AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mazda Specific Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What have you done to your car today? (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11436)

TheMAN 24-01-2013 09:09 AM

the stock shift knob is too light
get an RX-7 one

BG1.8sp 24-01-2013 09:24 AM

The Mazdaspeed one I currently have is even lighter than the stock one.
I don't want to go massively heavy... But I think oem or maybe a little bit more would suit my tastes.

How much does the rx7 one weigh?

Rafferty 24-01-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMAN (Post 317107)
did you read my posts in that thread? all you need to know about changing the aussie filter is there ;)

No, I missed it - it would of been handy if i have of read it - 'cause the ford fuel line clips/brackets you mention would of made more sense if I knew I needed some tool to remove - I didn't quite break them (nearly) but I got them off in the end.

ghetto3 24-01-2013 11:37 AM

Ed you'd consider selling the skyactive bottle!?
It'd be a mad overflow or screen washer res. tank!!!
I got my goodies from rocket industries today, heaps of -an fittings, davies craig ewp/controller kit, tools n stuff for throttle body kit install. I removed the impeller and bearing guts from a gmb pump, cut the snout short and have got a -16 male bung welded on so the ewp feeds through the centre of pump. It looks pretty sick, i'll throw up some shots in an album on my profile soon

I needed a new water pump so i thought why not spend 3 times as much on completely unnessecary gear and distract myself while i wait for that bloody itb kit to arrive! 7 days they said,

TheMAN 24-01-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BG1.8sp (Post 317186)
The Mazdaspeed one I currently have is even lighter than the stock one.
I don't want to go massively heavy... But I think oem or maybe a little bit more would suit my tastes.

How much does the rx7 one weigh?

the mazdaspeed leather one is heavier than the stock rx7 knob, but the rx7 knob is pretty heavy itself and looks similar in styling... it should be easier to get that knob than the now rare mazdaspeed one

I'm just glad I bought my mazdaspeed leather gear knob new when I was able to... works so perfectly with my B&M short shifter :)

TheMAN 24-01-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghetto3 (Post 317197)
I got my goodies from rocket industries today, heaps of -an fittings, davies craig ewp/controller kit, tools n stuff for throttle body kit install. I removed the impeller and bearing guts from a gmb pump, cut the snout short and have got a -16 male bung welded on so the ewp feeds through the centre of pump. It looks pretty sick, i'll throw up some shots in an album on my profile soon

I needed a new water pump so i thought why not spend 3 times as much on completely unnessecary gear and distract myself while i wait for that bloody itb kit to arrive! 7 days they said,

no, but I can see if I can order one from the dealer
it is an aluminium bottle, so I'm sure it will work perfect for your needs

it isn't short though, so it may have some clearance issues under the bonnet... I estimate at least 30cm tall

ghetto3 24-01-2013 01:25 PM

What diameter? I could see a horizontal layout with orig. windscreen washer pump mounted in bottom, laying down where my fusebox used to live. Im quite keen now... i'd pay well for one,well two just in case...or supply something of equal regard!

project.r.racing 24-01-2013 01:30 PM

just go buy one from a dealership.

swift jimmy 24-01-2013 01:41 PM

put back on my front strut brace after being polished and painting the ends of it.. why hello front end that doesnt feel like a boat anymore

ghetto3 24-01-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 317210)
just go buy one from a dealership.

Yep i'll be on the hunt now, a working washer was required for rego (of course) and the orig. one looked ugly back in there.

oyeloo 24-01-2013 04:57 PM

put some paint in some places ;) will post photos when I'm done.

Orion 24-01-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghetto3 (Post 317197)

I'm still considering something like this for me FSDE 2.0L. I'm interested to see how you have routed yours.

TheMAN 24-01-2013 08:28 PM

finally took the time to shampoo and condition my nardi steering wheel and mazdaspeed gear knob.... it's been at least 2 years since I did this... I got lazy! :o

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V...520leather.jpg

it's time well spent to keep the leather soft and supple, looking like new
but now I smell like a tanner! :rolleyes:

Mad Mat 25-01-2013 07:41 AM

looks good mate :)

i picked up a BPT motor yesterday. will strip it down to show what goodies it has in side her :)

i also went a had a look at my gearbox thats being build. its DONE :) just waiting on diff lay bearings (the bearings on each end of the diff) as i have decied to go new with them.

i'll update my readers ride thread soon with pictures aswell.

giba 25-01-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMAN (Post 317235)
finally took the time to shampoo and condition my nardi steering wheel and mazdaspeed gear knob.... it's been at least 2 years since I did this... I got lazy! :o

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V...520leather.jpg

it's time well spent to keep the leather soft and supple, looking like new
but now I smell like a tanner! :rolleyes:

Lovely! What products did you use to do this? This the kinda stuff been would be able to use on the leather bolstering on the seats of his new car as well?

TheMAN 25-01-2013 03:59 PM

http://www.dieselmanor.com/Accessori...l-combo-lg.jpg

the SP20 seats have vinyl sides from what I remember

giba 25-01-2013 04:26 PM

I was meaning his MPS. Pretty much all the MPS's I've looked at all have cracked or poor leather bolstering..
Thanks.

TheMAN 25-01-2013 04:35 PM

yes they should work... I believe it's still vinyl sides as my SP23 factory leather seats are... only the seating portions are leather, but they're not high quality hides like what you find in the very new mazda6 that just came out or a lexus

I've been using these on the SP23 seats ever since it was bought new.... 7 years later, the seats still looks and feels new! I applied the conditioner to the vinyl portions with no ill effects, I'm not sure if it did anything positive for it either, but either way it's fine :)

giba 25-01-2013 04:58 PM

Ok Sweet. I found this; http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=221124388761
looks to be the same stuff. Thanks for the tip!

TheMAN 25-01-2013 05:35 PM

I use the larger 500ml spray bottle version (as pictured)... they also sell these in large jugs, for equestrian needs... they have a neatsfoot oil version also for a non-glossy/non-darkening finish