AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New to Mazdas (BJ Owner) (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21970)

Matt-Matt 30-01-2016 12:53 AM

New to Mazdas (BJ Owner)

G'day,

I'd just like to introduce myself as I've just bought my first Mazda.

My name is Matt, or Matthew if you must. I'm from Tasmania and I've been in the car game for some time now but it has mostly been European cars (specifically Audis). I've had two Audi 80's (1992 and 1994), as well as a '85 Honda City which I had for short term and an '85 Mitsubishi Colt which I initially learned to drive in.

It's a long story, but my old Audi was written off in a car accident (not my fault) and BJ Mazda 323's appealed to me as a cheap runabout and cheap for parts. Especially compared to the Audi 80's I've owned.

I picked her up for $2,200, and it has 185,xxx kilometers on it and nothing wrong with it.

The only thing I've done so far, is that I've changed the oil and oil filter with some Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 that I had leftover from the Audi and a Ryco oil filter.

It's a manual 1.6L, also being my first manual I'm thinking that I'll probably wear the clutch down quite fast. But it's cheap anyway and hopefully not a big job that I can't do myself/with a few mates.

The only two downsides with the car are that the clearcoat is peeling off the rear spoiler.. and that it was involved in a rear accident which has caused some rear damage to the bumper and one of the tail lights.

Anyway enough about me for now, I will probably come back here from time to time for small modifications and/or servicing stuff.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...ba3d21cebc308c

The one thing I am considering swapping is the side indicators for clear ones, as well as the silver/orange bulbs you can get too. I was even considering smoked ones as the tinted windows and the car being black but I'm unsure.

I've also chucked in my Sony headunit, I've got some 6x9's in the rear and I've got some 5x7's for the doors that I ordered this week coming. I have heard nothing but praise from reviews and a mate that has them in his 300ZX.

Kenwood 5x7's

JDM323 30-01-2016 08:10 AM

Welcome to Agt.

Noble323 30-01-2016 11:31 AM

!! Welcome To AstinaGT !!

I know you were saying that it has some damage to the rear but the car looks immaculate in the picture.

Matt-Matt 30-01-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noble323 (Post 337868)
!! Welcome To AstinaGT !!

I know you were saying that it has some damage to the rear but the car looks immaculate in the picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM323 (Post 337867)
Welcome to Agt.

Thanks guys!

It's a two owner grandma car, one of them had it from new for 6 years and the second owner was 69 when I got it off her. The only modification is tinted windows which is actually really nice.

I also have some clearcoat coming off the rear spoiler.. The downpour of heavy rain has actually made it worse, is there any way to prevent it further?

Rupewrecht 30-01-2016 07:58 PM

Welcome :)

Matt-Matt 31-01-2016 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupewrecht (Post 337874)
Welcome :)

Cheers buddy! :)

z100 31-01-2016 05:47 PM

Welcome to AGT!

In regards to the spoiler you could get it vinyl wrapped as a temp fix or why not just spray it yourself?

Matt-Matt 31-01-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z100 (Post 337881)
Welcome to AGT!

In regards to the spoiler you could get it vinyl wrapped as a temp fix or why not just spray it yourself?

Vinyl wrapping is a good solution, but it's kind of a ricer/tuner look which the car isn't at all.

I'll probably just leave it be for now and spray it when I can afford to (Financial situation isn't the best right now..) still can't find a job. :/