PDA

View Full Version : MazdaSpeed Newcastle - Nelson Bay Cruise (21st January)

AZ00MD
18-12-2006, 11:15 PM
*** CRUISE POSTPONED ***

PLEASE SEE LAST POST MADE IN THIS TOPIC BY ME FOR INFORMATION

Date: 21st January 2007
[B]Location: Nelson Bay

Sydney meeting point - 8.00AM @ Thornleigh Maccas, Pennant Hills Road Leaving 8.30AM Sharp - Consult Mel (GO61RL)

Central Coast meeting point - 9.30 AM Twin Servos @ Wyong, Northbound - leaving 9.45 AM sharp - let butters323 know if you will be meeting at this point

Newcastle meeting point - 10.30 AM at the BP Servo/Hungry Jacks at the end of the Freeway, Beresfield. leaving 11 AM

BBQ Lunch!

I'll be throwing a BBQ once we get up there. If youd like to support the BBQ, ill supply some bread, sausages, steak, onions, tomato and bbq sauce, a few cartons of soft drinks etc. let me know if you wish to supply any of these. A couple of dollars from everyone to cover the cost would be nice.

Let me know here or via PM or MSN if anyone is interested in coming (and if you are bringing along supplies for the BBQ) or if you are a member of MazdaSpeed Newcastle -- Click Here (http://www.webscenesitedesign.com/mazdaspeed/view_topic.php?pid=1346#p1346)

faz323
19-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Count me in.

mazdamanik
20-12-2006, 12:13 PM
im there:D

Zooming Bravo
20-12-2006, 10:45 PM
sounds great as I said on OZM if I'm not working I'm in...now what to bring the Bravo or the Astina ???

DB0984
21-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Newcastle meet point has changed to

Newcastle meeting point - 10.30 AM at the BP Servo/Hungry Jacks at the end of the Freeway, Beresfield. leaving 10.45 AM

Zooming Bravo
22-12-2006, 06:48 PM
There is talk of a Australia Day cruise being organised on OMC to Newcastle area....this is just here say.

butters323
23-12-2006, 07:16 PM
lol mebbe they will read their directions this aussie day and not get lost. good luck to em. hahahhaha. az like i said before im in.

rejy
24-12-2006, 09:27 PM
i might be coming too!!!

Red Frog
28-12-2006, 01:14 PM
if i'm not doing nething that day, i'll cruise up :) sounds like a nice day!
or is it a mazda's only cruise?

mazdamanik
28-12-2006, 10:19 PM
u have a mazda....well at least it says "made in japan by mazda" so corse u can come:D

ROB-80E
31-12-2006, 08:28 PM
At this stage I should be able to come. Will be out for any australia day action though.

Mazda_Brian
02-01-2007, 09:16 AM
I will be there in some form of Traitor Vehicle, but I can garauntee it will be Japanese made (so wont be a bogandoore or falcoon).

Hopefully, if OMC organise another Aus-day cruise, they will plan it a little better, not go through the middle of a highly congested city.

Butters, OMC's Aus-day cruise last year had no directions given out, this was part of the problem with directions, but the main problem was driving through Gosford while they had muge road closures, extreamly heavy traffic, and the group getting seperated by many traffic lights, but the Astona GT Australia Day cruise to Berrima last year, there was instructions, UHF channels, regular meeting points, and a proper safety and directions speach given prior to departure, and it ended up quite successful, even pushing through the northern Wollongong suburbs, there where regular re-gathering points, and not half as much congestion as the Soldier's Beach cruise.

B.

butters323
02-01-2007, 07:24 PM
umm sorry mr brian but directions WERE given out on the forums and i even scanned in directions and photoshopped the path to be taken. yes i agree the traffic was bad, but i was told the give directions from gossy autopro to norah head (ie the meeting spot) as i was familiar with the coast, so thats wat i did. the fact that there was an accident right in our path before we all stopped at the racecourse was clearly no fault of mine.

Do you really expect some1 who puts in abit of effort towards a cruise to print out 50 copyies of the directions simply because people like yourself are too lazy and or dumb to look and print them out yourselves. Its a life skill to be organised enuf to print a simple map and directions.

Yes we all had UHF radios but unfortunatly they dont work too well when the cruise leaders are heading up to norah head and half the people decide to take the road to terrigal.

Mate i did wat i was require to do, unfortunatly, u and many other people did not. So, as kindly as possible ( not that it should be) be silent, grow a brain brian to stop ur stupidity.

nuf said.

Mazda_Brian
02-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Do you really expect some1 who puts in abit of effort towards a cruise to print out 50 copyies of the directions simply because people like yourself are too lazy and or dumb to look and print them out yourselves. Its a life skill to be organised enuf to print a simple map and directions.

Sure do, Leigh did her Berrima cruise 3 days later, printed out directions for everyone, and the directions given on yours and Craig's cruise WHERE online, but strangely, they changed with the road closures that occured on the day.

Yes we all had UHF radios but unfortunatly they dont work too well when the cruise leaders are heading up to norah head and half the people decide to take the road to terrigal.

