AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Queensland (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   monthly cruise (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19528)

rogerstrampoline 19-07-2012 08:44 AM

monthly cruise

Just figured that people would wanna have another cruise soon with a meet up at coffee club again and a trip under the bridge maybe? I get back from melbourne on Monday and am already gettig itchy feet from not boosting hahaha. Ps. This means get your car done derb :P

Ice88 19-07-2012 08:51 AM

Awww had my hopes up that this would be a cruise instead of coffee.

I might be there pending time and place :)

rogerstrampoline 19-07-2012 09:01 AM

Maybe we should do a big cruise somewhere this time...amall meet up, big cruise and then some photos

Ice88 19-07-2012 10:29 AM

Could just do a run down goldy through some back roads and have dinner photos n dinner somewhere on the goldy.

derb 19-07-2012 10:51 AM

Yeh yeh, I'm waiting on tools! Which should be in today so I can finish the sump crap and get everything bolted back together.

Samsara 19-07-2012 11:07 AM

Run down to the goldy, and I have the best place for lunch. Big Chief Burgers! Best place for burgers!

Big Chief is on the corner of GC Hwy, just opposite the Harbour Town shopping centre. I figure, since there isn't a lot of space where BC is, that we park over the road and walk across. That way we can get some nice Group shots in as well.

Just a suggestion though

derb 19-07-2012 11:25 AM

Yeh I'd go down the GC once a month. However I reckon we should alternate north and south runs for fairness. And my laziness. :D

Samsara 19-07-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derb (Post 298570)
Yeh I'd go down the GC once a month. However I reckon we should alternate north and south runs for fairness. And my laziness. :D

+1 for sure

Mad Mat 19-07-2012 11:41 AM

+2

im in too.. :)

marcs_sp20 19-07-2012 12:27 PM

Im up for southside meets (to say Springwood), anything further is not worth it for me for coffee meets.

Proposed days to do these meets, weekdays/weekends??

havent done Nebo/Somerset in a while, and before its mentioned im not going on any 7hr cruise through tambo to NSW...

phildough 19-07-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 (Post 298577)
Im up for southside meets (to say Springwood), anything further is not worth it for me for coffee meets.

Proposed days to do these meets, weekdays/weekends??

havent done Nebo/Somerset in a while, and before its mentioned im not going on any 7hr cruise through tambo to NSW...

I would forget doing the Mt Nebo/Somerset run for a while as the roads are full of potholes at the moment and I didn't enjoy the trip at all when I did it a few weeks back and there are current road condition warnings out on those roads.
Personally I am up for a day cruise to somewhere, whether it be through the sunshine coast or through the gold coast/nsw hinterlands.
You have to drive for a few hours out of Brisbane to find good roads.

marcs_sp20 19-07-2012 01:06 PM

Can always do this , and can stop off for dine in Pizza Hut @ Toowoomba, and arvo kick around @ Esk...

Ice88 19-07-2012 01:11 PM

I think a middle ground for meets would be best. 20 mins for Marc and 20 for Manly peeps, that way its fair and reasonable.

This route is usually pretty good:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr...fe=on&t=m&z=14

Can tack on a few other roads if you want Obi-obi. I really need to go for a drive out there and actually take note of the roads I used to drive all those years ago :p

Ben 19-07-2012 06:49 PM

I won't be coming on any cruises to gold coast area's etc due to its about a 1 hour for me just to get to brisbane!!

I always can do Ice's route, seeing as how thats my late night fun anyways :p

Cliffandrews 19-07-2012 07:09 PM

Sorry to barge in with an OT question,..but how do you start a new thread, or ask a question? I cant see the right icon to do this, despite being "OKed" to do this. Must be getting too old or something :-)

Cliffandrews,..tks for any info.

rogerstrampoline 19-07-2012 07:36 PM

We can sort it out for like 2 weeks time? Not the weekend coming but the weekend after....I work a 50 hr week so can only do nights or weekends

project.r.racing 19-07-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 298629)
I won't be coming on any cruises to gold coast area's etc due to its about a 1 hour for me just to get to brisbane!

Its a 2 way street. You cannot expect poeple to drive 90mins north if you are not prepared to do the same south.

Rupewrecht 19-07-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffandrews (Post 298635)
Sorry to barge in with an OT question,..but how do you start a new thread, or ask a question? I cant see the right icon to do this, despite being "OKed" to do this. Must be getting too old or something :-)

Cliffandrews,..tks for any info.

This button

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/image.../newthread.gif

At the top left of the page, above all the other threads in that section

Ben 19-07-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 298640)
Its a 2 way street. You cannot expect poeple to drive 90mins north if you are not prepared to do the same south.

I never said that i expect them to. :confused: Im just saying i wont be coming on cruises to the gold coast if its not worth my while. Im sure they feel the same about driving down my way. Its just that north cruise was suggested. ;)

Samsara 19-07-2012 10:59 PM

let's settle it down guys, this can be a monthly thing, so it can go both ways, besides, I'm sure there will be a few people that might not make the cruise to either of them, so we can organise a few to suit people that live out of the way.

I'm more than happy to drive pretty much anywhere for fun times.