PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter.

sik astina
05-08-2003, 08:13 AM
hello ppl :D

I changed my fuel filter yestd, pretty easy stuff. and just wondering how offen are u ment to change your fuel filter? i got told every 6 months.

anyone :?:

-Mick

Trav
05-08-2003, 08:16 AM
your service manual should tell you how often to change it, but apart from that i dunno...

would prolly also depend on where you fill up. some of the country service stations have some ****ty fuel (maybe because of older tanks). You there in the gong shouldn't have a prob with that - too much petrol rolls through that place ;) :P

sik astina
05-08-2003, 08:40 AM
lol,

ok. checked my book, it says every 30 months(2 1/2 years) or 50kms. which ever comes 1st.

thanks.

-Mick

mrpayner
05-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Hehe, i'm gonna have a dig here.....

I would think that the 2½ years would come first over driving just 50km's.... :lol:

Had to do it!

Adam

Rupewrecht
05-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Hehe, i'm gonna have a dig here.....

I would think that the 2½ years would come first over driving just 50km's.... :lol:

but then again, Sik does only drive the few feet out of his garage to wash his car...and thats all :P

sik astina
05-08-2003, 03:59 PM
LOL :lol:

ezin
05-08-2003, 04:41 PM
I change fuel filters in a lot of peoples cars at 50k and they are damm dirty! U guys would most likely put good fuel in ur car's so it may be a bit better but not always! ive seen fuel systems stuffed within 1 tank of fuel which would be bad if that was my car! I would recomend every 40k but thats just me!

Cosmo Dude
05-08-2003, 07:31 PM
When you feel the urge to remove the filter make sure that you drain the tank side into a white container to guage how much crap (can I say crap on this forum?) comes out, this should tell you how clean your filter was.
If the fuel is clean then put it back in and put the spare on the shelf for later, if it's not then do the swap over.

Rod

Sen-Dog
06-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Does anybody know where the fuel filter is located on the BJ/BJ2 models ? I've had a look and I can't find it :-(

sirex
06-08-2003, 08:13 PM
At a guess, from front on, it would be a black cyclinder attached to the firewall on the on the right hand side.

SehnKhan
06-08-2003, 08:26 PM
but then again, Sik does only drive the few feet out of his garage to wash his car...and thats all :P

Wooooahh, Boom Tish :lol:

ezin
06-08-2003, 08:36 PM
I think its in the tank sen! ive had a look 2! Under that black cover under the rear seats! a lot of new cars are in tank type systems now to save the pump a bit more!

Cosmo Dude
06-08-2003, 09:31 PM
I think its in the tank sen! ive had a look 2! Under that black cover under the rear seats! a lot of new cars are in tank type systems now to save the pump a bit more!
My o'll Cosmo has the filter next to the pump, under the spare (accesable from bellow the car. Kinda hard to explain?

Rod

Sen-Dog
06-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Damn ... me and my mechanic spent 15 minutes lookin for the fuel filter, and he looked at that black cylinder in the engine bay and ruled that out, and I can't see anything in the spare tyre wheel well ... I'm guessing its the thing under the rear passenger seat?

I'll try opening that up tomorrow, but from what I saw, there seems to be some wires running into it, maybe its the fuel pump? or is that somewhere else?

*confused*

Toyboy
06-08-2003, 11:21 PM
It should be in the engine bay,a bit further left(when standing in front of the car) from the carbon canister :)
Its either a goldy colour or black :wink: