PDA

View Full Version : Et35 Ok?

phly
19-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey guys,

Ive been a long time reader of this forum and its come to the time to make my first post :D

I bought myself a 97 BA Astina Hatchback a couple months back and finally have cash to get some rims :cool:

My question is: Will 17x7 rims with 205/40/17 tyres with ET35 cause any problems like guard rubbing etc? Ive read from many posts in this section that the optimal offset should be between 40 and 45. In the near future I plan to lower it an inch or two as well. I used the wheel offset calculator and it says itll extend the outer edge of the wheels by 29mm and im thinking it might rub the guards :confused:

Any advice is welcome :)

- Phil

DaiLoS323F
20-04-2007, 12:43 AM
My BA have's a 205/40/17 et37, -40mm springs, 13mm wheel spacers en rear wheels and 5mm wheel spacers in front wheels. Only I had problems in rear wheel, that was hitting in guard rubbing, had to double it and already it doesn't hit. The car has 1520mm of Rear Track, it's very very nice :D

Rupewrecht
20-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the forums :)

You will occasionally rub, but it depends if/how much camber you're running, and it'll only be the rear you have an occasional issue (like then your car is full of people). Also depends on how still your spring/shock combination is.

And spacers are illegal in Aus unless welded to hub or wheel...so no go there.

i run +37 (with a fair bit of camber) with no issues except when a full car (but my suspension is pretty stiff) so 2mm isn't going to be much worse. You could always get the rear guard edges rolled.