PDA

View Full Version : Can u fit a 2.3l supercharged in a BA

RedLineResident
22-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Just got a questoin which has been going around my head for a while now. Is it possible to fit the 2.3L V6 supercharged out of the Eunos 800 into the engine bay of a BA?

I got a BA hardtop with a V6 currently but am curious if this conversion is possible and how much messin around is involved. If anyone nos id appreciate any kind of input or advice.

Cheers
RedLineResident

RedLineResident
22-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Also, its a bit off topic but ive noticed awesom AstinaGT stickers on some of ur rides. How would i go about getting one on mine. It would look great.

BigBoyLemonade
22-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't bother, I own a 800M, it is very heavy and a KLZE would be a much better performance engine. The engineering to get the KJ 2.3L supercharged engine running with all the sensors is a lot of work for not enough gain.

Clarky_BA
01-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Do a search or ask Rupe about the Astina GT stickers, he has a few posts about them.

Clarky.

Cincinnatus
01-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi bud, sorry to hijack your thread, but if you want a KL-ZE, i've got one that i'm selling for $800, which works out to be Half what i paid for it. I can ship it there for about $140. Let me know. Only 200Hp, but kicks sh*t outa the 130 you've got now.

RedLineResident
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Dude im running that engine in mine now. Its an import therefore I got a brainier ECU and a slightly better intake manifold. i no what you mean by it having a bit of kick.

chicaboo
07-05-2007, 07:19 PM
If your car is an import (Lantis Type R?), don't you have a KF-ZE (2.0V6)? Whereas the KL-ZE Cinncinatus referes to is a 2.5V6...

Gav.

Cincinnatus
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
engines goneskis anyway. outa curiosity, just how many horses do u want to run through your front wheels???

skitz
07-05-2007, 07:26 PM
engines goneskis anyway. outa curiosity, just how many horses do u want to run through your front wheels???

hahahaha as many as i can cram in there ow wait that question wasnt for me :P hahahahahaha

anyway who said the astina was restricted to being a FWD only :P with money and time anythink is possiable hahahahahaha if the owner likes the shell why not make it a performance moster :P

RedLineResident
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah I got the 2.0V6 but I got a spare 2.5V6 laying around out of dad's old 626. I had it looked it and ive been told that it won't fit without a lot of massing around so i left it. The idea of the 2.3 supercharged intreaged me so i was simply curious.

Cincinnatus
08-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Well not much point putting in that 2.5 out of a 626, they are only about 10% more powerful. The one i offered you for $800, is a jump from 104kw to 148kw. Doesn't matter, sold it on ebay for $1225.

And it fitsin quiet easily if you have a hard top. The messing around is customising the throttle cable holder. Maybe an ecu and exahust and air intake when u can spare the dosh. But not needed to make it run.

Cosmo Dude
08-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah I got the 2.0V6 but I got a spare 2.5V6 laying around out of dad's old 626. I had it looked it and ive been told that it won't fit without a lot of massing around so i left it. The idea of the 2.3 supercharged intreaged me so i was simply curious.

If the conversion is unknown to whoever you asked then they would say that it's a lot of messing around. Most of it is straight forward and if you keep the KF (2.0 litre) inlet manifold and distributer then it's almost a no brainer.

BTW the KL-DE has a lot more torque than the KF-DE which makes the free engine exchange well worth the trouble.

RedLineResident
11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
So is it a straigt bolt in or will I have to play around with the mounts to get it in? That's what I thought would be the messy part. i don't particularly wanna get new ECU etc but more importantly i really don't wanna have to do altrations to the engine bay and change all the mounts over on a car that runs fine as it is.

Rupewrecht
11-05-2007, 03:19 PM
There is a thread about the 2.0->2.5 conversion stickied in this section

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7406

Aaron
11-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Bolt in with some careful attention to manifold swaps between the two. You'll get more torque and a little more power. But you can apparently wake up these motors with basic mods like headers and exhaust etc as well.

If you've got enought wrench spinnign smarts to do basic work and patience/tools do it...

A.