is going to be a great day...

Zooming Bravo
20-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Leigh,

If its OK with you I will promote this cruise on Ozmazda.com and invite some along..

Red Frog
21-09-2006, 07:27 PM
of course!! would love to meet up w/ them :D

GoGo69
22-09-2006, 08:18 AM
hey all, dave (zooming bravo) put me on to this cruise and it sounds pretty good to me put me down as a maybe, i will keep u posted

32c
24-09-2006, 08:27 PM
if its on sunday and i still have the car ill come for sure!, i think im working sat though :(

Zooming Bravo
24-09-2006, 11:03 PM
hey all, dave (zooming bravo) put me on to this cruise and it sounds pretty good to me put me down as a maybe, i will keep u posted

No problem Brian as long as you supply a coldie...

Red Frog
25-09-2006, 12:29 AM
if its on sunday and i still have the car ill come for sure!, i think im working sat though :(

kewl! would b good to catch up w/ u again :) still deciding on days, depending on who is free on either of those days.

Zooming Bravo
26-09-2006, 08:29 AM
I have the Sat off but have to work the Sun....I have my fingers crossed for Sat but if its Sun I hope all have a good day.

AZ00MD
27-09-2006, 11:38 AM
only sunday at the moment, got a wedding on saturday

mazdamanik
27-09-2006, 05:48 PM
im not sure now i may have something else i need to do uni wise will let u no shortly, Prob sat be better for me now, and i will probably head home before u guys go down putty rd

butters323
27-09-2006, 06:29 PM
lol looks like most people can only do 1 or the other froggie. hope there is no bitter fights lol. Im still depending on uni and how it treats me but

32c
03-10-2006, 07:39 PM
kewl! would b good to catch up w/ u again :) still deciding on days, depending on who is free on either of those days.

either day im looking fwd to it, will be gTood to c you guys again. cant waiT

Zooming Bravo
03-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Ok when is the day going to be picked Leah...Sat or Sun.

Red Frog
03-10-2006, 08:22 PM
yep! sozza been partying too much at mr and mrs kitty's wedding ;)

lets choose SATURDAY the 21st Oct! seeing as that suits most ppl.

i'm on holidays atm, so will get everything up and running during the week. the routes, lunch stops, times and meet up points will all b posted, so make sure you come back regularly to check on the finer details.

not long now!!! :D

Bailey87
04-10-2006, 10:02 PM
i will be there either day with my car that is now black and will be lowed on friday with super lows on back and lows on the front.

Zooming Bravo
04-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Leigh, Janet and I would have loved to gone to Kitty & Aaron's wedding as I received an invite...

Ok Sat 21st cool I will cross it off on my roster....and the Astina will get a VIP job on the Friday..

Red Frog
04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
ooooh SOUNDS GREAT! looking 4ward to seeing it!

Red Frog
04-10-2006, 10:55 PM
excellent dave!! can't wait to see it in it's glory! lol

will def get some details running hopefully 2moro arvo on this cruise!
it's been a quiet one, i must admit, but it will def be a great day out :D just nice and relaxing.

Zooming Bravo
04-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I have my hand up if you would like some help leigh

Bailey87
09-10-2006, 06:02 PM
I say we do it on the saturday. Its getting closer to the date and i think we need to make a decision.

Zooming Bravo
10-10-2006, 07:29 AM
I agree...and I might bring a workmate but he drives a Camry...sorry is that OK.

Red Frog
10-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey Guys!

Okay official post of times, meetups etc. And lunch stops.

OFFICIAL CRUISE DETAILS!!

What? AGT October 2006 Hunter Valley Cruise

When? Saturday 21 October 2006

Where? Sydney to Hunter Valley, taking the F3 to the Hunter, then after lunch, following the Putty Rd on 141kms of brilliant twisties through two National Parks. The cruise will finish in Windsor and we can head off anywhere we like. Either Dinner or Drive In or home if you prefer. Have a look at this Map for a rough idea of the route we'll be taking. I will print out a detailed route we're taking for each person on the day.

Thornleigh - Windsor via Putty Rd (http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelmate/SmartTrip/mappage.aspx?x=0&y=0&fromTown=thornleigh&toTown=Windsor+NSW&RouteType=FASTEST&ViaTown1=pokolbin&ViaTown2=putty)

Time? Cruise will begin at Thornleigh Maccas carpark at 8.45am to leave at 9am - Guys, I'm not hanging around to wait for late people, so if you turn up late, head to the Caltex Twin Servos about 10am leaving 10.15am, then on to the Hunter. We should be in the heart of wine town about 11.30 for an early lunch. We can stop in Cessnock (or affectionately known as 'Neh-noh') to grab whatever culinary delights are on offer.

Who? All AGT, Ozmazda and OMC members and partners/friends. Please bring yourself and friends who will enjoy a day out with the Club - make sure you add them to the list. Especially those members who haven't attended a cruise before, this is the one to be on! You don't have to have a Mazda to attend (I don't).

Eating? Lunch will be in the Hunter Valley at a nice park. We'll grab takeaway somewhere and head to either a vineyard or a park to eat. So make sure you bring some money for lunch and a rug to sit on. Even a bottle of vino if you so well desire!! *May I sit near you? ;) lol*

Meet up points?
8.45am EARLY!!, leaving 9am - Thornleigh Maccas,
10am -10.15am - F3 Northbound Caltex Twin Servos, Wyong
10.45am approx - at the Cessnock, Kurri Kurri turn-off from the freeway (Freeman's Drive), we can meet up with the Newcastle gang
Arriving Hunter Valley (around Pokolbin area): approx. 11.30-11.45am

What to bring? A clean sparkling car (obviously!), friends, UHF handheld radios/CBs - THIS IS A MUST!! (channel 21 at this stage), camera + batteries/video camera, sunscreen, water, money for lunch, a rug to sit on at lunch, a full tank of petrol and a damn good sense of humour!

Anymore questions or things that I haven't covered, post away.
I'm going to send a PM to everyone who expressed interest in attending to get a nay or yah from them and to direct them to this post.

It will be a fantastic day, no doubt about it :D

YAHNESS!!

Red Frog
10-10-2006, 10:27 AM
......And for the people who know me and have been on my cruises you'll remember Miss Freeman's number #1 rule: Use your parking lights or low beams (normal headlights) on the day. For the people upfront who are looking in their rear view mirrors to keep track of who is behind and where they are, it is about 150% easier to find you if you have your headlights on. Trust me, they make the world of difference! *Rant now over*

KittyKatSmack
10-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Leigh,

You are doing a fabulous job with this, as always.
Your cruises are always the shiznitz.
I look forward to seeing heaps of picca's.
Wish we could be there with you, but we are still broke after some big do we had recently ;)

Talk to you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
*pounce*

Zooming Bravo
10-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Leigh...

This sounds great and we are looking forward to it....I posted it on Ozmazda.com as well.

all we need is a AGT sticker for Janets Astina...and it needs a bath.

butters323
10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
righto R-frog, i just copped 2 more assignments but im trying to snap at least some of it today. I will keep ya posted.