The problem with the UHF's was that people that assumed directions from mis-reading their prints, and tooking at street signs that the locals had spun around, we ended up being told via UHF to continue straight, unfortunately, we found this to later be incorrect.

Butters, this forum still laughs at that cruise even now, there was a thread less than a month ago in here where people where using Burgs' and your cruise as a reason not to attend another OMC cruise that was being advertised, so in that 1 cruise, you have caused damage to OMC that will take a long time to reverse.

I too have organised several successful cruises for OMC, including the Brocky Bathurst cruise, etc.

I took the liberty to test drive the directions printed not once, but several times, check with local councils and forward them the routes so they could verify any road closures, then printed many copies of the directions off incase people where attending from 'hear-say', or didn't have access to printers, etc.

I understand and respect you and Craig put a lot of effort into the cruise, but many people learnt what NOT to do from it, late the night before Leigh's cruise, she made multiple changes to her ways, including the printing of instructions.

Hey, we all make mistakes, but some are larger than others.

Anyway Butters, see you at the Newcastle cruise :)

B.

butters323
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
oh dear OMC has been so severly battered by this cruise and it will be sooooo sooo very hard to recover from it. lol cry me a river emo boy. do u know u take these clubs/cruise/etc so seriously. I still disagree that directions should have been printed for all u dumb****s how cant work a simple printer.... or for those who are too stubborn to be bothered to read the basic idea of the cruise and not head to terrigal. lol .

I took the liberty to test drive the directions printed not once, but several times,
lol get a job, or some friends to spend time with hey. go to the beach, get a tan whitey, just sumfin to make urself not look so stupid.

yesh yesh the forums laugh at the cruise. hahahahhahahahaha. im laughin too. unfortunatly, as mentioned before ( but u have proven to me that u have trouble reading text many times) the meeting location was autopro and the directions were the best until Lemony Snicket got the upper hand.

in conclusion, all i ever hear from u translates to "wah wah wah, fukin wah". its really time to grow up and get over it. stop taking the car scene so seriously. trust me, ull enjoy it more knowing ur goin on a cruise to meet people n check out cars rather than trying to remember the bad things that happened u grumpy old sod u.

cya at newy

strawberry kisses emo boi

-butters

platypus
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
umm who cares what happened then?

geez guys.....

butters323
02-01-2007, 11:26 PM
lol bahahah nuf said.

Mazda_Brian
03-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Butters,

I taske my cruising serious, yes.

I dont go on cruises so I can park in a carpark and look at pretty cars and chat to people who have paid others to do stuff to their car, I go on a CRUISE to CRUISE!!!

As for reading your instructions, looking at some of your posts, your gramma skills are pathetic at best, maybe there lies a problem.

Speaking to other people on many other forums, your credibility as a cruise organiser is shot, and so is Craig's, but that doesn't bother me the slightest.

As for calling me Whitey, that's quite funny, considering I have a nice tan at the moment, go cruising almost every single weekend with many people, and as for Job, well I get paid good money to do bugger all.

Anyway, this cruise isn't being organised by you or Craig, so things should go smoothly, see you there :)

B.

butters323
03-01-2007, 10:35 AM
yesh yesh wah wah all again. As for the call whitey, amongst other calls, it was an expression to get a life. i cld continue rebutttals for hours wit ma excesssivelly bad grammer much, but id ratha not cause im kinda ova it. i dunt mind if u continue either keyboard warrior.

Best wishes,
Buttaz
(that dude wit gramma bad much)

mazdamanik
03-01-2007, 11:18 AM
im gunna drop out guys sorry

Zooming Bravo
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm looking forward to this cruise and now I'm 100% committed as I have rostered myself off....its an advantage when you build the rosters..

now what to bring the Astina or the Bravo...thats right the Bravo as it might need to tow that Nissan thing..

OMC last year cruise is so over and OK there was a hiccup but then we are all sheep one turns we all turn..

Mazda_Brian
05-01-2007, 08:18 AM
I will know hopefully today if I am 100% or not :)

Even if my car's not ready, I will tag along with someone else, then I can say hi to everyone anyway...

B.

Red Frog
05-01-2007, 10:52 AM
hahahaa you two GIRLS seriously need to spend some time with the Kindies i taught last year! They'd teach you a thing or two! ;)

Neways, we all know that the Berrima cruise was the best :D *stands in the limelight for a bit longer......* nah just joking. it just seemed like a good cruise, bcos i put A LOT of effort into organising it, and when i meant A LOT, it was probably too much effort - doing the recon, i wrote down every detail of every turn we needed to take.....(obsessive is a good word!). i did this to make sure that if there was a hitch on the day, there was a plan in place to resolve it (once again, obessive...lol). and as to the printed directions, that was seriously an 11th hour decision from a tipoff from someone who went on the OMC cruise and got lost. and i COMPLETELY agree with daz. it is your responsibility as a member of a cruise to know the route planned. do not rely on following others.

now, how bout we all take something from this: learn from others, build off that and make each cruise better and better. i'm not saying try to better another person's cruise, bcos that is harsh. just learn from them. hell, i could NOT have organised the berrima cruise if i hadn't learnt from others who had planned cruises i had attended. kudos to those agt, FL and OMC lovelies :)

neways, i will see what i'm doing that weekend and hopefully will attend the newy cruise :) need to test run the lastina neways, cos she's heading up to brissy a few days later.

