PDA

View Full Version : to keep or not 2 keep the 323

Greekos
14-05-2007, 09:23 PM
hey i was wondering wat all u astinaholics reckon i should do with my car
the history I've had this car for about 2 years spent about $3000 on clutch, axles, replacing body kits <rear enders>, re-wiring, air con. so this cars been through a lot. now the gear box n diff is on the way out.
i have a very car pro family in other words lots of clubsports, skylines, Silvia's and the few worked v8's in the past. should i sell the car n buy something new , or keep it and mod so it could keep up or beat any of the above cars.

bourbon
14-05-2007, 09:29 PM
keep it...make a skyline/silvia and V8 crusher :D

skitz
14-05-2007, 11:34 PM
totally agree with bourbs:P hahaha all the way and the look on there faces will make it more than worth it ;) ;)

Rupewrecht
14-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Haha like you're going to get an unbiased answer on here. ;)

Aaron
14-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Mate, you'll spend the same cash (or more) on any of the other cars you've listed just keepign them on the road. Sure the 323/Astina is a harder car to get street cred with, but it's still a great platform for fun and driving wise it's a lot better than people give credit.

If your hearts into the 323 keep it, if you want to fit in with a expected stereo type for your friends etc get a Dilvia or whatever becuase at the end of the day lifes too short and monies to expensive to be putting it into thingos you're not keen on ;)

A.

Sims
15-05-2007, 12:04 PM
I think you should buy an MX5 and drop in a BPT. Then you'll be able to out handle and out power the rest of your family

:D

Greekos
15-05-2007, 03:51 PM
thanks for the replys, i'v always wondered wat the look would be on my uncles face if the astina beat his r33 :D

skitz
15-05-2007, 04:56 PM
thanks for the replys, i'v always wondered wat the look would be on my uncles face if the astina beat his r33 :D

find out hahaha and it would still prob be cheaper than the r33 depending on what models he has so all round win :P

bourbon
15-05-2007, 05:54 PM
it would be way cheaper than any model R33...

89sp1.8
15-05-2007, 07:05 PM
the car is prob worth more to u then wat its worth in money..and always potential there...
but on other hand sometimes people like to start over fresh with new car n diffrent mods,and driving feel etc..

but yeah im more to the side of keeping it n go out n shock a few people;)
let us know wat u decide:)

Greekos
17-05-2007, 07:48 PM
hahaha you guys r the best, im prob undecided on the matter cause i love astina's yet they have have the one lacking item i need n thats rwd, thanks the replys

RedLineResident
18-05-2007, 03:02 PM
U like being sideways, dont ya? Just get a cheap gazelle or something for that. Even the 85 celicas are pretty good. Spend like a grand on that, weld the diff and bob's your uncle. But keep the astina coz it will be worth while in the end. Don't know what you're into but I always enjoy a good hill run from time to time and the astinas are brilliant for that.