PDA

View Full Version : Excitment in the Pants Civic TypeR coming to aus

AstinaBoiV6
13-03-2007, 10:56 AM
hey all im very excited as Honda officially is officially releasing the Civic Type R to the aus market. This car is friggin awsome :p Has the power and weight ratio to seriously cause damage any sports car soo bye bye mazda mps. lol..

there was much contraversy on its release as most australian and other manufacturers did not want this car to be released in aus as its in the same price range of most of their supposed sports models but much faster and better designed.

0-100 in 6.6 and also comes with a 6 Speed gearbox & 18" wheels.. yum yum
U bet il be lining up to test drive 1.:D

http://www.civictyper.com.au/?WT.ac=HP_CTR07
^^^link to homepage^^^

bourbon
13-03-2007, 11:02 AM
yeah and i bet youll have put down a deposit to have a drive...HAHHAAHAHHA... you got that money??? maybe if you sell the pulsar for the price you wanna youll have a deposit...

Rupewrecht
13-03-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2006/09/14-honda-civic-type-r/Honda-Civic-Type-R-3-lg.jpg

Honda Australia has announced at the Melbourne Motor Show that the high-revving Civic Type R hot hatch will be sold in Australia from the middle of this year.

The �Red-H�-badged three-door hatchback has a 2.0-litre i-VTEC engine with a peak output of 148kW at a dizzying 7800 rpm paired with a six-speed manual transmission. Completing the package, 18-inch alloy wheels ride on low profile �licorice strap� 225/40 tyres.

In keeping with the �Raw-fined� motto of the designers, the Civic Type R matches its blistering on-street credentials with a host of luxury and safety features normally seen in sensible sedans.

Honda Australia Managing Director Toshio Iwamoto said �It is wonderful to bring such a sought after and sporty car to Australia.�

�I�m sure all motoring enthusiasts will be impressed with the performance, handling and luxury of the Civic Type R.�

�It�s the hottest Civic we have ever launched here.�

Built at Honda�s Swindon plant in Wiltshire, the Civic Type R is a cult car in the UK, with its massive popularity ensuring over 500 customer orders � or 10% of the entire year�s sales run � before the official British launch date of March 1st.

Price, full specifications and further details of the Australian version of the Civic Type R will be released closer to the on-sale date

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,21325872-21822,00.html

The hottest hatch from Honda is coming to Australia.

The explosive Civic Type R, which is a hit in Europe and has a completely different look to the familiar Civic sedan, will land here in about June.

But that does not mean the rest of the Civic hatch range will come here, according to Honda spokesman Mark Higgins.

“We have to have a business case for bringing the (standard) hatch here,” Higgins says. “It’s made in Britain which makes it a different proposition price-wise from the sedan, which comes from Thailand. It would have to be more expensive (than the sedan) and we have to be mindful of it being competitive in the segment.

“But the Type R is something a bit different. It’s a high performance model that sells at a premium so it makes a different case. All its competitors are special cars and many come from Europe. But we still intend to bring it here at a very competitive price.”

The three-door Type R hatchback is powered by a 2.0-litre with 148kW at 7800 revs paired with a six-speed manual transmission. Pricing won’t be announced until mid-year.

I quite like the look of the 3dr hatch (and the 5dr for that matter). Certainly better than that abortion of a thing they call the sedan

chipa
13-03-2007, 01:35 PM
....Has the power and weight ratio to seriously cause damage any sports car soo bye bye mazda mps. lol..

MPS gets the 0-100 in 6.5, 0.1 seconds faster than the claimed 6.6 of the civic, so that would be an interesting match up.

KittyKatSmack
13-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I like too

DrSilver
13-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Holden (Opel) Astra VXR does 0-100 in 6.2 secs

The Civic looks frugly....I saw one at the motorshow..not too impressed...

bourbon
13-03-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah im with silver on this one...dont like the new civic, actual fact dont like alot of the civics :p

Rupewrecht
13-03-2007, 02:29 PM
The Astra/VXR is fugly! Talk about a bucket of smashed crabs.

AstinaBoiV6
13-03-2007, 02:37 PM
^^ im with dan on this 1 ^^ besides think about after you put a mugen exhaust system on it and better air intake with tuned ecu and vtec controller.. the civic will be able to give turbos a run for their money.

Rupewrecht
13-03-2007, 02:42 PM
^besides think about after you put a mugen exhaust system on it and better air intake with tuned ecu and vtec controller.. the civic will be able to give turbos a run for their money.

And then do the same sort of things to the MPS/XR5/whatever and level the playing field again :p :p

Beckie
13-03-2007, 03:19 PM
The Astra/VXR is *****! Talk about a bucket of smashed crabs.

OMG!

I think the Astra/VXR is gorgeous!

then again, i like all astras :p More the shape that mine is...not the newer style. but still!

May i also note that I have been in VXR Make number 3...(1 and 2 were demos)... and it handles quite nicely. it's a beautiful car...really it is.

bourbon
13-03-2007, 03:47 PM
wahhh there all ugly apart from meeeee! haha :D

DrSilver
13-03-2007, 03:50 PM
The 07 astra coupe is a MUCH better looking car than the civic hatch! or the mazda3...
I have test driven the astra sri turbo and hsv VXR..beautiful cars!

the civic looks like a freekin peugeot!!

Rupewrecht
13-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like the MPS - i've always thought the hatch looks like a mutated PT Cruiser.

But I still prefer the Focus or the Civic *if* i had to choose one.

pr1mo
13-03-2007, 03:59 PM
sif BA astinas arnt better than anything ever. thread locked.

DrSilver
13-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I used to like the focus until I went in one and experienced the extremely cheap plastic and crappy interior.

Beckie
13-03-2007, 04:13 PM
I used to like the focus until I went in one and experienced the extremely cheap plastic and crappy interior.

i really have never been much of a ford fan, but yes i agree.

I love the interior in the VXR....and its just such a classy looking car.

Astro Boy
13-03-2007, 04:27 PM
dizzying 7800 rpm
***yawn***

Beckie
13-03-2007, 04:28 PM
***yawn***

'74 Honda Civic 8200rpm... '89 Lada Samara 8600rpm... and they were both naturally aspirated! ;)

i don't care :p

I still love the VXR :p

Mind you, i love my baby even more ;) She drove so well last night... mmm... i really do love my car. Give me her and i'll just do her up :p

Beckie
13-03-2007, 04:30 PM
wtf!!! Your post changed after i quoted it Greg!!!!!

Astro Boy
13-03-2007, 04:31 PM
oh, the Naturally aspirated crack wasn't specific at the VXR, just any car that runs EFI! :p

Rupewrecht
13-03-2007, 04:33 PM
'74 Honda Civic 8200rpm... '89 Lada Samara 8600rpm... and they were both naturally aspirated! ;)

Yes Greggles, but even i would rather listen to the sound of Vtec than the sound of a Russian tractor :p;)

DrSilver
13-03-2007, 04:40 PM
yeh..gota rev the sh*t outa the civic to get it going...lol

Astro Boy
13-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Yes Greggles, but even i would rather listen to the sound of Vtec than the sound of a Russian tractor :p;)
Not this one! This will be the horniest sounding russian tractor ever! ;)
Russian
Yeah, well it certainly doesn't deserve a capital letter!!!

Rupewrecht
13-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, well it certainly doesn't deserve a capital letter!!!

LMAO!

i had a run-in with another rally Lada recently - a mate has a VW farm and sitting in one corner on the paddock is an apparently ex-works Niva!

MitchEG
13-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I dont see what all the hype is about, its not particularly groundbreaking... an existing honda engine (albeit a great one) brought forward into a new model with a chassis less advanced than the outgoing car (Integra/EP civic) for the same money...or more maybe.

All that being said, it would be high up on my list if i had the 40-45k it will surely cost.

89sp1.8
13-03-2007, 10:06 PM
yeah im not big fan of hondas..actually i really dislike them...but thats me

AstinaBoiV6
14-03-2007, 12:47 AM
actually the cost will be between $34,000- $38,000 tops

because honda wont want to price it the same as the integra but as most models including the typeS/R integra compared to standard its about 7-10k more

Mr Akimoto
14-03-2007, 12:52 AM
The engine might be fantastic, but the looks are........... CRAP..........:eek:

skitz
14-03-2007, 09:53 AM
I quite like the look of the 3dr hatch (and the 5dr for that matter). Certainly better than that abortion of a thing they call the sedan

lol or the hardtop :P jokes soz just picking lol

nah no offence i really dont like this shell. and yeah i would way prefer the hsv astra turbo 3door hatch ova it. gotta remember it aint all about power its about looks and comfort tooo thats why we drive astinas lol they look sexy :P
OMG!

I think the Astra/VXR is gorgeous!

i agree

not a fan of the XR5 turbo looks tooo cheap and nasty inside

MitchEG
14-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I would be surprised if they could do it for less than 40k, seeing as its coming from Britain. And when the integra dies soon, this will be the replacement.

AstinaBoiV6
16-03-2007, 10:38 AM
actually the integra is due for a replacement soon.. and there is a accord euro coming out too.. sorta looks simmilar but different style.

Astro Boy
16-03-2007, 11:42 AM
The engine might be fantastic, but the looks are........... CRAP..........:eek:
Always has been, always will be... Hondas: Fantastic Engines let down by **** chassis'...

My '76 Honda Civic happily sat at between 8000-9000 all day long (and unlike the lada) actually had tourque up there... one piece lower assemblies mean that honda's have very little engine and bearing flex... Pitty the suspesion geometry was so antiquated...

Fast foward 30yrs... S2000, probably one of (if not the) best engine/gearbox combo ever, let down by a chassis so crap it gets beaten by an MX-5 at a third the price... Sorry, but motorcyle specific output doesn't justify that kinda of price tag...

As for the integra/civic... meh, just another pair of generic FWDs... Give me a DeTomaso Charade over those anyday!!! ;)

bourbon
16-03-2007, 11:59 AM
you wanna know what is even more "excitement in the pants" is ZUPPS bringing in the H3 Hummers :D YUMYUM YUM...hummer here i come...ill drive to melbourne to pick one up when i get a new job :D