AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   International (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Alo! (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5916)

Cindy Buys 10-02-2006 11:03 PM

Alo!

Alo!

Just joined. Am I the only South African member? Are any of you guys in Aus planning a trip to SA? I'd luv some of those Clear Altezza tail lights (the black ones) form Ozparts. But the shipping and import tax (import tax 39% for automotive accessories in SA!!!) will cost me more that the lights :( ! But I want them desperately! I have never seen a Astina here with them! Must have!

pr1mo 10-02-2006 11:13 PM

hey cindy. welcome aboard! find someone over here on holidays and tee em u with someone from the forums :) that will get u your lights! got some pics of your BA??

cheers mike

Nate 10-02-2006 11:29 PM

hey mate, i still talk to one of our ex sooth efrican members all the time, but he has a 180sx now. so i guess that makes you the only active south african member :p

welcome to the boards!

SehnKhan 10-02-2006 11:34 PM

Don't mention the cricket... :)

Hehe, kidding around, welcome aboard :)

Cindy Buys 11-02-2006 12:21 AM

What Cricket? Just kidding, I know, its bad. Don't really watch cricket that much. Prefer rugby.

Dogo 11-02-2006 12:41 AM

Hi !

I'm almost South African. My parents lived and married in SA and then moved to Australia, then I was born.

Where are you from ? I have family in Jo'burg, Durban and Cape Town.
Hopefully I'll go over there again soon.

Cindy Buys 13-02-2006 08:39 PM

Hi there! I live close to Jo'burg, near Roodepoort. Please, please, please let me know when you are coming. I need those tail lights! Would appreciate it greatly! Where in Jo'burg do you have family?

project.r.racing 18-02-2006 10:13 PM

I work with a gal from there, she moved over 9 months ago. She's planning another trip over there and I may be going with her also. I am dieing to see the african wilderness and animals. Welcome to AGT!

And a mate from work also goes and catches snakes in Zimbarwe every year.. Crazy fool going into Robert Magube's back yard...

Ryan

boostedbatman 19-02-2006 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy Buys
Alo!

I'd luv some of those Clear Altezza tail lights (the black ones) form Ozparts. But the shipping and import tax (import tax 39% for automotive accessories in SA!!!) will cost me more that the lights

Godverdomme
Thats some serious taxing you have there
You may be able to buddy up with someone here who is able to send you a set all giftwrapped with happy birthday paper and attached card to beat the bludgers
Works for me with stuff I bought from Canada
Good luck getting a set you should be able to dress up your ride without having commital to donating to the governmental holiday funds
Welcome to the club by the way

Cindy Buys 21-02-2006 05:09 PM

Hi Ryan
Well last week I found out that a friend of mine's brother is going to Aus in March, so I'm hoping to convince him to bring the lights along. Please let me know when you are coming though just in case my friend doesn't work out. Where in SA are you going?

project.r.racing 22-02-2006 08:07 PM

I have no idea yet, wherever her family lives and wherever the road takes us.

Ryan

dfvadr 09-04-2006 08:08 PM

in australia to beat the sales tax you import them as a sample or rebuild
check your rules for sa maybe you can put something simler down an beat the tax , if that can be done you transferr the money ill buy them an get them to you

Boosted 07-06-2006 08:23 PM

Hi Cindy,

I think we are the only 2 SA members. I am from Cape Town. Going to make a trip to Jozi soon as i want Louis Lima to sort my turbo gremlins out for me and fit a NOS kit as well

Guys I think it unfair that Cindy gets a set only. I want a set of that lights to.

Oh I would love to get my hands on the whiteline swaybar kit as my car really needs that.

We do not have any aftermarket parts for the Astina here I envy u Aus okes!!!!

SUPER 18-09-2006 09:39 PM

Super

Hallo All.
Im A New Member Driving A 96 Astina.
Cindi Buys, Im From Cape Town, So You Can Be My S.a Friend! Haha!!
Im Looking For A Wicked Front Bumper For My Car.
Help!!!

platypus 19-09-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy Buys
But the shipping and import tax (import tax 39% for automotive accessories in SA!!!) will cost me more that the lights

what if the description only said "2x lamps"?

theres always a way - and customs declarations arn't meant to be vague anymore (so no writing "auto parts")

either that or just say its a book:p

Gersom 24-09-2006 09:57 AM

poor guys. u just don't know who to ask.
to boosted: i had a big fight with those guys from nitrous and performance about my 626. since louis lima sold it, it hasn't been the same.

any way. new to AGT too.

the sa guys should mail me then they can join the 323F club. couple members in the cape. alot in jozi. some in pretoria. it's a fun bunch

Mr Akimoto 14-03-2007 11:39 PM

Hy cindy ! Cindy buys sounds dutch to me ? Got your roots overhere??

89sp1.8 15-03-2007 07:42 AM

welcome to forums! any pics of ur ride?:D