PDA

View Full Version : Ecotek CB-26P

Harry
21-07-2003, 10:51 PM
I am curious on people impressions on the Ecotek CB-26P (www.ecotekplc.com).

Anyone heard good or bad. Anyone installed one? Anyone got some dynos after fitting one?

I have only been able to find positive info on them.

Andrew

azaudio
22-07-2003, 03:21 AM
Dont know if this is any help to u Harry but I see 323f.net mentions using the ecotek valve on the mazda astina 8)

BigMal
23-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Interesting article.
I always thought the Ecoteck Valve was just an adjustable fuel
pressure regulator but obviously it isnt unless they have a couple
of products. Best to ask the 323F.net guys for results as haven't
seen anything like that down here. Only negative I would throw
at it was that if it really could decrease bad emissions by 30% every
greeny group would be pushing for them to be fitted to cars and
it would be introduced by car manufacturers on their eco-friendly
dual powered cars to help capture that market.

regards

Mal

Harry
23-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Can I ask (and please excuse my ignorance here :-)) who are the 323F.net guys?

And by the by, I had a mate in the UK a few weeks ago, so I got him to pick one up with the extra silencer. I have the car in for a service today and thought I would get them to fit it while it was in. I am going to book the car in for Dyno in the next few weeks to see if it makes any difference there.

I will let everyone know how it performs in the next few weeks.

Andrew

azaudio
24-07-2003, 01:41 AM
Yea thx it will be interesting to see what the results are like

globalautomotive
29-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Hi there,

You know what guys I got one sent over for testing purposes and I have to say Im impressed.

I have it installed on a Suzuki Baleno with no mods at all. First thing you will notice is that the car just feels sooo much smoother to drive. It seems to iron out the power delivery. Power increase is marginal, nothing outstanding although noticable indeed. But i don't think i would buy this for power, i would buy this for improved vehicle drivability, and for fuel economy.

We all know that in the combustion reaction, hydrocarbons in fuel are added to a compressed cylinder/rotor with air and spark. The reaction breaks the hydrocarbons into the by-products that are your exhaust emmissions. A cleaner burn means that more of the hydrocarbons are broken down. A perfect combustion reaction will product CO2 and H2O, although this is never going to happen in a conventional combusion engine, the closer we get to it the better our emissions and the greater our power gains.. We utilise more of the energy stored in fuel.. it makes sense.

Essentially it supplies the engine air that is lost through restrictions in the intake system. It also pulses air at certain revs to create a vortex motion in the throttle bodies essentially aiding the flow of air (i suggest that this is not a major contributor to that power gain). The fact that it is giving you the additional air is whats providing the benefits. It does make a noise when you come off the accelerator.. nothing to get excited over though (BOValve). Its not that bad, and the silencer they provide does shut it up well.

Fuel economy was alot better. The car was already a 450km/tank, but with the unit we are up to the 570-600km/tank in city and hwy driving respectively.

Some food for thought anyway.

Regards,

Harry
29-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Adam,

I have to say, so far I agree with you. I have found very little power increase. What I have found on my 12/01 SP20 is:
1. the really rough first gear is nice and smooth now
2. Gear change point has moved up a few hundred revs
3. I am only 1 1/4 of a tank into my 1st fuel tank but I am look at going from 400-450kms per tank to 450-500kms per tank.

One thing to note is that I only notice the valve noise when I throttle off:-?

Is that normal? (Excuse my dumbness here but I am a computer programmer not a mechanic:-))

Andrew

globalautomotive
30-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Andrew,

Hearing that noise ONLY when you come off throttle essentially means that this product is tuned properly.

I think you will be happy with it..

Look they have been on my case for ages to distribute for them, although when i test i try to do it for about 6 months. This way you see long term issues and you don't decide on impulse that a product is a winner.

The fact that when Barclay sent the sample down it had a text book of publicity from magazine after magazine saying.. 'impressive this and and excellent that,' i have to say prompted my interest. i gave it a good read, and i can honestly say that everyone of them claimed success with it. Good write up's are hard to get. Especially with products like this.

Who did you buy it from?

Harry
30-07-2003, 11:32 AM
I bought it straight from Ecotek.

I have to be honest, the purchase was a business pne to start with. We have a marketing fim where I work who deal with the Motor industry and I was interested in this product. At the moment I am not 100% sure I could get someone there to invest in it, but if you are interested then PM me and we can see what can be done.

Andrew

globalautomotive
30-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Andrew,

Thanks for the contact offer mate. I got my sample from them directly also.

When I was in U.K. last about this time last year i actually inadvertently met Barclay the owner of Ecotek. He was visiting the same reseller as me. He briefly explained what he was doing and i when i arrived home i kept in contact. Really smart business man actually. A product like this is difficult to market correctly. He found the right marketing mix.