Red Frog
10-10-2006, 01:49 PM
ah the joys of uni :p so glad it's all over! good luck w/ them and see how you go.

Laser the Amazer
10-10-2006, 06:53 PM
looking forward to this, this has slotted in nicely with a party I have in Sydney

Rob

Zooming Bravo
10-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I also have my First Aid certificate....just a point of interest if required and I have a First Aid kit..

Bailey87
11-10-2006, 08:01 AM
I will be there in now my finished black car and now also lowered

Red Frog
11-10-2006, 04:25 PM
WOOT WOOT! Will be good to see you Rob and meet you bailey.

Yeah Dave, I also hold my 1st aid certificate. That's really good thinking for a cruise!!

Can't wait guys! Now that i've finalised things, I'm getting really excited!!

skitz
11-10-2006, 05:08 PM
hey it looks like me and heva will be coming atm

but we will be heading to the meeting place from miranda it is 50ish kms but at that time in the morning how long u think it will take?

also i have no idea where that maccas is can i plz have a street name or somthink that i can identify it with on a map

thanx heaps and we look forward to meeting u all and having a great day!

Red Frog
11-10-2006, 05:59 PM
r u sure you guys can come? it's a bit of a trek, but it'd be kewl to see u both!! :D

i'd give urselves a good hr to get to thornleigh.
it's just off pennant hills rd. i don't kno which way you'll b coming, but there's a BP at one end and you can take the street nxt to it and come around the back and get into maccas or otherwise take the street near bunnings and come around the back. pretty easy to find. quite backstreets off the main rd, very straight-forward to find, and you won't miss us. we'll b against the back wall of the building in the maccas carpark.

skitz
11-10-2006, 06:02 PM
cool thanx lol yeah we know it is a long way to travel lol but we would like to meet some of the nsw members and also would like to see what ur cruises are like lol and what nsw has to offer who knows might come up more often as for my car lol plz no one laught at it as it is undergoing mass body lipo lol all the new parts are on so i could get rid of that tape lol but it is awaiting a full spray

leigh could u plz pm me ur mob number incase i get lost thanx

ow and u need to clear some crap in ur pm messages so ppl can message u!!!!

Zooming Bravo
11-10-2006, 09:08 PM
skitz...

Mate if your coming from Miranda get onto King Georges Rd and follow this all the way..passing Beverly Hills, Rookwood, Homebush Bay, Top Ryde...turn left onto Blaxland Rd, (L) Epping Rd, (R) Beecroft Rd (up and over railbridge at Epping Stn) follow Beecroft Rd, (R) Pennant Hills Rd (to Hornsby) go thru the shops (not too far) and then (L) Parkes St, (R) Central Ave and this will bring you to the back of Macca's...

I hope this helps..

dave

skitz
11-10-2006, 09:12 PM
i was thinking of the princes onto the pacific then onto hills road so ur saying king georges?

yeah i think ur way works better:P

would u say about 1 hrs drive at this time in the morning?

thanx mate

skitz
11-10-2006, 09:37 PM
could some one tell me what street the maccas is on or what stree to turn off pennant hills thanks?

ow and leigh i will be comeing up from beecroft road onto pennant hillsbefore it turns into the cumberland highway and the pacific

Zooming Bravo
11-10-2006, 09:44 PM
You need to enter via Central Ave..and yeah if you follow King Georges Rd it will take you right thru to Top Ryde then follow Blaxland then Beecroft Rd's to Pennant Hills...its and easy run....I can meet you near Homebush somewhere if you like and then follow me to Macca's..

my mobile is 0410 486 246

dave

skitz
11-10-2006, 09:51 PM
if we were to meet there where abouts and what time man? thanks heaps for this bye the way

like i should be able to get to pennent hills fine

Zooming Bravo
11-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Mate I don't mind as I can come along the M4 and then get off at Homebush Bay Rd...meet on the northside of the overpass of the M4 @ say 8am...this will give us say 15-20 mins to get to Macca's

skitz
11-10-2006, 10:17 PM
lol i couldnt find this part on my sydney directory (L) Parkes St, (R) Central Ave and this will bring you to the back of Macca's...
i just found it then so i think i am right man thanks tho and i will cya there man

Zooming Bravo
11-10-2006, 10:22 PM
OK but if you change your mind give me a bell or just post a help...

dave

skitz
11-10-2006, 10:27 PM
will do mate thanks heaps and me and heva look forward to meeting u all!!

i will also have howcomeyougotone with me too!!

Red Frog
12-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Here's a link for everyone as to where Thornleigh Maccas is:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/klish21/Thornleighmaccas.png

So you turn down Parkes St at the BP and a mechanics called SMP, then right into Central Ave and Maccas is about half way up on your right-hand side, next to Bunnings.

UseTravelMate and their SmartTrip Mapping (http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelmate/SmartTrip/SearchPage.aspx?UserType=Guest&SessionId=)

Red Frog
12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
AHHH!! I didn't realise my PM inbox was full!! Okay it's a little emptier now, so guys, if you were meaning to PM me at sum stage, YOU CAN NOW!!! So sorry :p There should be a warning that pops up when you've reached your max. capacity. Hey Dan, you busy on the weekend ? ;) lol

mazdamanik
12-10-2006, 10:27 AM
hey red frog im gunna hafta pull out due to uni work, sorry bout that woulda loved to ahve come but education hasta come first unfortunatly

Beau
12-10-2006, 12:18 PM
yeah same as me.. the hsc is a bitch. i really gotta start studying.. only like 6 days left.. but im havin too much fun bludging. Sorry guys.. i even have the 2 way radios now and all.. :(

skitz
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
so um whats the current list of ppl coming?

ow and thanks leigh i have drawn out my way to get there and i should be fine lol :P big thanx to Zooming Bravo with his directons!! they were way beter than what that damn nrma site recomended!!

Rupewrecht
12-10-2006, 03:01 PM
AHHH!! I didn't realise my PM inbox was full!! Okay it's a little emptier now, so guys, if you were meaning to PM me at sum stage, YOU CAN NOW!!! So sorry :p There should be a warning that pops up when you've reached your max. capacity. Hey Dan, you busy on the weekend ? ;) lol

I've got room for 1500 and i still have to half-empty it every 6 months. Just remember to check it up the top right of your screen!

skitz
12-10-2006, 03:03 PM
I've got room for 1500 and i still have to half-empty it every 6 months. Just remember to check it up the top right of your screen!
so it will tell us when it is full or do we all have 1500 that fit in there?

Rupewrecht
12-10-2006, 04:21 PM
No, it won't tell you. And i can't remember how much room non-admins get in their inbox.

edit: Actually i have a vague recollection you get notified via email if it gets full.

Registered Users - 250 PMs
AGT Supporters - 500 PMs

DB0984
12-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Is there anyone else from newcastle going on this cruise?
eddyedwards?
mike_d87?
rejy?

I was thinking that we could meet at the park just past the twin shell servos at wallsend, then cruise down to meet up with the sydney guys/gals at the twin caltex on the F3.

