AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior & Electrics (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wedge Engineering seat rails (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21204)

bathtub 24-01-2014 12:09 PM

Wedge Engineering seat rails

Hi guys,

I've just bought a drivers side seat rail for a Sparco fixed back from Wedge Engineering in the US. It just dawned on me that I'm probably going to end up with a left hand drive drivers rail because it's coming from the US..

Does anyone know if it's still going to fit alright or am I going to have issues? Obviously the seatbelt buckle is going to be on the wrong side but that should be an easy fix. I'm more worried about the rails not being symmetrical. It's for a Ford Laser SR2, so same setup as the BJ SP20's.

Rupewrecht 24-01-2014 12:37 PM

Rails are side-specific - you're better off cancelling or reordering the correct one. Front mounts are similar, but the rear ones are quite different and wouldn't easily be swapped.

bathtub 24-01-2014 12:47 PM

So the passenger side would fit? Easy done!

TheMAN 24-01-2014 06:28 PM

it's very simple, I don't know why people get so confused between the left and right side of a car... where is the steering wheel of your car? the right side of it! Where is the steering wheel in a US car? the left side! So you need a right or US passenger seat rail, simple as that...

"right" and "left" of a car has always been defined universally simple... it's based on while you are sitting inside the car looking out... there is so much unnecessary confusion caused by "it's on the left while I'm standing in front of the car" and such rubbish... I wish people would stop over thinking the matter and think of it in the simplest terms because it is the answer

/rant

da20valve 27-01-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathtub (Post 332339)
So the passenger side would fit? Easy done!

Yeah passenger side brackets fit the drivers side over here, the handles on the sides of the seat will be on the wrong side (but I know you aren't ordering the seats),

Simple..... its what ever side of the car you sit on in relation to the handbrake or centre console.

lukeyprotege 28-01-2014 12:14 AM

hey man if you don't mind me asking was shipping expensive? I want factory recaros

bathtub 28-01-2014 07:14 AM

I just clicked drivers side without it even registering that it would be wrong coming from the US. Order has been changed and it's on it's way as we speak. Shipping was about $120 for the one rail? It's expensive but they make a really nice product!

lukeyprotege 28-01-2014 10:25 AM

Thanks man :) yeah would be worth it in the long run. I would really love a decent drivers seat.

Rupewrecht 28-01-2014 10:28 AM

Damn, i've got a Recaro rail here i could have done for less than you paid for shipping.