Harry
30-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Do I take it that you have a Dyno at Global Automotive?

Where are you located?

Andrew

globalautomotive
31-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Harry,

No mate, we are just a distribution company. We are located in Deer Park in VIC.

Regards,
Adam

Harry
31-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Adam,

NP. Was a thought.

On a side issue, how is the Ecotek going to interactwith/affect an FSE BV?

Andrew

globalautomotive
01-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Andrew,

Untested as yet but the result cannot be anything but advantagous. Anything that provides more air will benefit the FSE PBV, and the overall power gains.

Regards,
Adam

ezin
01-08-2003, 05:26 PM
What the hell is this new valve adam? its got me wondering how it smooths out the combustion & how it increases the RPM on an EFI engine!
Is it like a secondary ISC or something??

Harry
01-08-2003, 06:39 PM
This is the best explaination I found which is what tempted me to try one.

http://www.ecotekplc.com/technical.htm#tech

The more I use it, the more I am liking it. MUCH smoother ride, I found 1st gear in the SP20 to be rough as, it is now very smooth. It is also a lot more reliable pulling up hill.

ohh and the fule economy keeps getting better.

Andrew

Toyboy
01-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Just a question to Adam,
What are these Eco-tek CB-26p devices worth to buy in Aus?

ezin
01-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the web link harry!

My sp runs smooth as and gets about 550-600km to a tank and i boot the crap out of it! The mod is pretty basic! i supose thats why its good!

The things i question about it!

(swirl combustion! new cars use tumble ports that are better than swirl i thought! The swirl effect makes small fuel droplets stick to the wall of the cylinder! or because of the extra air the valve lets in and more turbulance this doesnt happen im not sure) This is why i steered clear of that hiclone thing!

(new car ecu's work dam fast, would the long term fuel trim compensate or does the ecu get to the edge of its perameters and then go lean?) This maybe the reason the car just keeps getting better!

(Not up for that valve sound, they could have put a rubber stop on it + a silencer)

I would say Adam,U may have had similar thoughts so u may be able to give me a second opinion!

Cheers Guys!!! :)

globalautomotive
02-08-2003, 06:19 PM
ToyBoy, in A$ it would be around the $150 mark i would think.

My question to you all is...
Q. Do you feel that this product would this do well in Australia, and could you personally justify the cost/benefit of this product.

When considering your answer, assume that everything you have heard about this product is true. Therefore your car would gain a small amount of power, it would have alot smoother power delivery and be more responsive, it would save you decently on petrol, and you would be doing your little part for the environment by significantly improving the quality of exhaust emmissions.

Ezin, yeah i wouldn't pay too much attention to swirl effect. The benefits are derived from the vibration/aggitation of the intake air and just the fact that air loss potential is being compensated for.

In normal engine intake systems, alot of potential is lost through poor air supply issues at particular points of the rev range. Things like the air filter, air flow meter, bends, heat, etc etc.. These obviously all effect the success of the combustion reaction.

ECU adaptation.
A closed loop system will not compensate for this air altering product. Idle is where an ECU takes it's reading and makes its adjustments. At idle this product is not operating.

Regards,
Adam

Toyboy
02-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks again Adam,your information is very appriciated :wink:

ezin
02-08-2003, 06:48 PM
MMM! The product should do well if marketed properly! + it would need to be cheap! Cause it doesnt provide much power, it just smooths out power deliverly! Not up for the additional sound though! Whatz the going price! i will keep one eye open on this product! :wink:

Cosmo Dude
02-08-2003, 06:54 PM
ECU adaptation.
A closed loop system will not compensate for this air altering product. Idle is where an ECU takes it's reading and makes its adjustments. At idle this product is not operating.

Regards,
Adam

Closed loop takes its readings all the time and updates continuasly. As you know the O2 sensor is not up to temp at idle.

I don't have enough info to evaluate this product, it is obvious you don't sell it :(

Rod

ezin
02-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Yes i agree with that aswell Rod!!

I would like 2 see test results! :?:

brc
07-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Howzit everyone,

I stumbled onto this thread by mistake. Let me introduce myself: My name is Bryan and I run BRC Developments and I import the Ecotek valves and other products directly from Ecotek under sole agency.

The products do work very well. On a dyno you won't see any differences in the car as there is no vacuum in the manifold under wide open throttle. In terms of performance, the valve can reduce your 0-100 time by up to a second simply by increasing your throttle response.

Our website will be up shortly and it will be www.ecotek.co.za We will also have an online shop for it. Our products are also advertised on www.maxmyride.co.za.

The valve is currently on special for R700 inclding VAT and postage if necessary. At the end of September they will go back to the normal price of R970.00 We also have the Piper-X filters for them at R300. They are easy to fit and we will help out wherever possible.

You can email me directly on bryan@ecotek.co.za