Red Frog
12-10-2006, 10:29 PM
hey DB, rejy is from newy too, and he expressed interest in coming. i'm pretty sure eddy is a yes also.

mazdamanik and beau :( no good you guys can't come. i do agree that education is important - dur i'm a teacher! - but you need to also hav time off to stay sane and normal! why not just come down and meet up for half the cruise then head home? would only take up the morning, then u've got the whole afternoon to study + sunday. up 2 u guys!

skitz
12-10-2006, 11:07 PM
yeah i agree leigh they should just come for a bit!! the more the better but yeah school is important

ps i am going for a IT technition job at harvey norman my interveiw is tomorrow wish me luck:P i know it isnt the worlds best job but is way better than hungry jacks atm lol :P i just finished my CV lol

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 12:10 AM
sounds fantastic!! make sure to sell yourself and go into the interview and treat it like you've already got the job, with the attitude "how could they pick anyone else but me!" works everytime. oh and kyle....make sure you wash and brush your hair ;) lol *yes mum*

skitz
13-10-2006, 12:19 AM
WHAT brush my hair???? then i lose the "SKITZ" look :P

i will do my best with the car wash i will do that before i leave canberra on friday night but no promises that it will still be clean when i get to the cruise on the sat

peng
13-10-2006, 12:30 AM
please add me, I vote saturday. thanks.

peng
13-10-2006, 12:30 AM
and please, where and what time to meet up?

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 12:36 AM
lol there's a caltex just up the rd where you can put it through a quick wash before the cruise ;)
i think (unfortunately) that's the only way my car will b getting washed for the cruise. terrible, i know, but meh :p such is life!

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 12:38 AM
peng, please read the whole thread and the post w/ all the information (pg. 3, post 50)

will happily add you to the cruise. what typa car do you own?

peng
13-10-2006, 12:39 AM
which caltex Leigh? I live in lidcombe, what time do we meet up?

peng
13-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Im driving a 94 BA astina V6, green.

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 12:47 AM
kewlies. just read the posts to get a good idea of what's going on.
thornleigh maccas at 8.45am

skitz
13-10-2006, 12:49 AM
lol there's a caltex just up the rd where you can put it through a quick wash before the cruise ;)
i think (unfortunately) that's the only way my car will b getting washed for the cruise. terrible, i know, but meh :p such is life!

cool then u want to meet at macacs a bit earlyer so we can go wash our cars and then head back to maccas in time to meet everyone? remember mine is all different colours atm so it will look bad no mater what exept from behind no different colours there :P

peng
13-10-2006, 01:04 AM
what do you mean your car is all different colours? you did a custom paint on it? what car do you drive?

peng
13-10-2006, 01:06 AM
and you're gonna come up all the way from ACT?

MAztinA 323
13-10-2006, 01:14 AM
hay man, put me down for saturday, that would be mad as! i could make sunday but satudays way better :p :p ~

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 01:24 AM
lol nah i'll prob wash mine the night b4 or sth. remember 8.45am is early! i'm going to try and not make it any earlier! i WILL need my sleep that morning, after a week back at school.....*shivers in anticipation....:p* reports due this term....sympathise w/ me :p lol

nitey nite! xxx

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 01:25 AM
kewl maztina323! done done and done :D

rodhog
13-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Put me down as a maybe as out of the 3 mazda's I don't know which one will be running - ready etc so either Ba HT -mx6 or 626(tx5)

mike_d87
13-10-2006, 10:19 AM
i won't know until thursday/friday, im hoping to get the windscreen done and if the suspension doesnt happen then ill just have to drive slowly around some bends :D so im still a maybe

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Rodhog: NP. Either of the mazda's sounds great! There's lots diff models and makes coming, so bring which ever car is purrrrring for a cruise to the hunter! lol

Mike: sounds good. Take you're time, and we'll see how you go.

Sounding great guys! Just a week to go! It's crept up so quickly!

skitz
13-10-2006, 01:55 PM
what do you mean your car is all different colours? you did a custom paint on it? what car do you drive?

um i mean i was recinatly involved in a insedent which involved several new pannels needing to be bought :P and i think the car looks better with different colours then a shiit load of sticky tape:P it is a BA astina 97 black/white/noble green :P

ow and yes i am really coming up from canberra see my dedication :P jks looked like a fun weekend so i got 3 others together including heva(gf) and it makes fuel cheaper :P

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 05:43 PM
lol skitz, gotta love your hectic cuz spelling, aii bro ;)

HEY GUYS!!! Just been throwing up ideas with Skitz, and it came to me in an amazing vision....that for those people who are thinking about sticking around after the cruise (which I hope is ALL of you!!!), we should head to dinner at the Mean Fiddler!! www.meanfiddler.com.au

It's got great food there and we can get under 18s in no probs - however, I will ring in advance to check on this. Lovely setting, and then when the sun sets, the dance floor gets pumping with great aussie rock tunes!

We can book seats or just turn up and hope for the best. It'll prob be an earlish dinner - say 6pm, as we've got some guys heading back to Canberra that night.

skitz
13-10-2006, 07:37 PM
We can book seats or just turn up and hope for the best. It'll prob be an earlish dinner - say 6pm, as we've got some guys heading back to Canberra that night.

that would me me and my mob :P lol :D :D :D :D

this cruise just keeps getting better!!! lol

skitz
13-10-2006, 07:41 PM

YAHNESS!!

um not meaning to be werid or anythink but would anyone have a spare UHF handheld radios/CBs that could be borowed during the day??

if not it is all good as i will prob be needing one sooner or later and i will definatly be needing one for the easter cruise

if i was to buy one anyone got any ideas of where to go to get one in canberra and what to be getting also what price do u think i am up for?

thanx heaps guys

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 08:37 PM
okay! that's it: it's "accident" (and you can delete them). dude, you're english teacher should b fired. or sum1 didn't pay enuff attention in english ;) lol

skitz, head to dicksmiths. they've always got UHF radios that are really good. they can be cheap to expensive. mine is a GME TX610 and i love it. search through agt, and you'll find a few posts on handheld UHFs.

chicaboo
13-10-2006, 09:00 PM
0.5w handhelds aren't quite strong enough for a cruise.
0.7-1w are probably about spot on for a cruise.
2w tend to pick up bits of static from everywhere due to such a huge range, so are not well suited for a cruise.

Check out the Uniden 1w handhelds, what Leighfrog said, or anything similar sold at Jaycar or DSE.

Gav.

skitz
13-10-2006, 09:40 PM
okay! that's it: it's "accident" (and you can delete them). dude, you're english teacher should b fired. or sum1 didn't pay enuff attention in english ;) lol

skitz, head to dicksmiths. they've always got UHF radios that are really good. they can be cheap to expensive. mine is a GME TX610 and i love it. search through agt, and you'll find a few posts on handheld UHFs.

hey leigh u want to hear somthink funny? lol ... i was a b grade student in advanced english :P i got 80% at least :P so yeah i am just a lazzy typer :P

thanks heaps for the responces for the UHFs lol

ps

Okay! that's it: it's "accident" (and you can delete them). Dude, your english teacher should be fired. (( SENTANCE FRAGMENT or someone didn't pay enough attention in english )) ;) lol

see everyone can be picky leigh...

