PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Australia Day Fireworks - Friday 26th Jan

Red Frog
05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey Guys and Grrls!

I'm going to be in Brissy for Aus Day and was wondering who else is going down to the river for the fireworks?

What are the best vantage (sp:p) points along the river? I'm staying not far from indooroopilly station, so will catch a train into the city and check out what's going on.

We'll organise a good meeting point and go from there!
So who's up for it?

boostedbatman
05-01-2007, 09:54 AM
We might be heading in for the show, so lets see who is interested and see what we can make of it

Beckie
05-01-2007, 10:11 AM
should be there i think :)
i don't have anything else planned as yet...

Leigh - you'll be on my train line :p
If i catch the train in i'll check out what time you're catching it if you want and be on the same train.. :)

RustyKaos
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I'll be in. Just give me a meeting point and time and I will be there. It will be a good time for me to meet some of the crew before I go on my first cruise.

platypus
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
we should be there!!! (all 3 of us!)
check here for more details
http://www.ourbrisbane.com/whatson/events/html/events/1/86129.html

platypus
07-01-2007, 10:31 PM
so who else is going?

Astro Boy
07-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Leigh - you'll be on my train line :p
... didn't realise indooroopilly was on the direct line to darwin! :p

Beckie
08-01-2007, 09:21 AM
haha very funny....

no .. if it was on the train line to darwin i'd be heading up there asap :p
remember i have lots of friends up there ;)

So you coming?

platypus
13-01-2007, 07:31 PM
*twiddles thumbs*

leigh? greg? beckie??

i'm thinking picnic rug and a bit of a mini spread... BBQ chicken etc... thoughts?

boostedbatman
14-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Unless you get there at least 5 hrs before you wont fit a picnic rug anywhere

platypus
14-01-2007, 11:41 AM
the plan was to get in about 2ish. maybe earlier. set up a rug or 10! buy or bring food in (we will probably bring food in) depends if they have security at the entrance! but if we put it in Olivia's esky for her bottles they will never no!! where are we wanting to meet?

platypus
15-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Krista: so... no one is interested??or has any suggestions??

Red Frog
17-01-2007, 12:57 AM
i think it might be something that will get organised on the day or the day before.
you guys do your own thing for now (don't let our indecisiveness stop you from going in), and we'll get in touch closer to the date.
i've had a fantastic offer for work, and am not sure how i'm getting to and from brissy at this point in time.
i'm staying at indooroopilly and don't know this area at all. i'd def be catching the train in, but i'm still a bit sketchy as to locations, etc, in brissy, so not too sure where the best spots are. as petey said, u have to get their early for a picnic.
also i'm a bit reliant on the olds and family in brissy, so have to tred lightly around them.

in saying this, i'm still keen on going in of course!!! will be diff to see brisbane celebrating a national day. it's just that details may not arise until the last minute. thinking that if ppls are interested, we can hook up a cruise afterwards and hit mt cootha or sth - once again, i'm not sure of the area up there.
+ i have to challenge coley on the singstar machine (BRING IT OOOOOONNNNN!!!), so might stay over in nthside brotown one night.

Nate
17-01-2007, 05:53 PM
ill be in there somewhere .. alcohol in the city sounds interesting!

boostedbatman
18-01-2007, 04:22 AM
I just hope its not another night ruined by the plethora of Brisbanes worst drunken teenagers. They think they are soo cool but to be honest If I could pull their pants up (so I dont have to see their jocks) and give them a swift kick in the backside for their stupidity and ability to embarass them selves then I would be on Australias most wanted.
Call A Superhero, And kick a drunken teenager
Could be a good proposal for a new National Holiday :D

platypus
18-01-2007, 06:39 AM
thats why were going to southbank - sale of alcohol is normally restricted to within the venue, with bag searches so not too many drunken morons, but rather a good family area