Zooming Bravo
07-01-2007, 01:10 AM
I hope you can make it Leigh as its been a long time as I missed you cruise last year due to the flu..

Mazda_Brian
09-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Yes Leigh, it's been ages since we have seen each other, would be great to catch up as well....

I will be there for sure, got another few gadgets in my car to play with and show off as well :)

B.

Q2CDIS
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
ill b there if my car is in 1 peice again..

Mazda_Brian
11-01-2007, 08:05 AM
I am confirmed now, there should be me and Danielle, and maybe 1 other but the 1 other isn't confirmed....

B.

Zooming Bravo
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
cool will be looking forward to catching up Brian..

ROB-80E
12-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm out...

http://www.fordlaser.com/viewtopic.php?p=536524#536524

Zooming Bravo
13-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Its a shame mate I hope you can get it back on the road soon...

tidy protege
14-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I will make an appearance Andrew, will be a good excuse to run in the new car and catch up with some people i havent seen in a long time, sms me through the week mate.

*note* I am very disappointed to read the bitching going on about me and daz's australia day cruise almost a year later, the cruise became Kaotic when people didnt follow the directions posted on line, it was a simple case of monkey see monkey do and if memory serves me correct brian you are one of the people who went the wrong way. With minimal planning managing over 50 cars in peak hour traffic the day could have gone worse, lets not argue about it as its always nice to see a truck load of mazdas and their owners at the same place at the same time.

There were faults in our cruise as there are in many cruises, the brocky cruise you are so proud off wasnt as smooth sailing as people are lead to believe with in turn resulted in a **** fight on omc.

I still think my Astina GT Cruise to the Vineyards in 2005 was an awsome day, which went quiet smooth sailing and we got decent numbers there as well as having a quality day.

will be good to see you all soon

peace out

bradsp20
15-01-2007, 11:01 PM
cant wait for this cruise

should be awesome.....

Zooming Bravo
16-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Should be a great day Brad...

Don't forget Sydney ppl we leave Macca's Thornleigh @ 8:30am sharp...

AZ00MD
17-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Download Directions - PDF (http://www.webscenesitedesign.com/mazdaspeed/Nelson Bay Cruise - Directions.pdf)

AZ00MD
18-01-2007, 05:05 PM
It is with regret that I am to postpone the cruise to Nelson Bay, which was to be held on Sunday, 21st January 2007.

Reason being, an imminent death in my girlfriend's family, and I feel that it is more important that I am with her during this difficult time.

I hope that you all understand this, and respect my wishes.

We will set the cruise at a later date.

Zooming Bravo
18-01-2007, 11:57 PM
If it is OK with others Mel (ozm & omc) will look after this cruise and will still run it with help from the coasties if thats OK....but as for lunch it will be fish n chips or a hamburger from near the beach....I will confirm everything tomorrow...

Red Frog
20-01-2007, 12:27 PM
So it's still running?
I'm going to head up, but might pull out a tad early as i need to get to homebush by 6pm.

faz323
20-01-2007, 02:17 PM
So it's still running?
I'm going to head up, but might pull out a tad early as i need to get to homebush by 6pm.

Cruise is on as originally planned. Cya tomorrow on the newcastle leg :)

bradsp20
22-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Was a great day had by all

thats to all involved in organising the day....

The only downside was the 5.5 hr trip home because of the Bush Fires....
Gotta love Nelson Bay

Pics are posted on OMC

Zooming Bravo
22-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah it was a great day and next long cruise the Astina will be drafted for that one..the poor Bravo showed signs of heat stroke.....but it still soldiered on two wheeling around a roundabout..and Brad you had Janet and I in stitches on the way home with your commentary..

Thanks Newie guys..

Red Frog
23-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey guys :)
Glad you had a great day. Waiting for piccies!

I'm so sorry i didn't make it, as in the end i had to be at Homebush by 3pm. And then with the fires.....well lets say Miss Leigh has been awake for over 36hrs now, with a few hours sleep in the middle of today. That's what you get for being a member of the SES and a fire breaks out in your area. So in the end, it was for the best i didn't head up, as i was needed back in Sydney.
Bummer to you guys that it took so long to get back home. I was stationed at the Mt Colah entrance to the FWY from midnight till 7am, getting all the Newy and Central Coast traffic squeezed into one lane and headed down the FWY. It took my boyfriend's mum something like 3hrs to travel from Woy Woy.

bradsp20
31-01-2007, 01:23 PM
yeh was a great day Red Frog.....
Bloody hot and with the Bush Fires n all but ended up being a great day