Red Frog
13-10-2006, 10:33 PM
ah yes we can all b picky, but those words i used are universally known at txt jargon on the internet. did u throw that into microsoft word by any chance? ;) lol and skitz, u will learn VERY quickly just to agree w/ woman, don't argue or try and fight back. ask chicaboo.......... :D

skitz
14-10-2006, 02:47 AM
u wish u could house train me that quick :P and no i actually didnt use word but a very good idea there

skitz
14-10-2006, 07:25 PM
yeah i agree leigh they should just come for a bit!! the more the better but yeah school is important

ps i am going for a IT technition job at harvey norman my interveiw is tomorrow wish me luck:P i know it isnt the worlds best job but is way better than hungry jacks atm lol :P i just finished my CV lol

hahahahaha i got the job :P hands down

DB0984
14-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Congrats

howcomeyougotone
14-10-2006, 08:13 PM
You both pretty much fail at the english language.

Mean Fiddler? Yee Haw for some horse wranglin', toe tappin fun!

Pass.

skitz
14-10-2006, 09:09 PM
wtf matt that makes like no sence lol :P care to explain?

Red Frog
14-10-2006, 11:00 PM
You both pretty much fail at the english language.

Mean Fiddler? Yee Haw for some horse wranglin', toe tappin fun!

Pass. dude, i'm a teacher. i teach english from the fundamentals up. if u didn't have a teacher when u were 5/6 who taught you the basics of literacy, phonics and how to read, then you'd be well.....
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/klish21/upthecreek.jpg

....up shiit creek, w/o a paddle, my dear!

lol hav u actually eva BEEN horse wrangling? by the sounds of things, it's quite fun ;) lol slightly illegal, but most fun things are ;)

and that sucks u can't come......cos you'll b missing a tops nite!!

neways, you are all whore-pirating my thread/cruise! geez, ppl who whore-pirate threads.....pfffft........ :p :p :p ;) i mean REALLY!......... :rolleyes:

cruise is now 6 days away!!! woot woot!
can't wait. please remember to tell me if you're coming or not, so i can get a good idea of the number of ppl turning up on the day.

skitz
14-10-2006, 11:10 PM
neways, you are all whore-pirating my thread/cruise! geez, ppl who whore-pirate threads.....pfffft........ :p :p :p ;) i mean REALLY!......... :rolleyes:

from what u tell me u r like the biggest thread pirate:P

Red Frog
14-10-2006, 11:20 PM
did u notice large amounts of sarcasm in my post, kyle? :p

skitz
15-10-2006, 12:22 AM
did u notice large amounts of sarcasm in my post, kyle? :p
lol hmmm there was sarcasim hmmm no i must have missed it maby u could point it out :P lol jks :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p

KittyKatSmack
15-10-2006, 02:39 PM
I still wish we could come to this cruise, would be awesome.

I am trying to get your bangle to skitz so he can give it back to you then.

Everyone will have a fantastic time.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Mrs Kitty

peng
15-10-2006, 10:13 PM
hi, Red Frog, wil tick off the names at a specific time in the morning when we first meet at maccs?

32c
16-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Leigh, realisticly, what time do you think we will hit windsor?, i gotta get back to get my gf to work late sat arvo I CANT BE LATE or she will kill me lol

silver6
16-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Im up for this. You can put me down.

Zooming Bravo
16-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Leigh dinner at the Mean Fiddler sounds great for Janet and I....the cruise is looking good...

skitz
16-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Leigh, realisticly, what time do you think we will hit windsor?, i gotta get back to get my gf to work late sat arvo I CANT BE LATE or she will kill me lol

hey man i was told that it was planned to be finished at 5pm

Noble323
16-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Not making any promises - but i'll try to make it on that day, i do have something to do on that day, but if i get out of it, then im in, but for now maybe .

mike_d87
17-10-2006, 06:50 PM
my car will definately not be going now. the left rear suspension has joined the right in the I Don't Want To Do My Job club.

Red Frog
17-10-2006, 09:01 PM
32c: i really can't promise nething. it depends on how long we stay for lunch in the hunter. i really don't like putting an end time on a cruise, bcos so many things tend to happen along the way that you just can't plan for. ie. extra stops, longer lunch, ppl running late/getting lost, traffic jams, engines dieing...mind you, ian won't b on this cruise ;)
but if it runs to plan.....anytime after 4pm? maybe between 4-5 we'd be in windsor. sorry dude, i can only give you a rough estimate. this cruise is just that, not like the berrima one that was quite set to schedule. i've never been out to putty rd before (or it was a long time ago if i have) so i don't know what the area is like exactly. no recons this time.

kewl silver6 and fred! will put u guys down. - you can see how kewl the sp20 seats look! lol ;)
sorry to hear bout the 'stina mike :( hope it's fixable and doesn't cause you too much hassle.

Red Frog
17-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Definates:
1. red froggy
2. rejy
3. brian + danielle (??)
4. dave + janet (in da astina bro!)
5. atomic (??)
6. rob
7. db0984
8. critter - of course u're coming! (??)
9. bailey87
10. 32c
11. Dave's workmate in a Camry
12. Skitz + Hevva
13. peng
14. MAztinA 323
15. silver6
16. mike d
17. daz (butters323)

Maybes:
rodhog
noble323
flip (??)
GoGo69 <ozmazda.com> (??)

If you're definitely not coming, are not sure or are bringing extra people, please post and say so.

?? means I need you to confirm if you're coming or not. Thanks!

DB0984
17-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey mike_d87 if you really want to go you can get a lift with me.

butters323
17-10-2006, 11:24 PM
it may be lookin good 4 me... i will have to see how much work i get done. im an eaga beva but

32c
18-10-2006, 04:09 PM
32c: i really can't promise nething. it depends on how long we stay for lunch in the hunter. i really don't like putting an end time on a cruise, bcos so many things tend to happen along the way that you just can't plan for. ie. extra stops, longer lunch, ppl running late/getting lost, traffic jams, engines dieing...mind you, ian won't b on this cruise ;)
but if it runs to plan.....anytime after 4pm? maybe between 4-5 we'd be in windsor. sorry dude, i can only give you a rough estimate. this cruise is just that, not like the berrima one that was quite set to schedule. i've never been out to putty rd before (or it was a long time ago if i have) so i don't know what the area is like exactly. no recons this time.

kewl silver6 and fred! will put u guys down. - you can see how kewl the sp20 seats look! lol ;)
sorry to hear bout the 'stina mike :( hope it's fixable and doesn't cause you too much hassle.

kwel thanks. i dont know what to do. 5 is pushing it!.. ill see how i go

EddyEdwards
19-10-2006, 03:02 AM
It's toying with me but I really can't go, I was anticipating this cruise so much - beleive that. Too much happening and the Exams are just way too important, so I have to pull out :( Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

skitz
19-10-2006, 07:42 AM
ahhh leigh we are losing them like flys lol hmmmm we need to think of a way to keep every one coming hmmm lol maby if leigh shows everyone the under the table photos from the weding that might get ppl interested :D :D ;) ;)

