AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   NSW (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Drags this wednsday 13th (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20321)

HAIGHIE 10-02-2013 11:40 AM

Drags this wednsday 13th

so as title says

i am taking my car to the drags this wednsday to see what my cars best time will be for the last time being completly stock.

now everyone who's been wanting to do it now is your time :) lol i would love to see a bunch of mazda's having a run

so come an join me and see who can get the best times:)

it's $50 to entre you car for the night, and will probly get 6-9 runs

smurfy 10-02-2013 02:23 PM

If i can find a helmet!!

maz sp20 10-02-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfy (Post 318732)
If i can find a helmet!!

Someone find jess a helmet, i would love to see her time Ha Ha :p

mattylagana 10-02-2013 04:42 PM

Smurfy: BAGHRHHJ BAHHHH bahhhhh (auto)

smurfy 10-02-2013 05:04 PM

Im gonna go buy a helmet after tafe tomorrow :) 13sec pass come at me brooo!!!! :p ahahaha

maz sp20 10-02-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfy (Post 318740)
Im gonna go buy a helmet after tafe tomorrow :) 13sec pass come at me brooo!!!! :p ahahaha

Love your gearbox jess please for me ;)

HAIGHIE 10-02-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maz sp20 (Post 318742)
Love your gearbox jess please for me ;)

6000k stall and doesn't make it past the 60ft mark haha

rodhog 10-02-2013 09:47 PM

well I'll think about - I could cum striaght up after work. Won't run I don't need to too. Well I do I have never tried my new ratios but with a sticky shift it's not as good as my old box which chirpped my MS diff into 2nd.

Okay Jess if you do - GO DON'T STALL your auto. Just when you see the bottom or FEEL the bottom orange plant it. It's been raining and I doubt they will run any additive but the track is always sticky - IT will rip your D/S but your auto diff will not like you - Drive it out.

Do Prep night before or DAY. ( just remove the loose stuff) all the other standard issue.
I'd offer my helmet but being a XXL (has to hold my EGO) it's a bit big, like other parts of me LOL.

drive in with 3/4 tank you will be 1/2 tank near end and it gives an ovewrall better result and true indication. Use the lane to Scrutenier (SP) the car on the left or closest to track as it's got the weighbridge and marval at how heavy it actually is. Then look at how light some others you think are heavy actually are NOT.

IF you want the best time. I should not do this but I would say. Private property, leanr your grip point. IF you learn your grip point. Then it's your starting point on the track. Most people don't learn it. They get nerves and then well either wheel spin panic - etc etc.

From my perspective. I got ejected for trying to hide a laptop in the car for a run. No you can't do F&F stylres while drag racing. Only because the officals wont' let you.

Don't rush shifts. You will miss.

I have two rules for the track -

Don't break down.
Breaking down is more a pain in the neck and everyone hates you MORE. Even the crowd will give you **** - even if you did blow a C4 in Capri and few moments before they were cheering it on.

Do it with a smile.
What I mean is -as far back as I can remember before the WSID. Too many different car guys and too many well, I call them haters and etc. But those who want to show off let them. Don't comment too much or eye ball engines. You might hear the comments about why what where when - Or My Fav - WHAt the ?, Why bother. Yet even consistant 16 second passes. Is still enjoyed over a car doing 13 -14 then 15 or 17 second passes. Or a car with an extra 10K running only 1 second better then stock. But don't tell him that. especially when they find out yours is stock. You might get - didn't know that quick. Most will leave you alone but it varys on who turns up.

Battery secure - good helmet - right tyres no loose bits on them and HAve lots of fun.
oh and even if it's hot you need the long sleeve and pants. -

smurfy 10-02-2013 09:53 PM

Stupid questionn... How the **** would i stall it :/

Clean_Cookie 10-02-2013 10:12 PM

Haha I've done it somehow before. I ran a 16.8 last Wednesday, so you should easily beat that!

