AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance & General Maintenance (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   F_ _k_n pigs - Defects (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458)

TURBO MAZDA 26-11-2002 08:45 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well was having a great weekend until I got pulled over by the cops on Sunday night, They made me get the car inspected by an RTA inspecter. The pricks gave me 4 defects , Not enginered for the turbo conversion, wheels & tyers to big, to low and a little crack in the windsheld, The pricks weren't going to let me drive the car away, they yellow labeled me, they gave me 1 hour to get home. Now I have 21 days to fix it and get the thing re-inspected but i can't drive the Car "How Can I fix it With out driving it to get fixed!!!!" And to top it of he gave me a nice fine to go with it.

Bluddy jealous bustards !!!![/color:post_uid0]

EZZY 26-11-2002 09:13 PM

[color=#000080:post_uid0]chris, sorry to hear tmate!
anyway, yes, you can drive your car to get fixed...in a way.

when you need to get stuff done to clear the defect, you need to write on a piece of paper, stating from what location you are driving your car and to what places, and to get what things done for the defect. its best to contact the owner of say.... the windscreen place and book yourself in, so they have the record, and put that on the paper. sign it and leave in the glove box. just in case you got pulled over, so you can show that to the cops, in front of them.
DONT EVER use those "traffic" plates anymore.

good luck with it. like i said to you earlier, get your car engineered if you are going to keep it. :)[/color:post_uid0]

TURBO MAZDA 26-11-2002 09:35 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah thanks eric

The car is getting looked at by my enginer this week, hopefully I can get it enginered with out having to take many mods of it.[/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht 26-11-2002 09:42 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]i can't remember if you've got a GTX or the standard engine turboed, but tell them that your engine is from an australian-delivered TX3 turbo and it should be a little easier to get engineered :)[/color:post_uid0]

EZZY 26-11-2002 10:08 PM

[color=#000080:post_uid0]it doesnt make any difference Dan.
it all depends on the year of the chassis of the car.
as long as the emissions meets the ADR.[/color:post_uid0]

IZG-00D 27-11-2002 12:37 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]eric... i got told that in some later future, RTA inspections or the police will reject any engineered certificate. so overall later, enginered cert won't matter. if it's not stock, then your in trouble.
apperantly, australia is going to be very strict on car mod, specially pollution (noise, exhaust fumes).[/color:post_uid0]

BigBoyLemonade 27-11-2002 12:43 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]hey everybody... learn what is illegal and legal on your car... the rta inspectors and cops will defect your car in anyway but if you present yourself in a way that you know the law they go easier on you.

For eg. Testing the exhaust. they have to stand at least 1.5 metres back and you only have to rev your car to 4000rpm. Some cops will jam the dB meter up the exhaust and tell your car is illegal... I have avoided many defects by knowing the law... They get caught off guard if you know the law better than them.

With defects... its a part of life if you have a car...

Engineering certificates are valid but as long as the modification adhears to the Australian Design Rules (ADR). If they dont the engineering certificate is invalid with the RTA.[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow 27-11-2002 12:43 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well that's a f$%^en rort. As long as it meets EPA requirements, what's the problem? I think they just don't want us to have fun. :angry: :angry: :angry:[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO 27-11-2002 06:53 AM

[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]I know a cop and was talking to him about defects. He said that he and his mates usually wouldnt bother checking out a car if the driver was alright to them - not being a smartass etc. If they were, they would pick up on every little thing and canary the car.[/color:post_uid0]

TURBO MAZDA 27-11-2002 04:57 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Being a smart ass, I didn't say a thing or do a thing, I was at the lights waiting to turn when this cop sees me turns where i was at the lights then chucks a u_turn behind me, then I didn't even drive 20 meters befor he pulled me over.

Straight away he asks for my license and then comes back with this green paper saying that i have 15 mins to get to the rta inspection bay or a $2000 fine with out even looking at my car.[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO 28-11-2002 03:34 PM

[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Sorry mate, wasnt referring to u in particular. Just a general statement.

