PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable BG Shockers and Struts???

Dutchy
15-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey Team,

Ok ive been scouring the suspension and wheels forum to no end trying to find some information and ive havehad no luck!!! :( I have also tried many suspension sites (Koni, KYB, Tien, Gmax...) and none seem to have what i want.

i am about to do a suspension upgrade. I have a 93 BG Astina. i already have the springs to go into it (Kings Low, for front and back). What i need, or at least would really like, is to get some shocks and struts (or inserts) that are adjustable! :eek: for example the KYB AGX (http://www.kyb.com.au/performance.htm) ones...
I really like the dial to adjust with on these its so simple and easy to tune. problem is they dont do these for the BG as far as i can tell.

so my question is: does anyone know of any manufacturers that make adjustable shocks/struts/inserts like this for the BG? Or can some be modified to suit?

Part numbers would be awesome.. Project.r and astroboy: u guys are in the know! is there any that u know of? cos i must be missing something here... haha

Thanx in advance

Cheers
Jeremy

Rupewrecht
15-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I've posted up a few BG adjustables before. Some of the JDM KYBs (and a couple of other brands that escape me atm) do damper adjustment.

But shouldn't anything that fits a BG GTX fit the BG Astina? As you'll still be using the same strut tops, so it's only the mounting bolt pattern at the bottom that's the issues...and i think they're the same anyway. The point being that there's more options for the GTX etc available.

I'll have a look on the auctions and see what i can find, if you want.

Astro Boy
16-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Koni Yellow Adjustable Inserts, same as what Outbakoz put in his BA...

Fronts $265 each, Rears $235 each.

FEM
16-07-2007, 09:57 PM
what are better than kings that fit on a 91 BG? FWD that is.

thanks guys,

dan

Dutchy
16-07-2007, 10:23 PM
hey rupe that sounds like it would be the go.. i didnt even think to look there!!!?? If u could check it out for me that would be sweet i will have to have a better look into what is available for the gtx insert wise...
i saw the latest set of BG AWD coilovers that went... but i know the strut tops for them are different.. tho i wonder if i could modifiy the top to fit mine? $730 would be within my budget even if i had to modify them more...

Koni Yellow Adjustable Inserts, same as what Outbakoz put in his BA...

Fronts $265 each, Rears $235 each.

astro boy: do u know whether koni make these for the BG Astina... i have seen the latest koni book and i didnt see a lising for it?? :confused:

Cheers guys
this is helping immensely

Jeremy

Astro Boy
18-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes, that was to suit the BG...

bourbon
18-07-2007, 09:16 AM
BG familia and astina run the same struts apart from the tops ;)

project.r.racing
18-07-2007, 10:05 AM
what are better than kings that fit on a 91 BG? FWD that is.

thanks guys,

dananything is better than kings!!!

Rupewrecht
18-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Ok, have done a bit of research, and KYB JDM make 2 models for the BG - the New SR Special and the Super Street (but only the NewSR specifically for Astina)

New SR Special:
http://www.kybclub.com/kybclubhtm/Type-a.shtml
Bound +125%, Rebound +115% (compared to stock being 100%)

Part number for BG Astina:
Front: NST5082R/NST5082L
Rear: NST5052R/NST5052L

Super Street:
http://www.kybclub.com/kybclubhtm/Type-b.shtml
4 step adjustable
Bound +150%, Rebound +135% (compared to stock being 100%)

Part number for BG FAMILIA:
Front: SST5051R/SST5051L
Rear: SST5052R/SST5052L

According to the KYB site, a full set of New SRs for Astina is 81,060yen/AUD$760
And the SS for Familia are 116,760yen/AUD$1093 a set.

Maybe Astro can get them in now that he has part numbers?

Dutchy
18-07-2007, 11:17 PM
dan u truly are a man of much wisdom! haha ;)

is that 150% figure on the 4 step adjustables, what it would be if adjusted to full hardness?

Astro: would it then be possible to get these? and would that be at the same price or do u get some sort of sweet parts retailer discount??

Cheers guys thanks again for doin all my dirty work.

Jeremy

bourbon
19-07-2007, 07:09 AM
i wish greg could of found these while i was looking :(

Rupewrecht
19-07-2007, 08:33 AM
dan u truly are a man of much wisdom! haha ;)

is that 150% figure on the 4 step adjustables, what it would be if adjusted to full hardness?
Jeremy

150% if adjusted to full hardness. Range was 100% -> 150% for fronts, and 100 -> 135% for rears

Dutchy
19-07-2007, 09:56 PM
HECK YES!!! :D im excited now!!

That would be perfect! and u reckon that those would fit right on if i changed thge strut tops over with my current ones??

Jeremy

Rupewrecht
20-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Amish Nate reckons they're the same - that it's only the strut tops that are different.

If Astro can get them for that price, go for them. Otherwise the Konis will be just as good (if not better)

Astro Boy
20-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Na, I wouldn't be able to get those KYB's... You've got to remember who brings KYB's into Aus, NGK! ;)

They are the most conservative bunch of pussies you can imagine, and only get in what they can sell volumes of! If you can get them from OS, go for it! Or else the Koni's are still there...

Rupewrecht
20-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Go the Konis then. With all the fees and charges i get slugged with, it's not worth getting the KYBs