PDA

View Full Version : Wiring the Centre Speaker

ABC
01-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi guys, I replaced my head unit last night and all went to plan until I remembered that there was a centre speaker in the dashboard and I didn't know what to run it off.

Any ideas? I know Dave has mentioned something somewhere about the centre speaker running off the front two but don't know how.

BigBoyLemonade
01-08-2003, 02:59 PM
I thought that was for beeps?? is that audio :?

Dogo
01-08-2003, 03:02 PM
in the BA astina, the centre speaker is powered by the 'Centre Speaker Amplifier' which sits in the centre console under the stereo. Actually i kinda hangs down just above the ecu ( behind where the cig lighter is.

i think wires go in to the right side of it. havnt looked, so im not sure.

anyway. from what i understand , the speaker wires run out from the head unit, (splits?) to the centre spkr amp, and then out to the doors.

So as long as u run the speaker wire into the new HU as it was before, then the original connection to the centre amp should still be in place, and things should be fine. Im not 100% sure abt power/remote to that amp but its in the book so i can look it up if u want.

i do have the diagrams but not online yet ... will do soon. as well as the rest of requested ones.

Dave