32c
19-10-2006, 03:02 PM
photos?... where!?... :D

rejy
19-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I am still coming i will meet thos coming from sydney at the Caltex Twin Servos at 10am -10.15am

Red Frog
19-10-2006, 07:27 PM
skitz, mate, it ALWAYS happens! nothing we can do. wait till 2moro arvo, there'll b more :p

hey rejy that is awesome!! see ya at the twin servos

sorry to hear u can't come eddy, but okay......i can understand now! i didn't realise the hsc started today!! so fair enuff. u really do need to study. completely understandable. hopefully we'll all catch up at a later stage :)

skitz
19-10-2006, 08:11 PM
skitz, mate, it ALWAYS happens! nothing we can do. wait till 2moro arvo, there'll b more :p

hey rejy that is awesome!! see ya at the twin servos

sorry to hear u can't come eddy, but okay......i can understand now! i didn't realise the hsc started today!! so fair enuff. u really do need to study. completely understandable. hopefully we'll all catch up at a later stage :)

lol yeah but no more ppl are alowd under my law to cancel :Pjks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: cant wait i will be heading up to good old sydney tomorrow. at about 8pm i will leave canberra :P this should be a great day we all still good for the dinner after?

ps hey leigh if u have the weding/cruise pics on disc can u bring it with u so i can put them on my laptop plz ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Laser the Amazer
19-10-2006, 08:59 PM
The Astra has the new Muffler in, back to being quiet

Needs a good clean, gotta love having a black car

should be all good for saturday though

anybody got tips/advice for using the M7 and yes I do have an E-Tag

Rob

mike_d87
19-10-2006, 10:14 PM
barry (the car) has changed his mind and wants to come. went for a drive tonight and the suspension held up fine, but i will be the slowest around corners :p

Beau
20-10-2006, 03:54 PM
yeah the whole hsc thing does suck.. but to anyone else doin it, good luck! worst part of all - ive been dyin for a cruise since i got my p's..

Bailey87
20-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Beau you have to come cos i am bring tina all new and black and low.

Red Frog
20-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Recap on what's happening in less than 12hrs!!

LOL!!
Meeting at Thornleigh Maccas at 8.45am, to leave right on 9am.
Meeting Newy/Central Coast ppls at Nthbound Twin Servos at 10am. Leaving 10.15am.
ETA in the Hunter is 10.45-11am. We're going to take the normal road in, passing through Cessnock to get some lunch.

IF you know of a good place in the Hunter to get takeaway, please tell me 2moro morning and we'll head there. Once we leave the Twin Servos it's really up to us what we want to do. After all this is going to be a cruisy cruise and we're all going to be in cruisy moods ;) lol

If the weather is brilliant i'm thinking of a lookout near the start of Putty Rd where we can eat, or we can pop our bums on a rug on the lawns of a winery - oooh just thought of one that has HEAPS of parking and picnic tables. Like I said, this is something we can organise 2moro. There's heaps of places to go in the Hunter for food.

Then hopefully leaving the Hunter about 1-1.30pm, heading for the Putty Rd. We'll stop along the way where it seems suitable to take piccys etc etc. Like I said before, I haven't been on the Putty Rd as far as I can remember, so it'll be new for me and for most people. We'll just play this part by ear.

Hopefully finishing up in Windsor around 4-4.30pm, where we can cruise around for awhile, laze in a park and then if you want to (yes!!! please come!!!) we'll head to The Mean Fiddler at Rouse Hill for an early dinner - as we have a handful of people heading back to Canberra.

I am now off to put together a much more detailed map/leaflet (i'm typically known for my famed leaflets, so I gotta keep the tradition going ;)) of the cruise, which I will hand out 2moro. This will include intersections that are a bit iffy and a detailed running of the days events.

I BEG, GROVEL, ask you ALL to bring your UHF handheld radios. When you are in an area where there's no mobile reception, this is where these babies come in handy. Plus, it's hella funny to have conversations with every1 lol
There's going to be a few major intersections 2moro that we need to get through, and the UHF will be your holy grail if you aren't sure where you're going or you lose the pack of AGT vehicles.

Right now i'm off. Vodka is calling. Hmmm but so is a 7am start to wash the car......ah, I'm sure i'll find a good balance b/t the 2 :D lol

CYA ALL BRIGHT AND EARLY 2moro!!!

Cheers,
Leigh :D :D :D

rodhog
20-10-2006, 10:20 PM
it's a very early startt for me - Usually wake up at 11am - mind you I don't get to sleep till about 4 am.
but I'm 80% to turn up in A car
100% not in a Astina :(
75% not in a Tx-5
and almost 80% in the mx6, just depends if it can make it.

Red Frog
20-10-2006, 10:29 PM
woot woot! bring the mx6!!!!!! :D of course u can make it. i usually sleep in till 11 on weekends - bliss! but hell, this'll b worth it!

butters323
20-10-2006, 10:49 PM
ILL BE THERE. twin servos at 10am. make sure yall park in the truck stop section too! i havnt met new people in ages. lol well i havent had a cruise in ages either

Red Frog
20-10-2006, 10:51 PM
OMG! are u serious?? u ARE coming?!?! fantastic!! can't wait to catch up and see the ploute........i mean protege :D

rodhog
20-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I sleep till 2pm on weekends HA HA

nah off to bed now

Zooming Bravo
21-10-2006, 01:34 AM
I have been suffering the last few days with the flu and here I'm up at 1.30am....still not well...so as much as I hate to say it I'm staying indoors and will have to pullout of the cruise...I hope you all have a grea day and one day the Astina or the Bravo will join you guys...will look forward to seeing the pic's..

Sorry Leigh..

Dave

butters323
21-10-2006, 08:06 AM
SOFT.... hahah naa man get better champ. its raining atm :(

peng
21-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Just got home, enjoyed the cruise. thanks to everyone, and especially Leigh. see you guys again soon.

mike_d87
21-10-2006, 06:40 PM
yep it was a great day to spend a rainy saturday. hope everyone got home safe with no mechanical problems.

Bailey87
21-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I will try and get the photos up loaded soon so everyone can have a look but if anyone who went on the cruise wants photo i can send them to you by email.

butters323
21-10-2006, 09:03 PM
good to meet new people. soz if i didnt meet some... im kinda shy with the whole introduction section stuff. peace kids.

DB0984
21-10-2006, 09:04 PM
I will try and get the photos up loaded soon so everyone can have a look but if anyone who went on the cruise wants photo i can send them to you by email.

Yeah. Me please. (raises hand enthusiastically)

bradshaw_79@yahoo.com.au

butters323
21-10-2006, 09:04 PM
oh and btw.... i took a white astina, red frog and the ute in ONE HIT... ahhh memories...

DB0984
21-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Wish my GF was there to take pics.

