PDA

View Full Version : BJ1 front strut bar

faz323
24-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm looking to stiffen my car up a little.
Anyone know of a site/company that has some that would fit the BJ1 1.6L astina. Is it same strut as the sp20?

Thanx.

chicaboo
25-04-2007, 02:02 AM
www.whiteline.com.au
Front strutbrace - KSB622
Rear swaybar - BFR52

Gav.

Astro Boy
25-04-2007, 08:37 AM
If Pedders do it, they'll be cheaper than whiteline, for what is an identically product. Today's a PH, I'll look into it tomorrow! ;)

chicaboo
25-04-2007, 10:33 AM
The ring clamps that hold down the strutbrace on the Pedders product WILL be better! :D Although you may have to go with the Whiteline rear swaybar, and you may also need the WD040 jambstops to prevent the swaybar becoming a swervebar. :p

Gav.

faz323
25-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Haha. Cheers guys.
My friend got one for his M6 pretty cheap from japan but i havent been able to find one for my car.
I've got 1inch lowered king springs which helps quite a bit. But after being in a stock sp20 the other day and noticing how much stiffer they are it convinced me on the spot to upgrade with some strut bars!

chicaboo
25-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Bro, have a look at the swaybar on your friends MX6 and see if he minds you test fitting it, because if his MX6 is a GE model (the newer V6 type), I'm convinced that his will fit straight on your car!!!

Something to think about,
Gav.

faz323
25-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Bro, have a look at the swaybar on your friends MX6 and see if he minds you test fitting it, because if his MX6 is a GE model (the newer V6 type), I'm convinced that his will fit straight on your car!!!

Something to think about,
Gav.

Unfortunately i dont mean a MX6 i mean Mazda 6. His one def wouldnt fit!!! I could scab the one out of my friends sp20 though...

chicaboo
25-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Ahhh, well you in the poos then. But there are heaps of aftermarket strutbraces a billion times better than Whiteline can do available for the MX6, so it might be something for you to look into I spose. The SP20 strutbrace is easy to fit, but it's quite soft as far as strutbraces go...

If you have a look at www.corksport.com there are also lower tie-braces for the rear of the front suspension. The BJI and 1.6s didn't come with the tie-brace from factory, so the the GT-Spec from Corksport might help things out a fair bit too...

Gav.

Gav.