PDA

View Full Version : Cruize - Sept. 16th!

Sam_323
21-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Sunday 16th, I'll organise a cruize!

will be for all astinas, and i guess the laser cousins as well!
Not sure yet on where to go, but will make it worth the while.
Possibly up the Gorge, and on...
anyone in sa, I'll make up some notices or something for others to put on random astinas to share the glory of astinagt.com, and to come along on this cruize.

Let us know what you think!!

sam_323

RedLineResident
21-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Im in. Astina exclusive or can we have a few odd cars here and there. Id bring the white GTi along if I could.

GISS-90BG
21-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I'll be there with bells on.

Just took delivery of my car, so would be great to meet you guys and cruise.

Looking forward to it, give me a shout if you want a hand with any organisation. Maps etc...

-Tom (humphrey_@hotmail.com - msn if you need)

RedLineResident
21-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey guys on the other thread I threw in the idea of combining our cruze with the Gti's. How do you feel about that. Me and Sam tagged along on their cruze on Sunday and they had good pace. Damn zippy things!!! Their handbrakes are SH*T tho. (Long story, kinda funny as well) let us know what you think about the idea. The more the merrier right?

GISS-90BG
21-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah I agree, more the merrier. I'm happy to cruise alongside Commo's to Ferraris as long as all the drivers and guests are mature people who are considerate of others cars and respect everybodies tastes.

RedLineResident
21-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Exactly right. I like the atmosphere of more and more importantly diverse cars. As long as the people are nice friendly, capable drivers and responsible then by all means I would love them there.

Sam_323
21-08-2007, 07:05 PM
excellent.... didnt know i'd have more than 2 in so quickly...awsome.
nuts to commodores tho, they're pretty much on all cruises anyway(being so many of them)
anywho, drop me some ideas of where to go, and how to grab people's attention, and we'll try and make a dvd or something of it, even if the footage is all jumpy, and 2 mins long...
(Good job to your mate Mick, cheers for that, will actually be able to improve myself!)
and yeah, the more the merrier.....

good to see some new people... being all of you, really!

GISS-90BG
21-08-2007, 07:14 PM
nuts to commodores tho, they're pretty much on all cruises anyway(being so many of them)

Wasn't really suggesting Commodores. Was just making the point that I don't have beef with any car or any driver unless they prove themself to be a wanka. Which, unfortunately, alot of Commo drivers do.

On to routes... I did a cruise with SASupra club recently through the hills up to St. Kilda, that big rec park down there, was a really good route. Don't know if any of you have done it before but some great windy roads with excellent scenery. Happy to get maps of cruise that we used.

RedLineResident
21-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Havent been there. Would be fun. Winding roads are a pre requesent. Anything else is irrelevant. Lobethol is one I do sometimes, Birdwood again sometimes. St Kilda im definately up 4 provided I get the day off.

Sam was there a lot of windscreen glare on that footage? I imagine there would be being a sunny day with heaps of shady areas but I wasn't about to kick my mate onto the window seal to get some descent stuff.

gti-013
22-08-2007, 04:26 PM
fliers :D 5min job!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/vanRootn/astinagtfliercopy.jpg

RedLineResident
22-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Good job man, What about a date for the cruze. Will you mention that? Anyways, should be fun. We need lots of cars, lots of cameras and we'll wing it from there.

BTW if this is a flyer to get people to join AGT and not for the cruze then I withdraw my comment above.

gti-013
22-08-2007, 07:02 PM
could write the cruise date on the back but mainly to get people on the site then they can view the cruise posts and decide if they want to go

RedLineResident
22-08-2007, 07:53 PM
It took me a while to get familiar with the site, and even now I don't know what the hell is going on sometimes, that is by no means a complaint. Im just saying that there is a lot of content and takes a while to source through all of it somtimes.

Im up for the idea of having very brief cruze details on the back. Like date and time and place of meet. Don't take this the wrong way man, you've got brilliant initiative and this is by no means criticism, just an idea. It may reasult in a better turnout.

gti-013
22-08-2007, 11:54 PM
yeah good point it isnt the best laid out forum ive ever seen

Mckensy
23-08-2007, 12:21 AM
This is great! Another cruise! I'm IN! and this time I'm bringing my own camera so I can get some pics! Any plans on where to go? Gorge is pretty nice??

RedLineResident
23-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Gorge is damn scary. been there twice and trying to keep up with all the other psychos who know it back to front on stock suspension and over flated tires was hmmm, how do i put this, slipery and unpredictable.

Gorge is a good idea tho, I really enjoyed it and would do it again in a heart beat. ill draw some sort of plan today and post it, let me know what you think when you see it.

gti-013
23-08-2007, 04:38 PM
stop complaining! hurry up and get your suspension in :) lol you could have it in by then couldnt you?

RedLineResident
23-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Hope so. I gotta complain in the mean time tho, waht else can i do. What will really upset me is after all this whining, if that suspension does jack and I still lean and slide. I will be really peeved off.

Here's you driving 700kg's of car mm's off the ground, having a go at me. If im not as talented or as brave as everyone else I will blame the car. Isn't that a natural thing to do. :-)

GISS-90BG
23-08-2007, 04:55 PM
If im not as talented or as brave as everyone else I will blame the car. Isn't that a natural thing to do. :-)

I second that motion.

I just got new tyres so should be nice and sticky through the corners.

gti-013
23-08-2007, 08:31 PM
i wasnt saying your not talented lol ive seen you guys do lobethal!!!, dont worry dude your suspension will make a massive difference, even if it isnt really stiff the lower centre of gravity will help a lot.

GISS-90BG
23-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Just going even more ludicrously off-topic. Do you GTI guys have a website?

Link me pleeeaasse.

RedLineResident
24-08-2007, 09:51 AM
redlinegti.com

gti-013
24-08-2007, 06:41 PM
yesh then just click on the forum link up top and your in!

Sam_323
24-08-2007, 08:29 PM
its great when its lower, you'll be able to whip it round corners heaps quicker, i cant even get mine to slide out, round my rounderbouts now-with the white one i could in a heart beat, this turbo one, na... it sticks!

RedLineResident
25-08-2007, 10:30 AM
awesom. Im also getting a thicker sway bar in as well. cant wiat

Sam_323
25-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Gummeraca, or how eva u spell it, via Gorge rd, then back down gorge or head over to north east rd?
what you reckon about that.... provided the weather is all decent!
meet somewhere like a car park around the newton/or even holden hill area? or city, even. let me know of that sounds good, or we can cut it shorter, and go up the gorge or back, and the other way via north east rd, or even lower ne road-less windy tho!!

u guys let me know if this is good, and i'll try and make some flyers

RedLineResident
26-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Don't cut it shorter!!!

Lets do all of those rds. Whatever you come up with im sure will be fun. Your almost a local in the hills, hence any route you come up with, im sure will be fun.

RedLineResident
26-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Hows this?

We meet outside botanic gardens like that time with the GTi's. Go up Magill Rd onto Old North Summit Rd, onto Lobethal Rd all the way to Lobethal.

Stop, regroup, let the brakes cool down. Then Lobethal - Mt Torrens Rd, onto Onkaparinga Valley Rd which leads to Birdwood. there we grab food from the wood oven pizza place and hava a break. (pizzas there are awesom, I always manage to burn myslef tho)

From there we take Mannum Rd back to Gumeracha and then to Cahins of Ponds from where we take Gorge Road back. Once we are back to civilization we pull over again somewhere (to be decided), take photos, sociolize and say godbye for the day.

Don't know where to end the cruze but we can work that out later. Should I go ahead and prepare the notes for this route. Any suggestions welcome

GISS-90BG
26-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Sounds perfect mate.

Reckon you could make up some directions and maps of the route in case people get lost/seperated etc. etc.

Also, is this a Swift + Astina cruise only? Got 2 mates, one with Lancer, one with Laser, that would like to attend...

RedLineResident
26-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Lancers, lasers, Gti's, celicas - whatever. Lets be social and organize a cruze based around the drive, rather than on what you drive. Ill prepare everything, in the mean time spread the word and if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them.

RedLineResident
26-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I should probably put in something that is for the benefit of all of us and it reads something along the lines of;

Please don't bring anyone who is not a very good driver, drives a bomb, isn's sociable and or thinks that they are a race car driver and as a result puts everyone else in danger. Not interested in racing anyone or explaining to my insurace company how it is that my car came to be damaged. Never fun! (well the first one can be, given the right circumstances)

Remember its a cruze, not a race and we do want to have fun.

GISS-90BG
26-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Firmly seconded.

RedLineResident
27-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Just for the record and for the sake of being a smart arse, which one do you actually second. The "lets invite them all" or the "don't be silly" post.

Sam_323
27-08-2007, 03:56 PM
i second the "not being too silly", be fast and all, but not stupid, and not put others in danger.
i would like it just to be astinas, but with others taging along, like we did, that was cool. especially, wanna try and make it so we can get a few astina group pics aswell. that would be sweeeeeeet! do we know anyone with a good photo camera, grab some pics, and i'll bring a mate to film-be a wee bit grainy, as it aint the best camera around, but pretty good.

also, that long cruze you mentioned mick, how long u reckon that'd take. that would be awsome, i'm down with that one!!!

gti-013
27-08-2007, 04:38 PM
happy birthday sam!

hopefully someone buys my gti looks like i might be getting a mazda:) they are the the best car in my price range

RedLineResident
27-08-2007, 04:44 PM
happy Bday sam. Don't know how long it may take. i might go 4 a trail run this sunday, who's inrested in passengering or tagging along. That will give us an idea of how long it may take.

Sunday 11 outside Botanic gardens. PM me if coming

Pete, Im glad its a mazda, you've chosen wisely. MX6 Turbo is it? If not tell me what it is, I can't wait to see it.

GISS-90BG
27-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Just for the record and for the sake of being a smart arse, which one do you actually second. The "lets invite them all" or the "don't be silly" post.

The "It's not a race, it's a cruise."

Might be there on Sunday. Depends if I can get out of work, want to anyway cos' I've got a cold and a party on Saturday night. Bad cold + lack of sleep + hangover does not = productive work.

I don't really mind who we invite, just saying I can get us 2 more cars if we choose to invite all FWD, hatchbacks.

RedLineResident
27-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Bad cold + lack of sleep + hangover does not = productive work.

But

Bad cold + lack of sleep + hangover does = complete capability to cruze the hills for min of three hours at max speed.

Just kiddin man, love to have you along.

GISS-90BG
27-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Bad cold + lack of sleep + hangover does not
Bad cold + lack of sleep + hangover does = complete capability to cruze the hills for min of three hours at max speed.

Max speed? What happened to lesuirely cruise? Haha...

But yeah 11am is alot more friendly than a 7am start. :)

RedLineResident
27-08-2007, 05:48 PM
i never said lesuirely cruze, i just said no stupidity. You know taking blind corners, taking opposite side of the road, abusing the public etc. Speeding is fine by me, provided you can hold your own behind the wheel without exceeding your limits and endangaring others.

if you drive fast but within your limits and relatively sensibly then go nuts.

11 it is, Ill let you know if something changes.

GISS-90BG
27-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah for sure. I do have a problem with fines though! Got done by a camera doing 80 on Marion Rd a while ago, well, flash went off and it never came. Took it as someone deciding to give me a 2nd chance!

Anyway, my MSN is humphrey_@hotmail.com, if you wanna add me so it's a tad easier to communicate details blah di blah...

RedLineResident
27-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Don't have an MSN, never did and i dont plan to. As for the fine, hate to be the grim reeper but mate i wouldn't hold my breath on the second chance. Ive heard of people getting fines months later, sorry mate. hope you are right and get away.

What it could be is either your licence isn't clear or there was two cars in the photo, rumour has it that those two scenarios may just save you.

Good luck, see you sunday

Sam_323
27-08-2007, 07:07 PM
oooo.... a "mini-trial" cruize..... awsome, im in 4 shnizzle!!
and im iamfatletsleaveitatthat@hotmail.com
ill be on later tonight!

cheers for the b'day wishes everyone!

hopeing to get some swayness into my car soon too.... 22mm at front and rear.

got the struts in over the weekend!

RedLineResident
27-08-2007, 07:15 PM
22mm rear, that will be twitchy as hell. Front wheel oversteer everywhere, I say bring it on.

Im getting a 20mm rear which is about 50% stiffer than stock.

Sam_323
28-08-2007, 10:22 AM
damn, i wont be making the trial run, am installing a mates audio system into their lancer!

sorry guys!!!

i planned it last week

RedLineResident
28-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Thats cool, Just be there for the real thing.

Sam_323
28-08-2007, 06:49 PM
i was going to be.....started organising the real thing too....lol :)

RedLineResident
28-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Ill give you more details and info after the trial run. Do you want photos, maps, notes, ect. I think that if i take a photo of each turnoff/intersection relavant to the cruze it may make it a tad easier for those unfamiliar with the roads.

RedLineResident
28-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Emergency change of plans for those planning to come to the trail run of the cruze.

I have to be back at work by 2pm for an Auction but i have up untill then free. i figure if we meet there at 9:30am it should give me enough time to do the run which should roughly take 3 and a half hours, go home change into a suit and still be at the Auction to help a colleague out.

Sorry Tom i know you were looking forward to a sleep in.

GISS-90BG
28-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Certainly was. SHOULD still be able to make it even at 9.30 but it's a maybe. Might be a case of texting you the day before.

RedLineResident
28-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Either way i should be bringing a wing man along anyways, as long as you let me know by text, PM or this thread then I will know not to wait for you.

Having said that Id love to have you along. I enjoyed having Sam's beast along on the last run but I was a bit outclassed and that was kinda dissappointing.

Sam_323
28-08-2007, 08:24 PM
just a little.... lol

gti-013
29-08-2007, 04:44 PM
did a little hills run of my own today just to make sure my swift is up to scratch, went down grand junction rd all the way to the hills it turns into a nice little run but scary the road was bumpy as hell and narrow, then it turns off onto another rd not sure what its called, but it goes to gumeracha and birdwood from gumeracha i went through to lobethal and came back down the usual way old norton summit road the whole way :D

loving the uni life lol, looking forward to the cruise hope you dont mind having the gti tagging along

RedLineResident
29-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I went that way at easter but i had to be sensible coz a friend of mine was towing a caravan behind me, could you imagine me leading and setting the pace for the convoy.

It is bumpy, kinda fun. Do you wanna do that. It goes for a while until joining onto north east road which leads up to birdwood through gumeracha. It is pretty fun, but i found it to be a bit busier than the roads i normally go through, mind you it was the easter long weekend.

Now for the verdict, how is the swift. Dont sell it before I drive it. And is it the MX6 Turbo that you are getting?

gti-013
29-08-2007, 10:43 PM
the swift is good, well good enough anyhow.

i was looking at all sorts of mazdas, 323's, 626's mx-6's but it seems although there is alot of interest in my car on carsales 215 views in a week not one person has called me!

so it looks like i might be keeping it for a bit longer fixing the clutch and waterpump etc. so dont worry youll get a drive :)

nah it wasnt my favourite drive i was just a little bored!

Sam_323
30-08-2007, 07:42 PM
man, get a famila gtr, they're worth the 10 odd grand when u can find them, they are sometimes in the trader and such.... get one of those!!

RedLineResident
30-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Ha, easier said that done. I have kept an eye out for those when looking to get my car, not an easy car to come by.

GISS-90BG
30-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Pimped out the BG with a cheap little interior pack and been out practising my heel-toeing all ready to tackle those twisty's through the hills.

Bring on the cruising!

RedLineResident
31-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Wouldn't worry about heel toeing. Too tricky and you lose the help that the gearbox provides while breaking.

BTW how can you get your feet to twist like that, there's very little space in Astinas, or its just me not being flexible enough.

kh1.8
31-08-2007, 10:49 PM
hi just joined astina gt forum, but i do have a kh laser 1.8ltr sohc atm. been looking at getting an astina but dunno yet as my laser is going so well. will be interested in going on cruise but i am 53 so will just tag along.

alan

Sam_323
01-09-2007, 06:49 AM
fantastic enthusiasm there with alan.... top stuff, i dont mind one bit.
laser/astina, no biggie, more than happy for ya to tag along.
cheers for goining too!

RedLineResident
01-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Couldn't agree more, Welcome Alan.

Glad to have you come along

GISS-90BG
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow, what an eventful day. Ok well, got to meet Miki (RedlineResident) and his mate at the meet bout 15 mins late and then we headed off up the route.

Was 5-10 mins of great winding roads and then I got a host of warning lights on my dash and car started to heat up dangerously. After waiting for it to cool down twice and taking off only to have the same thing repeat itself, and losing the other 2 somewhere in the hills. We found one another again and headed home. Had to limp my car all the way time with it stalling on me twice as I was turning a corner and failing to start but then starting again after a few minutes respite. So I managed to get all the way from ANZAC highway to Oaklands road without the temperature getting too high, by keeping it under 2k rpm and I stopped off at a mates to grab some stuff I'd left there...

Sure enough I come outside and now she won't start at all, god knows what's wrong. Long story short, I'm at home, my cars about 10 mins walk away failing to start. Ahh well.

The cruise route for the 16th looks goods though! :)

RedLineResident
02-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah looking for you without any idea of where abouts you were, whether you were in motion or whether your waiting ect and with no reception it made the search kinda interesting.

Me and P were racing back and forth down all possible paths looking for you, ah my poor brake pads. That sucks about the car. I don't know what it could be.

Start a thread with a few questions for the BG experts, they may know what it is or may have had the same problem before.

GISS-90BG
02-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Went round to mates place to get the car just now, tried jump starting her and she worked. Thinking it may be the alternator that's gone and hence the battery was dying possibly giving me bogus readings, interior signals and causing the problems.

Either way, got her home on small amount of electric life without lights or indicating. Going into the shop tommorow. No harm done. :) Fun day, haha.

RedLineResident
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Ha, thats probably spot on. the reason your car would have been idling funnily would also be because the ECU was getting weird signals due to the inconsistent power in your electric system.

Also for future refrence, AC is not a good idea when going up hill either. Sucks aways power from the engine while the window is a nice alternative. Personally I like every pony underneath the bonnet to be awake and working towards the same goal, going forward, quickly.

GISS-90BG
03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Also for future refrence, AC is not a good idea when going up hill either. Sucks aways power from the engine while the window is a nice alternative. Personally I like every pony underneath the bonnet to be awake and working towards the same goal, going forward, quickly.

Yah. Usually it ain't on, simply forgot it was still running. Had it demisting my windshield from the morning. Had slept in my car so windows were foggy as all hell.

RedLineResident
03-09-2007, 12:22 PM
thats cool man, Ive done that before. Very cold - damn schoolies. Must have been the coldest night of the year when i went.

Sam_323
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
you crazy kids..... so how was the trial run and such.....
is that where we are headed in a couple of weeks?
was gonna message u mick, but didnt have time.

GISS-90BG
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
you crazy kids..... so how was the trial run and such.....
is that where we are headed in a couple of weeks?
was gonna message u mick, but didnt have time.

Actual roads looked the goods. Hadn't been up them before so I was taking it easy. We didn't get overly far along the route though due to my car being a bitch.

Think that's where we will be going in a few weeks time.

RedLineResident
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
the roads are a guarantee to please. I suggest we take a quick detour on our way to lobethol to go down Woods Hill Rd to Summertown over some huge roller coaster type hills, kinda scary if they catch you by suprise like they did me once.

Sam I suggest you check it out prior, Its definatelly worth the drive if just for that. Go up Lobethol Rd and take the Wood Side (or something, i can't remember) turn off (Woods Hill Rd - that i am sure of). Stick to it for like 10 minutes, cross Stoney Rise Rd and then it's like the superman ride. Awesom fun guaranteed.

GISS-90BG
03-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Had a peek under the hood tonight before I went to drop her off to the shop and whaddya kno... found a snapped belt. Alternator belt obviously gave way, which powers the water pump. So, as long as theres no damage from overheating, its a cheap, simple fix! I'm stoked.

Power on you mighty BG!

RedLineResident
03-09-2007, 09:12 PM
thats good news. hope its ok. we should have picked up on that right there and then tho.

Sam_323
06-09-2007, 05:36 PM
top stuff!!!

how many we got on this cruize now?.....

1. Sam__323 (BG-turbo)
2. My Sis-should be (BG)

RedLineResident
06-09-2007, 05:51 PM
1. Sam_323
2. My Sis-should be (BG)
3. RedLineResident (BA)
4. Pierrot (85 Celica Turbo) - P was my passenger on the gti run.

GISS-90BG
06-09-2007, 05:57 PM
1. Sam_323
2. My Sis-should be (BG)
3. RedLineResident (BA)
5. Tom (BG)
6. Evan (Laser)

RedLineResident
06-09-2007, 06:28 PM
1. Sam_323
2. My Sis-should be (BG)
3. RedLineResident (BA)
5. Tom (BG)
6. Evan (Laser)
7. Balsamovan (Laser KH TX3 FWD) - fordlaser.com
8. DOCTA_FC (91 KF Laser GL) fordlaser.com

RedLineResident
06-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Something just occured to me. When and where will we all meet?

gti-013
06-09-2007, 08:52 PM
ill definitely be there if its a day cruise. if its night time it will be pending on work!

