PDA

View Full Version : more window rattles...

tim
31-07-2003, 02:24 PM
after we decided that everyones electric windows rattle when partly down i have now discovered a bigger problem with mine..

they rattle when completely up!! yup, windows closed and the drivers one rattles, right in my ear :evil:

any solutions for fixing? anyone happen to know a price on new window rubbers?

Rupewrecht
31-07-2003, 02:36 PM
i'd say that it's not the window rubber that are worn, but the actual guides inside your door, as they've gone up and down many many times!

it could be as simple as tightening a few things inside the door, but it could mean you need a setup inside!

tim
31-07-2003, 04:15 PM
thats another thing i was thinking about (but forgetting to write about :roll: )

is there a way to tighten the window guides inside the door? or do they just wear and you have to live with it?

another thing i was thinking is that if i take to door apart to tighten it i might end up making more rattles, this time from the door skin itself :wink:

Cosmo Dude
31-07-2003, 07:04 PM
The windows can be adjusted inward, I have the service manual for the BA if it will help.

Rod

tim
05-08-2003, 11:58 AM
The windows can be adjusted inward, I have the service manual for the BA if it will help.

Rod

any chance of a scan of the page(s) that show how to do this? :D

ezin
05-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Just pull the trim off & put grease in the Reg Rails! + do a general check that everything is tight (test by gently banging on the door with the palm of your hand to hear where the rattle is comming from) it may be just a loose screw! seen that a bit on a lot of car doors! Good luck!

Cosmo Dude
05-08-2003, 06:40 PM
any chance of a scan of the page(s) that show how to do this? :D
I'll see what I can do. Remember small adjustments, too tight and the motor will probaly die a stress related injury.

Rod

tim
06-08-2003, 10:25 AM
the original reason i thought it was the rubbers was because the noise 'seems' to come from the top rear corner of the drivers window, ie right next to my ear :x

it can be 'fixed' by putting the window down about 1 inch. it seems like the rubber is tight on the glass there, but loose when the window is up..

another way i can fix it is by having the window right down with the heater turned up and flat out :wink: