AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   September 22nd - No Petrol Day (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5019)

kthl 09-09-2005 08:07 AM

September 22nd - No Petrol Day

This is something I received by email today...

Quote:

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN AUSTRALIA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER
4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT
IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL
SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 22nd A DAY THAT THE
CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

CHiMPY 09-09-2005 09:30 AM

There is another one going around with the 9th.

These things are such CRAP. Just delete it and go on about your business.

mrpayner 09-09-2005 12:03 PM

Agreed.. you might might a small impact, but not 4.6 billion dollars worth..

AP

MeFo 09-09-2005 12:27 PM

Well I normally fill up on Mondays! So neither date will affect me :p

Osprey06 09-09-2005 09:27 PM

These things are rediculous - the only people who will be hurt is the end consumer. People still need petrol, so they will get it a day early or a day late - so how is that 'costing' the petrol industry anything??

DrSilver 09-09-2005 11:59 PM

i reckon petrol is about to finish...thats why the prices are going up like crazy..i give it a few years b4 petrol cars become obsolete!

chicaboo 10-09-2005 07:19 AM

We can't organise a no-fuel day on mass because the fuel companies would know and just accommodate it through raising the price again leading up to the day...
What annoys me is the trend of raising the price of fuel by say 10%, and then dropping it 5% the next week to which dumbfarks repsond "oh look that's cheap"...

Cosmo Dude 10-09-2005 08:33 AM

Initiatives like this have a very slim chance of doing anything. You have to buy petrol from these bastards but that's all. Buy your sweets, fizzy drinks, smokes and icypoles from a shop that isn't gouging your wallet.

CHiMPY 10-09-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
Initiatives like this have a very slim chance of doing anything. You have to buy petrol from these bastards but that's all. Buy your sweets, fizzy drinks, smokes and icypoles from a shop that isn't gouging your wallet.

This man speaks the truth.

andrewgrazier 12-09-2005 11:22 AM

"Buy your sweets, fizzy drinks, smokes and icypoles " will all be going up in price now because the freight is going up because of the fuel cost :P

shaggy 1800 12-09-2005 02:21 PM

How much is your guys fuel over there?
At the begging of the year it was 1.10 or something it is now at $1.55 a litre and thats for the cheap stuff :(

mike_d87 12-09-2005 04:04 PM

the only way to have an effect would be to fill up and not pay. but that is criminal and stupid and something i dont condone. but it just proves the pointlessness of it

Drunknmonkeyau 12-09-2005 06:08 PM

I was just watching A currant affair and they had a bit about fuel prices and they talked about this no fuel day on the 22nd.
I don't really think it'll do anything to be honest

platypus 12-09-2005 07:06 PM

it won't do squat

i've effectivley jsut scored another post telling you something you know

you need a no petrol week, but that would require no car bwahahaha like that will work

then again we had 104.5 last friday... bastards only did it for 2 hours

the michelinman 12-09-2005 07:44 PM

ive seen this no petrol day thingy on a few forums now :p

dfvadr 13-09-2005 02:08 PM

i think the only way any-one will sit up an pay attention is if everybody in australia stood down for a week , if you had sickies , holidays or sumthing take them , as 4 me i would loss a weeks business income but i think petrol companys an the government would b begging us after a couple off days , so there for they would act , but everyone has too hold hands on this
as 4 ns ect add a week to the end off your loan no big deal but think how much the government an oil companys stand to lose , i think aweeks pay would be worth making this country act for the people not there pockets
my 2cents worth
ps remember when the truyckies stopped the country a few years age by blocking all the hwy,s they got what they wanted , so imagine the whole country standing still the government could not lose that much in taxes or backlash they would have to act

Tublade 15-09-2005 01:50 PM

I work for a fuel company, and if this did happen and no one got fuel on that day, it wouldn't make any impact what so ever, the company's would just jack the price of fuel around those dates cos they all no that people would just fill up there cars either before or after that date, you can't really live with out your car so you'll have to start to put fuel in it some day or another.
It just sucks cos I work on the console and I get so much abuse from every Tom, Dick, and Harry, about the price of fuel and that its our fault that it goes up, we have no say in the matter, we just go there and do our job to earn as much as we can to pay for fuel at no discount to everyone else peolpe think cos you work at a servo you get special consideration from everyone else which is bull.
People don't relise that the only people that would suffer from that day would be small family owned business's that rely on people coming in filling up, and buying stuff from the shop.
Just to let you know our price at work for fuel is 122.4 for ULP, and the buying price per liter is 121.9 so there really isn't much in between what we are paying at the bowsers and what the company's are paying for.

whitephoenix 16-09-2005 12:58 AM

Doesn’t matter how long no1 buys fuel for they’re going to make it up the next day. The only way to fix them is to start driving electric cars or create a competition between the petrol companies; this would take a lot of cooperation from consumers and a lot of money to advertise the idea. If everybody goes to the petrol station with the cheapest petrol, eg. Shell then because nobody is going to Clatex they will lower there price then every1 go to Caltex then to shell ect. If they both have the same price then well pick on one of them eg no1 go to shell every1 go to Caltex.

The point is every1 likes to have money, the CEO’s of these places like to have a lot of it and all the money in the world will not satisfy there greedy thirst the only thing to stop them is petrol being obsolete or a price war between the big guys. Every1 know were going to need petrol for a long time be4 they get those electric or similar cars good enough for people to want them so the only thing left is a price war.

We need to pick on one of the companies till the other cries.