PDA

View Full Version : King Springs Advice needed

LYNX
22-01-2007, 05:37 PM
i just got my 17's rims put on and im wanting to lower my ride and its a BG SP astina and i'd like to lower it a abit and i just measured it from the top of the tyre to the top of the rear arch is around 70mm and at the front its 50mm and i dont want to lower it to much that if i hit a bump it will srub or turn the corner to hard and rip out the guard or something i was thinking around 50mm at the back and like 25mm or 20mm at the front but i kinda what the car sitting level so how do i go about this ? and i got qouted $430 king springs fitted so thats not 2 bad i reckon but yeh i dunno how to make it look good being lowered with out doing damage to the car or my good tyres and being able to handle twisties :confused: :confused:

bourbon
22-01-2007, 06:51 PM
dont get them to install it, im sure theres plenty of people around here that could help and tell you how to do it :p im stilll yet to do mine...hahahaha will be doin it in the next week or so when i ge tnew tyres so only need to do 1 wheel alignment and balance...

LYNX
22-01-2007, 07:18 PM
nah man im getting someone else to do i cbf doing it to much effort if it was something to do with the engine i'd do it myself but it will take to long so yeh

project.r.racing
22-01-2007, 07:25 PM
king springs low will lower your car 30-35mm all round.
does the $430 include camber bolts? if not, get them!!!

ryan

LYNX
22-01-2007, 08:24 PM
lol if it doesn't look good ill cut them myself ha ha ha

mcwilly
22-01-2007, 09:05 PM
stuff that **** lol.i got 17s and super lows and it scrubs wen cornering hard, but got new struts today so gonna see how that goes. i havent got camber bolts but i only have a few mm between my tyres and my struts

Astro Boy
22-01-2007, 09:41 PM
does the $430 include camber bolts? if not, get them!!!

Hey if not ask me! :p

I know i can get them i've just never priced them! I remember paying like $90 for a pair for the charade back in the day, but i'd be interested to know what i can do them for now...

project.r.racing
22-01-2007, 09:43 PM
i've got 2 sitting in my garage collecting dust...

ryan

LYNX
22-01-2007, 09:44 PM
try like super lows on the back and like just lows at the front ?

project.r.racing
22-01-2007, 09:47 PM
try like super lows on the back and like just lows at the front ?um no - its a FWD car, front need to be lower for traction/handling issues.

ryan

LYNX
22-01-2007, 09:55 PM
stuff that **** lol.i got 17s and super lows and it scrubs wen cornering hard, but got new struts today so gonna see how that goes. i havent got camber bolts but i only have a few mm between my tyres and my struts

but your tyres at 205 wide because i looked :) and if i go super lows and being 215 wide it will rip the guard out so i dunno what to do

Astro Boy
22-01-2007, 10:08 PM
i've got 2 sitting in my garage collecting dust...
oh oh... take his offer! :p

um no - its a FWD car, front need to be lower for traction/handling issues.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordWorm
22-01-2007, 10:25 PM
um no - its a FWD car, front need to be lower for traction/handling issues.

ryan
unless you are that fully sik hectic CRX with scissor lift doors we saw on the Da Cruise....

that thing had about 2mm ground clearance at the back, but the front you could park another car under...

haha

project.r.racing
22-01-2007, 10:27 PM
thats call be a big honda tosser...
i can lower my rear another 40mm, but at the expense of my cars braking/handing/accelleration.
personally i think it looks like ****e but thats only my opinion.

ryan

LordWorm
22-01-2007, 10:37 PM
thats call be a big honda tosser...
i can lower my rear another 40mm, but at the expense of my cars braking/handing/accelleration.
personally i think it looks like ****e but thats only my opinion.

ryan
only looks **** cos you don't have scissor lift doors - and vtec ;)

mcwilly
23-01-2007, 02:44 PM
are they king springs on ya garage floor? how much u want for em, i only want rears