Bailey87
21-10-2006, 09:11 PM
i have got a few good shots.

butters323
21-10-2006, 09:43 PM
and who said males ARNT multitalented mauahhahahahahahhaha!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/butters323/100_2574.jpg

32c
21-10-2006, 09:54 PM
ended up having a bigger night on the friday then expected,sorry icouldnt make it!.. wish i had of gone though

rodhog
21-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Dam dave was hoping to see you again give you some tips on Big Roy and how to use him to give souths a win ;)

But yeah I'm finally home.

after refilling, it worked out at about 379km travelled and 46L of fuel used - you work it out. fuel light came on at Parra on the M4 but it made Hurlstone park no worries

Still wish I could have taken the Astina, mind you someone washed it while I was crusing.

All up great day great to see old face and new ones

A big thumbs up to Leigh for organizing and alround great Cruise :D

Hope to see pics - Of cars thank you

DB0984
21-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Here are some of my pics

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210001.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210002.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210003.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210004.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210005.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210007.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210008.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210010.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210015.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210018.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210017.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/PA210024-1.jpg

butters323
21-10-2006, 11:32 PM
lol love the last one.... AHHAHAHAHHA caught!

skitz
21-10-2006, 11:46 PM
lol just got home will up load what i got later

great day:P

skitz
22-10-2006, 09:59 AM

yeah that would be awsome ..... expenso@hotmail.com

Red Frog
22-10-2006, 09:59 AM
hey guys!!!

well what can i say?? :D :D :D :D :D i had an amazing day!! and it was great to finally meet everyone. except for skitz and butters, i hadn't met u guys b4!

thanku for making it a fabulous day 2, amid the weather. and look, the sun IS out 2day. oh well, didn't stop us!!

so all up we had 11 cars and 18 ppl. that's what i call a well rounded cruise.
lunch ended up at harrigan's, which i didn't particularly want to do, but the weather got the better of us, and we needed warm meals and shelter! and after skitz FINALLY got his order right, we had a scrummy lunch!

and thanks to halley's crazy sis for taking (what i'm sure will be) fantastic shots, hanging out the window going at what, 1?0kms at one stage?? lol and thanks to my also crazy passenger for companying (hahha see skitz, THAT's how u spell it! lol) me for the day and taking photos.

what can i say about putty rd but..........fecking kewl w/ those awesome twisties!!!

wow. leaving me speechless with how much fun we had.

i'll post up a review later on + of the ppl who attended, as i'm just about to head out on another cruise! this time one to wiseman's ferry with FL.com. and convinced my guy to come w/ me 2. he can hang out the window and take photos, as he's a semi-photographer. lol dumbass had to work yesterday.

so on the topic of photos........daz, what's that program u were telling me about where we can drop our photos into??
i wanna see everyone's photos uploaded by the end of the week! you've got until then, and then i will track u down and annoy u lol

once again thanku guys! the cruise wouldn't have been so great if you weren't there.

cheers,

skitz
22-10-2006, 10:09 AM
hey guys!!!

so all up we had 11 cars and 18 ppl. that's what i call a well rounded cruise.
lunch ended up at harrigan's, which i didn't particularly want to do, but the weather got the better of us, and we needed warm meals and shelter! and after skitz FINALLY got his order right, we had a scrummy lunch!

damn u lol it wasnt my fault my ppl kept changin there orders and i think the order lady got the shiit :P

and thanks to halley's crazy sis for taking (what i'm sure will be) fantastic shots, hanging out the window going at what, 1?0kms at one stage?? lol and thanks to my also crazy passenger for companying (hahha see skitz, THAT's how u spell it! lol) me for the day and taking photos.

damn u lol how can u remember that :P so um....what company u talking about? ....coles,hoyts? somthink else

so on the topic of photos........daz, what's that program u were telling me about where we can drop our photos into??

cheers,
yeah plz put up what it is besause i got 138 picks to upload and there is no way i am clicking upload and waiting that long with photo bucket

butters323
22-10-2006, 10:45 AM
www.zoto.com

you will have to download their 'uploader' program once u sign up, but its safe and there is not one piece of spam or ads on it. very very hand... im just not sure wat max limit is.

butters323
22-10-2006, 10:58 AM
oh oh oh i must mention that even though it takes less time to upload, gettin the links for each pic might take longer as im not sure if u can select multiple images... i just say test the program BEFORE u go ahead and upload ur shizzlewack!

peng
22-10-2006, 11:09 AM

can you send them to me too, thanks!

DB0984
22-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey butters thats a great little program.

http://db0984.zoto.com/galleries/puttyrd

butters323
22-10-2006, 11:56 AM
well there ya go peoples.... that galley is wat i was gonna show u but ya i got beat to it lol.

EddyEdwards
22-10-2006, 08:35 PM
hey guys!!!
what can i say about putty rd but..........fecking kewl w/ those awesome twisties!!!

wow. leaving me speechless with how much fun we had.

I'd like to point out that was my idea :D
I'm so jelous I couldn't make it. My cars embarrasing compared to the ones shown in the photos :'( Dints and things all over the place, no A pillar strips, stock ride height with stock steelies and only 3 hubcaps.... I'd be ashamed just being there. Sounds like you guys had alot of fun. Damn I wish I still went though :( Ah well.

skitz
22-10-2006, 10:11 PM
ow eddy u should of come lol we would of got on great :P look at my car it has 4 different colours :P and is stock as a mother tooo lol

okay lol there is only a few in there atm but in the morning there should be about 100

http://skitz.zoto.com/galleries/huntercruise#

heaps of them were way tooo blury and were of random thinks like the sky :P so i think i got most of the bad ones out of the album though there is a few more for me to put up including the car trip home lol man did me and heva pick on the two in the back when they feel asleep lol ................

DB0984
22-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey Eddy

Its not about what car you drive. Its about meeting up with new ppl who have the same interests as you.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/db0984/DSC00316-1.jpg

This is a pic i took a few years back on an AGT cruise, im the red laser with 15' wheels, amoungst a rx7, 2xturbo lasers, SP20 etc and it was a great day.

This cruise was one of the better ones i have been on (more driving. less stopping) A big thanks goes out to Leigh for organising it.

butters323
23-10-2006, 12:18 AM
ya leigh ur champ!

rodhog
23-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Got to say Great snaps and all

you make me really really wish I had the astina there as I think it would of really looke great.
Plus unlike the Mx-6 it's front bar is not as battle damaged. LOL

on top I have to remember to take my own camera along.

