AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Smash repairs help! (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18396)

smurfy 20-09-2011 04:38 PM

Smash repairs help!

So the place my car is at atm has been there for a week now, and I’m so close to going down there and taking it to another place.
The guy hasn’t returned any of my calls, let alone call me when he said he would, hasn’t contacted the insurance company, hasn’t done a proper quote on the car, let alone open the bonnet (drove past and still is sitting how i left it). So much for getting it back to me this Friday!
I haven’t had to deal with smash repairers before as this is my first crash.
I’ve contacted the insurance company, they are calling the place to, and (waiting for them to get back to me) the place was suggested by the insurance company for my area, they have been very helpful but I guess there’s not much more they can do?

Any suggestions on what I should do? Or am i being impaction and worrying too much ?

the damage..
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/...9/SAM_1002.jpg

Clean_Cookie 20-09-2011 07:06 PM

Took 6mths to chase the at fault drivers insurance...and longer to have it fixed.. It is rediculious.

LTN000 20-09-2011 07:17 PM

go down there and confront them? is the shop not open...if u have your keys get in and take it somewhere else

smurfy 20-09-2011 07:18 PM

im at fault so theres not chasing the other driver. but im pretty sure he cant get his car fixed till i pay the excess right?

LTN000 20-09-2011 07:20 PM

dont think so your insurance pays them out and they chase you down for excess

z100 20-09-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTN000 (Post 271376)
dont think so your insurance pays them out and they chase you down for excess

Correct.

I would be going to see the mechanic and getting some answers.

Cosmo Dude 20-09-2011 07:49 PM

Repairer doesn't give a rats... 'cos it's not you who pays him. Keep on your insurance company to have it repaired and pay your excess if you haven't, that may be your problem.
Insurance will repair the other driver even if you are in dispute. When my 2 was driven into I paid my excess and had the car repaired, when the other driver failed to prove I was at fault they refunded my excess.

smurfy 20-09-2011 08:28 PM

ringing them tomorrow morning, will be in there on thursday taking the car somewhere else if nothing has been done.

rodhog 20-09-2011 11:19 PM

I'd say not looking under neith it's touch and go - pay out or repair and question on if all your mods are covered. Your at fault and this puts you into the whole Costing.

Normally if your paid out - your excesss's will be taken from the pay out. But they all so like to get out of it if they can in anyway.

Insurance company is the one who must do the real work. Normallly they are right on it. Or if you get quotes etc they make sure it's done in reasonable time.

All panel shops are shifty it's trade thing. Margins are tight so - Job like yours might be questionable if it can be repaired or not.

Who's the insurance company ?

project.r.racing 21-09-2011 06:23 AM

I've alway paid the excess to the panel shop when I have picked up the car.

If things are not moving along, then you need to speak to the insurnace company, not the panel shop.

smurfy 21-09-2011 07:43 AM

he told me to pay when i pick up the car too,

i have been in contact with the insurance company cause they were wondering on monday what was happening with the car, they didnt even know the guy had the car so he hasnt got aproval from them, i'm going to ring them when i decide to get outta bed :)

insurance company is qbe, i think they have been very helpful so far with everything.

swift jimmy 21-09-2011 02:01 PM

any update?

never had to deal with insurance or car repairers but stories like this make me cringe.. hopefully you get it straightened out.. pun intended :-)

smurfy 21-09-2011 02:51 PM

so stuff has actual got done todayy.. The trouble has been through the repairer and qbe not communicating well with each other. Qbe are sending an inspector out to look at the car, damage is to the bonnet, bumper right guard? grill radiator and radiator support, there actualy going to repair my open mouth grill for me :). Drove past it today on the way to maccas for lunch and the car has finally being pulled apart!

Ben 21-09-2011 03:06 PM

Keep us updated how it goes.. Thank god they have got there finger out finally!

JDM323 21-09-2011 04:27 PM

good one

smee 21-09-2011 10:45 PM

SP in sunrise yellow.
Make sure they are able to match the colour properly.

smurfy 22-09-2011 08:08 AM

ohh they will here about it if its not :)

isnt it sunburst yellow? Hz i know is the code

smurfy 29-09-2011 08:42 PM

sooo after two and a half week and alot of stress i finally got it back! The repairs on the car are great so i cant have a go at them for thatt

JDM323 29-09-2011 09:16 PM

now you can enjoy once more:)

Rhys 29-09-2011 09:34 PM

Good to hear! Glad she's ok in the end