Rupewrecht 10-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfy (Post 318788)
Stupid questionn... How the **** would i stall it :/

Different kind of stall. He means Brake and Accel at the same time to 'stall up' the auto box with a few thousand revs.

smurfy 10-02-2013 10:36 PM

Ahh okiess yeahh... Andy told me to do it around 2000k i thinkkk

swift jimmy 11-02-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfy (Post 318740)

so upgrading to an auto if it can do 13 second passes !!!

going helmet shopping 2day :-)

mattylagana 11-02-2013 09:50 AM

Just to late to run the v6 lol lost all its mods this weekend and last, might entice the misses to let me take pacman

mcwilly 11-02-2013 04:16 PM

If I had money then I'd be keen but weather ain't looking good either :-(
I need some better times but need a new gearbox aswell

HAIGHIE 11-02-2013 05:53 PM

would love to see your car run, its some pretty epic power your making,

shame you couldn't make it on saturday
but all good there will be another time.

mcwilly 11-02-2013 09:10 PM

Yea to many issues with the box at the moment for the drags another cruise will be good but

99BJAstina 11-02-2013 11:36 PM

looks like im now in for actual racing :) Not just watching haha.
Im super keen, any opinions/thoughts on stock Mazda 15"s OR my 'new' 17"s wheels?? I know 17s are 7" wide so more traction, however the 15s are lighter... (yes i know im being petandic, but i want to get the best time i can)

HAIGHIE 11-02-2013 11:40 PM

just run the 17's its not going to make a difference:) trust me :p

rodhog 11-02-2013 11:47 PM

Jess I would not do it too your Auto box. "
Stalling up a auto will well it does two things.

It stores the energy in the converter. This allows you to release it like dropping the clutch the difference is unlike a clutch it's still less violent so it's kinder to the driveshafts - (to a point)

Heres is the down side- You increase heat. Heat is in the oil- It's fine if you have an additional oil cooler. but if you don't it will wear the oil and clutch pack down. Or in other words reduce the life span of the gearbox.
Now the other downside is the Diff is what cops the punishment. And well thosei n the known like my self (30K on mazda autos ) the diff is the weak point. The auto it self was fixed in the Ge with a larger better more continuous pump.
Id' recommend you do it once.

Here is the thing right. On wednesday night as long as it's not running Elimination Tree. or Pro lights - dpending on term.

That is where all amber go on then green. Its' the normal two top lights stage then once it's activated it goes down 3 ambers then green - each with same gap. Tha'ts normal it does not start the clock untill you leave. so you have moment. IMO what I did on stock cars. just looking for time.

I'd stage when I saw the first amber. I'd stall till 2000- 3000 what the car was. I'd use 2700rpm on a S15 200SX. So Left foot on brake hard enought to stop car. usually a bit of force - then ease on the right foot till I got right revs and let go - Didn't even look at the tree. Some red lights some green lights. never held it long. Even the monaro's etc those we covered Number plates for warrenty reasons. (4 gearboxs swapped by Suttons )

Once you get the count down first amber you can go. It's funny and wrong but won't efffect your time. Some times We use ot stall on turbos and the other guy would have issues so you would be stalling and heat and gearbox breakage because some guy is like problems after burnout. Oh and Dont' bother unless you like wasting rubber, tyres and a broken box. track is sticky enough.

If you want to understand the tree and the delay I mean.

here is a car I did some time ago - long time - bad video. Old guys don't know cameras okay.
http://youtu.be/QcGFQMcGgdw

Yes he stalls it. And yes we got kicked off for that No cage. Was a private meet.
but both stall one has a higher stall and waits for the turbo to boost the other N/A similar you a stock it's not high and away.
No one thought he going to hold it first run. wasn't the plan. reason camera two was to be further down but anyway. you can see the tree.

if you haven't done it often you think it's easy but its alot harder. IT's easier with low HP cars but even me I still am not a totally consitant person - I simialr 1/4miles and MPH but I can't get my 60ft's close.
on Low HP cars - your 60ft can add over 1 second to the end time.