PDA

View Full Version : [VIC] Cruise this Saturday, August 11th - all members invited !!

Dogo
06-08-2007, 11:51 AM
This is a spin off from another thread (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9672) , hopefully to attract the attention of our Vic members.

There's a small cruise this weekend to welcome Kitty and Aaron who have come down from Canberra. ( Thanks Rod for organising )

When: Saturday August 11th
Start: Alexandra Ave South Yarra (Just west of Anderson St) Melways 2G E10
Start time: 10:30AM, 11:00 at the very latest
Meet at the BBQs at 9:30ish for some breakie before heading off. Breakfast is optional and will end at least 15 minutes before the cruise starts.

We will start with a run up to Punt Rd, shoot up Hoddle St to the Eastern Fwy. Follow the eastern Fwy to Springvale Rd and experience some twisties through Warrandyte, Research and Kinglake before heading through Toolangi to Healesville where we luncheon at Healesville sanctuary.

I’ll need to know some numbers before hand so I can arrange food and drink that will be available for a reasonable price on the day. Any leftover moneys will be donated to AGT to help with the running costs.

Edit:
Entry to Healesville sanctury is $23 per person.
For more detail - http://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/

Here is the link for the google map. (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=-37.828294,144.983397&daddr=Tindals+Rd+%40-37.749600,+145.196400+to:Yarra+St+%40-37.737690,+145.219360+to:Research+Warrandyte+Rd+%4 0-37.705630,+145.180790+to:Heidelberg+Kinglake+Rd+%4 0-37.532870,+145.340920+to:Gleneadie+Ave+badger+cree k&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=14&mra=dme&sll=-37.825989,144.986057&sspn=0.031186,0.05785&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.681647,145.524044&spn=0.031247,0.05785&z=14&om=1)

Print it out if you like, i'll have a few spare copies on the day.
The cruise should be two hours long if Saturday morning traffic isn't too hectic.

Its not a race - we don't condone dangerous driving etc etc

Come along, be sociable, see some cars and have some fun.
Bring a walkie talkie if you have one.

Cosmo Dude
06-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Quick words of caution.
The road upto Kinglake is popular with cyclists, very narrow and super twistie. Be patient and courtious.
The road between Toolangi and Healesville is popular with motorbikes and packed with high speed twisties. Some of the corners have interesting off-camber and tightening radius treatments.

Be safe, be courtious and if the car behind you wants to go faster than you feel comfortable at then let them past where safe. Also if the car in front is slowing you down don't push them hard, they may be better behind you watching your line.
We won't leave anyone behind even if we have to stop and let you catch up.

KittyKatSmack
08-08-2007, 04:35 PM
We'll be in an unfamiliar car on unfamiliar roads so chances are we will be going a bit slower than the locals.
I certainly appreciate that if we are slow that you'll all wait for us :)

Cheers!

Dogo
08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
are you hitching a ride or driving yourselves ?

SehnKhan
08-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Don't worry, I plan on being Captain slow on this cruise also :D

Dogo
08-08-2007, 04:54 PM
i guess that depends on whether dan is bringing the bug ;)

Rupewrecht
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
No bug this cruise!

KittyKatSmack
08-08-2007, 06:38 PM
are you hitching a ride or driving yourselves ?

We'll be in an unfamiliar car

We have organised a hire car for the event seeing as even though Dan was going to lend us the bug, more than 60kg in the passenger seat was assured if either Aaron or I sat in it :s

LOL

Dogo
09-08-2007, 10:59 AM
rent a bomb !

http://www.rentabomb.com.au/

Aaron
09-08-2007, 01:01 PM
We will be in a VW though ;)

A.

Dogo
09-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Get a performance upgrade on the vase ;)

Rupewrecht
09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
if you got a New Beetle, i'm going to kneecap someone.

Dogo
09-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I was hoping to see your Bug's new paintwork :(

Aaron
09-08-2007, 02:41 PM
You'll have to wait and see....

I'll carry a big bore Gerbera just in case we need more power.

BTW Dan will i need to leave some empty space in my bags to take a little Japanese thing home with me?

A.