Sam_323
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
i thought we were gonna meet at the botanic gardens (like the swift one-simple)
OR, we could meet Tee Tree Plaza-if we go up NE road, or lower NE road first.
hey mick, which route were we gonna take?!

OR
Newton shopping centre, if we go up the Gorge first..... etc

RedLineResident
07-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I suggest we take the Gti route to begin with. Meet at hackey rd, go up magill rd, all the way to lobethol. Then take Lobethal - Mt Torrens Rd, onto Onkaparinga Valley Rd which leads to Birdwood. We will have 7km of dead on straight, anyone brave enough to clock out their car can do that if they like.

From there we take Mannum Rd back to Gumeracha and then to Cahins of Ponds from where we take Gorge Road back and end it at the newton shopping centre.

I think that Gorge Rd is better on the way back. Now for the times.

How about we meet at 10o'clock and leave at 10.30am. Everyone cool with the arrangement. Any suggestions are always welcome.

Sam_323
07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Na man, love that idea!! im up for that!

you want me to print some flyers for us off?!

get the logo and eveything going.

RedLineResident
07-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Sure thing man, go nuts. Do you wanna do a quick spin through some of those roads one evening next week. Just me and you. Dropped off my car half hour ago, getting springs and sway bar in this weekend. Im stoked. The car should be nice and tight when I get it back.

GISS-90BG
08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a good route, we doing maps and such?

Don't forget, it's a cruise, not a race. "Clocking out" doesn't sound very cruisey. I know it's a straight road and chances of an accident are slim, but we don't want to be seen to advocating law breaking for two reasons; Police attention to forum/bad rep to AGT and when you've got drivers of different skill levels and driving in different ways (Cruising as opposed to break neck speed driving) there is a possibility of an overtaking move going wrong, or somebody rushed into a miscalculation and causing an accident, etc etc.

Anyway, the point is... I'm of the opinion this cruise should try to keep to the speed limits and be safety concious at all times. 10+ cars flogging it through the hills isn't safe.

Am I alone in thinking this?

RedLineResident
08-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Dude relax. You don't have to speed. Those who want to have the oppartunity.

Im no cop, or no goodie goodie. Don't crash into my car and i couldn't care less about how you drive is my view on this. We do need some pace otherwise it will be boring as hell.

Sam_323
09-09-2007, 06:58 PM
cant upload the pdf....
so here is the text

Meeting Place
Botanic Gardens Car Park on Hackney Rd.
Meet at 10 AM and leave at 10:30 AM

In Adelaide
Left onto North Tce.
Then take a Right veer onto Magill Road.
Follow Magill Rd. then left turn onto Norton Summit Rd.
*Just before this, will wait for anyone to catch up.*

From Norton Summit Rd. onto Lobethal Rd.
Follow Lobethal Rd. until Main St.
We’ll stop on Main St. in Lobethal.

At Lobethal
Regroup, let brakes cool down, and have a chat.
Also enjoy the smell of glue on Sam’s exhaust manifold.

From Main St. onto Lobethal-Mount Torrens Rd.
Follow Lobethal-Mount Torrens Rd.
Then left turn onto Birdwood-Mount Torrens Rd.
From Birdwood-Mount Torrens Rd. onto William St.
Follow William St. then left turn onto Shannon St.
We’ll stop along here for some food in Birdwood.

At Birdwood
Grab some food, socialize,
Get to know each other a bit more and such.

From Shannon Rd. onto Adelaide-Mannum Rd.
Follow Adelaide-Mannum Rd. into Gummeracha
*Slow down for others to catch up if need be*
Left turn onto Gorge Rd.
Follow the Gorge until civilization
Hit Athelstone, then onto Newton.
Left turn into Newton Shopping Centre Car Park
-Just before the BP there.

At Newton

Take a few pics, some video, socialize again
Say goodbye for the day.

table of contacts for the day:

DRIVER USERNAME REGO PHONE NUMBER
Sam Furler Sam_323 SAM 323 0415 328 020 / 0438 685 387

GISS-90BG
10-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Awesome, great route. Thanks for whipping up exact directions. One week then it's go time! Yeow. Will double check and remind my friends of the cruise to try and get them there.

Think I'm going crazy, writing essays till 1 in the morning on a Sunday night is not good for the brain.

Oh yeah, Tom - 0400041571 for contacts thing.