Red Frog
23-10-2006, 01:26 AM
hey guys!!

just got home from the fordlaser cruise to wiseman's ferry!! yes well, okay we got home about 6pm, but that was with a detour down galston gorge and a cruisy snooze at crosslands, then back to thornleigh for pizza and scrubs - damn i love that show! teheehe photos from today were awesome!! luke hung out the back window for most of it (alla halley's sister's style lol), taking piccys w/ his droolo canon dsrl lol will post a link of the day once i get his pics which are pretty kewl!

thanku to all the ppl who enjoyed our hunter cruise!! it was so much more organised than the FL one! i turned up at thornleigh maccas at 11 (luke was not impressed at being dragged outta bed :P) then to find that noone turned up until 11.30! and we only left at 12pm cos i rounded everyone up AFTER looking thru the map to figure out the route we were taking - no one had much of an idea! so i ended up organising the hunter cruise and semi-taking over the wiseman's ferry cruise. i think that's enuff cruise-organising for now! lol

that zoto software looks tops! i still mite use my photobucket for this cruise, then for sth that has stacks of photos use zoto.
great pics dean and kyle!! but kyle, i KNOW there's more pics to come! lol and i'll make sure to post that pic of me half strangling u :D :D

what a crazy, fun day we had!

ps, dean which cruise was that photo taken at? it was an awesome day. u can see the lastina 2nd from the end :D tehehe

Critter
23-10-2006, 10:54 AM
So sorry I couldn't make this. In the end, work work work......
Glad all had a good one!!

skitz
23-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Got to say Great snaps and all

Plus unlike the Mx-6 it's front bar is not as battle damaged. LOL

hmmm is that a cop out on me? lol

DB0984
23-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey leigh

It was a FL/AGT cruise back in 9/04. We met up at the twin caltex servos then went to caves beach, the on to warners bay (this is were i had to leave) then into newcastle.

Laser the Amazer
23-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Had a pretty good day I did 480kms on 31 Litres. So the Astra is doing better then the smaller 1.6 Mazda did.

Sorry for bailing early. I had present shopping to do which was at another winery and had a bit more of a wander around.

Also sorry for being a bit slower then everyone. Must have been the Astra not being able to keep up haha only joking.

I didn't take any pics as dad stole my DSLR for the weekend

Rob

Red Frog
23-10-2006, 06:59 PM
hmmmmm!!!! and where we're u yesterday then?? bailer :p not even answering my calls!

skitz
23-10-2006, 08:55 PM
hey leigh lets see what u got...... photos

lets see those ones of me and heva at the fiddler.....

ps WHO R U

rodhog
24-10-2006, 12:41 AM
hmmm is that a cop out on me? lol

NO not at all. I rather have my bar in primer and straight then have it peeling - fading - poll rash - truck rash (back in 02 2 days out of shop).

seriously I'm picky A-hole when it comes to my cars. My daily driver is not insured and I just change over it's head lgihts to new ones ? :confused:

rejy
24-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone who i ment on the run and the ones i didnt really get to from just being busy with the whole day, i really enjoyed meeting the few people i did meet and it was great to share a bit in common. I cant wait to meet the rest and get to know them too. A big sorry to leaving just after the first little bit of the twisties. I still have this white bg astina getting fairly sideways half way into a corner and almost pointing his bonnet back at me while im hot on his tail in my mind, god that was funny then he took of like as if i would forget who it was, so that when we stopped i couldnt remember but i did, hehehe owell. Just another great thanks to allowing me to come along and im sure i will do it again anytime.

Laser the Amazer
24-10-2006, 08:24 PM
hmmmmm!!!! and where we're u yesterday then?? bailer :p not even answering my calls!

I was at my mate's place and my phone was in my bag. And I slept in. I sent you back an SMS and after sending 3 or so SMS's over the last few days I discover my temporary phone isn't sending them, getting that looked at tomorrow hopefully

I felt really bad about that

Again Sorry

Rob

MAztinA 323
24-10-2006, 09:25 PM
HAHHAHAHA that was the best! it was me who slid! lol i think it was a 90 degree turn and we were heading into it at like 80kmh and i figured my car has like stock stiff suspension.. so i didnt brake much, ended up slowing to about 70 (engine braking) and i kept turning, but the back wheel (apparently) lifted a little and i started sliding/drifting! hahah wow! then back to 2nd and took off fast as i knew rejy was on my tail... hope i didnt frighten u too much! lol
the back wheels were kinda bald... hehehehe~~~

awesome cruise! got some great shots adn some video as well which ill post up on youtube or something soonly :P

Beau
24-10-2006, 09:26 PM
anybody happen to get this event on camera?? :D

good stuff mate.. keep it up.

skitz
25-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Bailey87 i still want to see what photos u got same with u redfrog lol and i think there was someone that got some video of it

butters323
25-10-2006, 09:03 PM
so any1 posting up more pics ey?

Red Frog
25-10-2006, 09:14 PM
i will when i'm not so tired! or busy

great cruise every1 :D

DB0984
25-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Come on guys more pics.

Hey leigh i ended up going for the Canon S3 IS, picked it up yesterday. Have not had time to have a proper play with it, probably do that on the weekend. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

MAztinA 323
26-10-2006, 01:19 AM
hey i have like 131 pics and 13 movies... uploading will commence after this week of uni!~~

DB0984
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I thought there were going to be more pics. What happened to bailey87's pics

butters323
01-11-2006, 11:51 PM
is baily da chicky with torn pants with the SLR? ya im kkeen for those pics.... (ma bad if im wrong)

Zooming Bravo
02-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Just got back online after my pc also got the flu...damn trojan thingy....

To Leigh and all the other members that I missed out on meeting sorry I bailed but I just didn't feel that well enuff to drive all that way.....sounds and looks like from the pic's you had a great day and flu or not the Astina will be there on the next AGT cruise.

DB0984
02-11-2006, 10:03 AM
is baily da chicky with torn pants with the SLR? ya im kkeen for those pics.... (ma bad if im wrong)

I think so, or it may be her sister.

butters323
02-11-2006, 07:55 PM
either way.... pic uS! lol should be some good pics... the camera looked mad.

Red Frog
14-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Right, you may now commence to start hurling objects at me for being a) extremely busy of late and b) slack :p
I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorry i haven't got around to posting up about the day! So here goes!!

Well the day started out well.......me being a touch late, as per usual, and after telling everyone to polish and shine their cars, I hadn't :p I DID, however, vaccuum it so ner!
We waited for a few sleepy heads to arrive, and headed off through the drizzling rain for the Twin Servos w/ bellies full of hot, greasy bacon & egg mcmuffins....mmmm *drool*...
Had LOTSA fun w/ Skitz and a few others on the F3. Don't think I've hit those types of speeds before :eek: .....hmmmm at least the rain had eased off. Took a few piccys here and there. I know Bailey's sis got some great photos, as did Skitz and his entourage.
Had fun annoying Skitz with my windscreen wiper jets, and then he got me back pretty good ;) lol Fun times, fun times......tehehehe :D

Arrived at the Twin Servos and met up with a few other guys, introduced ourselves, hung around for awhile (weather was nice enough to hold up for us)....then sum1 asked "So who's the organiser here?" I had a little chuckle, as I had at least THOUGHT i'd made it clear by my loud personality and tossing up ideas of what to do for lunch etc....all sorted, and off we headed for the Hunter. Started pouring at some point and decisions had to b made to have lunch indoors "Harrigan's Pub, how can I help?" Hmmm I really didn't want to go here, seeing as AGT had already been before and it's so typical to eat here, but anyways, I compromised and booked a table for outside, undercover...