Thats a pretty bad story tho, what did he defect for? I thought they had to actually do the defects themselves, not just send to RTA!?

I was with a mate one night in his 4AGZE Rolla when the cops pulled him up for a check. Saw the intercooler and said "its turboed", even though it has "supercharged" written across the motor! Anyway, cop got a bit embarrassed and left. :) Dont know what the point of that story was, it just came to mind!

Brad[/color:post_uid0]

..::TalenT::.. 02-12-2002 11:50 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]hey thats pretty funny that story, i dont understand why they have to defect so many cars and when you see the cars pulled over its always a sharp modded car not a rusty XF wagon, as if thats not descriminatin. My cuz is a highway patrol cop n he does defects, i didnt really get to ask him much about it all but when he said he does em i called him a pr**k ... :p i spose if a car is dangerous then it deserves to get defected but seriously half tha defects are b***s**t, like what Rupewrecht said about the lack of the "H" pattern on a gear knob, if you have to look at that when you change gears to know where the gears are then you seriously shouldnt be driving...

anyways i hope none of yous get pulled over and ill catch yous all later ! peace :D[/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht 03-12-2002 12:00 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]but after driving a VW Polo (with the worst clutch EVER) today i can understand the need for the H pattern thing. considering reverse is push down on the gear lever, then move the gear lever to the left and up![/color:post_uid0]

EZZY 03-12-2002 12:20 AM

[color=#000080:post_uid0]same with all audi cars... :([/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht 03-12-2002 12:33 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]probably a european (or at least a VW/Audi) thing...but the Beetle is push-down and left-and-down. but then again it's 40 years older than the Polo :D[/color:post_uid0]

..::TalenT::.. 05-12-2002 01:53 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid2]yeh and tha mercedes kompressors have that push and left-down thing goin on with their 6 speed :D and also my mates daewoo has that thing goin on aswell...

does anyone know of any other little things that people have been defected for?

are ram pod filters legal? i would like to know some things that are defectable so i make sure they dont happen to me or my friends ... later Adam :)[/color:post_uid2]

EZZY 05-12-2002 05:02 AM

[quote:post_uid0="rupewrecht"][color=#000000:post_uid0]probably a european (or at least a VW/Audi) thing...but the Beetle is push-down and left-and-down. but then again it's 40 years older than the Polo *:D[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000080:post_uid0]and dan, how many time have you done the "wiper/indicator" thing with your vw?
it takes a little while toi get used to.yes, with the daewoo, you need to pull a little thing on the knob up nd then push the whole thing down...... weird[/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht 05-12-2002 05:11 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]hah yeah i do that with the blinkers. at least wi the beetle there's only the one arm (the blinkers) out of the steering column - the wiper control is a knob you turn on the dash.

and i remember driving something that you had to lift a 'collar' under the gearknob to engage reverse - no idea what it was tho

and pod filters are illegal, but i think you can get them engineered (not sure about that). but put it ina box and you can'te tell anyway :)

along with other things like neons and parking light globes...and those damned windscreen washer LEDs![/color:post_uid0]

DaRK_323 03-06-2003 09:19 PM

hey hey guys!!!
actually it wasn just europeans that had the push down and to the left to get the reverse gear, if u guys have ever driven an older holden with the 4 speed, YES 4 SPEED, manual on the floor, it was exactly the same.
just a weird little fact.... and who actually needs the h pattern after the first time u drive the car????

.................................................. .................................................. .......
Ban low performance drivers! not high performance cars

Rupewrecht 03-06-2003 09:43 PM

well, if you didn't, how would you know how many gears a car has? or where reverse it? as long as someone's around to tell you it's no problem
- i mean eventually you'll work it out, but it's nice to know straight away!

some cars have:

R24

or

R24

or

24R

etc etc