RedLineResident
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Sam Furler - Sam_323 - SAM 323 0415 328 020 / 0438 685 387
Tom - 0400041571
Miki - RedLineResident - 0422 348 447

kh1.8
10-09-2007, 09:58 PM
mite tag along looks like fun. bit of luck should have my 17's on the old kh laser by then, by the way will their be any astina gt club stickers for sale. would like 1 or 2

alan

RedLineResident
11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't thinks so i wanted a set for ages.

Sam_323
11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Na. if i hadda known that, i would ordered some more, to sell to u guys.
i got mine last week... worth the $50 bucks!!!

RedLineResident
11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Just some quick notes:

Walkie Talkies people. If you have them, bring them.

Cameras - likewise

Petrol - 3/4 tank at least or 2/3 at the very least - Not towing anyone.

Time 10am 10:30 depart (sharp)

Money for food: not a bad idea. Driving is an exhausting task, food and water are essential

Finally Sunday should be good. Lets have fun, stur up some adrenalin, warm up some brakes and use some rubber. We pay premium dollar for it believing that it gives us good grip handling. Now lets use it to its full potential because the truth is you will rarelly need to around town.

Sam_323
11-09-2007, 06:12 PM
yep, i dont have a still camera, will be bringing me vid1 tho
and be filled up!...
gonna try a service on sat an see how we go!
lol

RedLineResident
11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Ill bring a still camera. It isn't an SLR or anything pro but it sould do the job. hopefully I don't forget.

RedLineResident
13-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Lets try this again:

1. Sam_323 (Sam)
2. My Sis-should be (BG) (Sam's Sis)
3. RedLineResident (BA) (Miki)
4. 85 Celica Turbo - was Miki's passenger on the gti run. (Pierrot)
5. Tom (BG) (obviously Tom)
6. Evan (Laser) ( " Evan)
7. Balsamovan (Laser KH TX3 FWD) - fordlaser.com (name - ?)
8. Gti-013 - said he'd come if its a day cruze (Peter)

Lets add as many people as are coming.

GISS-90BG
15-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Bumpskis. Tommorow morning boys and girls.

My cars all ready to meet yaz. Oh, and so am I. :)

RedLineResident
16-09-2007, 02:20 PM
That was a good cruze. Pitty about the weather, my tires are sh** in the wet. It was like floating through some of those corners. No grip.

Dry was real good. Sam you had a cracker pace. Enjoyed following you. I Can't believe it only took us 2 hours to complete the whole route. That was a suprise which was handy seeing as how now Ive got the rest of the day for other thing.

Next time we should do it at night. Do a night cruze when the weather warms up a bit. I think that will be nice.

Id like to appologize Tom, we kinda took a quick detour and the thought that you would wait at Lobethol and then confused you and ourselves. hope you didn't wait too long.

GISS-90BG
16-09-2007, 03:25 PM
No whackas Miki, I knew I wasn't going to keep up with you guys. Niether my car or my confidence is up to your pace so I was more than happy to take it in my own time. Wasn't waiting long, either. Sorry if I held anybody up but I know better than to drive above my limits, especially with some of the roads up there. Coming round some of those right handers with a bit of speed behind you and seeing a stobie pole 1m from the left hand side of the road makes you appreciate traction. :p

Learnt a HEAP about my car today. Really happy actually, on the way up it was good but felt a little sloppy through the corners. After I gave the tyres some air at Birdwood it all came together. Was getting through the turns quicker in the wet than I was in the dry in the end, great fun. And really getting the hang of heel-toeing as well, my little 1.8 really needs to be kept upwards of 3.5krpm to get the power out so it helps alot.

RedLineResident
16-09-2007, 03:46 PM
The wet was scary for me but I had to keep up with sam when he started pulling away so I overtook. Even though it was wet I found myself trying to be cautious but often getting carried away and creeping past 110km/h. It would be nice to have V - pettern tires for the wet, but my current tires are ok in the dry so I can't complain.

Tire pressures are a huge factor. I usually run the front at 36psi and back at 34psi. Seems to work well and they don't roll and wear out the edge that way either.

Can't wait till next cruise.

gti-013
16-09-2007, 05:09 PM
hey sorry i couldnt make it guys girlfriends ay!

well PICS...

RedLineResident
17-09-2007, 09:22 AM
No cameras made an apperance hence no pics. Sorry man, next time for sure.