We were cruising through Nessnock (formally known as "Cessnock") without much hassle, did get caught by a few red lights, bogans in the street, drunks having fights, etc, but all seemed normal. Cruised along in the fairly nice weather, by this stage, and at the request of Butters, we pulled into the Pokolbin Village Resort - he had an extreme urge to go to the Smelly Cheese Shop.... :confused: "Some people I know think that I'm crazzzzyy......." lol. So, all assembled up on the verandah, admiring the views, thinking about what delicious things we could consume in the chocolate shop, until........I realised.....hmmmm "Maybe I should do a head count.....", being the Kindy teacher I am......"Guys, someone is missing.....OH ****! It's Rob......"Hey Rob, where are you?!" He wasn't too sure either, but after a few directions, he finally pulled up.

At this point, I could see a few of the boyz' eyes flashing w/ wildness, and i could hear tummies grumbling......"Rite, off we go for lunchy munchies!" Lunch was lovely at Harrigans, once everyone figured out how to park their cars.....KYLE..... ;) The sun blessed us for awhile, then buggered off behind some clouds. After working out a mathematical formulae of how to order 18 people's meals, only Skitz managed to screw it up. But we can't hold it against him *Pats him on the head, "Good boy! Good boy!" hahahaha :D I can say I throughly enjoyed my pizza and wine(s), and everyone seemed to lick their plates clean. I did realise that, on discussion, none of the people present had actually been to Harrigans before, so I didn't feel too bad in the end.

Now, here is where the REAL cruise began :D :D VVVVRRRRROOOOOOMMM!!! Until next time.....Lol
I will now supply you with a link to the photos of the day, which will be followed by a write up of Putty Rd *Psycho grin!!!* I just cannot believe how we have NEVER organised a cruise on this rd before! It is a pure cruisism type of road! lol

Red Frog
14-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Here we go me little chimpanzees!

http://klish21.zoto.com/galleries/huntervalley/

Gotta luv ya Daz for telling us about this Image Uploading site! It's fantastic! I'm going to peruse it a little longer - still a bit confusing about hot to get the Tags on images, etc - and feel I will use it as my Overseas gallery once i'm there. Very quick and user friendly!

butters323
14-11-2006, 04:43 PM
yes butters is open for some loving.... ill wait right here..... waiting.... waiting....

skitz
15-11-2006, 08:12 PM
At this point, I could see a few of the boyz' eyes flashing w/ wildness, and i could hear tummies grumbling......"Rite, off we go for lunchy munchies!" Lunch was lovely at Harrigans, once everyone figured out how to park their cars.....KYLE..... ;) The sun blessed us for awhile, then buggered off behind some clouds. After working out a mathematical formulae of how to order 18 people's meals, only Skitz managed to screw it up. But we can't hold it against him *Pats him on the head, "Good boy! Good boy!" hahahaha :D I can say I throughly enjoyed my pizza and wine(s), and everyone seemed to lick their plates clean. I did realise that, on discussion, none of the people present had actually been to Harrigans before, so I didn't feel too bad in the end.

lol hey thats no fair it was the chicks fault(at the desk) lol ow but i did screw up matts lol but he kept changing his damn mind :P and hey thats what they get when they send me to to all the thinking :P lol

lol just looked through all ur pick leigh lol hmmm lol u really like the scenary:P just pickin

i really like the 5th last one (u trying to kill me!!!) and the ones of me and heva lol(last two)

rejy
19-11-2006, 05:43 PM
yes butters is open for some loving.... ill wait right here..... waiting.... waiting....

I will love you :confused:

butters323
19-11-2006, 11:23 PM
WOOOHOOO im in...... *nothin suss*

KittyKatSmack
23-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Love your pics Leigh!!!!!!!
So were they taken on the new camera?

Looks like everyone had an awesome time.
Like there was any doubt on one of the Frog's Cruises.
*bows down to the cruise goddess*

Bring on Dorrigo, bring on Dorrigo!

We're sorry we missed an awesome day, but we hope to make it up to everyone at Dorrigo ;)

Red Frog
24-11-2006, 08:25 PM
oh kitty, this cruise was aggges ago :p
and the pics are crap. cos they were taken on a crap camera.

yeah dorrigo would be good, but unfortunately i'm in no position to organise nething until the new year due to crazy times at school, so someone else will have to take this responsibility on with the bookings of it.

Zooming Bravo
25-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Leigh,

Do you have any objection if I mirror the Hunter cruise since I missed it, as Ozmazda.com would love to do a cruise like that maybe in Jan....21st has been mentioned as we have had an increase of members from the Central coast/Newcastle area. If its OK when I have finalized it I will post an invite here in AGT to our family members.

Thanks Dave

rodhog
25-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Dave the only issue will be bushfires they recenlty had it closed for a couple of days due to the bushfires in the area.

Other then that it's a good drive

Zooming Bravo
25-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah I have been watching the news on the bushfires as I have two drivers at work that are close to the Mtn fires..

Lets hope when I run this event that the fires have subseded.

MAztinA 323
22-08-2007, 05:53 PM
haha yea.. so its 10 months late but heres some more pics i took..

just found these on my photobucket and remembered i hadnt shown u ppl! haha~

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/bountyshot/AGT%20cruise/

rodhog
23-08-2007, 12:59 AM
better late then never

but Dam

Oh my lord

first off. How did you get some of them with out me knowing.
I never realised how big ass was LOL

but alot of them are real good.

Irony is that was 2nd last cruise my car took part in. And amazinly it still looks very similar - mind you it's been sitting for last 12 months like that.

Rupewrecht
23-08-2007, 09:41 AM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/bountyshot/AGT%20cruise/DSC03222.jpg

so who the hell is who? i know some faces, but not all.

skitz
23-08-2007, 11:50 AM
so who the hell is who? i know some faces, but not all.

i brought a car load up hahahah so thats why u dnt know some of them...

this cruise was soooo much fun... we should organize the same one again hahaha :P

**yells at leigh to come back to oz for it**

OMG my car is fully stock there with its white front bar hahahah rofl hahahaha and bigger OMG look at me with long hair .... i miss my long hair

cheers for poping ur pics up mate brings back memory's of good times that was a great day

MAztinA 323
23-08-2007, 11:52 AM
haha yea good question... i forget most names and cant remember their user names too well either.. but i think i can sort of remember the cars they drive~

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/bountyshot/AGT%20cruise/namesagtcruisecopy.jpg

Red Frog
26-10-2007, 08:45 AM
damn that was a fun cruise. and jesus, those photos were a blast from the past. my heart skipped a beat when i saw my baby. i'll never forget how well she handled. *sigh*

so when's the next cruise boys and girls? ;)

cazza
29-01-2008, 12:28 PM
can we do this again some timei so would of come

skitz
29-01-2008, 01:13 PM
i second that! i will drive up for it!

bourbon
29-01-2008, 01:40 PM
start to organise somethin...all the info from the cruise should be up here...

cazza
30-01-2008, 11:05 AM
bourbs im moving to S.A this weekend so, short notice other wise i would have organized it again, ill get one going for the 'South side' of Oz,

OZY-323
30-01-2008, 11:09 PM
i know the guys from ozmazda are organising a hunter cruise??