PDA

View Full Version : KLZE Engine Swap... I'm actually going to do it!!!

LantisV6 NZ
07-08-2003, 09:44 AM
8)

Well after months of working out the finer details and doing as much research as possible I'm finally going to do a KLZE engine swap in my lil old lantis...

I've already got the ECU and the engine will be next on the list as soon as my loan is approved!

I'll make sure I take lots of pictures and write up a "how to" for all other V6 owners who want a 2.5 BEAST...

Keep an eye on this post for all the stupid things I do and need advice on!

Does anyone have a V6 Users Manual in PDF or similar format? Its not vital, but would be helpful!!

:D

BigBoyLemonade
07-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Excellent news bro! Check your pm

Rupewrecht
07-08-2003, 10:04 AM
sweeet!

we want full documentation! :D

ABC
07-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Yes Yes Yes!!
Pictures, full documentation - the lot! gimme gimme gimme!!! 8) 8)

Oh, good luck by the way! :D

Dogo
07-08-2003, 11:41 AM
i dont have the users manual , but i do have the KL series workshop manual with full breakdown of the engine, pulling it apart, putting it together etc. maybe that would be useful to u.

i'll see what i can do ...

LantisV6 NZ
07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
i dont have the users manual , but i do have the KL series workshop manual with full breakdown of the engine, pulling it apart, putting it together etc. maybe that would be useful to u.

i'll see what i can do ...

That would be AWESOME!!! Even just a diagram of the engine layout with some indication of what goes where would be fantastic!

Hopefully this is the start of a lot more KL-ZE Lantis/Astina's!

LOW 626
07-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Good on ya man! :D

Good to see someone taking this route, enjoy the extra 50kw :shock: :shock:

just a pointer the ze manifold wont fit under the lantis bonnet, you either gotta use your one which will lose you a few kw or get a bump in the bonnet installed like on the crx's, i'd go for option 2!

BigBoyLemonade
07-08-2003, 06:34 PM
get something like the new XR8's that would look really nice!

LantisV6 NZ
07-08-2003, 09:09 PM
What sort of cost/labour would be involved in doing the 'bump'?

Dogo
08-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Dogo hands u a mallet :wink:

not a problem, i'll see what i can get for you from my books ...

ABC
08-08-2003, 09:54 AM
been dreaming about this myself!

can anyone say fibreglass or carbonfibre bonnet 8)

Rupewrecht
08-08-2003, 10:32 AM
CF would be the way to go. You may need to get 10 or so people to make it worthwhile (for a company to do), but i'm sure you'd find the interest here

otherwise just get it done in metal and get it welded into your bonnet. much less prone to cracking (the bog/filler where the fbg/whatever is joined) as it's all once piece and the fway the bonnet flexes wont afffect it nearly as much

my .02 cents :)

mrpayner
08-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Or later on when you want to add a blower to it, go the hemi option with the sucker sticking out the top of the bonnet! :lol: :lol:

Heh heh..

Adam

Sandyman
08-08-2003, 08:40 PM
great news mate! :D . BLOODY EXCELLENT! the klze is the japspec, is it not :? ? anyway, tip top. I am hoping to do something like this when i get out of school and get a bit of cash (about 10 years prob) :cry: .

Cosmo Dude
08-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Or later on when you want to add a blower to it, go the hemi option with the sucker sticking out the top of the bonnet! :lol: :lol:

Heh heh..

Adam

Mmmm,
An 'L' shaped bug catcher? I'd almost pay to see that :lol:

Rod

CRA23
09-08-2003, 07:18 PM
GO MATE... ive been thinking about the conversion my self, ive been talkin to the guy that owns a mazda wrecker up here and he says its potent conversion... :D