Rupewrecht
09-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Magic 8 ball says: "Answer hazy...ask again later"

Cosmo Dude
09-08-2007, 05:51 PM
He will need to bring it with my sticker

Rupewrecht
09-08-2007, 08:17 PM
He will need to bring it with my sticker

Magic 8 Ball says: Yes

Cosmo Dude
09-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Last time I asked the magic 8 ball it barfed 'cos I shook it too hard.

Cosmo Dude
10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I may be late, I may be in the Demio...

The Astina's camber alignment has become unstable and needs to be looked at. If I can fix it easily or even make it stable then I will be there on time. If it's a bigger job then I may need to break out the Demio.

It's been that kinda week.

Aaron
12-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Well thank you to Cosmo for arranging our Cruise through the wild regions of the City, surrounds and food. You wear many hats and wear them well!

As Kitty is saying "Best Breakfast in Melbourne" and I have to concur it definiately takes the points as best cruise breakfast.....

Thanks also Rupewrect, Dogo it's always great to see you guys!

Apologies to Boyd and Adam for not saying farewell - we had thought you guys were running with us or meeting up with us later and we hadn't realised . Kitty wishes she had a chance to spend a bit more time with you guys... :(

Oh and yes I made it back to the hotel this morning with only one extra "blockie" completed. Starting to work out that this place is technically a grid with lots of 'wiggles" to avoid those silly tin trains that run around. Hook-turns - WTF!

Ohhh and if anyone is consider staying at the Crowne Plaza, think $0.55/min for the Internet! *gasp*

A.

Cosmo Dude
12-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all who attended. It was a pleasant little drive out to Healesville.
Below is the BBQ where we started.

mrpayner
12-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Good to see Everyone again! Especially Kitty & Aaron!

I must apologise, we were going to meet up with you guys again at the final destination, however one car yard took us to another [on the other side of melbourne] and by the time we had completed that it was 3pm! We would have loved to have spent more time with everyone. Hopefully though, everyone had a great time and there's piccies to share of adventures.

Ad's

pr1mo
12-08-2007, 03:17 PM
sounds like a great day. dont get out much thesedays tho unfortunatley

Dogo
12-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Was great to see Kitty and Aaron again, i had a great time chasing cosmo through the twisties ! Thanks for organising the cruise and the food - the breakfast on the side of the yarra was a nice surprise. Its a good meet up point - we should use it again

Rupewrecht
13-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Was great to see Kitty and Aaron again, i had a great time chasing cosmo through the twisties ! Thanks for organising the cruise and the food - the breakfast on the side of the yarra was a nice surprise. Its a good meet up point - we should use it again

What Dave said!

KittyKatSmack
16-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Home safe and sound back in Canberra.

I want to add my kudos to a fantastic meet!
Cosmo is the champion breakfast organiser!
BBQ was great too.
I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with everyone, I miss you guys so much!!

Melbourne was awesome to visit.
Must mention Cafe Beelzebub in Collingwood as a fantasmagorical place to eat scrumptious food. The owner was great company and I enjoyed my brekky stack. The glutton's breakfast was amazing to look at!
Plenty of food for a very reasonable price - so if you're looking for a friendly place that's a little bit different, I recommend it.

Shopping was lots of fun in Collingwood too with purchases made for Aaron at Essential Man, and purchases made for me at Table Eight.
The red dress I bought for the huge price of $14.95 was a hit when Rupewrecht and I crashed the geek gala dinner at the Melbourne Conference Centre. I think I was the only female wearing non-black and the knee high boots I bought from Wittner for $50 completed the look. I think it was obvious we shouldn't have been there but we enjoyed ourselves anyway.

Max Brenner......
What can I say but OMG!!
Dogo & Ms Dogo joined us for a unique experience at chocolate heaven!!
The hug mug made it home safe and sound, and our housemates want some now too!

I have to say I enjoyed our trip to Melbourne so much, seeing you guys is always a treat and I want to thank all of you that went out of your way to meet up with us and spend time with us.
I really appreciate it very much, and I hope to see you all at Albury in November :)
http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8256
No excuses, we have a cabin and we aren't afraid to share it!!!
:P

Dogo
16-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Kitty they have Max Brenner in Syd and Melb but not Canberra unfortunately

http://www.maxbrenner.com/branches.html

was sooo good to see you again - come back soon :)