PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening with SP20 Headers.

TDK
23-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know whats happening with the Pacemaker headers for the SP20. adelaidesp20 said that he would have his final headers installed on the 9th of this month, but he hasn't said anything yet.

I called Pacemaker Headers in Adelaide, and the person said that they didn't have any and they didn't know if they were even looking at them.

adelaidesp20
03-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Hi TDK,

Sorry for the wait, I dropped my car off at Pace Maker Headers (MIKE RICHTER) as scheduled on the 9th. He has made most of the jig, when i say most of the jig, he forgot to order one part (I cant remember what it was but it had something to do with returning burnt gases back into the pipe after it had been tested or something), and anyway, I got the car back 2 days later with a new booking. Myself, I have only got back from work away from Adelaide yesterday and now have to bring the car back to Mike to fit the part mentioned above, hopefully this coming Friday.
As soon as this has been done orders will start to be put together.
I don't know who you were talking to a pace but, they certainly should be kicked around the head a few times. Next time ask for Mike Richter as he is the R&D guru.
Oh by the way, estimated price will be around the same for current Lancer setup as the work involved is about the same. Not sure what they are going for at the moment.
One last thing, it seems there is a lot of interest as Mike mentioned that as soon as it is done there is already 3 orders from both Sydney and Melbourne dealers wanting the headers for customers.
I also promised to send through to some of you an email of cone technology but just haven't gotten around to this because of work, and this weekend it wont happen as I am paving the back yard and also have an assignment to complete that was due last Friday. DOH!
Claude

TDK
03-08-2003, 11:45 PM
No worries Claude, I thought you would of been tied up to not post anything. But thats great news on the developments. Please keep us posted. Also, good luck with finalising your setup.

Bora

Critter
06-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Since the "time is approaching", is there a website or something with a Pacemaker Sydney/NSW dealer list?

Harry
08-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Just thought I would ask, but what sort of affects are there on warranty with the replaced headers?

I assume from conversations I have had with other people, that the factory warranty will be voided, but is anyone else going to be providing a replacement?

Andrew

kar10w
11-08-2003, 07:38 AM
hey guys. thought i'd share what i found out on weekend regarding headers and a full exhaust system. liverpool exhaust quoted me $1250 for hurricane headers, stainless steel hi-flow cat and cannon muffler/tip, 2.25 all the way through, rest of the piping in mild steel all mandrel bent.

apparently he installed the same system for a girl's sp20 and the car got an increase of at least 10kw.

i was very tempted to book it in, BUT called up Hi-Tech headers in Lewisham, Sydney. The boss there told me that they are waiting on Pacemaker (obviously in Adelaide - 15000kms driven and no problem with engine; checked by mazda apparently) before getting the headers in. Hi-Tech have 5 sp20s on a waiting list not including me (close to though). He quoted me $1600 for a the pacemaker headers, stainless steel all the way through, mandrel bent, hi-flow cat and any muffler/tip. he said 4-5 weeks now.

was wondering if any of you guys have got the hurricane headers and exhaust system from liverpool exhaust OR is on the waiting list at Hi-Tech?

lastly, i've only had my sp20 for 6 months now, would getting headers and the full exhaust void my ENTIRE warranty? thanks :).

Harry
11-08-2003, 07:47 AM
I wrote somewhere else that I had spoken to a guy that has had his SR2 Laser done. This guy worked for a dealership and said that changes to anything before the exhaust voided warranty.

I have personally spoken to the Dealership that I bought my SP20 from and they palmed me off to Mazda Australia, who have yet to give me a straight answer.

Andrew

kar10w
11-08-2003, 10:30 AM
just to add to my previous post, i'm looking to get a CAI intake soon. any thought on having better air throughput from front to back ie CAI and the headers and full exhaust?

thanks again.

Critter
11-08-2003, 09:09 PM
A good supply of cold air in and clean flow of air out has to be the way to go for good performance. :)