PDA

View Full Version : Is the Mazda Familia/Astina front brake calapars different?

1qwik4
16-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I went to get an engineering cert today and the guy said that he needs info for the front calapars of the familia and astina if they are the same or not?

Rupewrecht
16-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Which model Astina?

GTX Familia and BA 1.8 brakes are the same, BA V6 are better.

BG? No idea.

dave0r
16-05-2007, 12:22 PM
BG Astina SP, GT are the same brakes as BG GTX V22/14's fronts
japspec 1800 DOCH fronts are also the same as GTX

1600 and 1500's are smaller discs with V22/13's and some have V18/13's

andym323
17-05-2007, 09:14 PM
If you swap to V6 brakes, you'll need to to do a hub swap as they're 5 studders :D

Rupewrecht
17-05-2007, 11:04 PM
If you swap to V6 brakes, you'll need to to do a hub swap as they're 5 studders :D

not true!

FEM
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
BG Astina SP, GT are the same brakes as BG GTX V22/14's fronts
japspec 1800 DOCH fronts are also the same as GTX

1600 and 1500's are smaller discs with V22/13's and some have V18/13's

:S. is there anything that bolts on the a BG SP? or something that goes on with minimal mods?

dan

Dutchy
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey tinastar,

the BG SP brakes are the same as the GTX brakes. They are pretty good brakes for the size of the astina. If u put some slotted rotors and good pads and of course some good fluid in there you would be very pleasantly surprised at the performance u will get from this setup....

But if u really want to upgrade the mazda familia GTR front setup apparantly really friggin bites hard!!! As far as i know it is a pretty direct swap, i think that u need to get the whole hub setups tho because the discs are bigger as are the calipers.... so yeah could be worth lookin into... just do ur research first cos im not sure if the GTR hubs have the same 30 spline driveshaft hole that ours has currently...

Good luck

Jeremy

FEM
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
ahah, you got a BG turbo too! what brakes you running Jeremy? The brakes i have now on my BG turbo are REALLY good when hot, as are most i guess. just wondering though. so, if i got front gtr rotors and calipers, would i have to do anything to fit them to the brackets that they bolt on to?

Anyone know if the hubs are the same on a GTR as BG SP?

Dutchy
10-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Yep i sure do... one thing a friend of mine with a 300+kW series 4 Rx7 told me was that if ur gonna have a turbo have turbo brakes!!! :D
ive always trusted this as good advice hehe.

i run DBA slotted rotors up front. and stock rotors on the back. I have Bendix ultimate pads all round, these dust a bit but thats the payoff for performance! god they stop good!!!
Fluidwise i just run PBR gold fluid... i do have some BF600 which is meant to be better but i havent put it in yet...

I have given these a few pretty bouts of spirited driving and they never cease to amaze. :D they a really good normally and then when ya give them a couple of good stomps and get them into that operating temperature range boy do they chop down!!

To answer ur question tho i do believe that if u want the gtr upgrade i think that means ur gonnna needa find ur self a set of GTR hubs too... but im not one hundred percent certain... i know a dude who did the upgrade on a tx3 which also has the same setup as the BG SP and the GTX. But he also put the rest of a GTR ABS system in tooo... boy did that brake!!

Hope that helps mate
Jeremy